Pax - All Models

bobothevaper

Yeah so I tried again, full charge, packed tight tight tight.... Barely works. There's no way it's user error lol... I feel like people are lying when they say theirs works well I just can't ever see it. Maybe mines not working properly but I'm over this thing. I wouldn't give it to my worse enemy.
Two things. Either the vape is broken or your weed is too dry. It makes no sense that mine works if yours doesn’t. Calling people liars is a weird move.

Is it clean? Like in the vapor path? It needs regular upkeep or it will be clogged.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Yeah so I tried again, full charge, packed tight tight tight.... Barely works. There's no way it's user error lol... I feel like people are lying when they say theirs works well I just can't ever see it. Maybe mines not working properly but I'm over this thing. I wouldn't give it to my worse enemy.
Yeah, we‘re definitely not lying - it is a super easy vape to use and get big clouds. Yours clearly doesn’t work properly.

Good thing Pax 3 has a 10 year warranty - if you are willing to contact them and get an RMA, I am sure you can get one that works.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Two things. Either the vape is broken or your weed is too dry. It makes no sense that mine works if yours doesn’t. Calling people liars is a weird move.

Is it clean? Like in the vapor path? It needs regular upkeep or it will be clogged.
Try different temp settings too. If you have different strains at your disposal then try that too. It is conceivable it could be a bad unit yet I won’t go that far yet. Also, insure it’s fully charged too. Good luck. :peace:

Last edited:

arefx

Try different temp settings too. If you have different strains at your disposal then try that too. It is conceivable it could be a bad unit yet I won’t go that far yet. Also insure its fully charged too. Good luck. :peace:
I've probably tried 10 different strains from it since I first got it. I wasted a lot of weed in it when I first got it. Like I said all my other vapes work great, so I know it's not my flower, which is definitely high quality.

I'm just done wasting my weed trying to get it to work. If it was gonna work it would have by now.

arefx,

Farid

So your weed is getting browned/vaped, you're just not able to get that vapor to your lungs? I assume if you say the weed is "wasted" that it doesn't produce much vapor if you put it in your other vapes after trying it in the PAX?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
If it was gonna work it would have by now.
Exactly!
Clearly, from your other vapes list, you understand when a vape is doing what is is designed to do.

Pax is a foolproof kind of thing.

The Pax3 you have has some problem, but unfortunately complaining here is not fixing it.

The company is very responsive to customer issues, and as mentioned there's a 10 yr warranty. You have nothing to lose but a little postage, eh?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don't think it would be an issue of it being too dirty, if it was not working from the get-go, sounds like some sort of air leak, if it is in fact extracting from the bud in the oven like session conduction should... Definitely seems like a warranty case, unless you want it to be like a micro brownie oven instead?

You either got a lemon, or were sold a fake. If it’s a real Pax3 then it has a 10 yr warrantee. Have you contacted Pax???

archangelz001,

arefx

So your weed is getting browned/vaped, you're just not able to get that vapor to your lungs? I assume if you say the weed is "wasted" that it doesn't produce much vapor if you put it in your other vapes after trying it in the PAX?
Correct. It just kinda makes the weed brown but doesn't really produce much if any vapor lol. I I'll hit up pax and see if they will do a rma.
You either got a lemon, or were sold a fake. If it’s a real Pax3 then it has a 10 yr warrantee. Have you contacted Pax???
It's a legit pax 3 I registered it with them when I first purchased it. I'm going to contact them for a rma. Thanks guys and gals.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

I've got a lot of really nice vapes (Nomad, Crafty+, Grasshopper, Splinter, Imp, Dynavaps, Vapman, Daisy, Angus, TastyTube, plus many, many more). I just got a Pax Plus a week ago and I can't put it down. I love this vape! It heats up quickly enough to almost be on-demand at every battery level, the battery lasts forever, the vapor is not harsh, it's fun to sip, and I can temp step through a bowl quickly without the need for an app. The flavor isn't as good as my convection vapes, but that's it's only weakness, and the flavor's actually pretty good for a conduction vape. The Plus really blows away my old Pax 1 that has been sitting in a drawer since the mouthpiece got stuck years ago. I just wanted to put it out there to all the vape snobs like me that the Pax Plus is actually pretty great and is worth consideration!

bobothevaper

I really like how spliffy is it. I have lods of vapes but none of them can hold a bowl for so long as the Pax. And you can hit it like a spliff. I feel the hate is ridiculous. Fair enough if you don’t like it but it’s great for what it want to be. Not everyone wants to down huge bong rips and die on the couch.

Farid

If you could tale apart the airpath and oven fully, allowing you to deep clean it, it would be miles better. What I dislike about the PAX, DaVinci and other similar vapes is that they can get a foul odor which is difficult to fully get rid of.

Vaporific

If you could tale apart the airpath and oven fully, allowing you to deep clean it, it would be miles better. What I dislike about the PAX, DaVinci and other similar vapes is that they can get a foul odor which is difficult to fully get rid of.
One of the biggest drawbacks with conduction vapes in general, in my opinion, is they smell more than convection. By a lot. Clean the Pax (and similar vapes) as well as you can and, if all else fails, keep it in a ziploc baggie (I do). It’s nice to have the PAX3 as a true grab-and-go vape, baggie and all. Just saying… :peace:

Farid

Yes, but look at other conduction models like the Arizer lineup, Dynavaps, or vapman. All of these can be fully cleaned, and thus do not suffer from this issue. PAX could be made to be the same, and it would fix this problem. Keeping it in a smell proof case or bag doesn't fix it because you still have to put your mouth on it to hit it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What does this mean? :lol:
Like an easy bake oven?
I am liking the sound of that!

Haha basically, it is a little oven, not exactly easy bake since those use a light bulb right? lol if you can google search there was an old reddit post of someone, with imgur photos I believe, who baked a tiny pot brownie in their Pax!

Not everyone wants to down huge bong rips and die on the couch

Yes but that's not the only alternative, I prefer on demand vapes, because it allows me to stretch the session at my leisure instead of feeling like I have to take back to back puffs as if it was a joint, the flavor and efficiency just feel superior for my needs with that style of vaporizer

J.R. Bob Dobbs

I'm with you Shit Snacks, in that I prefer on-demand convection to everything. There's a reason I reach for my Nomad the most of all my vapes! But I was honestly surprised with the Pax Plus how I can turn it on, take a couple of puffs, turn it off, and then repeat whenever I want. Of course the flavor is muted compared to convection, but I think Pax did a great job on heat-up time for the Plus (it takes around 15 sec every time no matter battery level or heat profile), and I read they optimized it to minimize heating when it doesn't sense active movement or inhalation. I don't feel like the Plus sits around and bakes my load as much as the Pax 1 if I don't hit it. But I find my sessions with the Plus are faster than my old Pax 1 sessions and the Plus seems to extract everything more efficiently. I'm using the Plus almost like a middle ground between true session vape and on-demand vape by taking a few puffs here and there and turning it off and it's working really well.

Now if Pax could only make a convection, on demand Pax Plus-sized vape that doesn't smell 😂

bobothevaper

Yes but that's not the only alternative, I prefer on demand vapes, because it allows me to stretch the session at my leisure instead of feeling like I have to take back to back puffs as if it was a joint, the flavor and efficiency just feel superior for my needs with that style of vaporizer
That’s fair. I get it. Each their own. I like the sesh. I feel ondemand vapes are too much work. I need to reload constantly. But I was a heavy smoker tbf before switching so the whole one hit thing is lost on me. I also don’t subscribe to the whole taste aspect. All weed taste awful to me. Like I’ll happily vape and I can tell strains apart but it’s all flower and flower doesn’t taste good like a steak or an apple pie tastes good. I primarily vape to get high. I’m fine with being weird like that. I also have an unlimited supply of weed so not concerned by effeciency. I like a tight mtl draw and I feel the Pax is great for that job. I like the design. No other vape on the market is as sleek as this. But I also have lots of vapes so it’s not like I don’t use other stuff for other jobs. I like the P80 alot. And the Legacy Pro is a fun one. But I will always have my pax and four budkups on me when I leave the house. Would never take the P80 outside for fear of breakage.

