Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexi

as in livechat is down? I was just on the site, that's how I got that link

Hexi,

Gnar

Livechat is down but the website is up. It's past the hours they are available anyways. Looks like I will have to wait till monday.

Gnar,

kuziw1019

All About The Vape!
Just so you guys know I just went throught the fiasco of buying through ebay the guy didnt allow returns but advertised the 10 year warranty... I got it for 210 and contacted ploom the day it arrived to make sure it was covered.

It was not. I than opened case with ebay guy finally agreed to take it back swore he was authorized but Ploom assured me there are NO sellers on ebay that are authorized.

Long story short ordered from ploom told them what happened and they gave me 3 free screen, free extra mouth piece, lube, pipe cleaners just because.

Awesome A+ company the PAX is awesome for portable concealed use and the SOLO is great for when you dont need to be so discreet.

Of course neither compare to when I am home and get to SSV.

So make sure to order direct from Ploom why not I mean they have record of you and never have to worry about warranty.

Worth the extra $40 IMO.

Also the seller than took down is 10 year warranty being advertised.

You can find PAX on alibaba for like $50 a piece in bulk so im sure wherever ploom contracts to make the PAX for them some asshole just ran extras and is wholesaleing...

kuziw1019

All About The Vape!
Just so you guys know I just went throught the fiasco of buying through ebay the guy didnt allow returns but advertised the 10 year warranty... I got it for 210 and contacted ploom the day it arrived to make sure it was covered.

It was not. I than opened case with ebay guy finally agreed to take it back swore he was authorized but Ploom assured me there are NO sellers on ebay that are authorized.

Long story short ordered from ploom told them what happened and they gave me 3 free screen, free extra mouth piece, lube, pipe cleaners just because.

Awesome A+ company the PAX is awesome for portable concealed use and the SOLO is great for when you dont need to be so discreet.

Of course neither compare to when I am home and get to SSV.

So make sure to order direct from Ploom why not I mean they have record of you and never have to worry about warranty.

Worth the extra $40 IMO.

Also the seller than took down is 10 year warranty being advertised.

You can find PAX on alibaba for like $50 a piece in bulk so im sure wherever ploom contracts to make the PAX in CHINA for them some asshole just ran extras and is wholesaleing...

kuziw1019,

Hexi

Hmm I can't find the PAX in my ebay history... even tho that's where I bought mine.

But thanks for that info.

/edit. Yeah this was the old listing (found it outside of ebay)

Pax Vaporizer Newest Model + Bonus Options. AUTHORIZED DEALER = FULL WARRANTY

They are still on ebay, but of the 30+ Vapes they still sell, no PAX.

Ploom must have pulled a boss hog on everyone on ebay.

Last edited:
Hexi,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
What am I wrong about, please state what is right.

"Warranty applies to original end-user purchaser only. Warranty does not apply should you purchase through a 3rd party reseller such as eBay and Craigslist"
You can maintain the ten year warranty buying a pax from a head shop.

Mr.Krinkle,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Well, I have to completely disagree with you here. Where in the warranty does it say, "Warranty only valid as long as store remains in business."? That doesn't make any sense, I'm not bringing my pax to the store for replacement, I'm sending it to the factory. What difference should it make if the business from which you purchased it remained successful or not?
I can see the live chat now, "Sorry Smokey Joes went out of business we no longer have to honor our 10 year warranty, have a nice day and kindly go fuck yourself." hahaha

grokit

well-worn member
As long as the head shop is an authorized retailer. Otherwise you're at the mercy of smoky joe.

grokit,

jeff

Performance wise I really want to get a pax for my commutes. But i wish they would change the design so the mouth wasn't the power switch. I can image its really easy to get that mouth piece stuck after some time of use, leaving the unit broken due to an unnecessary moving part.
Is this a good enough reason not to purchase?
Makes my commute and my work day fucking awesome! Makes mid day pretty fing rad too. Use it once twice a day, clean it once a week. takes ten minutes if you are watching tv. 3-5 if you are just cleaning on a mission.

No one claimed they are leaving ISO in the unit. (intentionally)

How long should I wait after turning it off before cleaning?
A couple minutes should be sufficient for the device to cool down. Always take precaution when handling a potentially hot device.

I like cleaning my pax after it has been on party mode for five minutes or so. Only time I use party mode.

jeff,

Teedub

FLIP THAT BRICK!

Loving the pax hard at the mo, still smooth sailing and I am favouring it over my Eq.

There's just something about it, the way you hold it feels like a massive yeh or cigar, it just works :)

F-ing love my pax. Funny thing was when I very first got it I got bored of it quick (combustion) and didnt use it for a couple of weeks. Now I always want to hit this ( its so fun, easy, clean) and occasionally the eq gets going. Its just so damn convenient, anywhere! I rocked it at a restaurant the other day in outdoor seating and no one had clue. Love it in bed also!

And I agree I don't know how anyone isn't getting pumped full of thick vapor, either its what/how your putting in it or maybe not all pax are created equal. Maybe some pax perform better than others. After all they are Chinese electronics.

Im just stuffing her full these days and I really compress it down fingers first than my nice poker tool to stamp it in the corners and edges. I find it just keeps pumping for-ev-aaaah. The cloud thickness does die down after a while but then I flip the brick, stamp it down bump the temp to next level and BOOM.

Pax love!

JoeMama

Hi All...

Been reading many of these posts... I've had my Pax since Dec 2012 with only minor issues (temp light), which I have not had a single issue with since I've used the Glycol lube (which you can buy on Amazon, an 8 oz bottle that will last a millennium, but worth a few bucks). The lube is what facilitates the electrical contact between the mouth stem and the oven circuitry.
One of the things Pax CS told me to do was, once every few cleanings, place a not-too-generous droplet or two on the mouthpiece stem, then insert it into place and click the thing in and out 20 or 30 times in succession. This is to distribute the lube well along the surfaces inside.
You MAY want to heat up the Pax after that and take a couple of "fake" breaths (mouth puffs, don't inhale) to whisk off some of the lube "vapor". Note, the lube is biologically safe, by the way.

Also I'd like to share my little invention: I made it out of a kebob skewer with a dremel tool. It works fantastically as a stamper to pack the herb evenly into the chamber. After a few hits, I use a toothpick to mix it up again, and then, Lather, Rinse, Repeat :tup:

Cheers!

JoeMama

I think Ploom should have something like this made for a few bucks... it's totally worth it!

JoeMama,

Shadowdjinni

I just spoke to the Ploom chat person and they basically said it should be sold for their $249.99 MSRP...

My headshop also sold it to me for 200. Did they say anything to you regarding the warranty should you have bought it outside of Ploom?

You can maintain the ten year warranty buying a pax from a head shop.
Technically, a head shop can constitute a 3rd party seller as well.

Last edited:
Shadowdjinni,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
They advertise a 10 year warranty when you buy it. That was the selling point. I dont understand what about this warranty has everyone scratching their heads. I returned 4 pax units before I found one I was happy with. Bought it at a store. They returned all of them, no questions asked.

Jethro

Nice! I like that. I usually carry a brass nail, like for hanging pictures. I like that tamper you made!

Also I'd like to share my little invention: I made it out of a kebob skewer with a dremel tool. It works fantastically as a stamper to pack the herb evenly into the chamber. After a few hits, I use a toothpick to mix it up again, and then, Lather, Rinse, Repeat :tup:

Cheers!

I just spent a few minutes catching up on this thread, haven't been here for a while. I'm surprised to see people posting fairly recently they have difficulties getting good hits from the Pax. I get massive clouds on medium by drawing extremely slow and light on the mouthpiece. As slow and light as you can imagine and the oven air stays hot. Draw for like 10-15 seconds as light as possible and clouds like none other!

mod note: @Jethro, please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jethro,

natrat

. I'm surprised to see people posting fairly recently they have difficulties getting good hits from the Pax.

i conducted a test today. I was to count the clouds on medium with some nice AK47, it was going along great then i lost count somewhere around 7 , ha ha. It really is the flowers that matter

natrat,

zyzz

My headshop also sold it to me for 200. Did they say anything to you regarding the warranty should you have bought it outside of Ploom?
They said to buy it from an authorized retailer to maintain your warranty. I asked for a list of their authorized retailers and they said they can't release that to me but just to find a reputable store selling the Pax for the msrp of $249.99

zyzz,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
They said to buy it from an authorized retailer to maintain your warranty. I asked for a list of their authorized retailers and they said they can't release that to me but just to find a reputable store selling the Pax for the msrp of $249.99
That's strange. Why won't they tell you the authorized dealers? That seems like a weird business practice.

Buy our product!

Who sells it for you?

Can't tell you. Good luck.

Deadshort480,

grokit

well-worn member
So it sounds like they won't honor ebay purchases, or from retailers that discount the price.

grokit,
Reactions: 2 Paces
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom