Pax - All Models

maremaresing

Thanks for the tips!

No need to use a screen.

Maybe I'll file one of the lids down this weekend to see if it can fit better. Right now they get stuck like a cork if you don't have the screen in place. They go too deep and you need a tool to fish them out again.

maremaresing,
Reactions: Jill NYC

maremaresing

Wait, the fact that they don't drop freely back out, but need to be jerked out every time with a special tool is BY DESIGN?!

maremaresing,

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I remember loving my Pax when it first came out. I've purchased a dozen or more portables over the last decade which have all had their honeymoon phase and some enjoyable experiences only to get put into the " hardly use anymore" category. Now I've come full circle with my Pax 3 and I once again realize why it make for such a great portable. The Tinymight is still my favorite battery powered vape, and the Vapman will forever by at the top of my list, but the pax is my go-to grab and go. Still great...

Madtater

I like my P3, but to me the draw is tight…even loose packed.

Does any of the 3d printed screens, vented oven lids, and pushers actually work to increase ease of draw?

I ordered that stuff in hopes i dont have to purchase another portable, but i fear that the P3 will forever be on my WPA and i will be getting a TM2 or Ruffo.

Suppose we will see……

maremaresing

Is the draw tight even with the flat mp? I find the flat one is wide open, while the raised mp is more for mtl hits.

maremaresing,

bobothevaper

It’s supposed to be a tight draw. It’s a MTL device. I feel the whole balance goes out the window with the vented oven lid. Personal taste I guess but it’s supposed to be tight. Sip it not rip it they say.

maremaresing

True, but it's got the power to rip if that's what you want. Not like some other vapes I wish I could name that can't manage to produce vapor with a conduction design.

@Mattater try the flat mp. Gonna blow your mind. Raised mp is specifically very tight for me too. I like it for mtl, but you know.

edit: Just in case people haven't noticed, the PAX has easy preset load level markers to get the "perfect pack". For half pack, fill the oven up to the plastic funnel bit, not tamped down. Then put the half pack lid in.

For full pack, put enough herb in to fill to the very brim of the area the lid goes into, then use the end of the lid itself to pack all that into the oven. the lid itself is even the perfect size to tamp the oven with.

It's pretty brilliant, and I never understand why people have trouble using and getting good results from the pax.

Last edited:

Madtater

So i tried the flat mp last night. I noticed a tiny bit of difference, but nothing mind blowing. I then cleaned the pathway just to make sure it was not obstructed. Tried it again and same.

So THEN, i read the above post about packing properly (i mostly do half ovens as i am solo most of the time), and that worked noticeably better. I think i may have been packing too much too tight with that damn pax tamp.

So since i was able to fix the draw problem, with the help of everyone here, i figured i would give the WPA a try and see how it did with some glass. I will be honest, that was pretty pleasant. The OGK tasted fantastic. I may actually keep my pax3 as a permanent fixture to my glass because it worked so good.

So thanks everyone for the great pointers.

So THEN, i read the above post about packing properly (i mostly do half ovens as i am solo most of the time), and that worked noticeably better. I think i may have been packing too much too tight with that damn pax tamp.

I find that my Pax3 works most efficiently when I use the half-pack lid, weigh out 0.15 to 0.18gm of medium to fine grind bud. When adding the half-pack lid the ground bud is compacted just about perfectly allowing a decent draw and good clouds of vapor. It's enough for two people to each take 5-7 draws about 5 seconds long before the vapor get whispy and the taste gets burnt popcorny.

mod note: edited to move content outside of quote

Last edited by a moderator:

RedZep

I would actually have a place for a conduction portable with such a large oven. Pressing the MP with your fingers to goggle heat is an awful design choice for me. I'm sure I'm not the only germaphobe in the market either.

RedZep,

maremaresing

No that always horribly bothered me too. Fortunately the smell caps mean I can activate it on the go without something as horrific as touching my fingers to the place my mouth will be.

maremaresing,
Reactions: RedZep

Madtater

So. My 3d oven screens and vented lid came in from CH a few days ago.

I did not notice a difference with the raised mp, so i tried the flat and there was quite a bit of improvement in draw….albeit hot. Gonna mess with the temp today and see. Also going to try the wpa and see if there is a difference there. The temp of draw has definitely jumped up even though i have not messed with the temp at all.

Not sure if the juice was worth the squeeze on the CH pusher/vented lid purchase. The 2 3d screens take up a lot more space in the oven than i would have liked. I also would have liked to see the screw for the lid able to be removed if needed. $50+ for accessories to make something that should have been included originally seems a bit steep on a device that cost me $200 (when i purchased it, i realize it is much cheaper now).

I MAY go buy another stock oven lid and drill it out like the CH vented lid. This way i can use the pusher screw instead of the lid screw. (I love to tinker with stuff). I may not though as i grabbed another portable yesterday. I may just retire the pax permanently.

If i only knew back then what i know (and it isnt much) now……

Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone.

Madtater,

bobothevaper

I didnt like the vented lid either. I use it as intended stock everything but with budkups. I don’t need more airflow. I have other vapes for that. Much easier to load/reload and keep clean with the budkups too.

bobothevaper,

Cereal4dinner

I use the vented oven lid with the pusher and the 3d screen… absolutely love them. The stock screen and oven lids suck ass, bravo to the 3rd party for creating these gems

Cereal4dinner,

arefx

Hey guys so here's my deal, I got a pax 3 a few years ago and was just never happy with it. I tried all the tricks, fine grind tight pack etc and it's just always been an absolutely awful experience I don't think has got me medicated once. I realized my mistake pretty quick and did some research and now Im here obviously years later and with many great vapes.

Now to why I'm in the pax thread again... I just pulled it out of a drawer to see if maybe I was just doing something wrong since I was new to vaping when I first used it and holy shit....

This thing is just as bad IF NOT WORSE as I remember it barely makes any vapor at all, I am just once again so let down. I don't understand how any of you are having luck with the pax, what the fuck am I missing!?

I just want one nice session out of this thing but I don't see it ever happening... But then I see people online say they don't understand the hate and theirs works great when mine doesn't seem to really do much vaporization at all it just roasts weed and wastes it.

If the experience I'm having is really the way it is I don't know how this company didn't immediately go out of business. It just doesn't work well at all.

Edit: for reference my other vapes are mighty, dynavap, butane elev8r, sb Jr., Flip brick, airvape legacy pro, arizer eq, and flowerpot b0, all of those work fantastic. I know pax is a sipper but it barely even gives wisps of vapor, and again like I said before, has never got me stoned.

Last edited:
arefx,

bobothevaper

I don’t know man. I get huge clouds with mine. It doesn’t matter if i go stock or use budkups. I get big clouds everytime. Try to pack it as tight as possible like brick hard and blast on max temp. Take slow sips like you would a cigarette. Works great here.

arefx

I don’t know man. I get huge clouds with mine. It doesn’t matter if i go stock or use budkups. I get big clouds everytime. Try to pack it as tight as possible like brick hard and blast on max temp. Take slow sips like you would a cigarette. Works great here.
:/ I'll try again in a little bit and let you know how it goes. 🤞 I want to like it so bad.

arefx,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
:/ I'll try again in a little bit and let you know how it goes. 🤞 I want to like it so bad.
Also, on top of what @bobothevaper suggests, pack it full enough that the lid is slightly higher than being closed. That way you know it has minimal air.
Once it hits temp, give it another 15 seconds or so before taking your first hit.

If you are still not getting any hits - it sounds like you may have gotten a defective Pax.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Thread newbie here and recently a new PAX3 owner. I had the original Pax which was pretty good until my temp button stopped working and lubricating the old pop-up mouthpiece become a nuisance. I still have it and it works but I can’t change the temp (and the pop-up MP simply lost favor with me).

Fast forward a few years and I got a PAX3 before a recent trip which I brought it on. I gotta say, it worked very well for me right out of the gate. I used the cute little multi tool for packing the oven and used the flat MP. Very good! I liked the extended MP too and figured it has twice as many channels for the vapor and that worked well too! I’m back to the flat one as I needn’t worry about it sticking out while in a pocket - portability is indeed the name of the game with PAX3. I got the temp changing down quickly via the vape (and occasioNmy do so with the app but it’s really not necessary for me). Definitely a tight pack which works really well with the half oven lid (it’s the only one I’ve used; the full oven lid hasn’t been used at all). I gotta say the PAX3 is what the original Pax should’ve been but that’s progress. Oh, and I like the charging cable - much better than the base charger with the flimsy connection underneath. And I really couldn’t resist after all the recent PAX3 sales. Cheers to PAX3! :peace:

EDIT: the multi tool has fallen out of favor already. I have fingers and luckily my pinky works as well - and I can’t lose or forget it :)

arefx

Yeah so I tried again, full charge, packed tight tight tight.... Barely works. There's no way it's user error lol... I feel like people are lying when they say theirs works well I just can't ever see it. Maybe mines not working properly but I'm over this thing. I wouldn't give it to my worse enemy.

arefx,
Top Bottom