Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
The omicron is a retrofitted e-cig with proprietary technology within the cartridge. Thinking about how normal factory proceedings go I wouldn't be surprised if THC actually paid extra just to get new threads as most e-cig manufactures (or any manufacture really) show existing tooling options to cut on cost of manufacturing, especially overseas.

So mclovin, while the analogy you gave may be correct in your thinking the better one would be; I buy an LG TV then later replace it with an Insignia TV, both are made by the same company and just re-branded. So aside from a logo change and maybe a new feature or two we have the exact same unit. We have the same situation here. Only difference is THC goes out of its way to ensure maximum unit profit instead of compatibility with products within its existing production. Maybe focusing more on cartridge design solely while using cheaper and more universal batteries with different mAh options already out there as well as automatic draw option or usb passthru or the variety of other things already in existence and any past or prior e cig user will be familiar and even happier with, then re-brand them.

Funny thing is, even with all these options I am sure that THC would still see steady sales of ready made kit units with everything you need, branded by them, and when new "official" products come out people will always be there if they are a fan. That's because there will always be people who want an option that just works as well as people who love to tinker with their toys and play with settings. I always thought of this place as the latter of the two but THC would be smart to appease both parties rather than alienate one just to line the pockets in what they might see as an "easier" venture.

BudBuddy,

eLiguL

Many companies use propriety parts to protect their investment, I see no difference here.

Perhaps you would like to ask Apple to use a standard USB plug for their products and see far you get with that...... Maybe insinuate that they are just trying to line their pockets will get them to change their minds.

:rolleyes:

eLiguL,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
Difference here is this isn't something with a million +1 patents in a multibillion dollar industry. :rolleyes:

Like slide said, if they care as much as they say they do about there customers they will at least consider the option and instead of having x amount of customers they will have x plus y, sounds like simple business (because believe me it it). If they want more money (and supporters) it should be clear.

BudBuddy,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
... we are talking about a tiny piece of metal with threading in it, not a major feat to achieve, and it probably already exists if you know what to call it. There is already an adapter available so you can use the Omi batt with your other ecig stuff, so why not have it the other way... I can see the point is being lost here...

jambandphan03,

eLiguL

LoL so are they trying to line their pockets or accommodate their customers?

You need to pick a side because your dance around on both.

Heres an idea, why dont you get into the market and create a product to rival his with standard threading, it seems that you are an expert in this field.

Im sure you wouldnt go bankrupt with every company under the sun copying your product.

eLiguL,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
E your posts remind me I am on a forum where most are smoking the ganja so I will spell it out for you.

They can do both.

GASPS!

Amazing huh?

That the entire point of my argument is that if they were to go more universal on just one fitting that probably could have been a 510 fitted thread originally could help them sell even more cartridges which are, GASPS! what they are actually selling that is making them money. You also don't know my profession/expertise/skill or its level so stay away from being snide m'kay.

Batteries are batteries, connections are connections, they work so long as the right contacts there. Like Jam said, with a little know how a threading from another cart could more than probably be fitted in (a bit roughly but sure). I could, but why when the actual manufacture could easily supply me with them and I could give them my money as a happy customer?

BudBuddy,

2clicker

Observer
tharealmclovin said:
If you own a black and decker drill battery, it wont fit in your dewalt drill. You cant call up dewalt or black and decker asking for an adapter.

actually DeWalt is made by Black & Decker's and is their pro line. they are one in the same. just saying :lol: you are correct in that a B&D battery will not fit a DeWalt drill though

back to the matter at hand... carry on

2clicker,

eLiguL

Ok ill make it simple for you, if you dont like what the company is doing, dont support them.

Dont buy the product if you dont agree with their business practices.

If you cant understand why they have propriety threading in a market where knock offs are a dime a dozen then there is nothing else to be said. There is a reason why they will make their batteries compatible one way and not the other.

The fact that you accuse them of trying to squeeze every penny out of their product then suggest something for them to make even more money makes no sense what so ever.

You have been here for 19 days and already the chip on your shoulder is more like a boulder. If this community is beneath you by all means leave and dont let the door hit you on the way out.

/rant

eLiguL,

OF

Boy, we sure have plenty of experts offering their valuable advice for free for the benefit of all (not some self serving deal like some might suspect).

However, I wonder how they'd feel if they were on the other side of this? Say, for instance, that THC had for many years used the coarser thread offered by the same maker Atmos is using to make their pioneering VG and PG based THC vaporizer products...which they did. Then say THC decided to stick with the tread type so their existing customers could use their Omicron batteries with the new carts (as they said they did).

So, in a funny way, the experts who bought products from someone else for another use are suggesting THC should have screwed their customers to save them a few bucks? I bet they'd feel a bit different if they were one of the loyal owners from before.

In the end guys bought the e-cig gear on their own for their own reasons. I'm not sure THC is in any way responsible for that, unfortunate as that might be. From my perspective the Omicron battery is cheap relative to the value of oil that will be used with them. "Buy the ticket, take the ride".

Or miss out, your call, but the train leaves this station on that schedule.

OF

OF,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
Oh please e, lets stay on topic, you can start a thread about my chip vs. boulder in a more general discussion area please. :peace:

Bottom line for me is a more open market means more money for them in general and an even bigger customer base. That is what should be of value to them above all else, which it does seem to be with them taking the time to be apart of this community. Whatever though, I'm simply putting out the request for THC to at least think about an optional 510 threaded version and possibly chime in on the idea(or at least an adapter before I just find a re-threading bolt that matches).

OF seems to always make the most sense around here lol. An option wouldn't hurt anyone here honestly or even with an adapter, that would be better in fact in OF's stance. In any business setting the more of your product you can sell the better off you are right? I'm just thinking that maybe THC would like to do that. If not, no skin off my back, but I can at least say that I put it out there. I still have my Revolution if not. :ko:

BudBuddy,

OF

BudBuddy said:
Whatever though, I'm simply putting out the request for THC to at least think about an optional 510 threaded version and possibly chime in on the idea(or at least an adapter before I just find a re-threading bolt that matches).

In any business setting the more of your product you can sell the better off you are right? I'm just thinking that maybe THC would like to do that. If not, no skin off my back, but I can at least say that I put it out there.

I'm not sure how to break this to you, but you are not the first guy to be so visionary as to suggest this. Nor are you the second, or third. And THC has definitely discussed this several times, I know it's not convenient to actually check this thread for that so you can trust me or do some actual research.

As to "In any business setting the more of your product you can sell the better off you are" I suggest there are lots of highly successful business models out there that don't focus on volume above all else.

Hey, it's a big world out there. The threads are 7mm. The 510 has a .5mm pitch, the THC and Atmos threads are .75mm pitch. Why not make up some adapters and make yourself that profit you're talking about? That's how Capitalism is supposed to work. As Henry Keiser (the guy that made all those Liberty and Victory ships in WWII) was fond of saying "Find a need and fill it".

OF

OF,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
I see, could of mentioned that a page ago OF :p An adapter would be great but not on my plate, plenty there already, re-threading would be an easy task if I ever come across the right bolt to do it, thanks for the info on them. I'm over it tho, back to the threads of products I actually own.

BudBuddy,

OF

BudBuddy said:
I see, could of mentioned that a page ago OF :p An adapter would be great but not on my plate, plenty there already, re-threading would be an easy task if I ever come across the right bolt to do it, thanks for the info on them. I'm over it tho, back to the threads of products I actually own.

I'm sorry, I guess it's not in my nature. I routinely give the benefit of the doubt to others WRT knowing the history I guess.

FWIW, I don't think rethreading the 510 with a bolt will do it. Not even with a proper bottoming tap. The Ego battery I just checked has 3 and 1/3 threads engagement. Two of the coarser threads. Even without the plating issues, I bet you don't have enough metal left to support those two threads. I'm betting the 2:3 ratio of pitch is gonna be a big problem when you only have two or three threads to work with?

You know, you could also buy a Atmos RX (cheaper and THC doesn't get your money), but IMO you end up with an inferior product. I've got one, but don't recommend it either.

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
Probably not going to be an easy find I'm sure but hmm I think I would just rub the current threading with a little JB Weld to fix a lot. It can be tapped and the mixture is pretty fine grain so it might be able to hold that fine a detail given their size. I think its labeled non toxic for whatever its worth and the normal version withstands 500 degrees. Any thoughts?

BudBuddy,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Testing unit in the works.
Almost done with the development, now in testing mode.

will be able to test cartomizer, cartridges, atomizers, and units to see if it is working.
Soon will be available.

Pictures to come up soon.

Will work with Omicron, 510, 808, 901 Threads.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Xchadb said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

The new cartridges?

Close, but we are working on over 25 projects full time. We do have a first generation brand new cartridge design, getting that ready for testing.

This one is ready to be discussed. It is a unit that tests cartridges, cartomizers, atomizers, and units ( aka batteries for volts ) else if it is working.

Cartridges and atomizers are displayed in ohms.

Units are displayed in Volts.

Example you want to check and see if your cartridge is working? screw it on and flip the switch, it will display the cartridge/atomizer resistance, and if that matches the advertised resistance then it is working.

You want to see if your unit is charged? screw it on, flip the switch and press the button on the unit. It will display the voltage. Then you will compare with battery and see if it is charged up.

No more Guessing.
Tester__89249_zoom.png

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
will be able to test cartomizer, cartridges, atomizers, and units to see if it is working.
Soon will be available.

Oh, my, this could be seriously cool. If it gives some quantitative measure(s) of performance it could not only make for more informed decisions but go a long way to replacing the more subjective qualitative information we now have to use. It could, literally, set the standards.

And this is a product we can all own? This I gotta see.....

OF

Edit: OK, it's more of a go/no go tester. Also useful, but not as cool. Too bad, fun thought.

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
OF said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Soon will be available.

Oh, my, this could be seriously cool. If it gives some quantitative measure(s) of performance it could not only make for more informed decisions but go a long way to replacing the more subjective qualitative information we now have to use. It could, literally, set the standards.

And this is a product we can all own? This I gotta see.....

OF

We have the prototype picture posted one post above yours. But here it is.

Tester__89249_zoom.png

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
oh my bad! i thought you meant that you are currently testing units, you meant that there is a TESTING UNIT in the works ;)

i was just thinking of something like this when one of my carts went out and just wanted a sure fire way of narrowing down a problem quickly.

Xchadb,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Xchadb said:
oh my bad! i thought you meant that you are currently testing units, you meant that there is a TESTING UNIT in the works ;)

i was just thinking of something like this when one of my carts went out and just wanted a sure fire way of narrowing down a problem quickly.

Oh i will post pictures of the prototypes tomorrow you will see it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
sounds great! i know its pretty early but any guess on a price point for one of these things? :brow:

Xchadb,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Xchadb said:
sounds great! i know its pretty early but any guess on a price point for one of these things? :brow:

Not sure, but we know for a fact it is battery powered, and rechargeable and works wonders.

9 months of development on this.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
wow that is awesome, battery powered so i can take it with me in the car or backpack :D i think this thing will just make life easier with all these new cart and battery combos now

Xchadb,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Xchadb said:
wow that is awesome, battery powered so i can take it with me in the car or backpack :D i think this thing will just make life easier with all these new cart and battery combos now

It will work with all ecig style units and its cartridges/atomizers, and anything else that has these screws.

Exception to the rule. Some parts because of the size of the body will not allow the screw to fit.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom