Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

KooKunLa

no no herb.
my main worry is that the PD might show up on the screen as an unusual looking item and they might want to take a closer look.. and then start asking questions and then.....javascript:insert_text(':o',%20'');

KooKunLa,

elhoel

KooKunLa said:
This is my first post. I did my research and settled on a PD about a year ago.
I particularly like using the spent herb to bake cookies. Wow! what a knockout.
It's a nice bonus to an already uplifting experience

I need advice on whether I should travel with my PD - as in airport security, customs
and those yappy little dogs scrambling over everything.

We are talking about international travel btw.
wait so it works well to bake with the stuff afterwards?

very nice tidbit there lol

elhoel,

t00fatt

Well after spending the past 10 hours studying for finals, I felt the urge for a vapor break. I reached over to grab my PD, and she was cold as stone. I was in shock for a few moments, just sat there staring at it asking why?? I reached over and touched the wall wart, it was warm and I felt a bit of relief. got the multi-meter out and found the tip was in fact shorting out at the strain relief. Man and I have made a conscious effort since day one to be real gentle and apply no stress to the plug. Well after 6 months it still shorted out, and I think a badly designed stress relief is to blame. Now I'm stuck using a RS plug with no strain relief, I hope the bit of heatshrink I used as a strain relief will help. Man now I'm worried about it shorting out at the transformer, that would REALLY blow. :uhoh:

t00fatt,

Purple-Days

What you have is a break in continuity, not a short. A short, where the two wires are in contact will cause harm to a wall power supply, but a broken wire is like a switch in the off position, it won't cause a problem. Stress relief is intended to help but it's not indestructable. Wire bends back and forth and eventually metal fatigue can break the copper wires (it is multi stranded).

Purple-Days,

t00fatt

Well the reason I thought it was a short, was because I was using an old backup multimeter I keep in the bedroom, and I had set it to continuity check, and not an OHM range. And when moving the plug around I either got no continuity, or 1ohm, and with this multimeter touching the probes together gives me a reading of 1ohm. After fixing the plug I found the transformer coil was only a load of 1.6ohms, so I wasn't seeing a short. This multimeter is real old, the first digital one I ever owned actually. And I know a short would have burnt up the coil inside the transformer, hence my relief that it was still warm. And it is good quality wire with very fine strands, which makes it more fragile but less resistive. Maybe I will replace the last foot or so of wire with a slightly higher gauge wire. Should be less prone to breaking from repeated bending. Thanks for the input though Tom, its good to know the stress relief won't break and let the wires actually short.

t00fatt,

Purple-Days

Pretty funny to see someone, sitting at a computer, who can't use Google. :rolleyes: Making claims that Polypropylene is linked to Bisphenol. :lol: Of course it's not true, but if you say you saw it (but now can't find it :lol: ), or your Grandpa told you, it's a fact. :rolleyes: What a joke. I can't find it now... sure...

Preferable Plastics

You can identify better plastics by the recycling code numbers stamped in them. Look for reusable bottles made of:
#2 (HDPE, high-density polyethylene, the most widely recyclable)
#4 (LDPE, low-density polyethylene) or
#5 (PP, polypropylene).
These plastics have not been found to release BPA or phthalates.

http://greenerpenny.blogspot.com/2007/08/bye-bye-bpa.html

Purple-Days,

lwien

^^ lol. Yeah, I saw that post in another thread. He brought this up 6 months ago too. Was gonna comment here, but ya beat me too it. ;)

lwien,

collegerower

Purple-Days said:
Pretty funny to see someone, sitting at a computer, who can't use Google. :rolleyes: Making claims that Polypropylene is linked to Bisphenol. :lol: Of course it's not true, but if you say you saw it (but now can't find it :lol: ), or your Grandpa told you, it's a fact. :rolleyes: What a joke. I can't find it now... sure...
Tom,

I understand that the original poster might have been way off in his accusations, but I don't understand why you need to insult them in your defense. I know you do your homework on your products/components, and is a major priority for you and your company. However I feel that sometimes you insult people unnecessarily in the defense of your products.

collegerower,

lwien

collegerower said:
Purple-Days said:
Tom,

I understand that the original poster might have been way off in his accusations, but I don't understand why you need to insult them in your defense. I know you do your homework on your products/components, and is a major priority for you and your company. However I feel that sometimes you insult people unnecessarily in the defense of your products.
Maybe because it was posted in a competing vapes thread and was just a repeat from the same poster about the same accusation 6 months ago?

I'm sure that if the question was posted here as a legitimate inquiry, the response would have been quite different.

lwien,

t00fatt

I don't see how Tom's post was in any way insulting. He only expressed a frustrated tone, which is quite understandable. I also find it very frustrating when people post false findings as gospel, when they themselves may not have a firm grasp of what they are talking about. Had the person expressed his opinion AS an opinion then there wouldn't be any issue at all.

t00fatt,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Purple-Days said:
Wow I have something like you are speaking of to cover the un-used 2.1mm plugs on my daisy chain power supply. Too small but I get the idea. It would need to bee a flat bottomed hole and suction from removal might interfere with a form fitting cup design. Maybe a cig case style of the proper length so the ends were covered flush, holding several loaded tubes, I can see that. ;)

OK here is some ghetto.

You know the blue masking tape? Tear off a 1" piece, place it gum to gum on the middle of a three inch piece, sorta like a band-aid. Now you have a no stick surface against the load and tape it shut with the rest. Load and go. I need a bandollera (bandoleer???)... Ayeeee!!!

