LabPong

Same design as the original.

bummer....that's too bad.....they missed the chance to make it so much better by simply creating a separated vapor path. I shall stick to the duo for now because of this and look for others that do not allow the vapor to touch or go near the atomizer.

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
bummer....that's too bad.....they missed the chance to make it so much better by simply creating a separated vapor path. I shall stick to the duo for now because of this and look for others that do not allow the vapor to touch or go near the atomizer.

does that separate air path make a big difference in taste or quality of the hit?

Ratatat,

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I was wondering this too. What is the use of sealed cups and all if you inhale any possible off gassing of the atomiser anyways? But it seems most designs lack in that department.

Aside the price it is a very appealing unit still. The design is classy

freddiegibbs

I can say emphatically that this thing is worth every single penny. It's the most controlled and consistent way I've ever been able to take long, low temp dabs. With a Petra top by beta glass labs and a 3mm sapphire terp pearl, it's basically flawless

My only complaint so far is that it basically requires me to take a non-rosin dab every once in a while, as trace solvents seem to do a much better job of cleaning the bowl than even 99.9% iso.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I can say emphatically that this thing is worth every single penny. It's the most controlled and consistent way I've ever been able to take long, low temp dabs. With a Petra top by beta glass labs and a 3mm sapphire terp pearl, it's basically flawless

My only complaint so far is that it basically requires me to take a non-rosin dab every once in a while, as trace solvents seem to do a much better job of cleaning the bowl than even 99.9% iso.

Have you tried a baking soda paste to clean? It lifts any gunk off my quartz and sapphire.

I think it’s more from the high monoterpene percentage in solvent extracts than residual solvent. Especially stuff high in say limonene, which is a known industrial degreaser.

freddiegibbs

Have you tried a baking soda paste to clean? It lifts any gunk off my quartz and sapphire.
I haven't, but I'll give that a try! The new ceramic bowl is considerably easier to keep clean than the first one. If you're just dabbing BHO and swabbing every time, it should stay white basically forever. But it's still susceptible to the plant lipids in rosin. My bowl was getting pretty ugly despite swabbing and soaking tons, until I dropped a little BHO live resin dab in there and it immediately went back to almost-white.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Yeah I love mine so far - let a friend borrow my OG (+s-tier heater/insert)... the Pro is just more consistent and offers more control.

Screenshot_20201101-130900.png

20201101_125540.jpg

LabPong

does that separate air path make a big difference in taste or quality of the hit?
YES.

When you take the fresh vapor out of the top of the cup...then allow it to go down around the outside of the bowl and down into and around the atomizer....then out another path to the glass.....you just nuked the fresh terps (degraded the taste) and made harsher (hotter) vapor.

I am not saying in anyway the Peaks are not good or do not offer a good experience. I am saying....what if they separated the vapor path away from the atomizer by allowing the vapor to come out of the cup and then to the glass well away from the heater area?

LabPong,
Reactions: Ratatat

stickstones

Vapor concierge
YES.

When you take the fresh vapor out of the top of the cup...then allow it to go down around the outside of the bowl and down into and around the atomizer....then out another path to the glass.....you just nuked the fresh terps (degraded the taste) and made harsher (hotter) vapor.

I am not saying in anyway the Peaks are not good or do not offer a good experience. I am saying....what if they separated the vapor path away from the atomizer by allowing the vapor to come out of the cup and then to the glass well away from the heater area?
Like the Switch? Is there another that does it?

@muunch - Big Chungus! Love it!

Kins

The Switch is the only electronic dab device that I'd consider now for various reasons. It's the only innovative design and a sealed vapor path away from any electronics. Plus no atomizer. I like my enail so much though so it's difficult for me to consider any e-rigs besides the switch. Torch and rig and I love also, sooo much better than an e-rig. Once the novelty of an e-rig wears off though you'll probably just put the e-rig in the closet with the rest of your old past devices.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Jerry.... I think the only other one might be the Core. But unfortunately it has other issues....mainly lack of precise temperature control.

As best I can tell, the Peak Pro and Carta send the vapor down the outside of the cup, but through the atomizer. The Vista Mini 2 and the Core send it over and outside the atomizer. Interesting distinction...

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
Kind of curious to try a duo or core now and A B against my og peak

Ratatat,

YungLeaner

The Switch is the only electronic dab device that I'd consider now for various reasons. It's the only innovative design and a sealed vapor path away from any electronics. Plus no atomizer. I like my enail so much though so it's difficult for me to consider any e-rigs besides the switch. Torch and rig and I love also, sooo much better than an e-rig. Once the novelty of an e-rig wears off though you'll probably just put the e-rig in the closet with the rest of your old past devices.
Different strikes for different folks - I'll never go back to using a torch and nail again. And that's just from having an OG peak with a cheap titanium insert ...

E nails are fantastic, but require a lot of table space and are easily knocked over. I truly value the minimalism of E-Rig setups.

Portability, ease of use, and lack of mess are a real concern for me. Everyone's different but I see E-Rigs as one of the most exciting innovations in marijuana technology since entry level convection vaporizers became available. I hate and have always hated using box mods.

The tech is rudimentary but it's improving fast. The Pro seems like an improvement already, although unfortunately it isn't really improved in the ways I was hoping. I don't like having everything I use be controlled with my phone, I don't like needing a bluetooth connection.

I would love to see a "desktop" version of the Puffco Peak. Larger base, plug-in power source...now I'm drooling.

tylerj55

Different strikes for different folks - I'll never go back to using a torch and nail again. And that's just from having an OG peak with a cheap titanium insert ...

E nails are fantastic, but require a lot of table space and are easily knocked over. I truly value the minimalism of E-Rig setups.

Portability, ease of use, and lack of mess are a real concern for me. Everyone's different but I see E-Rigs as one of the most exciting innovations in marijuana technology since entry level convection vaporizers became available. I hate and have always hated using box mods.

The tech is rudimentary but it's improving fast. The Pro seems like an improvement already, although unfortunately it isn't really improved in the ways I was hoping. I don't like having everything I use be controlled with my phone, I don't like needing a bluetooth connection.

I would love to see a "desktop" version of the Puffco Peak. Larger base, plug-in power source...now I'm drooling.
Sounds like you want the NewVape Tsunami.

tylerj55,

Kins

I was looking at the Tsunami also. It's on my list of products I want but can not afford. Super expensive. Actually have the premium kit saved in my favorites in case I ever have enough for it. One thing I wouldn't like about it though is it seems you have to keep the glass on the base, so if you want something you can pass like I do that's big let down.

Last edited:
Kins,

Fkn0wned

I was looking at the Tsunami also. It's on my list of products I want but can not afford. Super expensive. Actually have the premium kit saved in my favorites in case I ever have enough for it. One thing I wouldn't like about it though is it seems you have to keep the glass on the base, so if you want something you can pass like I do that's big let down.

Not to de-rail the thread even more but I am pretty sure he has made a whip attachment so that way you could use a whip and an external glass piece you could pass around a closer vicinity.

Fkn0wned,

Kins

Not to de-rail the thread even more but I am pretty sure he has made a whip attachment so that way you could use a whip and an external glass piece you could pass around a closer vicinity.

Yeah but you'd have to use the whip.

Kins,
Reactions: Ratatat

Dubmonkey

Wanted to see if my Adapt Tech sapphire dish for the OG Peak would work in a Peak Pro. Has any one tried one in their pro or know if the atomizers are the same between the OG and the Pro? wanting another e-rig and got recyclers and the sapphire for the OG I am hoping to use on a Pro if I pull the trigger.

Dubmonkey,
Reactions: lazylathe

freddiegibbs

Wanted to see if my Adapt Tech sapphire dish for the OG Peak would work in a Peak Pro. Has any one tried one in their pro or know if the atomizers are the same between the OG and the Pro? wanting another e-rig and got recyclers and the sapphire for the OG I am hoping to use on a Pro if I pull the trigger.
The Pro atomizer has a unibody design that does not support third party bowls being swapped in. Some are experimenting with shallow inserts that sit inside the ceramic bowl, but that seems pointless to me.

SirPeckerhead

The Bluetooth connection is unnecessary to use if it is inconvenient. Once you dial in the temperature/time setting for each level they are saved to the unit. (or use defaults). Each time you select a heat setting without the APP active, it functions the way you set it. And you can set a ‘bump’ extend time so you can share with a person who prefers a different time. Ex..my wife likes 30 seconds, I like 40. I set time on our favorite heat setting to 30. I set the extend time to 10 seconds. When I do a session, I double click after the first inhale and extend the 30 seconds to 40.

this thing is sooooo sweet! 850 sessions so far and we couldn’t be happier.

SixStringToker

Naked member
this thing is sooooo sweet!
I completely agree. I haven't touched my High Five Duo since getting the Peak Pro except to do some comparisons. With a single terp pearl, this thing is a little beast!

My only regret is in purchasing the Power Dock. I'll never use the battery on the thing; plus, it only lasts for a single wireless charge anyways. $120 for a bulky Qi charge is just nuts. I've been using a small round Andobil wireless Qi charger that looks like a drink coaster; it's perfect for the Peak.

Top Bottom