Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

SnidelyWhiplash

The only one competing with Omi is Thermovape Revolution. Boilable Cartridges made in the USA solid as hell with nothing to hide (he has a video dissecting both the Omi and the Rev. to compare). I am curious what Scientist has to say about this.

Bringing up 2 questions: IS a less solidly constructed/designed but DISPOSABLE cart better or worse for you in the long run, being that you can just chuck it before anything wears down... No question that the ThermoRev tastes way better, and is easier to load whereas Omi is an everlasting-Gaungestopper (someone should gank that name, hahaha), load and forget, battery lasts half to all the day (Rev battery lasts 10-15 minutes, but they quickcharge and are swappable)

And most importantly, what will Omi pull out in round 2? I'm not feelin the Thermovape for herbs yet, but I think the Rev has slam-dunked the oil cake at the end of round 1.... Personally I don't think pens are the ticket with herbs - too short battery for that much heat, the solo is about the smallest I can imagine so it will be great to see the results on all upcoming models.

SnidelyWhiplash,

Darb

OF said:
Darb said:
Can the higher resistance carts for the persei be used in the omicron for bigger clouds?

Yes, and no. Yes, you can use them, but not for 'bigger clouds'. Higher resistance is lower current. Lower current is less power. If you want to deliver more power and don't want to raise the voltage like Persei does you want lower resistance, like the 'flower cart' is rumored to be.

In broad terms Persei doubles the performance (per cart) by doubling the power. From 6 to 12 or 14 Watts. It does this by raising the voltage, not the current. Therefore the higher resistance carts to go with the higher voltages.

Or so I understand things.

OF

Thanks. I read my post and realized I said higher but meant lower. I'm thinking a 1 ohm cart would produce significantly more vapor. This would make the omicron ideal for my needs.

Darb,

bruno13

insomniac
OF said:

In broad terms Persei doubles the performance (per cart) by doubling the power. From 6 to 12 or 14 Watts. It does this by raising the voltage, not the current. Therefore the higher resistance carts to go with the higher voltages.

OF

I agree with you, however the current did also change somewhat. It went from 1.5 A to 2.0 A or 1.85 A

bruno13,

bruno13

insomniac
SnidelyWhiplash said:
The only one competing with Omi is Thermovape Revolution. Boilable Cartridges made in the USA solid as hell with nothing to hide (he has a video dissecting both the Omi and the Rev. to compare). I am curious what Scientist has to say about this.

Bringing up 2 questions: IS a less solidly constructed/designed but DISPOSABLE cart better or worse for you in the long run, being that you can just chuck it before anything wears down... No question that the ThermoRev tastes way better, and is easier to load whereas Omi is an everlasting-Gaungestopper (someone should gank that name, hahaha), load and forget, battery lasts half to all the day (Rev battery lasts 10-15 minutes, but they quickcharge and are swappable)

And most importantly, what will Omi pull out in round 2? I'm not feelin the Thermovape for herbs yet, but I think the Rev has slam-dunked the oil cake at the end of round 1.... Personally I don't think pens are the ticket with herbs - too short battery for that much heat, the solo is about the smallest I can imagine so it will be great to see the results on all upcoming models.

I like throw away carts. If they were cheeper, like $1, no one would complain. I like havine 5 different flavor carts loaded at once. I think the omi is easier to load, last alot longer and also tastes the same. Overall omi much better than rev for me.

bruno13,

SnidelyWhiplash

Good point! With Omi you can isolate many different medicines...Straight up bartender stylie. To do that with a Rev. would cost 54.99 per cart... Though they would each last a very long time, thats a rough price tag to get 4 of em when technologies are competing so effectivily right now (kind of blowing my mind, in more ways then one hahah). Still, flavor is king.

SnidelyWhiplash,

OF

bruno13 said:
OF said:

OF

I agree with you, however the current did also change somewhat. It went from 1.5 A to 2.0 A or 1.85 A

Understood. Actual nominal power levels are 5.7, 12.0 and 13.7 Watts respectively for those fond of details, the point I was making used a broader brush on the back of a smaller envelope.

Thanks.

OF

OF,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Guys all i can say is wait, we just dont make vaporizers, we innovate.

Slapping a ceramic heater core on a battery and just giving it energy, is not innovation.

All these companies that are now jumping into the industry we created can at least say thank you, before they go around bashing our products so they can get into collectives and stores.
I'd be interested to hear how strapping your own cart (and proprietary threads which limit your cutomers options) onto a widely available and popular chinese ecig model is more innovative than machining your own product from scratch right in your own USA based factory?......just curious, to me it sounds like you may just be mad that someone showed the guts of your cart in a youtube video and they came out looking pretty poor in contrast to a "ceramic heater core strapped to a battery" :2c:

SF Giant,

2clicker

Observer
SnidelyWhiplash said:
he has a video dissecting both the Omi and the Rev. to compare

this video is private right now and i cant seem to view it. i would love to see it though. hopefully TV will put it back up for all to see.