God, I love Mexican cantina? music.
I think a 100 mm sized cigarette case might do the trick - something like this.

top100mmcase.jpg

jeffp,

collegerower

t00fatt said:
I don't see how Tom's post was in any way insulting. He only expressed a frustrated tone, which is quite understandable. I also find it very frustrating when people post false findings as gospel, when they themselves may not have a firm grasp of what they are talking about. Had the person expressed his opinion AS an opinion then there wouldn't be any issue at all.
I can totally agree that it gets tiring to hear people preach supposed facts that are way off. Most of all about a product you have worked as hard on as I am sure Tom has.

I guess its a matter of opinion then. You say Frustrated tone, I would say passively insulting. :2c:

collegerower,

nilo

This is URGENT! I have finally recieved my PD :)

I am heating it up right now and I have sucked through my 'tobacco' through the tube. I don't know how to keep the 'tobacco' in there, so please help. And it should stay in there nice and tight before I stick it into the PD unit, correct?

nilo,

lwien

nilo said:
This is URGENT! I have finally recieved my PD :)
Congratz !!

nilo said:
I am heating it up right now and I have sucked through my 'tobacco' through the tube. I don't know how to keep the 'tobacco' in there, so please help.
Fuck. There should be a screen in there, unless maybe, you're sucking on the wrong end of the stem....... :cool:

nilo said:
And it should stay in there nice and tight before I stick it into the PD unit, correct?
Yeah, pretty tight, unless it's ground really, really fine, and it's dry..........then a few crumbs may fall out.

lwien,

nilo

thanks lwien,

I am sucking the crumbs through the white part but the crumbs fall out of the silver part. If I stick it in the unit like this the crumbs will fall into the unit, and this couldn't be a good thing I suppose.

nilo,

lwien

nilo said:
thanks lwien,

I am sucking the crumbs through the white part but the crumbs fall out of the silver part. If I stick it in the unit like this the crumbs will fall into the unit, and this couldn't be a good thing I suppose.
Sounds like you're missing a screen. Look in there. You should see a screen. If it doesn't have a screen, use one of the other tubes that do, assuming of course, that at least, one does. :/
Then...............email Tom.

lwien,

nilo

So lwien,

So you are saying I can drop the grinded crumbs into the white part of the tube and it will stay there. I puff hard so I may be able to inhale the crumbs. Not sure if I am making myself clear. I have to to say that was 1 damn good high.

lwien said:
nilo said:
thanks lwien,

Sounds like you're missing a screen. Look in there. You should see a screen. If it doesn't have a screen, use one of the other tubes that do, assuming of course, that at least, one does. :/
Then...............email Tom.

nilo,

Purple-Days

Nilo, go to our FAQ page, http://purple-days.com/FAQ.html
scroll down to "Can I load it wrong". Look at the picture.
Take a pinch of material and stick it in that end, fill the 'bowl' then lightly tamp with your fingertip. turn the 'bowl' over. Does any fall out? No? then it won't fall out. Yes? then you have not loaded enough into the bowl. 'Tobacco' is sorta sticky and once hot air hits it it is frozen in place till it is spent and you can blow it out.

Here is the page from our instruction booklet.
2128xh1.jpg

Purple-Days,

coolpepp

I got my pd a week ago and I am still trying to figure out how to hit it correctly. Sometimes I get huge hits and other times I get nothing. I have been wasting a lot a herb will unsatisfactory results. I know It can work well. Other people say its really easy and it works every time but not for me. Some times I get nothing on the first hit and get something on the next couple of hits. How does everyone achieve consistent quality hits?

coolpepp,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
Hi Coolpepp and welcome to the forum. :) Send us an email and we'll try and talk you through it and see if we can figure out what's going on.

Have a good one!

Pammy-Days,

nilo

Thanks for the help, I was worried about quite a bit falling out into the unit. I thought the PD would allow me to vape the tiniest of amounts if I wanted to but I guess I gotta pack quite a bit in.

Purple-Days said:
Nilo, go to our FAQ page, http://purple-days.com/FAQ.html
scroll down to "Can I load it wrong". Look at the picture.
Take a pinch of material and stick it in that end, fill the 'bowl' then lightly tamp with your fingertip. turn the 'bowl' over. Does any fall out? No? then it won't fall out. Yes? then you have not loaded enough into the bowl. 'Tobacco' is sorta sticky and once hot air hits it it is frozen in place till it is spent and you can blow it out.

Here is the page from our instruction booklet.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2128xh1.jpg

nilo,

Purple-Days

If you want to do tiny amounts say, half a load. suck that much up , but be sure to use gravity to your advantage, don't turn it over and let it fall out, , hold at a slight upward angle, apply heat to tube with the PD slightly above the load. Once heat hits it it will 'freeze' in place and you can tilt it to a more normal soda straw level.

Purple-Days,

nilo

I had not even thought about lifting the PD and tilting it. Boom, problem solved :)

Thanks

Purple-Days said:
If you want to do tiny amounts say, half a load. suck that much up , but be sure to use gravity to your advantage, don't turn it over and let it fall out, , hold at a slight upward angle, apply heat to tube with the PD slightly above the load. Once heat hits it it will 'freeze' in place and you can tilt it to a more normal soda straw level.

nilo,

Flyer

small loads are easily done by just tamping it a touch with a heavy tooth pic or something

Flyer,
Top Bottom