Post-Processing Rosin - Your wish, after the squish

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@florduh yeah you can definitely do the float method, I’ve done that to pre-wick and prime oil in home filled cartridges and can’t see anything wrong with that method. The best part about rosin carts is there’s really nothing to the process of making these things outside of just using good clean hash.

But yeah, two strains is a rough selection for the modern enthusiast - that’s prohibition style!

CRC BHO would be pretty hard to switch to, I find I’m just never really satisfied with butane extracts anymore. The budget rosin from outdoors and deps isn’t much more than the Diet Dr Dab. Punch Extracts is doing some pretty good stuff in the ~$40 range here.

florduh

@florduh yeah you can definitely do the float method, I’ve done that to pre-wick and prime oil in home filled cartridges and can’t see anything wrong with that method. The best part about rosin carts is there’s really nothing to the process of making these things outside of just using good clean hash.

But yeah, two strains is a rough selection for the modern enthusiast - that’s prohibition style!

CRC BHO would be pretty hard to switch to, I find I’m just never really satisfied with butane extracts anymore. The budget rosin from outdoors and deps isn’t much more than the Diet Dr Dab. Punch Extracts is doing some pretty good stuff in the ~$40 range here.

I've been enjoying my hash rosin in the new Divine Tribe atty. But with these new ceramic and quartz cart styles coming out, the taste gap between LAYG and cartridges is basically closed. I'm waiting for a half gram version of a specific cart stye to come out before I start filling, but if the experiment works out this might be my main hash ROA.

With how expensive good hash is around me, carting the stuff might be the best way to stretch it out. I'm also torn. I want hash rosin to become so popular that it overtakes BHO. So I always sing it's praises to patients here. But then it always sells out and the price stays high. Oh well. Jungle Boys is opening here soon. They can make decent hash so hopefully the competition drives prices down.

invisiblecomplications

Hi I'm looking to make some rosin carts too.

@florduh did you have luck with any good reliable quartz or ceramic carts?

Also in terms of batteries any you guys can recommend preferably ones that can start at lower than 3V. I remember reading somewhere that maybe here or another thread about temps and it seems even starting at 3V was too hot from a temp perspective.

I'd rather try carts than have a dab pen the carts to me are inconspicuous and look just like a vape cart without having to carry dabs around to refill

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Yocsn Uni Pro, adjustable down to 2.0V by 0.1V steps and an FC favorite. I find I never go much over 2.6V across tens of carts... 2.0V preheat hits are good; learned that hearabouts.

ETA: Street price way lower than MSRP; I read there's a V2 available but to be clear I'm talking about the non-2.0.

Last edited:

invisiblecomplications

Yocsn Uni Pro, adjustable down to 2.0V by 0.1V steps and an FC favorite. I find I never go much over 2.6V across tens of carts... 2.0V preheat hits are good; learned that hearabouts.

ETA: Street price way lower than MSRP; I read there's a V2 available but to be clear I'm talking about the non-2.0.

Thanks for the reply appreciate it. I would liketo avoid box mods. I'm really looking for a battery shape like the old mech mods just round same size as the cart. Any idea on the carts?

invisiblecomplications,

shredder

I've been enjoying my hash rosin in the new Divine Tribe atty. But with these new ceramic and quartz cart styles coming out, the taste gap between LAYG and cartridges is basically closed. I'm waiting for a half gram version of a specific cart stye to come out before I start filling, but if the experiment works out this might be my main hash ROA.

With how expensive good hash is around me, carting the stuff might be the best way to stretch it out. I'm also torn. I want hash rosin to become so popular that it overtakes BHO. So I always sing it's praises to patients here. But then it always sells out and the price stays high. Oh well. Jungle Boys is opening here soon. They can make decent hash so hopefully the competition drives prices down.

Hash rosin is only cheap if you grow or have access to a lot of weed.

Never did the math but I get roughly a 28-30% return with tumble hash (145u) and a 30-50% return for hash rosin. I imagine it's less total returns for bubble hash but higher quality, so more $$.

As a caregiver it's 2 steps rather than a 1 step bud rosin. For me I'm thankful only one patient is using 100% hash rosin these days. And I gotta say his donation isn't anything close to $85.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
It does not seem that there are many new developments in post processing, but I keep seeing more and more on IG curing with sonic cleaners.

Have any of you tried this method? LowTemp recently put out an article on this: https://www.lowtemp-plates.com/blogs/knowledge/how-to-cure-rosin-using-an-ultrasonic-cleaner

Don’t have any rosin, but I did buy my ultrasonic cleaner to “speed steep” my own ecig recipes. Should work, once you figure out how to keep the bottles from floating, etc. The linked article is very “general”, but in the article is a YouTube video link, that I’ll look at for fun….

RustyOldNail,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Also curious, when curing flower rosin, do you all agitate?

I have always let it nucleate (? is that the right word?) to completion without agitation. Do you all stir yours periodically? Am I missing out by not? Does it do anything to improve flavor profile?

FlyingLow,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Have any of you tried this method?
Do you all stir yours periodically?
I always use my ultrasonic cleaner to 'mix' my rosin after pressing to just simply make all the dabs similar, done yesterday, this was on top of the lid of the UC lid with the water level just under to warm to 35C to blend the drips/collected from bakers paper goo by stirring with a hot knife then running for a couple more minutes on top for the following consistency,
1711011843366-jpg.52641

Last edited:
LesPlenty,
  • Love
Reactions: bulllee

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
@LesPlenty You got that color change from your process? I've been using the heat from my satellite TV box along with some stirring to change the texture (more buttered up) but I've not experienced any color change in the material. You are just setting it on the lid when running the UC?

bizwaxzion,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@LesPlenty You got that color change from your process?
No, the top was sun-grown buds and some scissor scrapings from harvesting that were pressed at 2500psi @ 99C for 4 minutes total on a 40mm puck, and the lower was LED-grown hydro of the same strain pressed at 1500psi @ 99 for 3 minutes total on the same sized puck.
I usually end up with drips on the silicone puck that I add the contents from the parchment paper of that press that then get sat on the UC lid at 30-35c just to mix each batch up. The pics above were taken an hour or so after stirring with my hot knife and UCing for 5 mins...hope that makes sense, if not I can always take a video next time if needed.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: btka

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
No, the top was sun-grown buds and some scissor scrapings from harvesting that were pressed at 2500psi @ 99C for 4 minutes total on a 40mm puck, and the lower was LED-grown hydro of the same strain pressed at 1500psi @ 99 for 3 minutes total on the same sized puck.
I usually end up with drips on the silicone puck that I add the contents from the parchment paper of that press that then get sat on the UC lid at 30-35c just to mix each batch up. The pics above were taken an hour or so after stirring with my hot knife and UCing for 5 mins...hope that makes sense, if not I can always take a video next time if needed.
Okay - I got you now. My outdoor stuff usually comes out darker than indoor also (both soil grown), but once in a while I'm surprised by something outdoor that comes out blond like your second image.

bizwaxzion,
Top Bottom