Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Silvercloud538

Again, sorry man, but I get lost following you. I saw "apology" in there, no need I'm not offended...but thanks for offering I guess?

Sorry, I don't follow the 'biased, contemptible remark' part (I brought my pers\onal objection up by way of demonstrating why I wouldn't have used the term), if there's another and I didn't make it, cool by me.

So that's the understanding I have, I'm not some clown that's apparently taboo here anyway. I can live with that if you can.

Thanks.

OF

Now ,me sorry ,didn't mean to make a federal case out of this ~ if you can handle the *situation as it occurred ,fine ,if unable to follow my intent ,or drift ,that's fine ,too ~

Psst* ... anyone ,using derogatory reference frames ,usually has certain issues pertaining to underlying insecurities

You're welcome ,don't mention it.

Sc_

Silvercloud538,

OF

Now ,me sorry ,didn't mean to make a federal case out of this ~ if you can handle the *situation as it occurred ,fine ,if unable to follow my intent ,or drift ,that's fine ,too ~

Psst* ... anyone ,using derogatory reference frames ,usually has certain issues pertaining to underlying insecurities

You're welcome ,don't mention it.

Sc_

You've lost me again, but I understand the last line.

"No harm, no foul".

Thanks again.

OF

OF,

OF

OK, guys, this is the first time (posting a photo) for me, so please be gentile? This goes against my Luddite nature, but I've got a photo (another tool of the devil....) for your consideration and it's about time I learned how to do this task that any school kid seems to be able to do with either hand while texting with the other.

The photo is of a disassembled cart that died a slow death in it's third gram. It's a months old 2.4 Ohm cart from an Omicron V1.X. This was otherwise very nice 69% East Coast Sour Diesel oil from Harborside. It got slower and slower until I finally gave up and drained the last out and started over with a new cart. Instant success. The cause of the problem is easy to see:

omicron1.jpg

What you see is the bottom of the furnace body on the left, with the bulk heater wound around the outside. Rotated out of place (it goes into the slot at the bottom of the body with the wire inside) is the main or vaporizing heater. The ends of the wick stick out the slots into the area outside where the bulk heater is (and all the hot oil waiting to feed). The vaporizing heater is wound around the wick in the center. It's under that big old scab made up of the junk in the oil that has deposited there when the other stuff vaped away. There's the junk from almost 3 grams there, toward the end all the vapor had to be blowing up the pores in the surface like some strange moon around Saturn or a comet too close to the sun. The deposit is quite hard, it's been soaked in ISO for a while and had a couple runs through the ultrasonic sink. Notice the oil drawn from the wick.

The bottom is sealed with a rubber disk of material like the mouthpiece with a hole for the lower tube to enter. This seal is the one that most often causes grief. If the oil gets past it along the wick the only way out is down into the socket from there unless you're right there and suck it out the top. Not much better, really.

As I see it there's no way to stop this (short of better oils and this one was pretty darn good) or remove it once it's there. This means the carts will not only die eventually but they will degrade getting there. I'm thinking it's like oil in your car, you need to buy more and change it out before it breaks down?

Anyway, I also thought you guys might like to see what it looks like inside.

OF

OF

do you think the herb cart will work on the v1.x just as well as the v2??

Beats me. Seems logical but since it doesn't exist yet it's really hard to be sure. My opinion is the Omicron is about tapped out driving the 1.5 Ohm carts for 9 Watts or so. The TV runs about 30. MFLB, OTOH, runs a little over 11 and is pretty slow for most of the cloud chasers to get excited about. I bet a flower cart at even less would not set records for most. I think the serious performance will not happen in the Omicron format but Persei with higher voltage and stouter batteries will be needed. It's closer to the TV level.

Just a guess, of course.

OF

OF,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
You've lost me again, but I understand the last line.

"No harm, no foul".

Thanks again.

OF
I don't know how you understand jibber. It must be somebodys new english. Anyhow, me feeling a cart right now of purgold.

Jeppy,

OF

@OF: Would turning the cart upside down after use prolong the occurrence of such problems?

I doubt it. I think of it like boiling a pan of sea water. Sooner or later you're going to have a pile of solid salt and no water. But the action only happens when hot. Turn the fire off and the sea water stops changing.

I think all you'd get by turning it upside down would be leaks (unless you put the transport cap back on each time) and priming problems (when you turn it back over and the oil is at the wrong end.

You know, that scab was getting close to coking off the furnace. You can see how thick the wick is where it goes through the slot, the section under the heater is smaller than that. There's a lot of scab there.

OF

OF,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have entered a new time zone, it seems!
I received a package today, and I am ready now to address the Omicron V2.
Photoon2012-03-18at17272.jpg

After careful considerations, I love the new model!
I still love the original Omicron also.
V2 stands a bit taller, and the button is in a very easy to access spot. That is sure a plus.
Speaking of buttons, you can depress the button for a longer period, although the instructions clearly tell you to stay to 8 second activations. The button light is easier to see as well
Being slightly wider in its diameter, the unit has a more stable balance when standing it up.
Another great plus is the way the batteries charge… I get to charge one or two batteries on the same charger… and extra batteries are less expensive than the older units.
I only found 2 things that I will miss about V1
With the original set, you could share your set with a friend, due to the battery style.
I did like the cone, which kept me from sloppily letting the hot cart touch my tender young flesh, but I will get over it!
Omicron V2 is an improvement.
The packaging is as professional as the original, and the case … well a big ditto… real appealing stuff!
The price is not up on this unit… and the new kits from come with the filling tool included!
If you love the older type, it is my understanding that Planet Vape still is carrying them.
@THC Scientific…
This shows me just how busy you have been. The presentation is marvelous, and the unit's function is superb.
While we wait… and whine about herb carts… you are working!

Silvercloud538

I doubt it. I think of it like boiling a pan of sea water. Sooner or later you're going to have a pile of solid salt and no water. But the action only happens when hot. Turn the fire off and the sea water stops changing.

I think all you'd get by turning it upside down would be leaks (unless you put the transport cap back on each time) and priming problems (when you turn it back over and the oil is at the wrong end.

You know, that scab was getting close to coking off the furnace. You can see how thick the wick is where it goes through the slot, the section under the heater is smaller than that. There's a lot of scab there.

OF

After inspecting ,dissected autopsy ,one must accept concept of '"disposable"' ~ Now ,trick is to secure as many 1.5's ,2.4's ,4.0's as possible @ right number (maybe group purchase consolidations??)

Next step ,in my manual ,would involve experimentation w/ AC / 7.4 v/ v.2 / 2.4-4.0 carts ~ me's thinkin' the v.2 will hav dual capabilities of powering (7.4) up when AC accessible ,allowing for stealth mobility w/ 14650's ~ additionally ,vapor time is limited to # of charged batts carried ~ Persei's 18350's x 2 per charge performance will still awaiting street results ~

Bottomline ,me going to push this v.2 to the limits B/4 thinking 'bout adding to collection of hardware ~ good luck fellow viper/vaper/vapors ,lol

Silvercloud538,

JoeKickass

So I have a question about the v2's possible 7.4v upgrade...

Will it replace the unit in the basic kit?
(Should I wait to buy to save money)

Or will it be an optional upgrade?
(Should I buy a v2 now since it will be the same price anyway)

JoeKickass,

Silvercloud538

So I have a question about the v2's possible 7.4v upgrade...

Will it replace the unit in the basic kit?
(Should I wait to buy to save money)

Or will it be an optional upgrade?
(Should I buy a v2 now since it will be the same price anyway)

From THC's definition ,it can be presumed the v.2 was designed to do all the tricks-of-the-trade ,yielding maxed out power @ 7.4 v via AC ~ there will be an option on batteries depending on intensity of use ~ the 14650 'trustfire' (protected) rated @ 1300 mAh ,supplying plenty of reserve power ~

All in all ,you're in good position for happy vaping ,just try patience ,lol

Sc_

Silvercloud538,

JoeKickass

From THC's definition ,it can be presumed the v.2 was designed to do all the tricks-of-the-trade ,yielding maxed out power @ 7.4 v via AC ~ there will be an option on batteries depending on intensity of use ~ the 14650 'trustfire' (protected) rated @ 1300 mAh ,supplying plenty of reserve power ~

All in all ,you're in good position for happy vaping ,just try patience ,lol

Sc_

My main reason for asking was that THC mentioned the current v2 unit could not handle 7.4v and the upgrade would include a replacement v2 unit, which I figure might be expensive. If the new 7.4v unit is always going to cost extra then o well no reason not to buy now. But if the basic kit is going to get a free upgrade I'll just keep enjoying the Persei until then...

JoeKickass,

Silvercloud538

So which one is better for the v2? Which one is newer?

Which genre (indicas ,sativas ,hybrids) ??? are you using ? ~ reason asked ,according to my file of separate trip carts ; *IOW ,sativas (thinner trichs) will warmup/burn qwiker thn indies (thicker trichs) ~ sooo ,ya wanna`stick to 2.4's (satties / hybrids) ,1.5's (indies) ~

Hope this helps ya a bit ~

Psst * this info has not been endorsed by THC ,strictly personal observation ~ that is all for now

Silvercloud538,

DubCRider

1.5ohm gets hotter faster at 3.7v. Pure gold will work in either, just depends how long you want your gram to last. 1.5ojm will use more concentrate per rip.

DubCRider,

Silvercloud538

1.5ohm gets hotter faster at 3.7v. Pure gold will work in either, just depends how long you want your gram to last. 1.5ojm will use more concentrate per rip.

Ain't that the ultimate tradeoff tho` ? ~ ya gotta give to get (qwicker heat will get ya shorter batt life ) ~ trick is to bring up the heat ,work on batt cycle span ~

Me imagines the PureGold can go rather fast thru 1.5's ,personally ,would prolly run the 2.4's ~ Again ,personal preference to be frugal if possible ,lol ~ Enjoy :)

Silvercloud538,

JoeKickass

yeah guy ,where did you see the THC post @ v.2 uncapable of conversion ?/?

cheers
Sc_

Just in case anyone else is wondering, this is back on page 130:
Is the v2 omicron button safe for 7.2v if we do make a battery setup that fits?
No but there is a upgrade kit for it in the works.
What I meant is if we find batteries or spacers that fit the metal shell of the Version 2, is the little blue button in the Version 2 omicron safe for the 7.2v?

Or do you mean there really is a planned upgrade where we have to trade in the brand new Version 2 unit to get a future one works with 7.2v?
The top can not handle 7.4v set up.

The upgrade kit we have coming is a new top, 2 x14250 batteries, and a spacer,

Another kit coming is the pass through system.

Another option coming as well is the herb chamber.

Possible Herb Cartridge if we can get the damn thing to work right.
oooo perfect explanation ty

I spent hours trying to find 14350's hahaha

Also, why are the herb carts being such a bitch? Are you trying to do it with nugs or ground bud because I don't really mind having to grind if it would help...

Silvercloud538

Just in case anyone else is wondering, this is back on page 130:

You'll notice ,THC's reply referred to 2 x 14250's ,not 14350's ; thus need for spacer since the 2 x 14250's shorter by 15 mm (spacer) ~ hope this` helps w/ search ~

Guess upgrade kit will include (new top ,AC accessible ,button timer ,spacer ,2 x 14250's) all for the price of a new box of carts ( less ,prolly) ~ '"patience is a virtue"" ,lol ~ ciao`,for now ~

Silvercloud538,

2clicker

Observer
The top can not handle 7.4v set up.

The upgrade kit we have coming is a new top, 2 x14250 batteries, and a spacer,

Another kit coming is the pass through system.

Another option coming as well is the herb chamber.

Possible Herb Cartridge if we can get the damn thing to work right.

herb chamber is different than herb cart...?

2clicker,
Top Bottom