Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I saw you had a 'wish list' of woods.... Purple heart was one of them. I swore this was mentioned before.. but I cant surf through 20 pages to find it.... this thread needs an Index, its so huge and comprehensive. :lol:

Wouldn't a Purple-Heart Purple-Days be awesome? :cool:

213rg3l.jpg

Doesnt seem too expensive....

Any particular reason you haven't tried out (or have you?) this wood with the PD? Too pricey? rare? endangered?

I made a jewelry box for my mom, which is quite nice if I might add, and used Walnut and Purple Heart. She loves it. :D

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
You have the Ti max?
I have maple. There's a pic of mine in this thread somewhere.

packing the stem with a pinch by hand, inhalation, and stabbing into the herb jar are the three main ones ive seen
I use the stabbing method. I usually keep my 'ready to use' herb in a small pill bottle, and stabbing is easy. I also use the 'scoop/stab' method if the herb is in the palm of my hand. It's an individual preference kind of thing.

Wouldn't a Purple-Heart Purple-Days be awesome?
I like the Purpleheart too. But according to Tom (correct me if I'm wrong), the heavy, dense woods don't work quite as well. The high density serves to transmit the heat more easily to the outside of the wood, instead of keeping it inside where it can be channeled to the bowl.

Here's an exotic wood site that lists specific gravity for different woods. The ones with an SG closer to .5, rather than 1.0, are going to work better when turned into a PD vape.
http://www.bellforestproducts.com/exotic-wood/

max,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Nice SpiralArchitect! I've been working this weekend, and I see you've ordered your unit while I was away. Awesome! I know you'll be happy, and I look forward to reading your indepth review. You are very thourough, so I'm sure you have a good one.

I'm loveing my PD with the new vapeing method I've posted, and I've strated your duff regimine today SA. Working good so far, and the panic is at a minimum. Thanks again for the advise. You too vaporcloud. I've started practicing the self med methods this weekend. It will take some time to understand and get right, but I can see it will work if I stick to it.

The PD works great to take a small ball of bud like VC said, hit it once or twice, crush it up, and suck straw it back into your bowl. Get ready for one more good/thick hit. The only problem with this method so far it is the clogging of the screen quicker than usual. The iso doesn;t seem to get it all out with a quick soak, but an overnight one with the bowl in the iso worked. A little more cleaning for a bigger hit is a sacrafice I'm willing to make.

Talk to you guys tomorrow.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Sorry for all these freakin updates for the PD, but I am a huge fan and want to spread the good word. Now that I have had another 12 hours with the machine, my feelings have grown even more fond of this unit. So when people ask, what?s your favorite vaporizer? The answer isn?t so easy anymore. It used to be the VRIP for pure taste and all glass construction, then I loved the SSV for it?s convenience, size of hits, and potency, now there is the PD. I don?t know if this is a perfect analogy but if the PD was a car, it would be the new Tesla roadster. Doesn?t use up a lot of fuel, and gives you crazy bang for the buck performance. I?m not going to lie, if I were a grower that was sitting on an unlimited supply of herb, the PD probably wouldn?t get as much use.

I still love taking hits from the VRIP or SSV better, just easier to inhale huge amounts of vapor and can run it through water/ice filtration but times are tough these days, and conserving is key. The PD excels in this area and is the only vaporizer on the market that allows you to get as high as you want. What I mean by this is that if you want a small buzz, decent buzz, or want couch lock, you can easily vape the correct amount to achieve the mind state that you want. It is very hard to do this with the other units, it?s either ?super faded? or ?not faded?.

Anyhow, I had extremely high expectations for this unit and it has lived up to all of them. I do think that setting expectations is also important. Tom has a done a great job letting us know what this unit is great at, and just importantly, what it is not great at. I think it is hands down, absolutely the best vaporizer on the market at maximizing your herbs. Nothing comes even close. Being the wimpy throat person that I am, I am going to connect some of the whip tubing to one of my stems to see if I can filter one of the tiny stems thru my mini ice catcher so my throat doesn?t get as dry. Hopefully I can do this in a manner where it doesn?t effect the essence of the PD as a simple, easy to use unit.

