• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Post-Processing Rosin - Your wish, after the squish

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
oh, yea mines at room temp.

I know terpenes does something that cause this. Maybe my buds just had a lot of terpenes.

Was just looking for some insight really and to have something to talk about.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
oh, yea mines at room temp.

I know terpenes does something that cause this. Maybe my buds just had a lot of terpenes.

Was just looking for some insight really and to have something to talk about.

I press organic, lots of terpenes, I cant say I've seen it bubble up like that in a sealed jar, but I dont press large quantities so my experience is limited. Someone will be along soon enough with actual experience, and not just drivel :)

scy123

I know when I tried to do the jar tek. You heat up the whole thing in a sealed jar and let the terpenes bubble up and create pressure which is suppose to make the thc and terpenes separate or something.

Had one of my jars blow the seal and started leaking which is similar to this.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
When you are filling the jar you are trapping air under the rosin.
That is what is pushing it up and causing the bubbles.
Not filling the jar so much and being aware of not trapping the air made it go away for me.
🍉

Ok, yeah, that makes sense. I usually fill the jar, then put it on my T-Bucket to gently warm, melt and fill the gaps. Hence, no bubbles here. I only really use those tiny tiny jars.

How do you guys get that hard waxy consistency, kinda like a dry soap bar would have?

Lower pressing temps give me a more crumbly rosin, sugars up on the paper. Re-pressing rosin with very low micron bags (15u) has made it easy to separate terpenes and THCA for me.

scy123

Sweet thanks for the suggestions.

One last question, I find I cough a lot when trying to take bigger dabs, any tips for making the rosin smoother hitting?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Sweet thanks for the suggestions.

One last question, I find I cough a lot when trying to take bigger dabs, any tips for making the rosin smoother hitting?

Accurate temps ;) Temp boosts (start low, boost to a higher temp). A sapphire dish. Strangely, for me, no water in my glass. Holding the hit till the desire to cough dissipates (remember to breath before you pass out tho :) ). Know your limits and listen to your body! :) Adding a bit of cbd to the dab helps me too. Thats a ramble list off the top of my head.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
You could try a bigger bong, I guess it’s kinda unconventional for dabbing with all these mini rigs but I really like to use a big beaker sometimes. Minimal percolation from most downstems so flavor can still be quite good as long as there’s not too much water - hits are very smooth from the large surface area and residence time.

Mathos

Hi all, I'm looking into making vape carts with rosin, but I don't want to use any weird solvents.

I keep seeing those terpenes I could add to rosin, anybody has good experience with this?

I heard you could use "jar tech" to turn rosin liquid enough to put into 510 carts, but it seems to mostly be for creating thca crystals? I guess the rest of that rosin is what could be liquid enough to put into a cart since the crystals took all the solid of the rosin?

Mathos,
Reactions: arb

scy123

Problem I found with rosin in carts was it had too much excess material (fats and waxes and shit) and the excess material would carbon up real fast and clog the wick, making it not wick well. It may work well for a few hits, but gunked up real fast. No matter how runny the rosin is you will have this problem, only solution would be to process the rosin further and then it would not really be rosin anymore and you might as well use something else.

I actually had more luck pressing THCA out of the rosin, pressing the THCA out of a fine filter bag and using terpenes with that to make carts. Whole process was not worth it though and I just got myself a "wax tank" to vape the rosin.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hi all, I'm looking into making vape carts with rosin, but I don't want to use any weird solvents.

I keep seeing those terpenes I could add to rosin, anybody has good experience with this?

I heard you could use "jar tech" to turn rosin liquid enough to put into 510 carts, but it seems to mostly be for creating thca crystals? I guess the rest of that rosin is what could be liquid enough to put into a cart since the crystals took all the solid of the rosin?

Are you using ultra high grade hash rosin or flower? You want to use the best of the best hash rosin to make cartridges so it vapes cleanly.

Mathos

Thanks guys!

Never heard of wax tank, looking into it!

In the past I was only pressing flowers, but if needed I could dry sift/hash first and then into rosin for the minimum of waxes/fats in the rosin.

scy123

I only tried the Saironara with the coils and titanium bucket. The coils hit harder, but harder to clean. The bucket still hits pretty nice and easier to clean. Seems smoother too with the buckets and will probably last longer than coils.

scy123

Compared to carts it’s pretty good though. Never have to worry about leaking/clogging/breaking in your pocket, it just works and you can load straight concentrates and not worry about dilutents. Retains a lot of the portability too. Can leave it in your pocket and pull it out for a quick couple pulls and most people will just think you are vaping ecigs.

scy123,
Reactions: arb

lazylathe

Almost there...
@scy123 @EmDeemo

My rosin is still puffing up like a puffin!
The jar is about half full and stored in a mason jar in my stash drawer inside an air conditioned house.
I give it a stir to settle it down before use and then seal it up for the next use. When i open the jar, it has expanded again and the rosin is stuck to the lid again...

Not sure what I made but it could be Ghostbusters Slime!!

Top Bottom