Puffco Peak

bmore

Personally I don't think $375 is a bad price for the Peak. If you put together a complete dab set up with everything you need the cost is not a huge increase.

I know the glass I was using for my old rig was a $180 recycler. Then add on the other things you need and it gets up there quick.

bmore,
Reactions: slcbdco

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
how do you guys clean this thing?
I do not have one, however there is not much too it. The glass can be removed and cleaned just like any rig, whatever your preferred method is. The atomizer can be removed and disassembled. The atomizer consist of 4 pieces- the metal base, the ceramic plate, the ceramic cup and the rataining ring for the cup. The cup can be completely removed and soaked or torched even. I am not sure about the metal base or the retaining ring for the atomizer, however I would think these items could be rinsed/soaked in ISO.

nosmoking,

bmore

4ErLFRD.jpg

Vitolo

Vaporist
The design is nice, aesthetically.
I do not enjoy using water filtration, but am interested in this tool ( One is on it's way here)
I use water when a device demands it and will not function without it.
Out of curiosity... as my unit arrives in a short time....
Has anyone here used the unit dry (without water)?
??
It obviously won't be a decision making piece of feedback, as it is coming.
This is a preparatory question to learn if any of you fans of this tool have attempted using tool dry.

stonedhammer

The design is nice, aesthetically.
I do not enjoy using water filtration, but am interested in this tool ( One is on it's way here)
I use water when a device demands it and will not function without it.
Out of curiosity... as my unit arrives in a short time....

??
It obviously won't be a decision making piece of feedback, as it is coming.
This is a preparatory question to learn if any of you fans of this tool have attempted using tool dry.
I did once accidentally. It wasn’t too bad honestly. I coughed a bit but nothin crazy.

Piffdexter

Hey new here and i got my peak on monday. Other than having to make sure the glass is lined up with the airpath i have no problems. I have tried budder, diamonds and sauce and the peak handled it all well. I have let 4 people try it so far. 2 never dabbed before. They all loved it. This is a great investment.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I did once accidentally. It wasn’t too bad honestly. I coughed a bit but nothin crazy.
Good to know.
I can take dense hits without issue, but have many reasons I do not like using water.
The main reason I do not like water filtration, is that there is a sizable wad of material that remains behind in the water after a dab using a bubbler.
It is my contention that that matter belongs in my body.
The residues that after a few dozen uses... that remain in the lining of a dry piece of glass can be easily reclaimed with minimal Iso.
Is the device geared to the water being a restrictive tool to make hits go easier ... impedance matching if you will...(accomplished also through breath control skills) or is it simply a convenience for those needing a filtered hit?

tylerj55

So after some testing I don't like Eternal's quartz insert. It is too thin, therefore it gets a lot hotter than the ceramic cup or my Hunibadger cup that I sanded down to fit. I am back to using the Hunibadger cup and I am considering selling the Eternal one.

tylerj55,
Reactions: nosmoking

bmore

So after some testing I don't like Eternal's quartz insert. It is too thin, therefore it gets a lot hotter than the ceramic cup or my Hunibadger cup that I sanded down to fit. I am back to using the Hunibadger cup and I am considering selling the Eternal one.

Thanks for the feedback, I’m considering those inserts.

Glass Pound

I don't know about that. The Puffco Plus pen has been out for a long time and it still has not been copied correctly. The closest attempts are out there, but even they took almost a year or more to come out.

Dabado has been on the puffco and eternal quartz instagrams stating this is a must have! This device should be the biggest competitor for Dabado along with Greenlight and Dr. Dabber, yet he is praising the device. I would think that if Dabado was planning on making a knock off, they would not be praising the sale of thus device so much. Just my opinion tho.

Now Dr. Dabber has something coming out. Perhaps it is similar in that it uses crucibles but I cannot confirm this. Perhaps @stickstones can enlighten us as he is the only one I know of to see or touch the Dr. Dabber Switch. The thread on that device has a picture that says it is coming Spring 2018.

Then there is also the Triton due out this month or next.

I don't know whether the Triton or Switch will be anything similar to the Peak, however I am sure they wont be replicas. Perhaps they will fit the same niche at a lower cost. In fact, this is exactly the reason why I am procrastinating on getting the Peak, however I feel like Dabado is right...MUST HAVE!

What about the hyer Big E.

So I'm trying to decided to own a peak or a hyer Big E. I have use them both and like the big E performance over the peak. Also like to be able to carry extra batteries and replace them all together when they wear out. The peak is more portable especially with its case and heats up faster. Any one on here own both and could give some feed back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glass Pound,

tylerj55

Can't you just turn the temp down on the Peak?
I use it on the lowest temp and it still kills me!

So I'm trying to decided to own a peak or a hyer Big E. I have use them both and like the big E performance over the peak. Also like to be able to carry extra batteries and replace them all together when they wear out. The peak is more portable especially with its case and heats up faster. Any one on here own both and could give some feed back?
I don’t own both, but I saw they have some new bangers coming out for it. They have a core reactor coming which is pretty cool.

Hoosier

I get the feeling that you have tried a few...at this pint, what is the best aftermarket quartz cup that can be purchased? I have a peak coming in this week and would really prefer quartz

Hoosier,

tylerj55

I get the feeling that you have tried a few...at this pint, what is the best aftermarket quartz cup that can be purchased? I have a peak coming in this week and would really prefer quartz
If you have the ability to sand a few of the hunibadger cups down to size I would do that. They don’t fit in there perfectly, but they are cheaper then the eternal ones by a long shot and a decent bit thicker. It heats up more even and stays hot longer. If you can’t do that than I would recommend waiting for cca710’s inserts. In the mean time I recommend getting a 10mm quartz nail atomizer from source and loading concentrates in that and then dropping it in. I have not tried the 13mm ones from source but they may fit too.

tylerj55,

Hoosier

If you have the ability to sand a few of the hunibadger cups down to size I would do that. They don’t fit in there perfectly, but they are cheaper then the eternal ones by a long shot and a decent bit thicker. It heats up more even and stays hot longer. If you can’t do that than I would recommend waiting for cca710’s inserts. In the mean time I recommend getting a 10mm quartz nail atomizer from source and loading concentrates in that and then dropping it in. I have not tried the 13mm ones from source but they may fit too.

Cool. I have the source nail quartz still from the original release a couple of years back.

Are you talking about the hunibadger 1ml jars? How did you sand down, dremil?

Hoosier,

anasrzi

Yeah that’ll work fine, that’s exactly what I use.

I used a belt sander and water(to cool the quartz down) to make them fit, and yeah the 1g ones here: http://www.hunibadger.com/SHOP/HuniPot

Did you get that cool little holder too @tylerj55 the one in the third picture along? The more i look at the peak (once modded a little with quartz etc) the more it "peaks" my attention.

anasrzi,
Reactions: szai

tylerj55

Did you get that cool little holder too @tylerj55 the one in the third picture along? The more i look at the peak (once modded a little with quartz etc) the more it "peaks" my attention.
That little holder is actually a part of the hunibadger. I do have it still though.

tylerj55,
Reactions: anasrzi

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've heard of SIX failures in the group of people I sesh with from these things :suspicious: Consider my interest very much on hold until they work out the bugs. I know thats anecdotal, but it seems like they start out working well and are failing rapidly for the locals who have had them die. I asked around because this is what I've been looking for, but not if it is this unreliable.

aj0125

I've heard of SIX failures in the group of people I sesh with from these things :suspicious: Consider my interest very much on hold until they work out the bugs. I know thats anecdotal, but it seems like they start out working well and are failing rapidly for the locals who have had them die. I asked around because this is what I've been looking for, but not if it is this unreliable.

What is it that is going wrong with the units? Is it the same problem for all six? My buddy has one coming in a few days, I really hope he didn’t just waste his money.

aj0125,

toros23

Seems to always be atomizer issues in my circle of friends that have a Peak. Took me two weeks to get a replacement in the mail, others still waiting for support to get around to responding. I like the peak for what it is (big ass vape pen with torchable bucket and water filtration) but it will never replace my glass and quartz.

Top Bottom