Max, perhaps you can answer this question. The i-inhale supplies you with extra tubing to cool off the vapor from the unit to your mouth, do you think this would help with adding some tubing to the stem of the PD? I know that your throat doesn?t get irritated but I?m assuming this is the same concept right?

stonemonkey55,

vibes1952

VTAC- (let me start off by saying great video)
I'd like to know, can you describe (a video would be best, but I can understand why you might not want to..hehe), how you got those TREMENDOUS hits out of the PD. I mean i get
an OK amount of vapor out of mine but not like that. I'm starting to think my slow draw method is off. Maybe I just cant inhale the same amount. Am I packing too little or too much, DO you do anything special when you load? How much are you putting in the bowl (I hate calling it a bowl, its so small, more like a thimble but even that is too large....)? Sorry for all the questions.... it's so simple a system but small variables can change the hit from a OK one to a GREAT one...and I do understand that I was not expecting SSV type hits...but seeing a video like that makes one wonder.....I got to be doing something wrong.
It's interesting that some of you guys are sending your other vapes back for similar issues...not keeping temp correctly....it's great having the PD there (you may not use your other vapes anymore by the time you get them back)

I dont think Tom gets many if any returns for adjustment if any. I still can't figure out what can go bad with the PD, except for the transformer or the LED (doesn't effect the unit though)

completely side ?, any NY/NJ/Conn PDers :cool:
I'm in the NY area

vibes1952,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Glad you guys liked the vid. Remember that vapor visibility is all about lighting, I could have filmed that somewhere else and you would barely see any vapor. The best is a room where sunlight is streaming through a window and you can see dust particles floating in the air. To be honest, that vid was shot on the spur of the moment, it could have been a lot better. The bud was good but not great, camera work, etc.

For a really nice hit, good preparation helps- use herb ground to the right consistency, a little finer than most herb grinders produce, it'll provide a more even pack for the hot air to pass over the herb more efficiently. Let it heat up for 5-10 seconds, same idea as Extreme users letting the bowl warm up for 20 minutes, the PD bowl is great for that effect and heats up quickly.

Rockwise said:
the stickier the kind bud is, like lets say a Kush or Great White Shark, the better it is to let your packed bowl warm on the heater for a couple minutes. As it warms, the resin glands become gooey and ready to explode as vapor when you start pulling.
Draw speed is hard to quantify and the PD is pretty forgiving, but overall, a slow steady draw should allow the air to warm up a little more. You should feel the resistance of the air being forced through the herb. If you don't feel much resistance then maybe it's not packed very evenly as mentioned above.

It does seem silly to have just written all that, considering just how easy the PD is to use. :lol: Also kind of funny seeing how usually I take smaller hits and try to hold them in as long as possible so that less vapor is exhaled. One more thought, I have a friend that's smoked at least a pack a day for 30 years, he's big into vaporizing his weed now, but still smokes the cigs. Anyway, he never seems to exhale as much vapor as me, I'm wondering if all the tar in his lungs has something to do with it?

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Remember that vapor visibility is all about lighting, I could have filmed that somewhere else and you would barely see any vapor. The best is a room where sunlight is streaming through a window and you can see dust particles floating in the air.
Think I mentioned this when I posted my vid ;) The floating dust particles are the best indication. My bedroom has fantastic afternoon sunlight streams (where my vid was shot - it to was a spur of the moment thing) and geting the right angle makes it almost smoke like it appears so thick. Yet outside the streams of sunlight the vapor is only lightly visible.

Nice vid Vtac :tup:

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yup. I'm super excited!

Tom sent me some pictures of individual ones and I got them sitting on the 2nd monitor, kind of 'easing into me'... I think I might go with the She-Oak.... it's so warm and vibrant. I love the 'tiger stripes'. Still undecided however... gonna put some thought into it. ;)

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Another great thing is that when you utilize the grazing method, the decent back to Earth is quite a bit smoother. There have been days where I met up with the SSV at lunch and went back to work and had a productive hour or two and then drowsiness takes over me and I have to power thru the last couple of hours. With the grazing method, you get what you need and when it wears off, my body and mind aren?t as tired. It is tough to think of cons for this trusty little unit

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Uffda! I just read the whole thread! :o I'm vaked.

K, I decided on the Tea Tree. The She-Oak is a little too vibrant. I thought long and hard about it and decided that I might grow weary of the 'orange'. Can't go wrong with a more traditional wood.

Thanks a ton for the personal pictures Tom! Once again, my hat is off to you.

I'm really looking forward to the arrival of the PD and accessories (holder/billybowl/buzz butter). Super stoked. :D

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
After reading Max's review on the i-inhale, he mentioned that they included extra tubing to attach to the mouthpiece so that the vapor would be cooler by the time it reached your throat. I took this idea and expanded it with the PD today. I took one of the stems and attached a silicon hose to it, at the other end, I attached it to an elbow joint with male GG connection. I connected the male GG to the female GG joint to my waterpipe and voila, water and ice cooled vapor hits from your PD!

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
^

I've been thinking about doing this when mine arrives. :brow: Glad to see it works!

Tom sent me pictures of my baby being made. This has been, hands down, the single most enjoyable shopping experience of my life. I can't wait for the results! :D

SpiralArchitect,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah. The only thing though is my Bluedot bong still hasnt been shipped from my friend >.<

It's been months. I need to call him up and give him a lil' reminder. heh. The thing will be perfect for vaping with. About a foot tall, ice catcher, simple, clean, small.

All I have right now is a 4-perc 3-footer which is dirty and I don't feel like cleaning it. It isn't pleasant to vape out of regardless.

I took one of the stems and attached a silicon hose to it,
Assuming we have the same tubing -- it fits over it just perfect? Good seal and no leak? If so -- awesome! :D

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I have a few different sizes of tubing that I have accumulated over the years by purchasing different whip units. I did make a breakthrough, I used to think that the food grade tubing slightly altered the taste of the vapor. I found some new silicone based, medical tubing that is more opaque and does not effect the taste of the vapor at all.

The tubing does fit nice and tight and I would recommend running it thru a smaller water pipe simple because of the size of the hit the PD produces. I connected it to one of my hand held bubblers and although it is a bit more effort to vape this way, works extremely well and gets rid of all dry throat irritations. Good luck with yours!

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah, I have never been fond of the clear tubing. I've always used opaque silicone tubing.

I think I'll be ordering a water-pipe attachment sometime this week. My bong is 18.8mm and overlapping the tubing works for 14mm but not the larger size. Yup, I'll let you know how it goes.

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
I took this idea and expanded it with the PD today. I took one of the stems and attached a silicon hose to it
What size tubing? Inner and outer diameter.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
It would be the size that is one bigger than the tube the i-inhale comes with, when i get home i will double check

stonemonkey55,

Purple-Days

Bit of reference: the PD vapor tubes are 1/2" OD, That silicone based tubing is great for no taste effect, but the stuff I have used can get discolored (so-what). It can even accumulate a vapor flavor,(oh, darn!):D.

I have used a short (6") extension but found it cumbersome for the benefit, that doesn't mean others might not enjoy. I think tubing increases air-to-vapor ratio. The 'cooled' hit has intrigued me since visiting this site and I've often wondered about the PD adaptation to that system. Sooo cool :brow:

Purple-Days,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Hey Stonemonkey, did you put the tubing over the PD stem or was it small diameter and went into the hole?

I don't really have any issues with the vapor being hot and to be honest I don't find it any hotter than my box vape ... infact its not its cooler! It could be the higher vapor to air ration of the PD that helps here. It does dry my tongue out so I just make sure I have a little bit of spital (mouth juice :p ) to swirl on my tongue while puffing.

And last night the hits were identical in size to those on Vtacs Vid. :cheers: for consistancy ... And that wasn't even blowing out into a sunlight stream :cool:

vaporcloud,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Vaporcloud, I put it over the tubing, like putting on a sock.

Tom, the extra tubing and attaching it to a water filter is a bit cumbersome but fun to break up the routine. I honestly think I can taste the herb a little better with a short (3-5 inches) piece of silicone tubing. I think the vapor cools just enough so it doesn't feel just like hot air passing over your tongue. If someone can help me find the link to the thread that shows you how to post pictures I can show you how the contraption looks like

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I think this turned out pretty sweet. In this picture I am using the clear tubing but I have since switched to the silicone.

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Righteous. :cool:

Is that bubbler from 7th floor?

Hey guys, Tom gave me permission to share the pictures he took for me.

My baby in creation! She's on her way. Mine is the that is the bottom left, in the 2nd picture IIRC;

So awesome seeing this thing actually being made, before my eyes, for me. Friggin cool, huh?

SpiralArchitect,
Top Bottom