• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

And yes - the blue dream supermelt from harborside is one of my consistent favorites. Tastes great, melts well. Mmmmm. Their afgooey supermelt is the indica equivalent if you ask me, it is just as wonderful but with the heavier indica effect. Lovely, just lovely. :D

Hey, thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Hey, thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out.

OF

I also recommend their J-1 oil if they have any left, it might be messy at regular omicron power levels but in a 2.4 ohm cart at 7.4v it just doesn't quit! Tested something like 70% too if I'm not mistaken, not bad for $30/gram :brow:

JoeKickass,

druminfected

Just wanted to share with you my LED light mod for looking into the cartridge. I tried using a small pocket LED handheld, but the spectrum was to wide, and couldn't see very good inside the cart. So I bought a 3mm LED with resistor on it, and it needs 12volts to power it so just took 8, 1.5v LR44 batteries and stacked them together parallel and hooked the red to positive and black to negative. It works great, but you could go further and get a battery snap with switch.

I can post a link where I got this led with resistor, it was under 2$. I thought the 3mm would be small enough to fit past the bridge, but it's still to big, but at least you can see great inside the cartridge. I'm going to order a 1mm LED light next and try that next and report back.

n20rjd.jpg

druminfected,

ganjapharma

wanted to pop in here and say that the 1.5ohm cart in my omicron works great!
it was gathering dust since i got my persei but the persei is actually a bit MUCH for certain situations. a restaurant bathroom stall for instance. got my hands on the new omi and the 1.5 cart, filled her up and without any priming got a gorgeous cloud right away. no "fluting" required, very nice.​
also, i ran the cart in my old omicron, the new one looks like a tiny persei though, and 2 batteries...very cool. would definitely do the trade in if i didnt have the persei just cuz it looks cool and no more bunko charger... though i have had some great practice with my soldering iron, i wont miss that!​
anyway, great luck with the 1.5 and the extra output seems to reduce leaking and clogging.​

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
so how have people fared using the adaptors from the gentleman's brand website? they work right? i need 1 or 2 and i guess that's where im headed.....
i got screwed twice personally from GV. got mine here http://www.electronic-cigz.com/510tom6ad.html as well as a few others. worked perfectly. save urself the headache. make sure you choose the right model. 510 to m601. 'course if ya got the dough go omicron or persei and get the warranty as well. support the company bringing the tech.

Uce

Reggae boomblasta slowvapor coughfasta
Got my adapters from gv the work great locks and loaded... Literally.. Hahah

Uce,

OF

Got my adapters from gv the work great locks and loaded... Literally.. Hahah

Great. The alternatives to 'working well' are not as good and to be avoided. I too have used the units Bob suggests, as have others. I don't recall any reports of any problems there, something that can not be said of GV's unit. Several guys seem to have had issues with them (all resolved finally?). There's probably little risk of problems with GV (although there have been a report or two) and if there is it's likely to get quickly resolved (again it seems not 100% of the time?), but the risk seems avoidable by vendor selection?

OF

OF,

mephisto

OF you are correct, I have selected not to get boned by the vendor anymore.....
No response to my e-mails from GV concerning replacement adapters. The nice
vendors elsewhere have stepped up and supplied the needed gear. So all issues
have been addressed, just not by the vendor who originally took my cash....
At this point, it would seem that GV has filled their "niche" now back to our
regularly scheduled vaporizer!

