Pax - All Models

Bazinga

Getting accustomed to the Pax Plus. Using the 4 green petals I've been able to tolerate the heat. Red petals (boost mode) is just too uncomfortable. Does anyone have a suggestion for an aftermarket charger?

Bazinga,

hinglemccringleberry

What's this pile from? A Dynavap? Vapman? It's so small it couldn't possibly be from a Pax 2/3, right? :D

PXL_20230317_020228352_2.jpg

This is 0.075 from my Pax 2 with pusher (screw removed) and half pack lid. It was a nice little session too. It sort of feels like I'm the first Pax user to ever run both of those accessories at the same time? That's the only way you're gonna get this..

Last edited:

LeftBased

Thanks !! Read the manual. Searched the internet, and contacted Pax. It's difficult to believe I got 2 bad units. When the device is on 4 petals (green or red) the vapor is plentiful. Three or less petals - no vapor.
nrpgvm.jpg

(use a multitool)

LeftBased,

LeftBased

Okay here is my first review of the PAX MINI.
Sadly I lost the 3D Screen and using the OG screens.

The 3D Screen gave more airflow but still vape produces conduction vapor,
just seemed like it had more convection like effect (placebo?) with the 3D Screens.

Anyways I've gotten used to the regular (non 3d) original pax 3 screens in the pax mini.
Based on my observations this is what I got out of it.

Observations:
* ABV can be taken to a dark brown, maybe even black if you can stomach the burnt popcorn / chlorophyll taste.
* Airpath is a stainless steel tube, it does provide cooling, overtime gets laced with resin, easy to clean with pipe cleaners and ISO, I dipped pipe cleaner in the ISO and just shoved it in the SS airpath several times, used brush for any lint that may have got trapped, and blew threw the SS airpath to clear anything.
* I did dip the mouthpiece for less than a minute in ISO and quickly ran it under hot water. No ISO smell or taste off mouthpiece and it smells better. Cleaning the stainless steel airpath is a must if you are swapping batches of flower, or you're on down time (recharging).

Pros:
Can use low as 0.1g (100 mg) (tight pack) ~ 0.2g (200mg) (tight pack) botanicals. 0.15g is the perfect mid point.
* Fast heat up time around 22s, [when battery is 25% (1 petal) heat up time is 30s].
* Easy to dump ABV, Easy to Brush oven, Replaceable oven screens, replaceable mouthpiece.
* Medical grade stainless steel straw airpath (simple to clean with pipe cleaners dipped in ISO)
* Optimal heating temperature (sliding scale, automatic) [extracts cannabinoids, more bang for buck]
* Great for CBD/other cannabinoids and of course THC.
* Produces a lot of vapor overtime, even after flavor has diminished, gets close to combustion levels.
* Smooth dense vapor.

Cons:
* Requires a firm pack for optimal results, no overpacking, no under packing, you can pack bare 0.1g and max of 0.2g, optimal pack is 0.15g

* 0.25g chamber seems like a bunch of BS, 0.2g barely fits even tampered in.
* Charging from dead battery took me roughly 96 minutes to 100% charged.
* Lacks backup screens, lacks a tamp / multitool, lacks a vented bottom oven screen.
* Lacks pipe cleaners for cleaning, does have a long pipe brush included.]
* Lacks a filling funnel (using after market tpu printed funnel and tamp tool)
* Instructions are terrible for this device, they should recommend filling between 0.10g ~ 0.15g of material and have a tamp tool included with the basic kit.
* Battery lasts less than 2 hours (rough estimate 75 minutes [tbd] from brand new) [I am going to try to cycle battery to see if I get increased sessions, but so far it feels roughly close to 70~80 minutes of use time]
* Lack of better official mouthpieces (aftermarket has various designs that are unofficial)
* Battery is not interchangeable or serviceable by end user.
* No anti-smell caps or anti-smell bag. [STINKIER than a FURY EDGE]
* No charging cradle case (pax labs could have 3d printed some tpu charge cradle cases) at least people one etsy have them for PAX 2 / PAX 3.
* Flavor isn't TOP TIER like a ROFFU / V3 PRO, but it can hit it a few times up there as it degrades over time.
* It's a session vape, sure you can "turn it off" fast than turn it back on and hit it, but wouldn't advise that.

Overall: It's not a bad vape, but there is quirks, the lack of a tamp tool / funnel and no extra screens and no pipe screens, but has a pipe brush. Instructions are lackluster with the pax mini kit. Also places claim 0.25g the chamber can hold, I find it holds a max of 0.2g, optimally best to use 0.15g, you can use as low as 0.1g, I feel 0.05g is too little for this it's do-able but not optimal, Optimal is between 0.1g and 0.15g. I've did 0.1g sessions, and I've done 0.15g sessions, obviously a lil extra herb will get you blasted. The 0.1g has gotten me lifted pretty good long lasting. while overtime depending on body/tolerance/factors a 0.15g is good for a nightcap, however strain tolerance and other tolerances kick in, so you might need several bowls to really enjoy PAX MINI for sleep. however packed to 0.2g (it seems to fit this max) I can get a decent night cap dose. Don't knock the 0.15g though, sure you can get similar results with a FURY EDGE, much easier to clean a fury edge even deep clean mouthpiece. I find the other devices are just more easier going, not requiring a firm pack.

So far I had at least 28 sessions from the PAX MINI.

I know I am kind of 'reaching' but does anyone know what ARM is used in the PAX3? I want to change the session timing.

The patent picture shows that the ARM has the SWD interface (old JTAG test points) so if it doesn't have a security bit, it should be pretty easy to dump and rewrite.

Like I said, I know I am reaching and I'll probably just have to take it apart and find out but any info would help me out.

Anyone had a PAX3 apart to change the battery?

Just FYI, if you're interested.....

Also, it's neat that they have a patent on a "Game Mode" for the PAX3 using the 4 lights but I guess they never implemented it. Or, it is an Easter Egg. The games include, 'Color Pop', 'Party Mode', 'Tilt-o-Wheel' and more. It was even designed to play with friends via the BLE chip (Bluetooth).

You can enter the "Party Mode by rolling your Pax 'horizontally' to the 'left' 3 times.
Party mode is indicated by the cool multi-color lights. I'll have more details on the games after I dump the Processor ARM.

Pretty neat.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I know I am kind of 'reaching' but does anyone know what ARM is used in the PAX3? I want to change the session timing.

The patent picture shows that the ARM has the SWD interface (old JTAG test points) so if it doesn't have a security bit, it should be pretty easy to dump and rewrite.

Like I said, I know I am reaching and I'll probably just have to take it apart and find out but any info would help me out.

Anyone had a PAX3 apart to change the battery?

Just FYI, if you're interested.....

Also, it's neat that they have a patent on a "Game Mode" for the PAX3 using the 4 lights but I guess they never implemented it. Or, it is an Easter Egg. The games include, 'Color Pop', 'Party Mode', 'Tilt-o-Wheel' and more. It was even designed to play with friends via the BLE chip (Bluetooth).

You can enter the "Party Mode by rolling your Pax 'horizontally' to the 'left' 3 times.
Party mode is indicated by the cool multi-color lights. I'll have more details on the games after I dump the Processor ARM.

Pretty neat.
I had a Pax 2, it had Party Mode.

The Easter Egg was found by playing the game Simon until "beating" it, which I did manage.
Thenceforth, on power-up, the device would play the tune "Funky Town". You had to hold it right to an ear, the music was very soft.
I read that the music was produced by the heat element itself.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I think it was in the manual, I believe it was an actual function involving the heat or timer, not simply party lights.
I don't think the game(s) were documented in the literature.
Sorry, long time ago!

Pretty cool. I did a quick search and didn't find anything about PAX documenting it. I sent them an email asking if they mind if I distribute their code after I dump it. Some companies are OK with open source and others are not. I generally honor the manufacturer's wishes.

I did read a little about your game. Actually, it's SIM ON as in Sim(ulation) On. That activates the song simulation at startup. Super cool that you beat the game and found the Easter Egg. As a programmer, E-Eggs have always been super cool to me. It's like finding a hidden treasure. LOL

Thanks for the info.

Just FYI...

Vaporhead99

I've just seen yesterday that the Pax 3 has been discontinued and the main models are the Plus & Mini.

Why have they discontinued the 3 though as it's seems so much more advanced than the plus? I'm truly struggling to justify buying a plus as it seems another 3 would be the better option...

The 3 looks like it has a better battery life, quicker charger, it has the app and more customisable options via the app.

So what is better about the Plus that is costs more and has led to the 3 being discontinued? I'm genuinely confused unless we are awaiting a Pax 4 release...

gaseous_clay

I'm in love again!

I had a Pax 1 & loved it. The worst thing that ever happened was I used it while waiting for a train & when I popped up the freshly cleaned & oiled unit the mouthpiece went "bing!" and few like 20 feet onto the tracks. Rather than wait an hour or more for a crew to come and possibly retrieve it (then use a mouthpiece that no matter how many cleanings I would always think of being among rat feces) I called the head shop I bought it at & picked up a replacement on the way home.

Then I got a Pax 2. While a better overall unit than the original, I never liked the mouthpieces. Preferred the flat to the one that tried to emulate the Pax 1, but neither was great. I apparently dropped it at the park, as I thought it was in my bag & can't find it anywhere. Oh well...

So what should I get was the question. Research led me to get a Pax 3, and I found one here in the classifieds (woo-hoo!) In researching, I found something I didn't know even existed... a mouthpiece setup from POTV! Didn't think I would like the glass stem mouthpieces as much as I do, but this thing is like a whole new vape! (Ok, it actually is a whole new one to me... but it's like a whole new one with a comfort level of an old, reliable friend.)

IMG-8466.jpg

Baboose1948

I've just seen yesterday that the Pax 3 has been discontinued and the main models are the Plus & Mini.

Why have they discontinued the 3 though as it's seems so much more advanced than the plus? I'm truly struggling to justify buying a plus as it seems another 3 would be the better option...

The 3 looks like it has a better battery life, quicker charger, it has the app and more customisable options via the app.

So what is better about the Plus that is costs more and has led to the 3 being discontinued? I'm genuinely confused unless we are awaiting a Pax 4

Apple pulling the app from their store really threw a wrench in the works for Pax and companies. Luckily I'm an android user so I can always use my beloved Pax 3.

Madtater

Apple pulling the app from their store really threw a wrench in the works for Pax and companies. Luckily I'm an android user so I can always use my beloved Pax 3.
There is a work around browser that is pretty easy to use for the iphone. It isnt an app, but you can still get all the function of the app. I believe it is called connect browser and it is available in the all store.

Pretty easy to set up.

Justpassedu

I'm in love again!

I had a Pax 1 & loved it. The worst thing that ever happened was I used it while waiting for a train & when I popped up the freshly cleaned & oiled unit the mouthpiece went "bing!" and few like 20 feet onto the tracks. Rather than wait an hour or more for a crew to come and possibly retrieve it (then use a mouthpiece that no matter how many cleanings I would always think of being among rat feces) I called the head shop I bought it at & picked up a replacement on the way home.

Then I got a Pax 2. While a better overall unit than the original, I never liked the mouthpieces. Preferred the flat to the one that tried to emulate the Pax 1, but neither was great. I apparently dropped it at the park, as I thought it was in my bag & can't find it anywhere. Oh well...

So what should I get was the question. Research led me to get a Pax 3, and I found one here in the classifieds (woo-hoo!) In researching, I found something I didn't know even existed... a mouthpiece setup from POTV! Didn't think I would like the glass stem mouthpieces as much as I do, but this thing is like a whole new vape! (Ok, it actually is a whole new one to me... but it's like a whole new one with a comfort level of an old, reliable friend.)

IMG-8466.jpg
Nice a few years ago I found someone on Etsy making a mp that allows you to use arizer stems , tried it a few times and it works nice but I still prefer the stealth mp when traveling .

Madtater

sold my pax 3 yesterday for $140, so relieved i got something back for that poor investment. PAX sucks!
“Sucks” is a bit of a harsh term.

I sold mine as well, but i kept my era pro.

The pax 3 draw i felt was tight. It wasnt a bad device per se, it just wasnt a device for me.

Other people have a great experience with the P3, i was one of the unlucky ones that didn’t…..but i wouldn't say it “sucks”

Madtater,
Reactions: Xapove

maremaresing

I think most conduction devices have a tight draw, yes? Or rather, the draw needs to be tight due to the tight pack. Something convention or hybrid is a better choice. Or maybe just constant stirring, but I don't do that with the pax.

Gotta pax that herb in!

Anyway I still think my pax2 is the bees knees. Always works, long clean airpath for cool clean vapor, attractive package. And it's so so so so so tiny. Most things in it's size class have very poor flavor and performance.

The Plus and Mini seem disappointing compared to the 2. And I can't think of a single thing on the market that is like it in size and performance. At the end of the day, it still is a conduction only device, which offers a certain experience.

Losino

I have a pax3. I’ve had it for a few years and would use it occasionally But ever since I got the bud kups kit about a month ago, it’s become my primary method of medicating. For me it works great. Just grind up some herb. Stuff the bud Kups and I’m ready to roll. When one kup is done i, I just pop it out and pop in a new one. The thing is, you have to really pack it tight and make sure the herb is ground up really good. You just gotta sip it like how they say on the website.

Masc

Hello, everyone!

I'm new here and I've been looking at the information shared on the forum in order to improve my experience with the PAX 3!

After looking at these tips, I became interested in purchasing the vented oven lid and the 3D screen!

I live in Brazil and I don't find many stores that offer these accessories. Through my research, I found the accessories on eBay and AliExpress, but I'm concerned about the quality of the materials of such products.

I would like to hear the opinion of the esteemed PAX users: is it worth buying these accessories from these stores?

Masc,

leanpubpackage

Hello, everyone!

I'm new here and I've been looking at the information shared on the forum in order to improve my experience with the PAX 3!

After looking at these tips, I became interested in purchasing the vented oven lid and the 3D screen!

I live in Brazil and I don't find many stores that offer these accessories. Through my research, I found the accessories on eBay and AliExpress, but I'm concerned about the quality of the materials of such products.

I would like to hear the opinion of the esteemed PAX users: is it worth buying these accessories from these stores?
Vented lid is not worth it. The heater cannot keep up with the extra air flow. A half pack lid is a better investment if you don't already have one

Xapove

Hello, everyone!

Good see another Brazilian here. At the time I had the PAX 3 bought some accessories that greatly improved its use. The vented oven lid is a piece that everyone spoke highly of, but never used it. AliExpress and eBay are a good way to go!

Pax Half-Pack Oven Lid - Zamnesia

Half pack oven lid - I bought it in the store along with the vaporizer. My main idea was to save weed in solo sessions and it works!

PAX Ploom Silicone Sleeve - Clearance Sale - Planet Of The Vapes

Silicone case for Pax 3 - In addition to protecting the device from scratches, also softens the body heat of the vaporizer. Difficult to find in Brazil was lucky enough to have a detachment at the time that I used Facebook.

I500242517-3.jpg

Replacement charger dock + USB cable - The original charger is flimsy, but this alternative charger on the other hand is heavy and feels very sturdy. I preferred to get it to have it as a spare and not have to pay triple if the original one stopped working.

Pax Screen Set (3 pcs) - Zamnesia

Standard oven screens - I bought more to keep in reserve in case I losted all the ones that came with the PAX. They are of good quality and look a lot like the originals!

Acessórios para substituição PAX 3 PAX 2, empurrador de tampa de forno com  ventilação, plataforma de carregamento da tela 3D, multiferramenta de  boquilha e escova de limpeza de tubulação - AliExpress

Mini bubbler - If you like water recommend getting this piece. In addition, this glass bubbler can be removed so you can try playing with other glass pieces of the same assembly size.

Falcon Pipe Cleaners Extra Thin (6 in Long) (Pack of 50) - Pipe, Cigar,  Cigarette, Shisha, Tobacco, Smoking & Gifts at Gentlemens Corner

Pipe cleaners - Ease of cleaning the device. It's not essential, but I'd liked to used them.

Marc112

Last week I submitted a warranty claim for my Pax 3 vaporizer, to include a copy of my original dated purchase receipt from September 2021, a picture of the actual device serial number, and short video of the blue light issue. It was purchased from an authorized reseller.

Apparently someone submitted a warranty claim during April 2023, and somehow my serial number was inputed into their system at that time, and now Pax is denying my warranty claim.

I have asked them multiple times to look back in their files and check to see how the error was made, to include how the serial number was validated back in April 2023, and did that customer send in a picture like I did of the serial number, and lastly, what was the color of the Pax on that claim? Mine is black

It’s more than obvious a simple number transposition mistake was made, but it’s falling on deaf ears, as Pax warranty support just keeps telling me because of the April 2023 claim, they will not warranty my Pax 3; and of course, I can’t find a phone number for them.

It’s a shame, as I really liked my Pax 3, but I will never buy another product from them.

This is not meant to be a flaming post, it’s only meant to share my warranty issue, so just beware of their 10 year warranty, as it didn’t do me any good for a less than 2 year old vape.

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
That really sucks! Something different happened to my father with his Lexus - called to have something done under warranty. They told him "your vehicle is listed as totaled, it is no longer under warranty" - turns out someone inputted the wrong VIN number at a crash scene and my father's vehicle which was totally fine had been voided of it's warranty! It took months working with multiple people through Lexus corporate to finally get the issue resolved.

Quick question, where exactly did you purchase the vaporizer?

The only reason why I ask is because I know that Chinese clones have been made in the past which used serial numbers pulled from photos online to make their knockoffs even more believable (it's a constant cat-and-mouse game). If yours was a clone, with the same serial number as countless other users, it would be likely someone has already claimed a warranty on it - I would do a search of your serial number using quotation marks on google and see if it turns up any hits.

Top Bottom