Last edited:

Vaporific

I also don’t subscribe to the whole taste aspect. All weed taste awful to me. Like I’ll happily vape and I can tell strains apart but it’s all flower and flower doesn’t taste good like a steak or an apple pie tastes good.
I’m not a medical user either and enjoy getting high. Combusting doesn’t afford you the opportunity to distinguish taste however vaping does (not for everyone though). On low temps with various vapes I have, including the PAX3, I can get some semblance of taste on the first couple of draws. Everything after that it’s all the same to me, like you. There are some very aromatic strains that taste better than others but it’s fleeting for me, usually the first draw or two and then it’s all the same after that until the load is spent. Everyone is different and I empathize a bit with your statement, that’s all. As for the PAX3 it delivers the good fairly well and a great portable for on-the go - even it it smells, lol (see my baggie comment above). First world problems :):peace:

Cereal4dinner

Conduction vapes stink and I hate it lol. Pax 3 isn’t very stealth…. That smell raises alarms way more than the unit it self. It’s a cute little vape and I did use it a lot… but if you’ve got the money for a pax 3 you might as well just get a tiny might.

Cereal4dinner,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
the whole one hit thing is lost on me. I also don’t subscribe to the whole taste aspect. All weed taste awful to me. I primarily vape to get high.[...] I’m fine with being weird like that. I also have an unlimited supply of weed so not concerned by effeciency.
Just out of curiosity, what drew you to dry herb vaping? You listed the primary reasons many people choose vapes over combustion but none of those matter or apply to you. I am not trying to be a jerk, I am genuinely curious.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Madtater

bobothevaper

Just out of curiosity, what drew you to dry herb vaping? You listed the primary reasons many people choose vapes over combustion but none of those matter or apply to you. I am not trying to be a jerk, I am genuinely curious.
Health. i was addicted to tobacco-weed-spliffs. 10 a day. When I got kids I got scared of cancer. I started to grow my own and I’ve since had almost every vape there was chasing that feeling. The closest has been the dynavap but it’s a hassle and then the pax due to the tight draw and the large oven. If I dyna I will pack all my five stems and hit em roght after another. Like shots. And I managed to quit cigarettes which is awesome.

Someone said (i cant add the qoute on the mobile) the pax wasn’t stealthy and that I should get the Tinymight. I just have to say I disagree. I also never liked the Tinymight. I did buy it but sold it again. I don’t like having a vape with such pronounced coil whine so close to my face and teeth. It ruins the whole experience of getting to relax. Also looks much more like something illegal is going on than fisting a pax. And like I said earlier I don’t like the one hit convection concept with the big bong like draws and the constant reloading.

Last edited:
bobothevaper,
Reactions: cx714

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey all :wave:

Pardon the intrusion. It's been brought to my attention that the Pax3 was discontinued and there are two new models the Pax Mini and Pax Plus.

I've heard that the Pax Mini is compatible with my accessories (waterpipe adapter, funnel, Pax caps, Pax scoop-n-tamp tool). But can anyone confirm that the Pax Plus is also compatible? I have a customer asking about the waterpipe adapter and I don't have direct confirmation.

Also is the Pax Plus the same size as the Pax3 or is that larger? Trying to figure out if I need to modify my case

Thank you!

Vaporific

Hey all :wave:

Pardon the intrusion. It's been brought to my attention that the Pax3 was discontinued and there are two new models the Pax Mini and Pax Plus.

I've heard that the Pax Mini is compatible with my accessories (waterpipe adapter, funnel, Pax caps, Pax scoop-n-tamp tool). But can anyone confirm that the Pax Plus is also compatible? I have a customer asking about the waterpipe adapter and I don't have direct confirmation.

Also is the Pax Plus the same size as the Pax3 or is that larger? Trying to figure out if I need to modify my case

Thank you!
Hi! Is that official that it’s discontinued? It was practically a forgone conclusion it would be given the recent sales deals on it. I got mine a month ago directly from Pax.

I won’t dive into comparisons since it’s really not allowed however I have both the PAX3 and Tinymight and the TM doesn’t smell as much as the PAX3. It’s larger than the Pax too and, unless you have a titanium stem, the TM is more prone to breaking with a glass stem (even the short stock one). For portability and stealth sans smell the Pax wins out. But not by much for me since I’m a big native user and have and still use the TM’s short stock stem with a rubber cap when I’m out and about, though the PAX3 serves dutifully (with a ziploc bag to hide the smell) just as well. The Pax is extremely pocket friendly, no two ways about it. They’re two different vapes though and I’m in love with my TM. And now again the PAX3 (long live the PAX3, lol). :peace:

Vaporific,
Top Bottom