Pax - All Models

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hi! Is that official that it’s discontinued? It was practically a forgone conclusion it would be given the recent sales deals on it. I got mine a month ago directly from Pax.

I won’t dive into comparisons since it’s really not allowed however I have both the PAX3 and Tinymight and the TM doesn’t smell as much as the PAX3. It’s larger than the Pax too and, unless you have a titanium stem, the TM is more prone to breaking with a glass stem (even the short stock one). For portability and stealth sans smell the Pax wins out. But not by much for me since I’m a big native user and have and still use the TM’s short stock stem with a rubber cap when I’m out and about, though the PAX3 serves dutifully (with a ziploc bag to hide the smell) just as well. The Pax is extremely pocket friendly, no two ways about it. They’re two different vapes though and I’m in love with my TM. And now again the PAX3 (long live the PAX3, lol). :peace:

Well I mean Pax2 and Pax3 are going to be eventually discontinued as the Pax Plus and Pax Mini have just been released. But no, I have personally not heard any confirmation from anyone connected to Pax.

I'm not looking for comparisons to other devices (I have plenty of devices in my own personal library, I don't *need* any new devices lol).

I'm asking about dimensions of the oven, overall unit size, and mouthpiece to confirm they are compatible with my aftermarket accessories ( https://delta3dstudios.com/portable-vaporizer-accessories/pax3-vaporizer/ )

From what I am gathering based on my initial research, the Pax Plus and Pax Mini have the same overall outer shape with the mini being roughly 5mm shorter. The Pax Plus and the Pax3 seem to have identical dimensions - if that is correct my loading tools, pax caps, case, waterpipe adapter, etc should all work as intended.

If anyone has my aftermarket accessories and can test to confirm or deny they fit would be much appreciated.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I'm really liking my Pax3 just as I have enjoyed my original Pax for 10 years. My VAS has lead me to purchase many vapes over the years and none of them is perfect. Anyone looking for the one vape which is great for all situations is most likely destined for disappointment. However, many are perfect for the specific task. It's the reason I have desktops, portables, interchangeable batteries, flame operated , sippers, rippers, stealthy etc... I agree with almost all of the above pros and cons with the PAX 3 and find it has its place and time. When it doesn't , I have others to fill the void. I do realize that many won't be able to have a collection to choose from, but then you have to be willing to accept that nothing ever perfect and hopefully make the best choice for your needs.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Ah. Glad you were able to quit smoking tobacco.

I could qoute the first one. But then I wanted to add one more but wasn’t able and I get warnings if I post consecutively.
There’s an FC thread for such a topic in which I’ve posted in. Almost a year ago Safari on my iPhone stopped quoting and I never figured it out, even after upgrading iOS. I’m now using Chrome just for FC in order to be able to quote, go figure.

PAX3 does wreak more than others vapes. But not a big deal for me. It generate some nice clouds too. Not as much or thick as a convection vape but it sure gets the job done. I just need to remember to sip it unlike my other vapes. I’m definitely enjoying the PAX3 several weeks into ownership. Glad I got one. :peace:

Baboose1948

My Pax has almost always been in my rotation. In fact, I own 2 of them. I like to mouth-pull and the Pax works well for that. However, I never liked the rubber mouthpieces. A couple days ago I modified one of the mouthpieces and fit it with a 2"x9mm glass tube. Very happy. :)

In all my years using a pax, this is the first legit mod I've seen. Well done 👏

Madtater

My Pax has almost always been in my rotation. In fact, I own 2 of them. I like to mouth-pull and the Pax works well for that. However, I never liked the rubber mouthpieces. A couple days ago I modified one of the mouthpieces and fit it with a 2"x9mm glass tube. Very happy. :)

Wonder what it would look like and how it would work if you did that with the WPA…..

Wonder what it would look like and how it would work if you did that with the WPA…..
I didn't like the standard glass wpa that's available but the 3D Printer guy has a water adapter that looks like an easy peazy mod. I just figured since I had the mouthpiece and never use it, what did I have to loose. :)

The existing hole in the mouthpiece fit a 9mmOD glass tube perfectly.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Does anyone use a brick maker (or whatever you want to call it ) for their Pax?
Something like this, for those that don’t know what I’m talking about:
DA66-C697-DA58-422-C-B550-961242-EF6-EE2.jpg

I got this one a couple of weeks ago for my Pax Mini and I am a bit smitten with it!
I can pack twice as much (or little) than with hand tamping, the air flow is better and zero scooby snacks sneak thru. The only problem I have is that I want to make like 10 at a time but don’t like the few options I see for carrying around extras.

I can’t stop fantasizing about getting a Pez dispenser to hold extra bricks… anyone up for making me one? (I wish my photoshop skills were better so I could replace those fake pez with herb bricks!)
8955688-E-CA25-47-EB-A2-A0-DF8-E7-D951-CA4.jpg

mixchu69

Does anyone use a brick maker (or whatever you want to call it ) for their Pax?
Something like this, for those that don’t know what I’m talking about:
DA66-C697-DA58-422-C-B550-961242-EF6-EE2.jpg

I got this one a couple of weeks ago for my Pax Mini and I am a bit smitten with it!
I can pack twice as much (or little) than with hand tamping, the air flow is better and zero scooby snacks sneak thru. The only problem I have is that I want to make like 10 at a time but don’t like the few options I see for carrying around extras.

I can’t stop fantasizing about getting a Pez dispenser to hold extra bricks… anyone up for making me one? (I wish my photoshop skills were better so I could replace those fake pez with herb bricks!)
8955688-E-CA25-47-EB-A2-A0-DF8-E7-D951-CA4.jpg

mixchu69,

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I've never come across the brick maker , but everytime I pop out my abv from the pax it reminds me of a PEZ. :lol: I'm also curious how it works, though I don't imagine I would get one.

VapeKnight,
Reactions: Jill NYC

maremaresing

I had one for my dotleaf and it wasn't good. Might work better with the flat oval shape of the pax oven vs the long tube design of the dotleaf. I found it overcompressed the material so you didn't get a good extraction, and flavor was bad because of it. Plus, it made a mess because the bricks never stayed together like the pictures.

YMMV because I didn't like the budkups either.

Quick PSA since people have been commenting the past few pages showing they don't know:
-Endcaps fix the smell issue AND the having to press the mouthpiece with dirty hands issue. It's a dirt cheap solution that doesn't impact the compact form factor of the pax, or it's stealth visuals.
-For a half pack fill loose to the brim of the oven, then place the half lid in. Full pack fill to the brim of the end where the lid goes in with loose, then use the lid to stuff it all into the oven.

easy peasy

@Jill NYC you got the mini right? How are you liking it and it's single mode?

Madtater

Did Pax come out with a new Era Pro that increases airflow and is more efficient heating?

Had a guy telling me that there was a new one out. I literally just bought one 2 months ago to use in the house.

Just wondering if he was feeding me a load of bullshit.

Madtater,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is there any reason to choose Plus over Mini if you're just using it for flower?

The mini has limited capacity which is not as much of a problem perhaps as the single temp setting... Could make more sense to get a three if you want one of these I dono

Shit Snacks,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have a friend interested in getting his first vape, for flower. A lightweight in terms of use.
Special considerations, first. He is going blind. It seems to have plateaued, he is living alone and self sufficient.
Could this Pax Mini be a good answer for him? No settings at all!
Another consideration is that he has zero sense of smell, due to a crushed skull years ago. So i dont think he's gonna be a flavor chaser.
Anyone happy with their Pax Mini?
Are there any barriers to use for my friend?

Baboose1948

Did Pax come out with a new Era Pro that increases airflow and is more efficient heating?

Had a guy telling me that there was a new one out. I literally just bought one 2 months ago to use in the house.

Just wondering if he was feeding me a load of bullshit.
It's not a new pro, just a new era. Not sure what it does different but it has some sort of anti-clogg feature. It doesn't connect to the app which for me is a deal breaker. I don't really have an issue with clogging. The pods do burn unevenly but I'm always able to vape the pods dry with pretty consistent hits. Imo the dose and temp control on the era pro are hard to give up.

Baboose1948,
Reactions: Madtater

Madtater

It's not a new pro, just a new era. Not sure what it does different but it has some sort of anti-clogg feature. It doesn't connect to the app which for me is a deal breaker. I don't really have an issue with clogging. The pods do burn unevenly but I'm always able to vape the pods dry with pretty consistent hits. Imo the dose and temp control on the era pro are hard to give up.
Thanks for the explanation.

The lack of app connection would be a deal breaker for me as well.

infamousnfamous

I bought my 3 years ago and still return to it. Its my "old reliable" I guess :lol:. I found a third party case on amazon (the link is now dead, sorry) that helps keep the smell in and has an optional screw on attachment for more bud or budkups or whatever, which I never really use. I saw ads for the Plus and Mini and would honestly "upgrade" to a plus if the smell issue was worked out but I'm not sure if that's just a byproduct of ALL Pax products or just the 3. Otherwise, I'm very happy with it. Put a few friends on to it at the beginning of 2020 lol.

infamousnfamous,

maremaresing

Smell issue is the fact that it's a conduction vape and a powerful one at that. And that the oven is right behind a lid at the end. Devices with a similar design tend to have the same thing. Rubber endcaps fix this nicely, but you know that.

It's a great vape, I still treasure my 2, and it's still the only conduction vape and one of 2 electric portables I keep out. Everything is packed away. Wild to think I bought it back in 2021 and still enjoy it.

maremaresing,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I owe you all a full review Pax Mini.
I plan on doing that soon, but in the meantime -

I think it is a great product, and I don’t really miss the extra temps because i found an easy workaround to “boost“ temp by adding the pusher (minus the screw)
Will be back soon with more detail, but if you have any specific questions, lmk.

thx1138

Smell issue is the fact that it's a conduction vape and a powerful one at that. And that the oven is right behind a lid at the end. Devices with a similar design tend to have the same thing. Rubber endcaps fix this nicely, but you know that.

It's a great vape, I still treasure my 2, and it's still the only conduction vape and one of 2 electric portables I keep out. Everything is packed away. Wild to think I bought it back in 2021 and still enjoy it.
I have been using Budkups with my 2, and no screen in the oven. I tried everthing I could get my hands on, including 3d screens and perforated oven doors from Newvape (costly). The Budkups have been a gamechanger and brought this vape back into rotation. It gives very satisfying conduction sessions now. This discovery took 5 or 6 years (can't recall, its been so long) of Pax ownership to come across. I am amazed at the 2's performance now. The Budkups snap open and shut, no threads. Fantastic!

Looking forward to that review of the Pax mini @Jill NYC - I have been looking for an even smaller device that delivers satisfaction.

thx1138,
Reactions: Jill NYC
I started off my adult reintroduction to cannabis by trying gummy edibles and quickly learned I do not process edibles. I was sure I didn’t want to combust it and was dead set against vaping juice. So that lead me to tinctures and hard candies(sublingually). I was not achieving the relief I needed so I started researching and discovered ( like it was some new thing ) dry flower vaping. That led to my first of many Dynavaps, MAD Heater steams, a Mighty+with dosing caps, and many combination of them all. I find the MAD heater stem w a good tip at half bowl and cap is my go too right now. Occasionally I find myself using my Mighty+ for a stretch here and there but I always end up back w my MAD Heater stem and find it always hits harder and uses less flower than the mighty. The issue is the Mighty+ is a bit big for discrete use especially seeing how against traditionally vaping I have been. ( can’t just pretend it’s a traditional vape). And the Dynavap or MAD Heater w a torch is certainly not discrete to use w the crack pipe type heating it takes. So if I am hanging w friends that don’t partake or know I do, I have to sneak off every few hours to the bathroom w the fan on and sneak a few hits and then pack everything back up and try to hide it and keep it smell free. So I was thinking about an IH. I was holding out for MAD Heaters Sense IH and thought that would help a bit better but that is no longer coming out. And there are so many mixed reviews on the other IHs out there I just can’t justify the money/convenience trade off. It’s bigger than a lighter so harder to hide and the rest of the issues would still remain.

So that is some background, now to the advice.

I am thinking the answer to my needs might be a portable flower vape. Something that’s loaded and ready to go. I could turn it on, palm it and hit it on the go. Smell would be the only concern at that point. So I have been looking at them all and it’s overwhelming at the very least. Opinions are all over and none of them are cheap. I don’t have any issues spending the money but I don’t want to do it more than once. So I am trying to find the best few options for a self contained, easy to load, holds a charge well, small discrete dry flower vape. My research keeps leading me back to a PAX plus. So of the concerns are the charging dongle. Its big and device specific so you have to drag hat along, also the smell. I would want to put it in something for the smell that won't take away the portability of it. And I see there are caps out there for it how well do those work and is there any half bowl caps that can be used with the half pack adapter?

Is there a site that gives good side by side comparisons?

Thanks for taking the time on this long read.

VerticallyChallenged,
Top Bottom