• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Puffco Peak

biohacker

Dude that's so sick! I've been watching pretty much any youtube vid I can find and with your feedback now i'm more stoked than ever! I've also been watching those dr dabber switch vids and just can't seem to get over the size/form, using tweezers, etc. I don't think the battery life will allow it to replace my e-nail, but for portability this is going to be a nice change up to my boring distillate/oil carts and pens! Seems super user friendly to introduce to people as well.... had a fun time watching Bubbleman the past 4/20 introducing it to everyone!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Dude that's so sick! I've been watching pretty much any youtube vid I can find and with your feedback now i'm more stoked than ever! I've also been watching those dr dabber switch vids and just can't seem to get over the size/form, using tweezers, etc. I don't think the battery life will allow it to replace my e-nail, but for portability this is going to be a nice change up to my boring distillate/oil carts and pens! Seems super user friendly to introduce to people as well.... had a fun time watching Bubbleman the past 4/20 introducing it to everyone!

I Always plug my peak into a charger when im not using it, or at least try to. Either in my house or car charger while driving. Once you make that a routine battery life really isnt an issue. Havent had my battery die on me in a while.

On a side note, my peak base did die last week. I had it sitting in my car and i came back after about 3 hours and when i got in it smelled
like burnt electronics. it seems like it was cycling through heating without anyone pressing the button because the ceramic dish was brand new white and the top part was brown and burnt and when i took the dish out the entire inside of my atomizer was black.

SMODomite

I Always plug my peak into a charger when im not using it, or at least try to. Either in my house or car charger while driving. Once you make that a routine battery life really isnt an issue. Havent had my battery die on me in a while.

On a side note, my peak base did die last week. I had it sitting in my car and i came back after about 3 hours and when i got in it smelled
like burnt electronics. it seems like it was cycling through heating without anyone pressing the button because the ceramic dish was brand new white and the top part was brown and burnt and when i took the dish out the entire inside of my atomizer was black.

How hot out was it when that happened...Good to know, do not keep in car unattended.

SMODomite,

Danksta

Finally got to hit a Peak for the first time today!

Probably gonna have to get one.

It's everything my e-nail isn't... the cordless freedom would be perfect for balcony or couch dabs. It really allows you to dab in a chill way, without the hassle of a torch or the tethering of a plugin.

I leave my enail on all day so heat up time isn't something I'm really used to. It seemed fine though, better than a torch and simple to operate.

Not crazy about the stock carb cap, would probably want a bubble cap. Loved the size, not much bigger than my daily driver mini tube.

Pretty tempted to grab one with an opaque quartz insert!

Awesome! Glad you got to try one and liked it. :D

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Went a week without the peak waiting for a replacement. Used My Enail for the first time in a while it just doesnt do it for me anymore. Use the enail with the SiC dish set around 650. 1 hit off the peak got me higher than my enail did the entire week and it tasted better.
47_E00284-_F8_ED-42_BB-8293-_E56385676_BC7.jpg

biohacker

Used My Enail for the first time in a while it just doesnt do it for me anymore. Use the enail with the SiC dish set around 650. 1 hit off the peak got me higher than my enail did the entire week and it tasted better.

Incredible how varied our experiences are.... as I quit vaping flowers over 6 months ago and switched exclusively to dabbing off a SiC halo. I received my Peak a couple of days ago and all i'm going to say is that I can't wait to sell this overpriced POS! Wouldn't waste another crumb of my precious on it again.

And I don't know what controller you're using but 650 is WAY too HOT for a SiC dish unless you're using an insert or some tech i'm not familiar with. I know PID temp is somewhat irrelevant vs dish temp, but that just stands out high.

SMODomite

Incredible how varied our experiences are.... as I quit vaping flowers over 6 months ago and switched exclusively to dabbing off a SiC halo. I received my Peak a couple of days ago and all i'm going to say is that I can't wait to sell this overpriced POS! Wouldn't waste another crumb of my precious on it again.

And I don't know what controller you're using but 650 is WAY too HOT for a SiC dish unless you're using an insert or some tech i'm not familiar with. I know PID temp is somewhat irrelevant vs dish temp, but that just stands out high.

Sorry to hear you aren't liking the peak...I have switched to using it for about 50% of my dabs and find myself getting just as stoned as when I use my quartz banger/insert...Usually if my fiance is taking a dab at the time I will load up the peak and take a quick dab and so far all my hits have been pretty nice, I just notice more of a puddle on each hit than in my banger so find myself using sesh mode pretty much every hit

SMODomite,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

I just notice more of a puddle on each hit than in my banger so find myself using sesh mode pretty much every hit

^^^This... ceramic sucks, way too much pooling and gross taste after the first 2 hits IME. Just maintaining it is a nightmare vs my SiC halo. It's all good, it's a great little device for those than can appreciate it but it's definitely not for me.

SMODomite

^^^This... ceramic sucks, way too much pooling and gross taste after the first 2 hits IME. Just maintaining it is a nightmare vs my SiC halo. It's all good, it's a great little device for those than can appreciate it but it's definitely not for me.

Word, definitely understandable, and yeah I am not the biggest fan of ceramic either but the peak will definitely have its place in my lineup, mainly for travel though when I visit the shore house, hotels etc...After the first month or two I am sure I will mainly still use my banger/quartz insert combo...The other use for my peak I hadn't thought of is Sunday football. Just sat on my bed with my peak and a little container of concentrate and a few q tips and just periodically through a dab in and took it without needing to leave my bed lol

SMODomite,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

I dont know the exact temp of the dish, But at 650 on the SiC I get decent sized hits, wipe up big puddles and taste is compareable to a low temp dab off the quartz.

Just doesnt compare to the peak at least for me.

Also, Ive Been using the same ceramic dish since march im not sure if they changed materials or manufacturers since then but maintaining it hasnt been an issue for me . Qtip it after every dab and torch it clean every now and then.

Mynameismud,

Justpassedu

The key is to find the perfect dab size so you get no pooling as well as a good temp for your concentrate as they all melt differently at different temps. I know you already know this & While agree the peak is to expensive for what it is. I have had 0 issues with keeping it clean. A quick q tip after every dab and the dish stays close to perfect. It is a different experience than dabbing off a Sic dish but for something quick it works well and has saved me some concentrate also as I don't need as much. I have purchased some cheap dh quartz drop ins and did not like them , the ceramic has been treating me good and taste has always been on point using them . I never got a bad taste.

Justpassedu,

SMODomite

The key is to find the perfect dab size so you get no pooling as well as a good temp for your concentrate as they all melt differently at different temps. I know you already know this & While agree the peak is to expensive for what it is. I have had 0 issues with keeping it clean. A quick q tip after every dab and the dish stays close to perfect. It is a different experience than dabbing off a Sic dish but for something quick it works well and has saved me some concentrate also as I don't need as much. I have purchased some cheap dh quartz drop ins and did not like them , the ceramic has been treating me good and taste has always been on point using them . I never got a bad taste.

I need to maybe try the white setting I guess on my peak, I feel like the dabs I am doing aren't very big - .05 to .1 max but always a decent pool in the bottom of my ceramic cup so I always hit sesh mode, and there is still a puddle after that, juts a darker one, I am just worried about using it on the white setting regularly and burning the atomizer out quick...Concentrates I am using is mainly sauce with some small diamonds

biohacker

I feel like the dabs I am doing aren't very big - .05 to .1 max but always a decent pool in the bottom of my ceramic cup

Those are pretty big dabs IMO! Especially for the Peak... I think I was at around .03 and still getting pooling, burning, etc. depending on temp setting and good wispy taste for the first hit (barely vapour) and then progressively shittier tasting hits. Just an all around garbage experience regardless of temp vs my SiC nail. Can't believe you're putting your precious sauce diamonds in it!

biohacker,
Reactions: SMODomite

SMODomite

Those are pretty big dabs IMO! Especially for the Peak... I think I was at around .03 and still getting pooling, burning, etc. depending on temp setting and good wispy taste for the first hit (barely vapour) and then progressively shittier tasting hits. Just an all around garbage experience regardless of temp vs my SiC nail. Can't believe you're putting your precious sauce diamonds in it!

Gotcha, yeah to me those aren't too big just my usual dab size, guess I will have to tone it down a bit with the peak...And yeah sauce/diamonds is pretty much all I can get in my area until my state starts allowing more concentrates under the med program, but I have still been getting some pretty good flavor with my peak (although it has probably seen under 20 dabs so far), not much different than my quartz insert so I am used to that first wispy tasty hit and then the more vapor, less tasty hits after that so that wasn't a big change for me.

SMODomite,

Eatrocks

Is the peak worth it? I know it's basically a battery/atomizer setup.. Im the kinda solo dabber that takes a hit and chills for at least an hour before another. Is the max temp on the peak enough to get a nice hot hit out of? I can get a peak for about 230 cause I work in a headshop. I hate ceramic so the quartz dish would be a must.

Eatrocks,

Danksta

Is the peak worth it? I know it's basically a battery/atomizer setup.. Im the kinda solo dabber that takes a hit and chills for at least an hour before another. Is the max temp on the peak enough to get a nice hot hit out of? I can get a peak for about 230 cause I work in a headshop. I hate ceramic so the quartz dish would be a must.

For $230 I'd scoop one up myself.

If I'm paying retail I'll wait for the Peak 2.

The ceramic seems to be better than the quartz for some. It tastes great to me. :D

Now that I saw your sig I must watch Clerks tonight. BERSERKER! :rockon:

Danksta,

Eatrocks

For $230 I'd scoop one up myself.

If I'm paying retail I'll wait for the Peak 2.

The ceramic seems to be better than the quartz for some. It tastes great to me. :D

Now that I saw your sig I must watch Clerks tonight. BERSERKER! :rockon:

Yea, just need to sell my mighty to justify it. I'm looking at the eternal thin quartz dish for hot pure hits.

The peak 2 is confirmed? I just saw this has no auto shut off...hmmm

WUD U LIKE TO SMOKE SOME POT BERSERKERRRRRR

Eatrocks,
Reactions: Danksta

Danksta

Yea, just need to sell my mighty to justify it. I'm looking at the eternal thin quartz dish for hot pure hits.

The peak 2 is confirmed? I just saw this has no auto shut off...hmmm

WUD U LIKE TO SMOKE SOME POT BERSERKERRRRRR

Not confirmed, but since the current unit has some issues, I'm sure it's coming eventually...

Danksta,

weenstoned

I mean I am sure it will come out eventually but the first version has barely been out 6 months. Unlikely that a new one comes out before a year has elapsed unless maybe some credible competition comes out

weenstoned,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

The Peak kicks ass as a portable device, but would it replace my enail with Liger, Fuck no! That's laughable, BUT it is the best portable I have found for concentrates and it keeps me from keeping my torch, banger, rig, butane, et in the car. Hell, I'm a little bit too bold for living in a non-legal state. I have been known to carry my 16mm Liger and Peli-enail in my car!!! My friends and family worried about me doing that for obvious reasons. :doh: I use my Peak every single day now...until I get home then it goes on the charger. Then I turn on my enail to 530 with a beautiful Liger and Sapphire or Obsidian insert with a little ruby terp pearl. Hard to beat that setup with a battery.

So long story short, the Peak wasn't ever supposed to REPLACE your SiC halo, it was meant to give you close to that experience on the road with no cords. Is it perfect, no. But this isn't a home unit so comparing it to a Halo or Liger is unfair. The only things in it's class are the Switch, and maybe a few good pen atomizers that came close but didn't compete.

Oh, and get some quartz cups for real. The 14x14mm here will work, as will the actual Peak cups below. And play with some different carb caps, I found several small bubble caps that work as good or better than the stock cap. @spacewalkglass makes the best caps though.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjQs0QuFurL/?taken-by=spacewalkglass

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2018-new-quartz-insert-bowls-phat-drop-skillet/411174918.html

https://www.dhgate.com/product/the-...l-for/412487942.html#s1-0-1b;searl|2882262449

Last edited:
mrbonsai420,
Reactions: anasrzi
Top Bottom