2clicker,

DubCRider

2clicker said:
SnidelyWhiplash said:
he has a video dissecting both the Omi and the Rev. to compare

this video is private right now and i cant seem to view it. i would love to see it though. hopefully TV will put it back up for all to see.

He won't make it public again, that was his biggest mistake to date. Thermovape sales people are attempting to get in to clubs and smokeshops by bashing the Omicron and it's parts. This industry likes items to speak for themselves. Going around bashing your "competitor" makes you look desperate. One of my high school friends was on BART sitting next to one of the Thermovape inventors. He said once he mentioned his buddy(me) worked for THC he became strange.

I have no problem with the Thermovape or their employees, but there is no need to go around spreading lies. All of the parts in the Omicron are safe, and probably mostly the same parts as Thermovape.

DubCRider,

2clicker

Observer
DubCRider said:
I have no problem with the Thermovape or their employees, but there is no need to go around spreading lies. All of the parts in the Omicron are safe, and probably mostly the same parts as Thermovape.

i fully believe you DubC, but i was curious to see the video as i was told that there are wires in the air path.

is this not the case?

thanks

2clicker,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
I think the only thing stopping me from buying a Omi is the companies attitude towards competitors. They act like they invented the light bulb and anything that emits light is because of there work somehow being copied when its clearly not. pshh

I also don't like that there are proprietary threads just so we have to buy the slightly modified e-cig batteries. I have a lot of great batteries already and wouldn't hesitate to buy the carts in multiples if they they work with them or some adapter was created. Oh well.

BudBuddy,

bruno13

insomniac
2clicker said:
DubCRider said:

i fully believe you DubC, but i was curious to see the video as i was told that there are wires in the air path.

is this not the case?

thanks

There are no wires in the air path. Take one apart yourself and see.

bruno13,

DubCRider

The wires are far outside the air path. These are the exact lies I have to answer to when visiting my accounts. Nobody is fooled by them, they just tell me what he says about how terrible the Omicron is. Everyone I have been asked questions by has referenced a Thermovape salesperson. It's the same story with the plastic disks. His has the same piece but his is FDA approved, get real. They are stirring shit in to their own chocolate shake.

DubCRider,

JoeKickass

BudBuddy said:
I think the only thing stopping me from buying a Omi is the companies attitude towards competitors. They act like they invented the light bulb and anything that emits light is because of there work somehow being copied when its clearly not. pshh

I also don't like that there are proprietary threads just so we have to buy the slightly modified e-cig batteries. I have a lot of great batteries already and wouldn't hesitate to buy the carts in multiples if they they work with them or some adapter was created. Oh well.

I think the companies attitude is nothing short of commendable. I have nothing wrong with a company boasting and bragging, as long as it's true it's called advertising. My only problem would be if they stooped down to mudslinging other companies but even when ThermoVape did that very thing THC remained composed.

Your whole battery threading issue is misguided, the ecig batteries are lower capacity and don't put out the same amperage so I doubt they would work as well as Omi batteries. And griping about the proprietary threading? Do you own an iDevice? How about a personal computer?

Obviously you aren't too bothered by the idea of proprietary technology elsewhere...

2clicker said:

is this not the case?

thanks

I will describe the video for you: TV guy spends 6 minutes absolutely destroying an Omi cart into unrecognizable pieces. Shows us some white discs (ooo scary plastic) and some orange wires (ooo wires!). After the video I asked THC about the materials they used:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
JoeKickass said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
There is nothing inside that can melt under normal use. These cartridges do die out because of the heating element being so small that is inside. 8 gold equals to about 4 grams. I would say it did what it was designed to do.

Hey THC while we're talking about the carts can you confirm any of the things I assumed in this response:
JoeKickass said:
I hit the Omi while I was watching the video lol

Like everyone said, you're just giving TV the reaction he was trying to get. When he opened up the Omi cart he just decided to try and give the most alarming name for each component.

Fiberglass - Is actually silica rope which cuts cleanly and should be nothing but long single fibers which cannot become airborne like silica dust.

Plastic - The crumbly bit was obviously ceramic but it did seem like there where two white plastic discs, that can't be good huh? Oh wait, plastic is a hugely general term! There are many, many types of plastics which would laugh at the Omicron's level of heat. Think of those fire-proof boxes for important papers.

Wires - Again, wire is a ridiculously general term. Core material, shield material, environmental tolerances? We have no idea. But again, there are many types of quality high-temp wire with shielding that looks just like that. Just like plastic, the shielding can have any number of amazing properties and still just look like plastic.

Like are the plastic discs and wire shield of the heat-resistant variety?

Joe we can say for sure that everything in the cartridges are made to withstand heat, and are not an issue to ones health.

JoeKickass,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
SF Giant said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Guys all i can say is wait, we just dont make vaporizers, we innovate.

Slapping a ceramic heater core on a battery and just giving it energy, is not innovation.

All these companies that are now jumping into the industry we created can at least say thank you, before they go around bashing our products so they can get into collectives and stores.
I'd be interested to hear how strapping your own cart (and proprietary threads which limit your cutomers options) onto a widely available and popular chinese ecig model is more innovative than machining your own product from scratch right in your own USA based factory?......just curious, to me it sounds like you may just be mad that someone showed the guts of your cart in a youtube video and they came out looking pretty poor in contrast to a "ceramic heater core strapped to a battery" :2c:

IMO:
Is slapping their cart onto a battery innovative? No
Is developing the cart innovative? Yep.

Frederick McGuire,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
BudBuddy said:
I have a lot of great batteries already and wouldn't hesitate to buy the carts in multiples if they they work with them or some adapter was created. Oh well.

I also have a huge amount of batteries, and would love to have an adapter to use the Omicart on my other batteries. I bought the adapter sold from planetvape ($12 shipped) and it only turns my omibatt into a 510 thread, not the other way around, so I was a little bummed about that, I should have read the description closer. I do understand wanting to make your sales, but it would be a cool move to at least offer an adapter to let us use your carts on our batteries... maybe one day. Hell, I'd even pay a higher price to have one. Don't get me wrong, I am not in any way upset at Omicron, just putting my :2c: out there

jambandphan03,

2clicker

Observer
DubCRider said:
The wires are far outside the air path. These are the exact lies I have to answer to when visiting my accounts. Nobody is fooled by them, they just tell me what he says about how terrible the Omicron is. Everyone I have been asked questions by has referenced a Thermovape salesperson. It's the same story with the plastic disks. His has the same piece but his is FDA approved, get real. They are stirring shit in to their own chocolate shake.

thanks for clearing that up. if the persei wasnt coming out shortly i would order a dual omi set right this very second. im already working on a dual cart water adapter :brow:

2clicker,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
jambandphan03 said:
BudBuddy said:
I have a lot of great batteries already and wouldn't hesitate to buy the carts in multiples if they they work with them or some adapter was created. Oh well.

I also have a huge amount of batteries, and would love to have an adapter to use the Omicart on my other batteries. I bought the adapter sold from planetvape ($12 shipped) and it only turns my omibatt into a 510 thread, not the other way around, so I was a little bummed about that, I should have read the description closer. I do understand wanting to make your sales, but it would be a cool move to at least offer an adapter to let us use your carts on our batteries... maybe one day. Hell, I'd even pay a higher price to have one. Don't get me wrong, I am not in any way upset at Omicron, just putting my :2c: out there

We understand this but to use our cartridges on other batteries would complicate matter, how can we properly diagnose an issue with our cartridges on other batteries? How do other batteries effect the performance and function?

All batteries seem similar but they are not. Different sizes, quality, and electronics. All this comes into play.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
JoeKickass said:
Your whole battery threading issue is misguided, the ecig batteries are lower capacity and don't put out the same amperage so I doubt they would work as well as Omi batteries. And griping about the proprietary threading? Do you own an iDevice? How about a personal computer?

Obviously you aren't too bothered by the idea of proprietary technology elsewhere...

Your expressing a whole lot of assumptions considering you only know my username and whats in my signature. The battery issue will continue to be an issue for me and many others like Jam, thank you. :peace:

My question is why close the doors to people THC? Your already using existing tech that has just been re-engineered to your specifications, you could have left the 510 threading alone and let users decide if they want to try other batteries or parts(I have several different voltage units so I could have at least tried).

Hell it could of been a positive thing that you understand medical patients needs to save a little money when they can. There is already an established ecig market using many of the same parts that could have been interchangeable. I am sure many of the same people that use ecigs for health reasons look to your device as well because I am one of them. At ten a cartridge it is already easy money as I know the manufacturing market very well, your company is doing very well for itself considering the carts are pretty much one gram recommended and most everyone on here owns a plethora of them.

Disclaimers solve a lot of problems you seem to express though THC, people already love messing with their toys that they buy. You could always still offer full warranty service to users that buy kits including batteries and have carts sold as is (pretty much how the e cig market works currently). Hell I think I would still buy a cart if you ever did make one with a more universal threading, if I broke it I wouldn't hold it against you, I broke it.

I'll stop though, at this point I am beating a dead horse.

BudBuddy,

SnidelyWhiplash

It seems to me, if you think about it, the best thing would be for that Thermovape video to remain up. That way, Scientific can describe each claim in detail as to it's truth/falsehood. If Scientific can do that in video form, it would not only build confidence in his product, it would show that Thermo is purposly distorting information therby discrediting them.

Just just replying with insults or names does the exact oposite.

SnidelyWhiplash,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
SnidelyWhiplash said:
It seems to me, if you think about it, the best thing would be for that Thermovape video to remain up. That way, Scientific can describe each claim in detail as to it's truth/falsehood. If Scientific can do that in video form, it would not only build confidence in his product, it would show that Thermo is purposly distorting information therby discrediting them.
On that note what I would really love to see is some tit for tat as the saying goes. A companion video showing a "proper" breakdown of the omicron cartridge along side a break down of the TV and whatever else can be all done by THC.

SnidelyWhiplash said:
Just just replying with insults or names does the exact oposite.
So someone does see the same things as myself, that is the attitude I was speaking of as well.

BudBuddy,

OF

BudBuddy said:
On that note what I would really love to see is some tit for tat as the saying goes. A companion video showing a "proper" breakdown of the omicron cartridge along side a break down of the TV and whatever else can be all done by THC.

I think this is going in the right direction, but I don't see why it needs or even should be confrontational. It is, of course, in the nature of guys who believe in what they do to be defensive, we've seen and I think understand the motive behind THC's 'attacks' on copy cats and some of the late comers to the market.

I think this might be a big factor in this video issue. Tearing into the Omicron cart did yield silica fibers, a known issue with e-cig folks. TV is already in the e-cig business in a big way with a silica free product so I think it's natural they'd center on that issue (real or not). Likewise, not understanding the wired and solder connections and most of the other questionable materials were removed from the air path can lead to misplaced concerns.

It turns out I met the TV guys about this time (to pickup my TV in fact) and saw the video there. I happened to have a Omicron cart disassembled with me which I showed them explaining how I thought the key objection (silica fibers) was misplaced since the heater wire and oil would have 'glued' the fibers into the bundle and the loose ends they were concerned about were actually in the oil bath, not the air path. It's easy enough to see if the ceramic heater body is intact. For all I know, that may have played a part in pulling the video?

Anyway, I like the idea of the makers presenting information about what is inside their unit and why. I know the natural tendency is to beat the other guy up in the process if possible. I just wish it didn't happen that way.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
BudBuddy said:
JoeKickass said:

Your expressing a whole lot of assumptions considering you only know my username and whats in my signature. The battery issue will continue to be an issue for me and many others like Jam, thank you. :peace:

My question is why close the doors to people THC? Your already using existing tech that has just been re-engineered to your specifications, you could have left the 510 threading alone and let users decide if they want to try other batteries or parts(I have several different voltage units so I could have at least tried).

Hell it could of been a positive thing that you understand medical patients needs to save a little money when they can. There is already an established ecig market using many of the same parts that could have been interchangeable. I am sure many of the same people that use ecigs for health reasons look to your device as well because I am one of them. At ten a cartridge it is already easy money as I know the manufacturing market very well, your company is doing very well for itself considering the carts are pretty much one gram recommended and most everyone on here owns a plethora of them.

Disclaimers solve a lot of problems you seem to express though THC, people already love messing with their toys that they buy. You could always still offer full warranty service to users that buy kits including batteries and have carts sold as is (pretty much how the e cig market works currently). Hell I think I would still buy a cart if you ever did make one with a more universal threading, if I broke it I wouldn't hold it against you, I broke it.

I'll stop though, at this point I am beating a dead horse.

I have a similar mindset. I understand the differences in power vs cart voltage, and have several batteries that I can change the voltage in as well. I just hate them sitting here not being used for something, and I won't use the eliquids anymore after having bad reactions to them a while back. Offering an adapter and a disclaimer of not being responsible for performance if you use non THC made products and even a bit of a steep price tag would cover most concerns in this area. Ultimately they will do what they want to do, but it doesn't hurt to discuss it in any case.

jambandphan03,

tharealmclovin

It really is THC's job to help you use your old batteries. Its like anything else in the world. If you own a black and decker drill battery, it wont fit in your dewalt drill. You cant call up dewalt or black and decker asking for an adapter.

The Omicron is amazing. It saves me money and works like a charm.

tharealmclovin,

SlideOrDie

LOL @ all of this thermovape BS... I've only owned my Omicron for a week or so and I'll just say that if a company exists to the point Delta9 does and cares to the point that they exist in a forum just shows how much they care about their customers opinion... I don't know any company who interacts with their customer base like Delta9 does...

I love my omicron...

#OMICRONLIFE

SlideOrDie,
Top Bottom