Uce

Yea using omi carts on big units like my silver bullet I'm on dayy on end till I have to recharge plenty of adapter and carts to go around..I love the omicron don't get me wrong..but wen I know I can do better I doit!!haha but

Uce,

Uce

Kertong wat it iz man!!!??? Haha yu hot the perse how's that treatn ya? I'm using the silver bullet gettn milky vape all day

Uce,

kertong

*please delete me*
Hey Uce, nice to see you here man! We gotta meet up for a sesh one of these days. :)

I ended up returning the persei - when it worked, the hits were *awesome* and got me medicated to where I needed to be instantly! But it killed a lot of my carts, I had problems with the mouthpieces and carts clogging even more than in the omi.. on top of which I didn't want to hvae to buy multiple sets of 1.5, 2.4, 4, 5ohm carts (I'm a hoarder, I have a nice collection of 30+ carts with ~.4-.5g of extract in it.. in case mmj here ever gets shut down, it should last me a nice while). Just went back to the omicron and got a DBV to get me way medicated :D Still loving the omicron for its simplicity and "set it and forget it" attitude, rather than having to be conscientious of what battery combo / ohm cart / head config i'm using...

Blue Dream

I'm having trouble getting good hits from my Omi v2. I'm currently using a good 2.4 cart and I'm using King OG wax. This is my second cart with the King OG, with me reclaiming the the wax from the first cart.

Blue Dream,

Uce

Kertong man that's how I felt about the omi when my batts were faulty and I couldn't vape my oils. I just went to ego got alil ghetto with it hahaha...but then discovered that they had adapters for the omi carts I was just using Egot attys l.r...now
I'm sittn on cloud 9 with my sb..it's 18650 3600mah I'm good bouta week with each batt ona single charge...yu still got my email? Man if the mj clubs ever did man just get at cha uce ;D yu know!! Hahaha fuck it man better to get it from the source hahaha

Uce,

Authentic

Persei abuser
LA peeps!!
From time to time, I've seen users asking for a great place to get concentrates for the Omicron. I found a place in downtown called ECHC that sells PureGold for $27!! The catch is, you gotta buy 3 because it's actually a "buy two get one free" deal so you need to buy 2 at $40 each, then the 3rd is free.

I've been vaping PureGold exclusively on the Omicron for a few months now. I only wish each half gram would last longer. Would a 3ohm cart make my PG last longer? (smaller clouds)

Authentic,

Uce

Blue dream.. I'd suggest maybe pulling EVEN SLLOOWWER then what you would
Even concider slow would be, but make sure to keep consistent air flow goin through and you
Should with out a dout get ripped..but if not yu can take a eye glass dropper the ones you'd buy at Walgreens
Shove it upwards into the bottom of the ruuber mouth piece and push it thru till the top of the dropper should fit and rest with the rubber cap snug inside.
That way you can monitor your vape..
I currently using this because I'm constantly showing people this omicron I should be getting sponsors hahaha jkjk

Uce

It's so easy to make pure gold it's not even funny..but that's side talk I hate the way they price stuf like that out...Kertong!!!!what you doin for 420? Hippyhill n sf at golden gate park you gotta try to make it bro!!! Haha everybody envited!!!!

Uce,

StickyShisha2

i love PureGold. this is a good description OF posted in another thread
It's a highly refined oil, up to 90% active chemicals total, THC over 70%. I understand it's basically distilled out (like vaporizing in a vacuum), not solvent refined like hashes. It's quite thin (like honey sort of), feeds real well, hits like a truck with bad brakes. Only one maker, south SF bay area. Expensive, usually $40 for a half gram soft capsule that looks like a vitamin E pill with a tit on one end. It's a sole source, dispensary only deal AFAIK although there is a 'clone'.

Shows the package doing 'nail hits'

http://tetralabs.com/puregold.php
Makers site

https://www.stickyguide.com/dispensaries/sparc/products/pure-gold-hash-oil
One of the many places selling it.

OF

StickyShisha2,

JoeKickass

is pure gold a bho?

Apparently it actually starts as a bho: http://tetralabs.com/puregold_technical.php

TetraLabs said:
Using only heat, pressure, centrifugation and other physical methods, we isolate and remove each of the groups of undesirable compounds shown in the diagram above of essential oils. Only the cannabinoids and trace amounts of sesquiterpenes and pigments remain, as shown in the following diagram...

...Purification takes about three weeks, utilizing advanced equipment and skilled personnel...

...Regardless of the material given to us, finished batches of PureGold are nearly identical. More specifically, the relative percentages of the various cannabinoids vary insubstantially from batch to batch.

Pretty impressive,

so uce how easy is it to make PureGold?

EDIT:
i love PureGold. this is a good description
Hahaha great video

JoeKickass,

kertong

*please delete me*
@Uce: awww yeah, I'll def. be at hippy hill with my 215 card and omicron and MFLB (along with all the carts!). I'll shoot you an email, we'll have to meet up there :D

As for the PureGold stuff, not sure how "easy" it is to make but I've read that it's basically fractional distillation. I'm no lab rat/chemist so a lot of that is beyond me, but I gather you need some sort of column of glass to evaporate the flowers at diff temps to let specific vapors condense onto the glass? The hypercritical/CO2 stuff seemed pretty impossible to do at home (unless you have a knack for building vessels that can sustain 3000+ psi), but fractional distillation seems doable...

Of course, this is all something I've gleaned with cursory google searching, so if I'm wrong somebody please educate me.. if fractional distillation really is as "accessible" as it sounds, I might want to give it a try :D

kertong,

OF

As for the PureGold stuff, not sure how "easy" it is to make but I've read that it's basically fractional distillation. I'm no lab rat/chemist so a lot of that is beyond me, but I gather you need some sort of column of glass to evaporate the flowers at diff temps to let specific vapors condense onto the glass?

Of course, this is all something I've gleaned with cursory google searching, so if I'm wrong somebody please educate me.. if fractional distillation really is as "accessible" as it sounds, I might want to give it a try :D

This is my understanding as well, only they start process with other concentrates not directly from flowers. They claim 'no solvents' used in their process, but they are basically letting others do that part. The problem is the 'soup' of extracts has a bunch of stuff we don't really want. It looks like they take care of this through a whole series of processing. One might be to heat it and force it through a filter under pressure. Another might be an activated charcoal processing, another freezing out some fraction of what's left. This is probably why it takes 3 weeks a batch, the stuff isn't being aged like wine after all. In there somewhere it fractional distillation. The key being fractional. It's not like making moonshine, it's more like making gasoline where you want something in the middle of the range of stuff you have as a feed stock and need to separate out from stuff near by. Typically this is done in long tall multi plate columns like you see at oil refineries. Inside there's a series of plates the gasses have to pass over dozens of them to make it out the top. Each plate is heated a tiny bit less being further from the source. But each molecule to escape condenses and evaporates many times on the way through. At each plate, a fair bit of what condenses there drips downward. The column is 'tuned' by heat coming in with the feed of vapors and the volume run through. The alternative is dozens of passes through a single pot still.

All in all not the sort of stuff we're likely to be doing in the garage I'm thinking. For now, I'll keep buying it.....and enjoying it.

OF

OF

Thanks for the explanation, OF - makes much more sense now. Would you say this apparatus here would still require a lab setup? http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRACTIONAL-...993?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ef09e8d11 Wondering if that's doable or if it's completely a different beast to fractionally distill cannabis extract..

Naw, that's something you'd use for a demo, not production. The basics are there for a single pass but the throughput is going to be low and extraction crude and even then would take a lot of passes. OK if you're testing ideas I guess.

I bet the 'real deal' is run under vacuum as well.

Here's a basic tower lesson on UTube. The sounds a little off, but the information is useful if you want to understand. In theory, two such columns in series, one taking everything out from 'below' what we want, the other removing everything 'above' the section of the spectrum in the feed stock (THC and related chemicals) we want. You could also store the batch, retune your only column and do second pass:

Here's a nice close up of the plate structure. Each one is like another still in the chain:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/Bubble_Cap_Trays.PNG

Hey, if you build one, I'll come help you run it....

OF

OF,
Reactions: kertong

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys fractional distillation is a hard process to master. Please do not try if you are new to science.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom