btka

I just got a RiO and didn't get the results I want so the PPP was ONLY $349.99 at CCV haha
so you bought it... why you did not like results of rio? what do you like more on puffo peak pro... CCV sadly do not ship to europe, think it is a good price...

cieje

I've never had a real torch & banger dab. and that is one. for months I've been using a Divine Tribe v4. so it's cold start and low temp dabs. my first few hits with the RiO were not great. and I'm not seasoned so overheated and chazzed the banger. so in order to even use it again I had to wait for Dark Crystal to arrive. and it does clean it and gets rid of the taste, but I'm disabled and I find it difficult to spin the carp cap to get the hits I want. since learning those lessons I actually have gotten some okay rips on it, but my understanding is every hit will be 100% with the PPP

cieje,
Reactions: btka

cieje

and I wanted glass for it so got this $125, and according to people that have it it's impossible to leak unless you were to turn it upside down or something.

cieje,
Reactions: btka

cieje

I'm anxious and waiting for mine. I have a Qi charger, but didn't spend $120 on the dock (I spent $475 on glass and the PPP already). I keep reading contrary things how it somehow pairs to the dock, and knows if it's on it or something, so you need that specific charger for the ready mode to work? it seems to me that it'll work with any Qi charger.

edit I found out the answer. the dock uses magnets, and the ppp has one so enables ready mode when lifted. so a magsafe Qi charger may work

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
we have 2610 cycles on the pro and it looks and performs as like new.
Is this on the one atty? I need a good portable for my homemade rosin and the Switch is a bit big and I don't like butane.
Also, what is the best way for an Aussie to get one?

LesPlenty,

tylerj55

I'm anxious and waiting for mine. I have a Qi charger, but didn't spend $120 on the dock (I spent $475 on glass and the PPP already). I keep reading contrary things how it somehow pairs to the dock, and knows if it's on it or something, so you need that specific charger for the ready mode to work? it seems to me that it'll work with any Qi charger.

edit I found out the answer. the dock uses magnets, and the ppp has one so enables ready mode when lifted. so a magsafe Qi charger may work
I'm sure magsafe will work if it fits on there. I used multiple cheap Qi chargers when I had my Peak Pro.

tylerj55,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Can anyone tell me how long the atty is supposed to last? I am thinking of getting a unit and wonder if I should get a spare atty at the same time.
@LesPlenty, I just jumped into the erig scene also. I don't know what to expect, but I'm waiting on a Core erig to arrive. The Core comes with three different attys and is half the price of the Peak. Reviews seem to give the edge to the Peak, but not by much. Divine Tribe might ship down under, and he offers a 1 year warranty.

Who knows? Good luck!

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: LesPlenty

cieje

Can anyone tell me how long the atty is supposed to last? I am thinking of getting a unit and wonder if I should get a spare atty at the same time.
my understanding is about 2000 dabs with regular maintenance. I didn't order a backup. the entire atomizer is self enclosed so it can be submerged in ISO. so far if it gets any strains, they come out with ISO after 50 dabs. I have a v4, and it's been better imo. but it's different. it definitely seems more efficient (which for me is a blessing in disguise because I have like an ounce of a shatter that I really don't love. it works, but I don't love the terps)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I ordered the last in stock unit available in Australia (that I could find) and tried to download the Puffco Connect App but was told it was not available in my country!
I managed to find and download it here, (I also downloaded the Ghost MV1 app there with no problems, works great)
I will try it as soon as I get my unit.

cleeb

Getting the android app working was a nightmare, but once I was able to customize the temps, vaping powders(isolate, hash etc.) with some vape wool on top worked well. Unfortunately, after the third cleaning of the chamber, it began giving the rainbow error no matter what I did. I'd love to get some custom-fitted metal buckets/bowls/inserts for this unit to avoid having to remove and clean the fragile chamber. I know there are generic buckets available, but if someone knows of an insert specifically for the peak pro chamber, please post it.

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
Had a similar experience where the chamber died after a few cleanings. As you've probably found out, it's not covered by the warranty, and they only can suggest more cleaning and factory-resetting the device. Quoting the message from Puffco support: "Should issues persist, it sounds like you are in need of a replacement chamber and though this is not a part typically covered under warranty, if you follow up with your proof of purchase I would be glad to see what accommodations can be made."

So then you go on to tell them you only used it a handful ot times and hope they'll take pity on you and send you a new one. I was denied.

Seems like this is another vape company banking on you continually buying replacement coils. Considering the cost of the peak pro replacement chambers, that's not a road I plan to go down.

While I'm griping about the peak pro, I might as well mention my other compaint. The max temperature is 327 C/620 F, and considering the cost, you'd think they could get it up to the 400 C/750 F carcinogenic limit. The problem is that the ceramic chamber is hottest at the center, and your wax melts and runs into the edges where it's cooler. The ability to crank it up to a higher temp mitigates this. I wish I had bought a cheaper knockoff like the Kandypens Oura that has higher temperature limits.

fondoobious,

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
Regarding my complaint about the low temperature limit, the site JCVAP has Peak Pro atomizers that underreport the temperature to the main device. Tried to order one for testing, but got denied:

"The order 14973 has been failed: payment fail: High-risk .113001"

So I've still got a 300 dollar paperweight called the peak pro.

fondoobious,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Tried to order one for testing, but got denied:
Good thing as they are for standard peaks, not the pro from my understanding.
When cleaning your problematic atty, did you soak in 100% iso or what?
I heard it is OK to soak the atty o/night in iso so maybe a longer soak may bring it back to life.
I have a Pro on order and the first thing I will look to add to it is a spare atty by the sound of it, I thought this new version was supposed to have fixed that weakness, oh well.

I wonder how long until a SiC bowl atty made by Puffco will appear ( I saw a live feed of Puffco owner that let slip a new surface he was dabbing off but would not say anything about it as it would be released at the end of the year)....I am guessing xmas and the m22 makers will be left wondering why they took so long to perfect.

btka

Good thing as they are for standard peaks, not the pro from my understanding.
When cleaning your problematic atty, did you soak in 100% iso or what?
I heard it is OK to soak the atty o/night in iso so maybe a longer soak may bring it back to life.
I have a Pro on order and the first thing I will look to add to it is a spare atty by the sound of it, I thought this new version was supposed to have fixed that weakness, oh well.

I wonder how long until a SiC bowl atty made by Puffco will appear ( I saw a live feed of Puffco owner that let slip a new surface he was dabbing off but would not say anything about it as it would be released at the end of the year)....I am guessing xmas and the m22 makers will be left wondering why they took so long to perfect.
"The ICA(Insert Changeable Atomzier) Chamber allow us to change your insert withing seconds.Only thing need to do is screw the top part and replace the insert.

Titanium Shell Sensor or Ceramic Shell Sensor?

Ceramic Shell Sensor have close temperature as the puffco official.If you are a newer for dabbing,we suggest the ceramic one.

With titanium shell sensor you will get 100℉ higher than the puffco official ,which will produce huge vapor."

it IS For the Puffco peak pro... IT IS a complete atomizer...

i am also intressted in this... Thought about buying a Peak pro but read that with flower Rosin IT will get dirty and you can Not torch Clean... But If this works good, i will reconsider...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
That trick shown in the link @btka will be a good one to remember. I was a bit worried about my rosin staining too so that Quartz and Ti look promising and I suppose SiC is in the pipeline (I will just use very low temp/pressure rosin when I finally receive mine to try to help keep it clean).

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Auto 10% discount for Memorial Day so I grabbed one...US$63 delivered to Oz after the discount...ready for when/if the release a polished SiC bucket (they already have standard SiC on order as well as AIN and ruby)!

Marko697

Auto 10% discount for Memorial Day so I grabbed one...US$63 delivered to Oz after the discount...ready for when/if the release a polished SiC bucket (they already have standard SiC on order as well as AIN and ruby)!
I’ve had my jcvap chamber for the past month and have had my aln insert for the past 10 days it performs amazing.. I also have the fully built ruby chamber coming that shipped the other day

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Ruby is nice to dab off, just a pain to maintain compared to SiC. How is the AIN insert for cleaning, can you torch it clean with no ill effect?
Looking forward to your thoughts on the different materials @Mark Senfftleben

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
I've switched to the Versa Orb and have to say I won't be putting any more money into the Peak Pro. This thing cools better, is easier to clean and with the all-metal atomizer does the same job at lower temperatures. Don't have to fiddle with any apps either. The flavor may not be quite as good, but I'm not a good judge of that to begin with.

fondoobious,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@fondoobious,

LesPlenty,
Top Bottom