Phase3 Vaporizers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
ZX drop postponed until tomorrow @ 12PM PST

I wanted to set an actual time to give people a better idea of when to check the website. Enjoy your Friday everybody, we’ll see ya tomorrow!

Happy vaping!
Can't wait for the ZX. Yeah. Is it possible to setup an email list so ALL the people interested can sign up on GoPhase3.com and then you can send out emails when pre-orders are open? That would help. Some folks aren't able to follow this thread.

Rock on the SX until I get the ZX. Have a great weekend!

I started messing with it a while back and never finished it, I think I was out of money at the time to pay for the services lol 🤷

Let me see if I can get that squared away, right now my website only allows people who have already ordered to sign up for my mailing list. That’s an add-on upgrade feature to be able to allow interested parties to subscribe to your mailing list haha. I’ll work on this some more!

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
You say it doesn't need low and slow, but is it still capable drawing low and slow? Or is fast draw optimum?
What @madhockeydad said, very flexible and accommodating- it’s capable of full extraction no matter how you like to hit it. I should have phrased it better, it’s simply doesn’t require a specific method to achieve optimum results, the end user doesn’t have to think or develop a new inhalation technique. It happens to be one of very few vapes that can really do quick-rip, snap bowl bong hits whilst being the tastiest/ most pure of anything I’ve tried. But if you want to go low & slow mister, it’s your huckleberry alright. Do not fret over that concern another moment.

RedZep

What @madhockeydad said, very flexible and accommodating- it’s capable of full extraction no matter how you like to hit it. I should have phrased it better, it’s simply doesn’t require a specific method to achieve optimum results, the end user doesn’t have to think or develop a new inhalation technique. It happens to be one of very few vapes that can really do quick-rip, snap bowl bong hits whilst being the tastiest/ most pure of anything I’ve tried. But if you want to go low & slow mister, it’s your huckleberry alright. Do not fret over that concern another moment.
Nice. Thanks for the reply. I can only do very slow relaxed hits due to jaw issues. The full extraction at low temps is what is pulling me in. I don't see it in many vapes.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Where on the website is the newsletter sign up? Will the ZX pre-orders from the last round go out soon?

The newsletter sign up is still not finished, I still need to change a few things to get it working. Probably won’t be done in time for this drop today, but I’m definitely going to make sure I get it finished.

ZX’s should conservatively be shipping out within the next 7-10 days, ideally sooner. Housings are estimated to arrive Wednesday. They’ll be going out as soon as the parts land. Will probably take me a day or two to process, assemble, and package for shipment as this is the my largest batch yet.

Thanks a ton for your patience and cooperation 😁

Zagala

I have a question - if I am able to get one ZX today, I need recommendations for the 16 mm coil - does it need to be stretched? I have a PID that came with a crossing tech enail in good working condition but not sure if that’ll work. I have the 14mm adapters. Thanks for help.

I did not think I would go ball vape style but this is something i’d like to try.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I have a question - if I am able to get one ZX today, I need recommendations for the 16 mm coil - does it need to be stretched?
I did not stretch my coil for the SX as it was basically the exact height of the ruby-filled chamber. I get fantastic instant vapor at low temps so I haven't messed with it. I use this coil from 710coils:

I have heard that this coil may even be a bit deeper than in the photo (5 wraps vs. 4):

Also stretching a coil is easy and takes about 5 minutes with a flathead screwdriver.

Last edited:

Zagala

I did not stretch my coil for the SX as it was basically the exact hight of the ruby-filled chamber. I get fantastic instant vapor at low temps so I haven't messed with it. I use this coil from 710coils:

I have heard that this coil may even be a bit deeper than in the photo (5 wraps vs. 4):

Also stretching a coil is easy and takes about 5 minutes with a flathead screwdriver.
Many thanks for the response @Grass Yes! And now not to miss the alarm I set…

B!

Got a ZX as well including the 14mm-14mm adapter and extra screens just because I was on my phone and didn't want to miss getting it. Not even sure I needed those things, So now I need a coil and a PID. Where/what would be the best one's to get with the possibility of working with some other ball heads in the future? Cheapest, best quality, or most recommended for whatever reasons would be appreciated! Anything else I need besides some pipes/bongs?

DaVapeGuy

Got a ZX as well including the 14mm-14mm adapter and extra screens just because I was on my phone and didn't want to miss getting it. Not even sure I needed those things, So now I need a coil and a PID. Where/what would be the best one's to get with the possibility of working with some other ball heads in the future? Cheapest, best quality, or most recommended for whatever reasons would be appreciated! Anything else I need besides some pipes/bongs?
If you skim a few posts back there's recommendations.

Also the zx listing itself has recommendations :tup:

B!

I know, I've read the whole thread over the past few weeks. Was hoping I could be a little lazy and someone in the know could sum it up for me cuz my brain just doesn't soak things up like it used to :)

I will definitely look back there again though!

Edit: I see you said a few "posts" back and not "pages". I saw those ones, and was just wondering if there were any other opinions or possibly cheaper options as my initial investment went higher than I thought after the additions to the zx order.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So now I need a coil and a PID. Where/what would be the best one's to get with the possibility of working with some other ball heads in the future?
You won't be able to use the same coil with most other heads due to the size, but you can definitely use the PID with lots of coils. The thing to be careful about is matching your coils to your PID. This is a pretty good explanation of the two popular standards:
https://www.cannabishardware.com/blogs/newvape-blog/enail-pinouts-connections

There are very cheap PIDs and coils, but I think you get what you pay for. As pointed out above, there is a recommendation on the ZX page:
We like Auber, Disorderly Conduction, and 710coils electronics.

I have an Auber RDK 300B and I really like it. Seems like people like the DC PIDs too.

B!

Thanks fellas. I'm thinking buy once, cry once. Probably get the Auber RDK 300B or the DC Cobra and one of those two coils Grass Yes listed above. Might just wait a little bit in case of 4/20 sales. Future's lookin' bright my friends :)

Here's something that also might be of interest...

Dabpress has their "PID TEMP CONTROLLER KIT GEN1" on sale for almost 50% off and there's almost always some sale going on that will also apply (they even ship via Amazon if ordering from their website). The final price is kind of crazy for what you get in the kit. The PID (which is a little on the large side, but nice quality and with a metal enclosure) manual details the pinout as the "US standard" and is the same as shown at the CH link above (although I've not tried another brand yet I will be soon since I also just ordered a ZX and need a 16mm coil to go with it!).

You'll still need to get a 16mm coil as the kit comes with a 25mm axial coil, but If you can make use of that and the rest of the kit, it is a "banger'n" deal.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So now I need a coil and a PID. Where/what would be the best one's to get with the possibility of working with some other ball heads in the future?

If I was shopping today starting from nothing I would probably just get the 16MM Disorderly Conduction coil with their DC 3D controller. :)

Their 4/20 sale is running right now. I've actually got one waiting in the mailbox that was just delivered today. :D

InhaleExhale

You will want a coil stand. I made one out of a $5 Walmart coffee mug with a diamond wheel on my dremel (search for stand in this thread for other ideas). Think of the coil as being similar to a curling iron. You could also just rest the coil in a deep coffee mug. Stick to ceramics which have a fantastic capacity for absorbing heat.

Some people like to get coil handles - which adds visual decoration for the coil while giving the user a visual queue for something safe to grab that isn't +400 degrees! If you can train yourself to grab at the base it's not needed (but adds a nice look).

For pipes/bongs look at this thread for discussion. If you want something fast that isn't from China direct, look at Thickassglass who is having a 35% off sale. Sneaky Pete's Store has some good options too. Goo Roo Glass, Cloud Connoisseur, and Vgoodiez are also great US mainland distributers. Depending on the pipe you buy you might want to consider getting a drop-down, just so you don't have the hot bowl right in your face (which can act as an ash catcher for any yummies that escape through the screen).

B!

Thanks everyone! I have a few water pipes I got in preparation of a ball vape, that I've been using with my Splinter V2 in the meantime. Some popular ones off DH including a few saki bottles, a matrix sidecar or something similar that comes with a standard mouthpiece and a whip (probably best for keeping the heat of a ball vape further away), and a standard beaker bong. Went from trying to be a cheapo straight to buy once/cry once until I break something :) It helped with the 4/20 sale and all!
That along with my ZX order today and I'll be sitting pretty in a couple weeks I think!

tgvp

May be a dumb question, what's the difference between a 60$ coil like the one from disorderly and a cheap 30$ one? I can understand having different qualities of controllers as there is electronic and so on, but isn't a coil just some dumb metallic heating element?

Last edited:

B!

May be a dumb question, what's the difference between a 60$ coil like the one from disorderly and a cheap 30$ one? I can understand having different qualities of controllers as there is electronic and so on, but isn't a coil just some dumb metallic heating element?
I did read about the coil part being thicker on some, and maybe the wires could be better quality and wrapped etc.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Not dumb question at all but if you really want an answer, I’d ask Shane in the 710 Coils thread (Vape Related Equipment) as he knows a ton about manufacturing of coils. I would also humbly suggest when factoring costs to consider the value of quality assurance and easy, fast CS should you ever need it.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@invertedisdead

Thanks for the new ZX drop!!!
I finally managed to buy one after all this time of them being sold out in minutes!

The black Zirconia is a class above everything else that is out there!
Cannot wait to be in the ZX universe and out of the one you know I am in...🤣😂🤣😂

So happy you decided to start with the safest material that is used in human bone replacement!! Cannot get any better than that! A fully biocompatible material filled with inert rubies!
Genius!!

As a way to say thank you, I think we should all flood social media with these ZX's!! Let's all post up numerous videos showing it's use on YT and get the word out there!!

Top Bottom