• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pax - All Models

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Anyone know of anyone discounting the Pax Mini?
I think I may pull the trigger if I can get a deal.

Jill NYC,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I'm curious as to why? Seems unable to fully extract at its singular middling temp setting..
I really like the effects I get from my Pax 3.
After all these years and all the different vapes I own, it hits me in a way that no other vape has been able to replicate.

And since it’s conduction, I am hoping the longer I leave it on, the hotter it will get and possibly extract much more than other vapes.
Also, I haven’t actually seen any first hand reviews of it - so not really sure what it is capable of yet.

When I used to use the app (no longer have access and was usually too lazy to control from my phone anyway) I enjoyed the different programmed settings. One of the settings basically auto temp stepped, which is what I am hoping they used for the Mini.

I also am interested to see how the smaller oven treats the herb.

If I could get one for the $130 range, I think it’s worth the risk to try out.

Oh, and I am a sucker and need to stop spending $$ on this ”hobby” but there are no 12 step programs for the VAS.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
One of the settings basically auto temp stepped, which is what I am hoping they used for the Mini

Thanks! This one I am not so sure about, I would research further, because it really seemed like the mini was simpler with just one 380F setting, I'm very curious what the benefit would be as it seems like a total step down from Pax3 (so let us know if you succumb to this vas how it compares!)

3dayphunk

Anyone know of anyone discounting the Pax Mini?
I think I may pull the trigger if I can get a deal.

I doubt it since they're so new and they're obviously trying to unload all the Pax 2 and 3 inventory with the sale over the already marked down prices this weekend. Would love to be surprised with some sort of discount off the Mini or the Plus, as I'm looking to try one too. So please share if you do get one. I'm leaning toward the Plus currently.

3dayphunk,
Reactions: Jill NYC

3dayphunk

Anyone come across a Pax Plus on sale this weekend?

If I can find any sort of discount, I'm likely to pull the trigger as I'm due for an flower upgrade.

3dayphunk,

3dayphunk

Found a deal for a Pax Plus. Vape-smart.com has the the periwinkle and elderberry colors marked down from $250 to $225. Then get another 10% with code TVG10. So you end up at $202.50 shipped/total.

maremaresing

I really like the effects I get from my Pax 3.
After all these years and all the different vapes I own, it hits me in a way that no other vape has been able to replicate.

I feel the same about my Pax 2 after a year.

-It has great flavor
-Non restrictive easy airflow with the flat mp
-Cool vapor due to the long airpath
-Easy cleaning
-Easy to load with a built in "scoop" and built in markers for the perfect pack and built in tamp tool
-Long battery life
-Ultra portable size

And most important

-AMAZING handfeel. It's so nice to flip and roll around your hands. Very tactile.

I feel like nothing they just released improves on the Pax 2 in any way. The mini shouldn't have kept the 18650. I'd like a truly mini that uses 18500 or pouch batteries, and is way shorter. The built in half pack design is fine, and I do actually only ever use the 3 petal mode. Not a fan of temp stepping in anything.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
My OG Pax ( first version ) by Ploom is still working properly and I use it occasionally in rotation and still love it. But I couldn't resist the great pricing on the Pax3 kit and figured I would take a chance. Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to be much of a different but to my surprise it is noticeably better. It still has everything I loved about the OG but it's quicker, better flavor, better size and battery, and software features that make for an all around nicer experience. Now I can gift my original to a friend who always loved it and doesn't have a vape.:cheers:

thx1138

no markdown at vape-smart.com now, but the code TVG10 still works, anyone here ordered from this site?
edit - on second thought, I'll just go to Pax directly and not worry about it

thx1138,

3dayphunk

no markdown at vape-smart.com now, but the code TVG10 still works, anyone here ordered from this site?
edit - on second thought, I'll just go to Pax directly and not worry about it

Yes, I ordered the blue Plus with that discount ($202.50 total) and got it yesterday! I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

thx1138

thx1138,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Pax mini available as well for 112 after discount
Thanks! Just ordered one from them. It wasn’t quite that low but with tax and shipping (splurged for the faster option), it cost me $125.

Apparently I have an account with them, I even had some points for an extra few $$ off. I must have ordered from them before, but cannot recall what/when. :lol:

thx1138

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I never was able to get budkups to work properly. I get so much better flavor and efficiency out of the halfpack lid. Shame, because it's a cool idea.
I use it w/o the screen in the bottom. There are little dimples in the corners of the bud kup capsule that keep it elevated off of the oven floor. Also, I couldn't get the lid to sit in place properly with the screen in place while using the bud kup. I hope that helps.

thx1138,

Baboose1948

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I never was able to get budkups to work properly. I get so much better flavor and efficiency out of the halfpack lid. Shame, because it's a cool idea.
I've never liked the budkups. I too get much better results with a half pack lid and tight pack.

On another note, I've started using the raised mouth piece out of the blue and actually like it. From the moment I tried the flat mouth piece on the 2, I put away my raised MP's and never looked back. For whatever reason, I broke one out the other day a popped it on my 3 and have had it on ever since.

Don't ever let anyone tell you people can't change.

bobothevaper

Just picked up this smell proof and water tight case with stash compartment from Amazon

works way better than expected and was well thought out. It even holds a number of bud kups in the stash container

the combo has given my Pax - which is my best vape for stealth while out and about, a whole new lease on life
I have the same case and also use budkups. I love that setup. Budkups are for real.

bobothevaper,

maremaresing

I use it w/o the screen in the bottom. There are little dimples in the corners of the bud kup capsule that keep it elevated off of the oven floor. Also, I couldn't get the lid to sit in place properly with the screen in place while using the bud kup. I hope that helps.

Can't. On the pax 2 they get jammed in there if you don't have the screen and you have to use the tool to get them out. It fits right with the screenplate in place, and seems flush. I just found they added bad flavor and i got way less than I think I should out of the pack.

Would love if you could explain how you are using and packing it. It's going to be my ski and hike vape this winter, and being able to carry pods would rule.

I've never liked the budkups. I too get much better results with a half pack lid and tight pack.

On another note, I've started using the raised mouth piece out of the blue and actually like it. From the moment I tried the flat mouth piece on the 2, I put away my raised MP's and never looked back. For whatever reason, I broke one out the other day a popped it on my 3 and have had it on ever since.

Don't ever let anyone tell you people can't change.

Raised MP is nice. More restriction for mtl puffs. I like the wide open airflow of the flat mp, but on the go having the raised mp with the rubber end caps works best for being absolutely sure I'm keeping the mp sanitary.

bobothevaper

Would love if you could explain how you are using and packing it.

Grind it very fine. You can grind upside down if your grinder doesn’t have a fine plate.

Pack the kups hard like a brick.

No need to use a screen.

Use it on the highest setting.

I get consistent great results every time.

bobothevaper,
Top Bottom