On Patents and Induction Heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
I need to go file a patent on the 510 MFLB adapter LOL That's where I was going @scy123 .
Yes, patent law is cut-throat. That is why you want the piece of paper if you actually got something to protect.

LMAO you are going to patent something I release to public domain 4 years ago?

COME I WOULD LOVE IT COME OMG COME

JUST COME

scy123,

scy123

Say the guy who built it and offered to build it for other people and guide them through building it

And brag about it.

I thought you were offering me a good time though

COME AND PATENT MY PUBLIC DOMAIN

scy123,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I will always thank you for outing the TMII. Still love user mode temp control on a Launch Box.
And so does one other. We were making a market for you. You choked @scy123 .

But I have to reconsider providing credit as I don't know that you didn't get the concept from someone else's efforts.
Your participation in this thread has me questioning your inventor-claim. I'll claim -prior art- as the inventor which is true.
Of course to say I am not the inventor of the idea - yet, I am the inventor of the TMII's tank mod. I have always claimed that as my implementation of -prior art-.

TommyDee,

scy123

The thread even shows how I guided you trough making it lmao.

And I have other post from 4 years ago with same basic ideas and guides.

You thought DynaVap had the induction heater patent, so I don’t think I have to defend myself further.

Edit~ I dont even care about the idea, which is why i released guides lmao.

scy123,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
This thread is hilarious,please dont stop guys. Some comedian should do an act on the patent law subject.
As far as DV as a company ,i think they have zero interest in keeping anyone from making accessories for their vaporizers. I dont think they could satisfy the market if there were the only manufacturer. It took them years to put on on the market and it was Meh... and also why stop the research and development of this application of IH technology from third parties which happens for free :D..

As for the MFLB 510 adapter,dont know how old are your ideas,but those were avaiable for sale in 2018.
IMG_0457.JPG
@VGOODIEZ Moderators here have a lot of experience with this kind of situations ,so kudos to forseeing this and getting it out of the the thread on time. It has been a few time that i myself have found some decisions strange,but after a while i realize that they did the right thing, those guys are just wiser than me i guess.. :)
1631248770802.png

Last edited:

scy123

https://www.reddit.com/r/mflb/comments/5om1e9
sniped, plus my idea was for a wireless adaptor

The shit was public domain for 5 years and he was joking about patent it cause he made one LMAO

I am still waiting for you to patent it.

I am just gonna end this with that, he don't even know that he can't patent my idea I release 5 years ago.

Their is even a digital trail of me teaching him how to make it LMAO

No point arguing, throwing off my balance with that.

Last edited:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Don't see the issue here, especially for something so obvious.

What a surprise?

Huh? I was never upset for DV. Cant speak for others though. This is about one crooked company, located on planet earth. Simple as that. Where is the hypocrisy?

Happy to hear that. But it's quite an understatement, to say that they're just having reaction issues.

Looks like it could be our problem then, on a community level? Of the possibly thousands of Chinese suppliers, we chose this one? I bet there are a ton, who would not blatantly disrespect their customers/ community they serve.

There are too many alternatives imo based on logic alone. Is it not still a buyers market, when buying from China?

No reason to close this thread imo. I'd like to be reminded of who vapingfans really are, in case i forget it down the road lol. I won't be giving them a cent, and will try to avoid companies who do.
I'm sorry were you under the impression I am defending these guys? I stopped (stopping) carrying them but not because of the bullshit brought up to start this thread. It's because of how my questions were answered and how my first order went.

You seem pretty amped up to have everyone boycott them but save your energy as they supply most of the industry and make up a huge chunk of some of the popular retailer's/reviewers business. Has everyone been buying this stuff and not noticed?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
https://www.reddit.com/r/mflb/comments/5om1e9
sniped, plus my idea was for a wireless adaptor

The shit was public domain for 5 years and he was joking about patent it cause he made one LMAO

I am still waiting for you to patent it.

I am just gonna end this with that, he don't even know that he can't patent my idea I release 5 years ago.

Their is even a digital trail of me teaching him how to make it LMAO

No point arguing, throwing off my balance with that.
How does this prove you didn't rip it off from someone else?

TommyDee,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb

scy123

It don’t but It proves that it was in public domain for at least 5 years, so you can’t patent it.

You can try if you want though. You know my feelings on that subject.

scy123,

Vasgas

:lol: I'm sorry were you under the impression I am defending these guys? I stopped (stopping) carrying them but not because of the bullshit brought up to start this thread. It's because of how my questions were answered and how my first order went.
I'm sorry. Regardless of what I meant, I was way off topic and I apologized (apologizing).

You seem pretty amped up to have everyone boycott them but save your energy as they supply most of the industry and make up a huge chunk of some of the popular retailer's/reviewers business. Has everyone been buying this stuff and not noticed?
How would we know if we're neither a popular retailer or reviewer? What stuff are we talking about?

I was pretty amped up after seeing the level of cockiness and disrespect being shown. I have no clout whatsoever to organize any kinda boycott. I'm aware of how insignificant I am. I know I'm not causing even a dent. Am just a poor soul with vas, who joined a forum.

But thats me. So you're absolutely right that i should save my energy. You, on the other hand, are a public figure who commands respect in the community. You gave us the DCE for petes sake lol. So if you know anything else we don't, do share. I believe it will make a difference. Knowledge is power :lol:

Vasgas,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Did you not read my reply @scy123 ? I was joking - it is not worth a patent or all the drama. Isn't that what this thread is about?

And BTW; I modded that tank the day I got it. You never understood the intricacies of what I did. I asked a lot of questions about the TMII, not the adapter.

TommyDee,

scy123

Is this not the same situation Pipes is facing?

plus you say a lot of dumb shit.

I don’t even take your word on anything anymore.

Last edited:
scy123,
  • Love
Reactions: arb

scy123

I don’t want to bring him into this, I just wanted to mention him.

I will end this with this though.

Is that not Pipes ideas being patented 4 years after it was released into public domain. By someone not Pipes?

Last edited:
scy123,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Its not about that patent - that's what I've been trying to tell you, whoever gives a shit.
This conversation spawned out of a comment about knowing the origin of the tech that has flooded the market, from China, since Orion was introduced. Tech that has a signature of its own, its own tell if you will. - I know its Dynatec's tech for better or for worse. Believe me or deny me, but don't make it about law - the last stand we can make to not have these things happened is to not support the behavior. Yea right!
I'd be happy to point out these tells, but first you have to give a shit like I do. That ain't many of you in this thread. Most of my replies are simply ignored because they get in the way or restated in a reflective pose. This one will too no doubt.

@scy123 - I will apologize to you for what I just put you through. That's what @kel pulled off, made about something else. Of course other don't need to be brought into this pointless conversation. Of course I'll respect you inventorship. We don't have a problem that I know of. I've always respected the help and the possibilities that have come from it. I'm as disappointed as you as to the lack of participation.

Can't people just accept the fact that I cannot spend money on things that in my heart I know is not from an honorable source? Prove me wrong already; show me how the circuit is demonstrably different from the Orion V1. I knew the first clone the moment I saw the picture of the insides and talked to Chris. Time will tell if this is a direct result of Dynavap going to China or not regardless of what all this bullshit is about.

It is up to none of you to determine what my morals stand for! I can tell you there is no Dynamag holding it steady.

TommyDee,

scy123

DynaVap stole the tech from the chinese induction heater that used it years before DynaVap though.

Edit - and it’s a common asss tech everyone uses.

Edit - and no one is stealing anything, everything I seen in this thread is common ass tech everyone uses.

That patent is probably guilty of trying to steal though.

MAN do you even read and understand the post by other members? I feel like I have to inject you information that was posted before.

EDIT: oh shit I witnessed this before and got kinda sucker this time, you just try to ask a lot of dumb questions and reply with dumb answers.

Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Wow... still going...

He's the Duracell Energiser Bunny of Patent Trolls - aside from the serious aspect to this thread I haven't laughed this much since - fuck knows!!!

energizer bunny 90s GIF

I think the thread should remain open too, there's plenty to discuss beyond the matter that started it all and it's fast becoming a daily driver of my humour circuits 😂

As a general observation, I have tried and failed (maybe my search fu is off today?) to find companies filing for bankruptcy citing cheaper clones as a reason, does anyone know of any real world examples, I feel if this is such a massive problem there should be thousands and there should be some of those blog posts, you know, the ones that have titles like '35 awesome companies that were destroyed by cheap clones', etc.

I think the following are truisms:

1) People who don't buy cheap knockoffs don't ever buy cheap knockoffs, they have brand loyalty and/or appreciate quality

2) Many people who do buy cheap knockoffs were probably never going to buy the original item anyway

or

3) After they have bought the cheap knockoff, they end up buying the original because it gave them a taste and they realise they wanted a better version

4) We are all VAS sufferers and will probably end up with both the knock-off and the original and all the other variants and curiosities anyway? 😂

5) Every device in the world promotes further purchases, builds awareness of the scene and generally just contributes to the economy

There's more, but overall I just don't really believe that the knock-off market is as damaging as some people make out... in fact I have a sneaky suspicion that it actually helps everyone in the long run.

==

Just to prove what an anti-social aggressive and manipulative troll Mr. Dee is being, I am reiterating the three posts that started this discussion...

Please pay careful attention to who brought up patents... hint: it wasn't me!

But apparently I twisted poor Mr. Dee's position into something it wasn't - this is absolutely batshit crazy:

I love the formfactor and I hate the fact that the tech is stolen from DV.

Although I have no love for the Orion, there is still that moral obligation to not buy stolen shit.

Oooh a bit of drama, I am very curious, I have no idea what this is about.

Would someone please explain what the tech actually is that is stolen?

edit: I am only asking because I really can't see what tech Dynavap invented here, I just see that they put a bunch of already very well established tech together to suit this specific purpose... am I wrong?

Induction heating
Batteries
Battery management
Intrusion detection (I know this isn't right but it was the closest thing I could think of)
Plastic moulding
Buttons

I can't think of anything else... anyone?

Also... did they invent the stem and all third party stems are theft too?

Also also... what constitutes true invention? Are we all not 'standing on the shoulders of giants'?

The magnetic reed switch that George owns a patent on.

Remember when Dynatec had trouble getting chokes/inductors for the V2 Orion release? China was building and shipping the clone Orions with the shorted pieces. These are the people purchases support.

I have a soft spot for patent infringement. This is where I draw my moral line.

and today...

Its not about that patent - that's what I've been trying to tell you, whoever gives a shit.

I am crying with laughter... the posts are there for anyone to go back and check for themselves at the beginning of this thread!

I am at this point starting to feel guilty for questioning the accusations of theft, I mean is there a problem we don't know about that should encourage empathy?

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@TommyDee you bought an Alpine with little regard for the work put in by Pipes.
They ripped his design off, aside from the coil switch which was part of the pcb. The whole heater configuration is a blatant copy.
There were plenty of pictures of the heater in the public domain.

I have a UFO enroute and I will strip it down and see how much of a similarity there is between it and the Orion with regard to the pcb components.

The ones I would say are looking to be copies are the WDLX and the Yllvape. From the pictures I've seen their pcb layouts are too close for comfort.
Yllvape have added a temp control pcb.
Toggengear have a rebrand Yllvape coming out as well.

It's no secret knock offs are made and they are made at the request of retailers. You can't fault the manufacturers as they have overheads to pay.
The retailers are the ones at fault especially when they send another man's work directly to the company to copy.

A bad part of being on the manufacturer side of the fence is you get to find out about the nefarious actions taken by 'trusted' members of the vaping community.

Patents are only as good as the defence needed to back them up.
Companies can send out as many 'cease and desist' letters or threats in private messages to try and bully people into submission but in the end they mean nothing without actions and only make the company look foolish.

arb

Semi shaved ape
The vape industry seems to consist of a few extremely talented and honest makers and the rest are either middlemen,compensated reviewers or copycats who cannot come up with a idea on their own........more middling of Dhgate parts.
Best to just buy direct from the maker if at all possible and maybe check Dhgate so you can at least see the reality of it.
I keep hearing the qc is done by the middles but really don't see that in their products.
I am starting to suspect qc means not shattered or obviously leaking something and has little to do with any actual quality.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Short on time so will address some reports here in one post.

First off, I am absolutely SHOCKED a moderator chose to make this a new thread

IMO this thread should be closed now. Again I question why it was opened with the conjecture provided.
Referencing the following rule isn't something I enjoy doing. However, a retailer (especially one that also happens to be selling a product referenced in this discussion) should really not be doing this.

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.

---

To all: Please keep in mind that there were years where we didn't allow retailers to participate in any discussions outside of a commercial thread. The inherent conflict of interest doesn't jive with the pro-end-user focus this site has always had. We've had some truly amazing retailers here over the years, which prompted us to adapt somewhat and make what I feel was a worthwhile tradeoff. The focus has always been the same however. Sorry for going off on a tangent here. It was a driving force behind this site's creation and it means a lot to me.

Since I'm already pretty much banned, I'll talk of moderation. (In violation of the rules.)
Sadly this is just one more example of why you've had action taken against your account. I've been hoping that you'd eventually come around and see the generous opportunity you've been given to become part of the discussions here again.

plus you say a lot of dumb shit.
This is simply not needed and goes against our be nice rules.

---

This thread is currently about three times longer than the one that prompted it. That says something about how important the discussion is to the people participating and I hope that we can keep it productive and positive.

Please do your part. Please be nice to each other. Thank you. :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom