• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I've actually been using the PD with the little Pinnacle water tube the last few days and it's been cranking out some pretty nice blasts.

it's funny though, just after that post I made before, now the PD doesn't seem to be getting as hot. I've been using the Solo pretty much exclusively for a while now, but decided to bust out the PD again last week because I felt like the Solo has been ripping thru herb too fast.

Anyway, now I remember how the heat levels would fluctuate for me with my PD. Was going back and forth between the UD and Nano (the Hi still has that waiting list to get one I'm assuming ?)

...I'm sure they're both good vapes, but I just pulled the plug on a maple burl nano and a 14mm gong (I do have water tools and the 14/18 adapter, btw)

How does the bowl size of the Nano compare with the UD ? I'm sure everything is pretty much bigger than the PD though.
You can use PD stems with the UD or all glass direct draw. The glass roasting tubes for both the UD and Nano are adjustable so you can pretty much make them whatever size.

Drops

Vaporist
I've got some suggested improvements to the body when you make it.. if you're interested. :cool:

Between you, Madcap and myself I think you'll be up and running again in no time!

Looks like project is delayed, the wood is REALLY dry and most of it cracked. Good for the fire-pit, but bad to make a new housing with. :(

Maybe I will check the hardware store see if I can find something there not treated.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Looks like project is delayed, the wood is REALLY dry and most of it cracked. Good for the fire-pit, but bad to make a new housing with. :(

Maybe I will check the hardware store see if I can find something there not treated.

Doh! That sucks but on the bright side I suspect you should be able to find a suitable piece of wood pretty easily. Not sure where you're at specifically but there should be hardwood lumber places locally and/or places to order online as well. Something like Rockler/Woodcraft (I think they have at least 1 of those up there?) but those will be overpriced and the wood possibly green (ie, wet) so investigate before you buy.

You also might look at craigslist (or equivalent) in your local area... :2c:

Drops

Vaporist
Doh! That sucks but on the bright side I suspect you should be able to find a suitable piece of wood pretty easily. Not sure where you're at specifically but there should be hardwood lumber places locally and/or places to order online as well. Something like Rockler/Woodcraft (I think they have at least 1 of those up there?) but those will be overpriced and the wood possibly green (ie, wet) so investigate before you buy.

You also might look at craigslist (or equivalent) in your local area... :2c:
Thanks, I do have a lot of places.
I am not really THAT far north.. I am in the US north of Detroit. South of Detroit is Windsor Canada. If I run south to the border I am in Canada. In case you thought I was in Canada or Alaska or something. :)

420Birth

Vaporist - Member #420
Still using my PD from 2009, but this week the heating core has dropped some more, so it wobbles around much more. The unit has actually gone cold on me a few times. I'm up to 3 retaining clips now, is there a max? I think I have one more laying around, but it may be time to consider a replacement. I'd want another simple log type, so it looks like an UD may be a good choice. Trying to read through this site and find the differences, good and bad, between the two.

I think my favorite thing about the PD is that I use it once daily, a stem can last two days, and I can make an 1/8th last a solid 6 months. I'd like to maintain that efficiency.

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Still using my PD from 2009, but this week the heating core has dropped some more, so it wobbles around much more. The unit has actually gone cold on me a few times. I'm up to 3 retaining clips now, is there a max? I think I have one more laying around, but it may be time to consider a replacement. I'd want another simple log type, so it looks like an UD may be a good choice. Trying to read through this site and find the differences, good and bad, between the two.

I think my favorite thing about the PD is that I use it once daily, a stem can last two days, and I can make an 1/8th last a solid 6 months. I'd like to maintain that efficiency.

There's no max to how many clips you can use but as it settles lower and lower it'll compact the wires more and more and eventually lead to a broken or shorted one. Twisting/rotating will cause the same but faster (just a heads-up). :2c:

rsjrv99

So just want to stop in again. It's been about 8 years since I got my PD - still works although I don't use it as often as many of you and it doesnt move much. It's fun to have, and the whole story behind Purple Days with Tom and Pam is really wonderful. Thanks again for all the memories!

YLkvZWA.jpg

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
Does anyone still use their Purple Days? It’s my daily driver to this day. Easily the richest, most dense, flavorful clouds I’ve ever gotten out of a vaporizer. It’s too bad Tom and Pammy closed shop and they are no longer being lovingly made...

OF

Does anyone still use their Purple Days? It’s my daily driver to this day. Easily the richest, most dense, flavorful clouds I’ve ever gotten out of a vaporizer. It’s too bad Tom and Pammy closed shop and they are no longer being lovingly made...

I use mine from time to time, but not in the last six months or so. I set it up and use it until I go back to Solo, Vapman, F2 and other favorites.

Now that you've planted the seed, I'll probably dig it out soon. FWIW I like to set it up in the garden and run it on a battery pack. Since they are no more, I tend to use it sparingly and not leave it on '24/7'. I guess there are other 'stem vapes', but I too feel an attachment to PD.

OF

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
I think there's quiet a few people out there still using them on the regular based on how many we've rebuilt for people over the years. :2c:

underdog, you guys make some amazing log vapes and will definitely be my next one for sure! That, and the Heat Island. So you guys can recreate the original Purple Days wood housing with the PD stamp and all if mine were to get damaged, or basically make a PD clone? That would be so awesome.

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
underdog, you guys make some amazing log vapes and will definitely be my next one for sure! That, and the Heat Island. So you guys can recreate the original Purple Days wood housing with the PD stamp and all if mine were to get damaged, or basically make a PD clone? That would be so awesome.

Thanks man, we're here whenever you're ready for a Dog. :cheers:

As far as PD rebuilds go we can do them as 'stock' as possible with original style body shape and finish with resistor heating elements to souped up ones with fancier bodies, welded together cores and SS Underdog heaters installed. We can't/won't/don't reproduce Tom's PD logo though, that was his trademark and artist maker-mark so we don't feel it's cool to copy.

underdog

Manufacturer
Way to be real, @underdog !
Much respect to you.

Thanks Vito, right back atcha!

Yes, sir. I second that! Didn’t really think that one through when I popped the question, my apologies! Wouldn’t want to tarnish their legacy in any way. :)

:cheers: No need to apologise man and I hope you didn't feel my response was negative or directed badly towards you, certainly wasn't intended to be like that. We try and do our own thing while simultaneously supporting other artists in the industry.. hard line to walk sometimes. ☮️

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
Thanks Vito, right back atcha!

:cheers: No need to apologise man and I hope you didn't feel my response was negative or directed badly towards you, certainly wasn't intended to be like that. We try and do our own thing while simultaneously supporting other artists in the industry.. hard line to walk sometimes. ☮️

Not at all, underdog! It didn’t come across that way, no worries! Makes perfect sense, though, and I should have thought about it is all. Sometimes, I’m just hard on myself. :)

Top Bottom