Pax - All Models

vapour

Oof so much for hoping for something new from these folks. That announcement is disappointing!

vapour,
Reactions: JCC

Baboose1948

Oof so much for hoping for something new from these folks. That announcement is disappointing!
What is it? Where are you seeing this?

Edit. Never mind. Wtf? A smaller pax? I don't ever recall hear complaints about how massive the pax is. In fact, that's usually the one positive even the most die hard hater will conced to. What a disappointment.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Here‘s what I see so far:

So I am seeing a few differences between Pax 3 and the new Pax Plus:
- heat up time down to 22 sec vs 30 sec
- includes a multi-tool
- new 3-d screen (lays flat now)

The differences between the Plus and Mini:
- Plus has .5 g oven, Mini has .25 g oven
- Plus has options for different ways to have sessions
- Plus has 10 yr warranty, Mini has 2 yr warranty
- Plus has accessories included, Mini does not
- Plus is 101.6mm tall, the Mini is 93mm tall (8.6 mm difference)
- Plus can use concentrates, Mini cannot.

Edited: added dimensions

Last edited:

maremaresing

I'm really judging their marketing dept hard right now. Big release of the "smallest" pax yet but no side by side or explanation of how small it is? The pic of it in the hand makes it look exactly like my pax2.

I am fully down with a smaller pax, as it's already an amazing ultraportable. Smaller oven size and faster warmup would be great. But my Pax2 already has a great oven size with the half pack lid.

Color is another thing. I'd snap up a mini to try if it came in that purple color. But nope.

This is okay. The mini serves what the pax2 served before in price and features, the plus is basically a pax3. So nothing different, which is *fine* but they really needed to change things to keep up with the market. I'd been holding off on a TM2 or Roffu to see what pax would put out...

edit:
Shamefully cross posting where someone has a side by side picture. They also say the Mini has ONLY ONE TEMP MODE AND ITS NOT HOT ENOUGH ARE YOU EVEN SERIOUS RIGHT NOW.
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/yj9bva

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
They also say the Mini has ONLY ONE TEMP MODE AND ITS NOT HOT ENOUGH ARE YOU EVEN SERIOUS RIGHT NOW.
I bet it's the "medium" temperature which is 380°F

Hmmm, well that would be a deal breaker for me. I love me some temp stepping, what’s the point of a session vape without it? But until I hear something definitive, I am choosing not to believe PAX could be so short sited.

I do like the smaller oven and the new screen looks very promising.
And @maremaresing - agreed, the purple looks fantastic. Too bad it isn’t available in mini, but I’m sure down the road they will expand colors.

florduh

Really disappointing update from Pax, given how much of the market they control. I was hoping they'd put out something more likely to convert folks to dry herb vaping. Maybe a well put together convection device.

While I've never met a person in real life who vapes dry herb, I've met plenty who tell me "Yeah I tried vaping dry herb in a Pax. It sucked/tasted bad. So now I just smoke or use carts."

3dayphunk

Here it is! New Pax flower devices! Just got this email:

Untitled.png

kadjo

Nothing Innovative here. Hoped with all this time they'd make something not just 2.5 and 3.5 it.

Will not buy this one...

Pax has def followed the apple model and will def sell a ton of these to people who don't know better. Hats off to them for that business savvy.

JCC

I recall that in 2020, PAX announced that the Era Pro battery met UL's industry-voluntary e-cig/vape electrical standard.

Are the new PAX vapes also UL 8139 compliant? I could see trading that for the Bluetooth foolishness, and it would secure PAX's reputation as the safe alternative to all else in the average smoke shop. If they didn't...not my circus, not my monkeys.

topographic,

Squidge

Butane powered
First time I've seen "number of units sold" of any manufacturer, 7 million is impressive, more so than the new devices, cheers!

The new Pax vapes are the Nespresso of getting high

To develop the updated hardware, Pax’s in-house design team interviewed some of the customers behind the 7 million vaporizers it’s sold to date. They asked for a machine they could pack less full and clean more easily.

But Nespresso is a shit machine with shit coffee - why da fug would you want to associate yourselves with them?

Because both are designed for people who don't know any better and think using a good device is too much effort, but are impressed by the shape/colour and huge advertising budget?

Satchmo

The new 3D screen has vents which may give it better airflow. I've been waiting for the new pax vapes to drop and other than the possibility of better airflow I see no reason to get one.

Top Bottom