Phase3 Vaporizers

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Maybe @VGOODIEZ would curate a setup or two in his store. I think there's some value in a plug-n-play setup: there are a lot of n00bs looking at ball injector setups for the first time and the choices and 'science project' aspects can be intimidating; anything to ease their path will help sell them. There may even be some value in contrasting their strengths v. the CH gear in a store-shelf setting. Start 'em off with the best and they'll be back; meanwhile you're freed to work on whatever it is they'll come back for. ; )
I would be into it assuming @invertedisdead would sell me the injector heads.

SquirrelMaster

My ZX and bowl arrived yesterday! I was hit with some duty charges (<$15CDN), which I'm guessing are because it's made overseas? GST and a handling charge as well of course.

Now I just need my 710coils order to ship (once some back-ordered parts get in) and I'll be ready to rock.

It looks really nice, that's for sure. I can't wait to use it.
What I think would be beneficial would be to build your brand. Get a logo, some schwag like shirts, stickers, silicone mats, bowl loading/cleanup tools, or a vape tool station. Do an idiot's guide video on using the PID with an injector head for your site - including explaining how vaping works and is different/better than smoking. Right now you have experienced enthusiasts finding your wares but as your brand grows you'll want to have a rounded out knowledge base for noobs. Get your logo on the pieces you include in a complete kit!

I don't think you need to go big immediately with schwag but right now I have an injector bowl and a ZX and nothing identifiable with being GoPhase3. Now I like the clean look so I don't personally mind that there aren't logos on the injector bowl and ZX...but still, get your brand out there!
I completely agree with all of this.

SquirrelMaster

I don't see the need to put a logo on it especially if that would raise the cost. Other heads have logos on it ? Maybe if there is some paraphernalia like a stand why not for a bit of advertising but I like the keep it simple less is more logic.
I like the idea of a logo but the coil covers most of the device anyways. The bottom lip is the only spot I could see a discrete Gophase logo fitting (the upside-down peace sign outline), but then I'd be concerned about a price increase. Maybe some with logos as a limited option if it's not much trouble?

I would like to see some stickers. I'm going to take a blow dryer to one of the baggies my stuff came in, to try and salvage the Gophase sticker attached.
For my entire life I would get stickers but never actually stick them on anything. My brain didn't like the idea of them being permanently attached to an object. Then a couple months ago I was working at a Cannabis facility and the maintenance guys had their big rolling tool boxes loaded up with all kinds of cool weed (mostly) related stickers. Something clicked in brain that day and when I came home I went through all my vape gear, pulling out stickers and plastering them on my vape paraphernalia stickers. Now when I'm sitting at my vape station it feels more inviting and so I'm trying to get stickers from all the places I purchase from.

Vaporware

I just want to clarify the name since people keep saying different things…

The company is just “Phase 3” and the “go” part probably just means that phase3.com was already taken.

A bit of swag and branding of some type would be good to help get the name out there. With so many people in this thread using different names it seems like it would help. :lol: I don’t know if it makes sense to put it on the heater itself or not, but papers, stickers, a box…that kind of thing could have a name and logo on it for sure.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I just want to clarify the name since people keep saying different things…

The company is just “Phase 3” and the “go” part probably just means that phase3.com was already taken.

That is correct!
It was the shortest domain I could come up with while still using a popular web prefix!

Really appreciate all the feedback going on in here, that’s so nice to see!

As far as the name, if anybody was wondering - phase 3 quite literally represents the third phase/state of matter - the vapor phase.

A0842-C75-3454-4-F0-A-A386-EDC4-C529-F359.png

I hope to stand out from the pack by showcasing real applied physics principals which I’ve spent the last 4 years in particular diving deep in. I want shoppers to have confidence that with PHASE3 gear, they are buying a vaporizer from someone who truly understands vaporization; as I think that’s worth something.

As far as branding goes, that’s definitely something I can work on and improve. Not sure the ZX will get any logos as there’s not much room; but maybe on future products something clean and discrete could be added. I am thinking of developing some new products soon that I’ve been wanting to build for a while.

In other news - I had to close the store down and refund a couple orders as I hit my monthly receiving limit thru PP, and since they have a sour reputation I can’t really risk them shutting me down right now. I’m in the process of switching payment processors entirely, but my drivers license is expired. I’ve already renewed it, so I’m technically legal, but until I have the physical card in hand no financial institution will really work with me.

That said, the store should open back up again on May 1st for ordering.

I’ve got a bunch of 14MM glass bowls coming.

I also have Disorderly Conduction gear coming and I will be carrying their equipment to offer plug-and play, ready-to-rip bundles assembled with coils, as well as PID controllers. I recognize not everybody wants to order from 4 different stores, so this should greatly simplify purchasing for the less hardcore enthusiast. This will also help a lot for some
of the new products I’m developing.

I would be into it assuming @invertedisdead would sell me the injector heads.

How are you liking your ZX?

I’m gonna need a re-stock to be able to distribute them but I’m hoping to re-order very soon!

RedZep

That is correct!
It was the shortest domain I could come up with while still using a popular web prefix!

As far as the name, if anybody was wondering - phase 3 quite literally represents the third phase/state of matter - the vapor phase.

I hope to stand out from the pack by showcasing real applied physics principals which I’ve spent the last 4 years in particular diving deep in. I want shoppers to have confidence that with PHASE3 gear, they are buying a vaporizer from someone who truly understands vaporization; as I think that’s worth something.

As far as branding goes, that’s definitely something I can work on and improve. Not sure the ZX will get any logos as there’s not much room; but maybe on future products something clean and discrete could be added. I am thinking of developing some new products soon that I’ve been wanting to build for a while.

In other news - I had to close the store down and refund a couple orders as I hit my monthly receiving limit thru PP, and since they have a sour reputation I can’t really risk them shutting me down right now. I’m in the process of switching payment processors entirely, but my drivers license is expired. I’ve already renewed it, so I’m technically legal, but until I have the physical card in hand no financial institution will really work with me.

I also have Disorderly Conduction gear coming and I will be carrying their equipment to offer plug-and play, ready-to-rip bundles assembled with coils, as well as PID controllers. I recognize not everybody wants to order from 4 different stores, so this should greatly simplify purchasing for the less hardcore enthusiast. This will also help a lot for some

I’m gonna need a re-stock to be able to distribute them but I’m hoping to re-order very soon!
If I buy one of these full kits in future, would I be able to use it in UK with some kind of Voltage converter? Or is there some potential health or damage risk?

tgvp

I agree a bundle would be dope, especially for oversee vaporizers, as I had to browse to find a compatible coil, drive into documentation to check what would work, understand what is the bowl, the injector and pay for shipping twice (and obviously, in the coil order I just added too many small optional stuff I didn't knew I absolutely need before).
As for the starting phase, we have assistance from this forum and its users, but.not everyone is willing to read the... the 92??? pages of this thread. I like the DIY vibe of building your setup and testing various options, but when I try to convert smokers, they just get overwhelmed by the apparent complexity of it...

On the other hand, I just received my coil and new recycler bubbler 1h ago and my ZX is waiting at the customs.... I'm refreshing the tracking page every 30 minutes 😖

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I got my ZX in a couple of days ago, thanks Ryan. Unwound my z8 from the coil and inserted the zx. It's definately a couple of hairs larger diameter as it was a bit of a struggle two get the coil to move the last few mm up the thread, thankfully I didn't have to resort to tools though.

The black finish is fucking gorgeous, it's a shame so much of it is hidden by the coil.

It sits a little differently in the stand I use, did you change the taper dimensions slightly @invertedisdead ? Maybe it's down to my coil fitment.

The first day I used it it surprised me. It did hit harder than I was expecting. I wasn't expecting there to be an appreciable difference compared to the z8, I'm not sure I can put my finger on what the difference is, but having these 2 heads to switch around every so often is going to be perfect. The only thing is I'm now tempted to get a second PID... It's only a matter of time!

Recvapes would be a good place to resell in the UK, they keep a nice looking PID and coils in stock already.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
That is correct!

I'll email you. I'm interested. Not a lot of time to play around yet but I'm digging it!

buckhakeesah

A combo option that included the ZX preinstalled in a 16mm coil would have helped me out, mainly for the installation aspect. I'd have probably grabbed a PID too to ensure compatibility, if pricing was decent. But I also understand that volumes matter...and we all want top quality stuff, so that can be challenging at lower price points.

Installation story...

I finally just returned from a trip to my waiting ZX and 710coils 16mm coil. Inserting the ZX was quite a challenge. Tried everything I could by hand, even the screw-in method that was mentioned earlier, and could not find an easy way to expand the coil diameter (the small working size of these parts makes it more difficult I believe). Anyway, I ended up gently tapping the partially installed coil edges down toward the lip of the ZX until it was seated. Worked out okay in the end.

My coil certainly ain't dropping down from my ZX any time soon...and I believe that the snugger the better, right? I also fall into the "first-time-baller folks" camp, so my expertise in this area should be questioned.

Oh, and the first session (at both 475 & 500 degree set points on Dabpress PID, so not sure how they compare to DC & Auber set points, probably need to go up just a bit more) exceeded my expectations (which were already pretty high). @invertedisdead all I can say is great job and thanks!
You’re not alone. I went cheap route with the discount email version. It was too small and wasn’t compatible with my Maxvapor controller. I was advised to go with their Dabpress versions for the right compatibility so I’m waiting on that swap to happen first. But just test fitting the 16mm I first got, it was too smal and required some adjustment. Hopefully I’ll be up and running soon

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If I buy one of these full kits in future, would I be able to use it in UK with some kind of Voltage converter? Or is there some potential health or damage risk?

Though I haven’t personally tried it, I think a bunch of people have done that, maybe one of my international peeps will chime in on that!

My 16mm coil just arrived. Ready for the ZX to land. Need some smaller screens still. Getting excited :)

Can’t wait to hear how you like it!!

On the other hand, I just received my coil and new recycler bubbler 1h ago and my ZX is waiting at the customs.... I'm refreshing the tracking page every 30 minutes 😖

Let us know what you think of the ZX!

My daily driver. I got a volcano hybrid for the hell of it and sold it. This thing totally blows it out of the water in terms of efficiency. Like yea volcano holds more so you can get more effects. But gram for gram the z8 destroys all others

So glad you’re still rocking with us in the Z Tribe!!! :rockon:Super stoked to hear that pretty much all the Z8 crew is still steaming on it as their daily!

I got my ZX in a couple of days ago, thanks Ryan. Unwound my z8 from the coil and inserted the zx. It's definately a couple of hairs larger diameter as it was a bit of a struggle two get the coil to move the last few mm up the thread, thankfully I didn't have to resort to tools though.

The black finish is fucking gorgeous, it's a shame so much of it is hidden by the coil.

It sits a little differently in the stand I use, did you change the taper dimensions slightly @invertedisdead ? Maybe it's down to my coil fitment.

The first day I used it it surprised me. It did hit harder than I was expecting. I wasn't expecting there to be an appreciable difference compared to the z8, I'm not sure I can put my finger on what the difference is, but having these 2 heads to switch around every so often is going to be perfect. The only thing is I'm now tempted to get a second PID... It's only a matter of time!

Recvapes would be a good place to resell in the UK, they keep a nice looking PID and coils in stock already.

Did you ever tighten the coil down originally to fit the Z8? If so, that might be why the ZX was snug, though that tight fit is truthfully ideal for heat transfer!

As far as the taper - I designed them to exactly the same dimensions, though it is showing a few hundredths of a millimeter difference in my CAD model when I compare them. Could also be because I switched my program tolerance to go to the thousandth?

As far as differences, the flow rate is a little higher in the ZX, and the dark color is technically thermodynamically superior.

I spoke with Recvapes last year when I did the Z8, another kind FC member in the UK connected us - but there was a lot going on for me at the time with all the cancer care so I never moved forward. But now that I’m officially in the game I’d be interested in getting the ZX and other fun goodies in the shop.

Thanks so much for your continued support!!

Had my first session last night with the ZX. Wow! Love how small and powerful this thing is. I was only able to have one session because the results were so great....lol. Very impressive flavor and vapor!

LOVE hearing it!! Thanks so much for rocking with us and definitely let us know what you think after you spend some more time with it!

I'll email you. I'm interested. Not a lot of time to play around yet but I'm digging it!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Hopefully I’ll be up and running soon

Do let us know if you have any troubles!

425 has been my happy setting for ZX as well!

That’s pretty stellar efficiency!!

In other news, glass bowls are still about 2 weeks out. I’m probably going to open the store back up in a few days for a short pre-order, and will fulfill those orders as soon as these other parts land. That will also include ZX heads with an installed coil, and complete ready-to-rip kits.

Thanks again everyone!

lazylathe

Almost there...
My ZX and bowl arrived yesterday! I was hit with some duty charges (<$15CDN), which I'm guessing are because it's made overseas? GST and a handling charge as well of course.

Now I just need my 710coils order to ship (once some back-ordered parts get in) and I'll be ready to rock.

It looks really nice, that's for sure. I can't wait to use it.

I completely agree with all of this.

Lucky you!!!
My Canadian duties were somewhat WAY more expensive!
I was nailed with almost $56 CAD duties...

Don't quite understand why you paid so little and I was nailed to the floor...

Either way it's at home waiting for me!! Cannot wait!

SquirrelMaster

Lucky you!!!

The duty was $14.81 plus $11.32 GST and the $9.95 Canada Post handling fee. $36.08CDN all said and done (No PST here).

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Do you have an idea of the approximate price of that full kit yet ?

Probably around $350 USD or so!

Lucky you!!!

That’s a bit strange they would be different as the declared value is the same as what the invoice / order reads.
Duty fees suck, I paid almost $900 just on the housing fees!

Can not wait to hear what you think of the ZX good sir! Thanks so much for your support, I know you’ve been following along since day one so it’s great to have you on the team!!

I was just rereading the first post on this thread and it's cool how the issues you wanted to solve were solved in such an unexpected way

It’s been a long and winding road, that’s for sure! What’s crazy to me is how this type of setup has now become the biggest trend I’ve ever seen in the entire industry - when I first started this thread, most users were afraid of exposed coils, and only the most hardcore, demanding enthusiast would have ever considered something like this. The reviewers definitely helped normalize these setups into mainstream appeal. I admit I still chuckle a bit when I read about some folks cautious of a coil vape, and instead opt for something that uses a sizable blowtorch 😅

It’s always fun to see how these journeys began, the beginning of the Dynavap thread is a really cool and interesting read as well!

And with the current Zs hitting peak refinement, it'll be interesting to see what the next few years will bring.

I’m thinking of culling the store down to just the ZX for now. With the Z8 returning later using ZPRO “inverzion” technology.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@invertedisdead

It's all good brother!!
I am just super stoked it is in my desk waiting for my return! I have a coil all ready and will be ripping it a bit later this week!!

It's true unfortunately... I have been following since the start and always seemed to miss out on the drops!

So glad this situation is sorted now and I can get rid of that "other" ceramic vape I am currently using!!

Videos will be forthcoming!!!

Top Bottom