Phase3 Vaporizers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
For people who have both the SX and the ZX are you able to set lower temps with your ZX? I expected to be able to drop my temps quite a bit but I'm finding that they are working nearly identically. They each are paired to their own coil but it is the same coil from the same maker. Anyway, just a surprising result. The ZX is great so far, but it is not quite the upgrade I expected from the SX.

The coil is probably just a little looser on the ZX. The SX was, I believe about two hairs thicker, which probably made the fitment really snug (but also probably more effort to install?)
Stainless steel also expands more than zirconia, so that could be a factor.

The fitment between the coil and the housing has the most impact on the heat transfer and the corresponding set temperature. That said, regardless of the set temperature on the PID, you’re still only really manipulating the efficiency of the system, the temperature on the controller wouldn’t change the evaporation characteristics of the plant. That’s a big misnomer in the industry I’ve been trying to address over the years. It seems like I touched on this a few pages back.

The Z8 is easily the best desktop I’ve tried! :love:

So glad to hear you’re still enjoying the Z8!
I think most of the Z8 crew is still using it as their daily, which is pretty impressive I think!

Glad you made this series the "X" series because it's eXtreme!! My ruby ball experience is limited to a B2 and the ZX and the ZX wins it. Great choice with 14mm!

Sooooo stoked to hear that you’re digging the ZX!! :rockon:

Me and my SO (both lightweights) accidentally overdid it with the ZX yesterday (4/20!). That thing is killer for small or large packs. Been doing 500, but worked fine at 420f too.

420F on 420??? 😋😋😋
You gotta love it!
Super stoked that you’re enjoying the ZX!

Highly recommend Heady Blok’s slide stands, beautiful and functional!

Those are purdy!!!

@invertedisdead I’m not sure what kind of black magic you figured out, but for universe sake be careful with it. Hitting a ball vape through a bong is not supposed to taste as good as a Vapman.

That’s the power of the ultra clean GemVection! Love hearing all these awesome reports!! Really makes my day!

Screens are IN! pending ZX orders are going out tomorrow morning; and there’s a very good chance more ZX’s are gonna go up on the site ready to ship, possibly tonight... 😅

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The coil is probably just a little looser on the ZX. The SX was, I believe about two hairs thicker, which probably made the fitment really snug (but also probably more effort to install?)
Stainless steel also expands more than zirconia, so that could be a factor.
This is an excellent point. I am going to fiddle a bit with this and examine the fitment.

Both were nice and snug, but I could see the material making a difference. Thanks!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
How many people are skeptical to buy because I don’t currently offer plug-n-play kits?

Would that help?
It's a good question, and I am not the right person to answer it. I consider your heads to be basically plug and play. The X series ones would probably be tricky to load balls and screens in, so I appreciated them coming pre-installed. And your bowl is exactly right for the heads.

I suspect a lot of first-time-baller folks would buy a PID and coil from you. So I am certain people would like a complete package. I don't know if it would be worth it for the sourcing you would have to do.

Recently on Reddit I have noticed a lot of folks who don't understand how an injector is even used. It seems like these folks would benefit from a whole package, but also videos and tutorials. Although I don't know if you want to get in the "content" business.

Anyway, I hope people who have stayed on the sidelines will weigh in with better insights than mine. :-)

someTooL

How many people are skeptical to buy because I don’t currently offer plug-n-play kits?

Would that help?
Only if you called them plug and sit down kits. No playing after a few rips from this thing lol.

All seriousness like said before, basically already plug n play just by pushing the head into the coil.

Been having some of the best sessions getting to know the ZX. Totally not worried about PID temp and just setting it up for quick extraction. Finally found my sweet spot.

onesixty2

As someone who just bought their first coil / pid because of the SX: it wasn’t that intimidating, but I’m admittedly someone who isn’t scared to tinker. I bet you could get more people with a single link though. I’ve got friends curious but when I send them 3-4 links to buy everything they would need, some tune out.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Tried a couple tokes at 600 degrees Fahrenheit for a quick vape and I am already feeling the medicinal effects. Now to try some LA Kush Cake dabs on top. https://streamable.com/0mug6q Here is the video with dabs on top at 650 degrees Fahrenheit, Dabs need a little bit more heat to penetrate. https://streamable.com/h3n6tg

Last edited:

Madtater

As someone who just bought their first coil / pid because of the SX: it wasn’t that intimidating, but I’m admittedly someone who isn’t scared to tinker. I bet you could get more people with a single link though. I’ve got friends curious but when I send them 3-4 links to buy everything they would need, some tune out.
I literally just had someone in my control room at work, no more than 30 minutes ago, that wanted to talk about the coil/pid video i sent him to ask how he could get into it. I sent him to a bunch of websites to get everything.

He legit looked at me and said “that is too much trouble and too much money….i will stick to smoking joints or come over your house🥺.”

🤷🏻‍♂️

This shit is sooooo cool…. until someone has to put the tiniest bit of effort or money in i suppose. And i dont even have good glass yet.

Oh well….more for us.

SquirrelMaster

Would that help?
I think the more you can offer, the better. Having a coil to sell with the head/balls is a step up, and having a complete package (PID and bowl) is even better. A few cord adapters on hand would be nice for some as well, same with stands. It's more overhead but if it simplifies the process it's a win.

I would have purchased a coil from you with my head if it was available, but I also needed 2 other coils so it wasn't a big deal to go elsewhere. I bet most of us on FC are willing to go a little further to setup a ball vape but the general needs it as simple and cheap as possible.

BakedDiogenes

Would that help?
Maybe some, but as you mentioned before it’s not profitable to sell coils/PIDs without a markup. Instead, it might be good to pick one (DC PID and coil) as a primary recommendation and maybe something cheaper/easier to obtain for international folks.

Oil420FL

Would that help?
As someone who hasn't bought yet, I'd say "No"
There are vendors making the rest of the kit who provide excellent support [that would take up your time] & retailers like VGoodiez who can talk people through their first purchase & provide support after the sale.
IMHO you'll be selling lots more when there are more posts by customers with photos/videos/praise that people can find via Google. I spent $100 on a Brilliant Cut grinder that Troy at 420vapezone said was better in some ways than my Santa Cruz Shredder.

coolbreeze

There are vendors making the rest of the kit who provide excellent support [that would take up your time] & retailers like VGoodiez who can talk people through their first purchase & provide support after the sale.
Maybe @VGOODIEZ would curate a setup or two in his store. I think there's some value in a plug-n-play setup: there are a lot of n00bs looking at ball injector setups for the first time and the choices and 'science project' aspects can be intimidating; anything to ease their path will help sell them. There may even be some value in contrasting their strengths v. the CH gear in a store-shelf setting. Start 'em off with the best and they'll be back; meanwhile you're freed to work on whatever it is they'll come back for. ; )

RedZep

Maybe @VGOODIEZ would curate a setup or two in his store. I think there's some value in a plug-n-play setup: there are a lot of n00bs looking at ball injector setups for the first time and the choices and 'science project' aspects can be intimidating; anything to ease their path will help sell them. There may even be some value in contrasting their strengths v. the CH gear in a store-shelf setting. Start 'em off with the best and they'll be back; meanwhile you're freed to work on whatever it is they'll come back for. ; )
I agree with this. I also want to add that ball vapes are really breaking out of the niche lately. On Vaporents (Reddit) it is is now one of the most regularly recommended and discussed vape types. Having a plug and play set up would help get a bigger slice of that growing market.

Especially since ball vapes can be intimidating for first time buyers anyway. I could easily see a new buyer picking a different manufacturer for this reason.

Oden

Finding distributors would be a great solution too.
Send SX-ZXs to stores to try out your buds.
When I see the guy from Qshop who manages to distribute these devices in the United States, United Kingdom, and even in France recently. I don't see why you couldn't.
My SX is better than any Qshop head I owned before.

A combo option that included the ZX preinstalled in a 16mm coil would have helped me out, mainly for the installation aspect. I'd have probably grabbed a PID too to ensure compatibility, if pricing was decent. But I also understand that volumes matter...and we all want top quality stuff, so that can be challenging at lower price points.

Installation story...

I finally just returned from a trip to my waiting ZX and 710coils 16mm coil. Inserting the ZX was quite a challenge. Tried everything I could by hand, even the screw-in method that was mentioned earlier, and could not find an easy way to expand the coil diameter (the small working size of these parts makes it more difficult I believe). Anyway, I ended up gently tapping the partially installed coil edges down toward the lip of the ZX until it was seated. Worked out okay in the end.

My coil certainly ain't dropping down from my ZX any time soon...and I believe that the snugger the better, right? I also fall into the "first-time-baller folks" camp, so my expertise in this area should be questioned.

Oh, and the first session (at both 475 & 500 degree set points on Dabpress PID, so not sure how they compare to DC & Auber set points, probably need to go up just a bit more) exceeded my expectations (which were already pretty high). @invertedisdead all I can say is great job and thanks!

coolbreeze

Guess I really just needed a 3rd hand...I can now see 2 appropriately sized pliers being a decent way to gently (and temporarily I'd hope) "unscrew" a larger opening in the coil to allow the ZX to slip in.
I was trying to mount a different head in a too-tight coil and I held mine by the 'handle' and using needle-nosed pliers wrapped in masking tape I grabbed the coil by the top wrap and turned the pliers to loosen the coil, held it for a few seconds, and went down to the next wrap and repeated thru the rest. I wasn't able to see the coil unwrapping, really, but it was enough to slip the head in with little problem. I did the same thing in reverse to tighten my coil around the Z8 head slightly. They seem to be fairly sturdy, but ymmv--up above some have recounted their mishaps so it bears being careful.

InhaleExhale

There is something to be said for a novice to have an all-in-one ready-to-vape solution available. This would mean a PID, coil, SX/ZX/Z8, injector bowl, and a glass WP. My friend (who is about as non-technical as a person can get) would have had no clue how to assemble the parts in a ZX kit.

What I think would be beneficial would be to build your brand. Get a logo, some schwag like shirts, stickers, silicone mats, bowl loading/cleanup tools, or a vape tool station. Do an idiot's guide video on using the PID with an injector head for your site - including explaining how vaping works and is different/better than smoking. Right now you have experienced enthusiasts finding your wares but as your brand grows you'll want to have a rounded out knowledge base for noobs. Get your logo on the pieces you include in a complete kit!

I don't think you need to go big immediately with schwag but right now I have an injector bowl and a ZX and nothing identifiable with being GoPhase3. Now I like the clean look so I don't personally mind that there aren't logos on the injector bowl and ZX...but still, get your brand out there!

Top Bottom