Puffco Peak

biohacker

Nice one! How much did that beauty cost you?

You won't use the qomo often, I think :lol:

Only $280+tax! Think I might pick up the older black for $250 today! Just not sure, because the extra $30 might be worth it just for the lightning, and the v3 atty.

QOMO lands this afternoon! If it can even output 1/2 of the Peak, I think I should be good with it. Maybe not! lol

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey Guys! long time. Just checking in, about to start playing with the Duo, Core, and Qomo. But the Peak and Switch get the most love from me (and of course the Liger) even though the Carta and Versa were fun. Are there any other new E-rigs on the horizon I may have missed? I am a big fan of upgrading to SIC or AIN. Whether you get mine or someone else's it's worth the upgrade.

mrbonsai420,

biohacker

Are there any other new E-rigs on the horizon I may have missed?

Gnome34

Is there a more active forum for OG peak users? I got a decent deal on one yesterday and plan to upgrade quite a few parts. Some folks off Reddit are helping guide me but I would love more input.

I like the stock peak just fine. It is not as good as the Ispire Daab by any stretch but still fun. Love how small it is, feels great in the hands.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Is there a more active forum for OG peak users? I got a decent deal on one yesterday and plan to upgrade quite a few parts. Some folks off Reddit are helping guide me but I would love more input.

I like the stock peak just fine. It is not as good as the Ispire Daab by any stretch but still fun. Love how small it is, feels great in the hands.
Discord or Facebook seems to be the most active places I have found!

lazylathe,
Reactions: Gnome34

LesPlenty

Company Rep
From what I could see in the video, the New Peak does not have the thermocouple so is just estimating temps like the OG Peak and most other cheaper e-rigs.

florduh

From what I could see in the video, the New Peak does not have the thermocouple so is just estimating temps like the OG Peak and most other cheaper e-rigs.

Seeing the bottom of the atomizer makes me think this is true. But Puffco is claiming the temp control should be more advanced than the OG Peak:

zMI1G8jKMrx4.png

florduh

Does the Proxy have a thermocouple?
Good question. It definitely seems to do better TC than the OG Peak. My guess is it uses TCR based temp control like the Divine Tribe stuff but I don't know.

I’d imagine the new Peak 3D chamber is a bit larger than the Proxy chamber, but not sure if that’s been confirmed.

The New Peak bucket is in between the Pro and Proxy's size. Can't use the 3dxl on the New Peak though.

I think the New Peak is a little smaller than the Pro which is interesting to me.

florduh

New model release has me drawing up some new Peak attachments :science:

The new model release ads made me interested in possibly replacing/supplementing my Proxy with a Peak and dry top combo.

Maybe they were just using models with big hands, but it looked pretty small. Have to bring the proxy in a bag anyway and a goofy looking vape contraption is arguably more discrete than a pipe :shrug:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The new model release ads made me interested in possibly replacing/supplementing my Proxy with a Peak and dry top combo.

Maybe they were just using models with big hands, but it looked pretty small. Have to bring the proxy in a bag anyway and a goofy looking vape contraption is arguably more discrete than a pipe :shrug:

Dry tops for sure on the drawing board. Just not sure to go simple or complex with the cooling.

I wanted to release one like three years ago for the Peak, but the dab community was not into dry vaping at all, I remember the mocking when it was suggested; but now things have changed and there might be an opportunity to show off some new ideas.

florduh

I wanted to release one like three years ago for the Peak, but the dab community was not into dry vaping at all, I remember the mocking when it was suggested; but now things have changed and there might be an opportunity to show off some new ideas.

The vibe shift is definitely real. I think Puffco is responsible for a lot of it with the Proxy release. Or maybe high quality solventless is becoming more available and people really want to taste what they're paying for?

Either way, as a longtime Dry Boy I'm happy to see the shift!

jbm

I’m thinking of buying one. I don’t need the portability of the Proxy and I’m not experienced enough with dabs to buy a Peak Pro. I like that it’ll fit aftermarket Peak glassware. I tend toward smaller dosing anyway, so I’m not sure I need the 3DXL. Plus if I get deeper into it I can buy a Pro later. The price point is extremely tempting, plus I like the blue.

Piecho

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I’m not experienced enough with dabs to buy a Peak Pro.
One of the best things about the Pro is you do not have to think, the thermocouple looks after everything, you do not have to worry about anything but enjoying vapor, no chance of scorching etc, just keep puffing and re-firing until you get no vapor. No waste using it this way and no burnt taste to worry about.
I tend toward smaller dosing anyway, so I’m not sure I need the 3DXL
Another great benefit of the 3DXL's extra tall walls is no splashes getting into the vapor path that can happen on the standard bowl if you puff too hard, it is not just better at large blobs.

jbm

One of the best things about the Pro is you do not have to think, the thermocouple looks after everything, you do not have to worry about anything but enjoying vapor, no chance of scorching etc, just keep puffing and re-firing until you get no vapor. No waste using it this way and no burnt taste to worry about.

Another great benefit of the 3DXL's extra tall walls is no splashes getting into the vapor path that can happen on the standard bowl if you puff too hard, it is not just better at large blobs.
Yeah, after thinking about it, doing some reading, and having seen that Reddit post, I went for the Flourish v2 Pro and 3DXL bundle from @VGOODIEZ Zee was slightly cheaper, but I buy from VGZ whenever possible.

Madtater

I will be honest. I was a bit disappointed to see the “new” peak.

They said in one of the “hash talks” that there was something “new and exciting” coming. I wouldnt term the most recent peak as either of those.

I get having a low end refresh for the peak, but it was disappointing to see that is what they were talking about after the hype they pushed.

ChooChooCharlie

For Peak users -- small, dry, portable:

yeti-dabs-peak-dry-intercoolers.jpg

He calls the vapor path an "intercooler." Interesting design, very compact

Local San Diego artist, instagram name yeti_dabs. Frequent Instagram auctions, start at $50, usually end in 60-70 range

Last edited:
Top Bottom