Omnivap XL and Apollo 2 IH

Can anyone help me out ?? I have a Dynavap Omnivap XL titanium and an Apollo 2 induction heater . I seem to be getting 2-3 hits from each cap and I can’t understand how people get way more than that as it’s borderline burnt after approx the 3rd hit for me depending on the weed. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated I ’s the captive cap too if that helps :)

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I don't have either of those sorry, so I can't answer your question directly.

Could be your cap, as there can be some manufacturing variances. Maybe your apollo 2 is tuned aggressively.

If you ask your question in the dynavap thread you may get a wider audience.

+ welcome to the forum! :spliff:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Don't have a Omni but I do have a 5 fin titanium tip and first generation Apollo. Do you go past the click at all? How big are your hits, the full volume of your lungs? What is your definition of burnt? Dark brown or black?

If I'm cloud chasing and heating aggressive I get 3-4 full lung hits before vapour stop's , very dark brown avb. IH can be a little misleading at times, looking at the top of the bowl doesn't always mean the load is that color all the way through because the top gets darker faster at least with my Apollo.

Don't have a Omni but I do have a 5 fin titanium tip and first generation Apollo. Do you go past the click at all? How big are your hits, the full volume of your lungs? What is your definition of burnt? Dark brown or black?

If I'm cloud chasing and heating aggressive I get 3-4 full lung hits before vapour stop's , very dark brown avb. IH can be a little misleading at times, looking at the top of the bowl doesn't always mean the load is that color all the way through because the top gets darker faster at least with my Apollo.
Hi sorry only replying now had phone troubles, and thanks for getting back to me ..but no I never go past the click at all and nornally my first his is taste with small vapor the second would be the biggest hit and the turn not so far behind but anything after that starts to have the burnt taste, it’s a relatively new captive cap but it has fallen a few times so I’m thinking the thermostat inside might be f#cked. I sent my first Apollo 2 back as it was tuned to aggressively. But just wondering how people can be getting 5-6 seems impossible

Vapormarsh,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
You might be a flavour chaser?!? Some people are more sensitive than others to the latter half of the bowl which some people say has a burnt popcorn taste but to me it is more unsalted unsweetened peanut butter and black coffee which I don't mind but I agree it's not as nice as the first few hits

Vaporware

The cheapest way for you to get a cooler hit would be to buy a Low Temp Cap (or just don’t wait for the click and time it yourself so you pull it out a little before the click).

The cheapest way to get the lid cooked more evenly would be to activate and deactivate your IH every second or two until it clicks. If you’re already getting pretty even results don’t worry about this, but if it’s darker on the outside than in the middle it may be worth a try.

I just talked a little more about that and other IHs in the VapCap thread too.

Hope that helps! Flavor on anything heated by conduction will suffer over the course of a bowl, but it is possible to fully extract with a VapCap without ever getting a very bad tasting draw. That’s harder if you take a bunch of hits instead of going for super fast extraction, but it’s possible either way.

That said, it is easy enough to push it too hard and get some bad taste going. It’s still okay to keep going if you’re not actually combusting, but the taste will probably be off for the rest of the bowl.

Oh, and if you do combust you should clean the whole thing because it will taste smokey for a while if you don’t!

Top Bottom