Paying it Forward - A New Direction

Vitolo

Vaporist
Back in the saddle.
In the old days I had a constant flow of patients with Vapes that required parts and "brainstorming".
These days I am better equipped to teach, help, demonstrate, and above all give vaporizers to the right
patient for a perfect fit.
My eyes are a bit worse, and my grip a bit less steady.
So many Vapor aficionados have taken a liking to the new heavy hitting portables.
This has been a time of testing, repairing, and adjusting.
Last night I had a repair that kept me awake until 7 a.m. today😳
My house is still a disaster area, with parts and cords/plugs piled... Bit by bit I put things in order.
I have a patient that I got an SSV for a dozen years ago. Like all patients with the old school desktops, maintenance and replacement parts
is ongoing.
This one SSV owner has had an issue with it for a couple of years now, but I had no way to help her.
I have had this vape for 10 days, trying to figure it out.
With all of the clutter here, I could not dedicate enough time to focus on that one unit.
I decided that at 10 pm I would call everything off and work until this was solved.
So many things at once.
Raising the ceramic.
Handheld Wand and Standard HC were not matching up as they should.
Both of these pieces had been replaced a few times in the years gone by, and never bought as a set.
These two would not work together.
I did clean a caked on screen, and domed the screen up as is tradition.
Why the heck did this take all night?
I had 4 HCs, and 3 wands. Each wand had to be tested with all 4 HCs.
After taking notes and labeling things, In order to move on to the next HC, I had to shut the unit, and then wait for the HC to get completely
cool to the touch. It's better to not twist hot glass.
The very last combo possible was the one that worked. I was done and it was 5:30 a.m.
Needed extra time now for it to cool and put it all away.
Eyes seeing twinkles.. by the time I brushed teeth and showered it was 7:00 a.m.
At 10:30 I ran to the post office forgetting that it was Saturday hours and they were closed.
It's 4:00 P.M. now.
I think I'll sleep before I deliver this SSV.
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Things are shaping up around here!
I finally have found all cords and matched them with all portables.
I have checked the charge on all vapes, and done a session with each, and they all work as though the law never interrupted my journey.
A few days ago, I went through Inhalaters. INH04 lost it’s charging port about 10 years ago, however
INH05, 5S,6,& XP all still work like day 1. Each provided a full session.
Yesterday, I went through favorites and did a session with each. Left to right that is
Solo (OG), Grasshopper (OG), Tafée Bowle, Angus, Venty, Fury 2 Mighty2, and Mighty+. All perfect!
DSC00133.jpg

The only vaporizer, I have not begun to evaluate and charge yet is a collection of Pax 1 & 2s.
There are 6 Pax Vapes that I have not begun on yet. I like the Pax units, but they need extra time to look at.
All used already reconditioned Patients Portables still have charges and function too.
*The Vaporizer that kicked my ass and astounded me yesterday was my Solo.
It’s the original Solo I got in 2011.
In 2016 I changed the battery… ONCE. That’s it.
I got distracted from using my Solo, due to the influx of new technology.
Bad move. I love the Solo as much as I did that first week.
I learned that I have 60 rides left on a the local paramedical transit for disabled. I found out that I can give these rides to others!
Two patients come today, using “SunVan” saving me gas and from going out into the Desert heat!
I have a Tera and a Fog ready for them.
In preparation, the Tera and the Fog were my first Portable sessions of the day, after finishing my traditional SSV morning ritual.
Happy as hell to feel like Vito again.
Fully Medicated to Level 10, and it’s only 8:45 a.m.

Last edited:
Top Bottom