Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Hey guys, I have kind of an off topic question. I have business in DC for a week in April. I will be flying from CA to Richmond VA. I will have carry-on luggage only. How do I carry my Omicron? I'll put a couple ampules of pure gold in with my vitamins. Thanks. :)

Jeppy,

JoeKickass

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Xchadb said:
sounds great! i know its pretty early but any guess on a price point for one of these things? :brow:

Not sure, but we know for a fact it is battery powered, and rechargeable and works wonders.

9 months of development on this.

Will it be similarly priced to a voltmeter? ($20-30)
qrUTe.jpg

3Yd3u.jpg

Also, will this display the battery voltage or the long-term voltage to the cart? I noticed the Omicron batteries have some minor voltage regulation going on. First the full voltage is delivered then it backs off to 3.8 and ramps to 3.9 slowly. For example:
Full Battery: 4.27v for an instant, then 3.85>3.86>3.87>3.88>3.89>3.90

A half used battery has displayed this behavior: 4.16v for an instant, then 3.80v constant

A very low/dying battery: will update.

I think this might just be over-current protection but which voltage is more accurate for gauging battery life?

JoeKickass,

2clicker

Observer
that is a cheap meter. most professional meters go for hundreds. in this case however, that meter may be plenty accurate.

2clicker,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
JoeKickass said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Xchadb said:
sounds great! i know its pretty early but any guess on a price point for one of these things? :brow:

Not sure, but we know for a fact it is battery powered, and rechargeable and works wonders.

http://i.imgur.com/qrUTe.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3Yd3u.jpg
Also, will this display the battery voltage or the long-term voltage to the cart? I noticed the Omicron batteries have some minor voltage regulation going on. First the full voltage is delivered then it backs off to 3.8 and ramps to 3.9 slowly. For example:

A half used battery has displayed this behavior: 4.16v for an instant, then 3.80v constant

I think this might just be over-current protection but which voltage is more accurate for gauging battery life?

I was thinking this myself. The threads from a broken charger could be used for the batterys and I can already test the carts with my multimeter although as you show its not just as simple as screwing it in and pressing the button.

ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
JoeKickass said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Xchadb said:

http://i.imgur.com/qrUTe.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3Yd3u.jpg

At this point we dont know the price because we dont have a final production prototype, but im sure its not in the hundreds. Shooting for less then $70. But at this price we are hoping you get all bells and whistles, please do not hold me to this.

Have you tried it with a different meter? Let me test it out and see whats up with the new design we are sending out now.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Hey, quick question. I just got carts from planetvape, filled one up with the same tasty oil that was in my old carts, and it tastes just awful. Kind of rubbery/waxy taste(I know its not the oil). So I pulled out the rest of the carts, and they all have the same oder. THC, whats the deal?
P.s. I'm very excited for the persia, you rock. :|

havealight101,

SlideOrDie

havealight101 said:
Hey, quick question. I just got carts from planetvape, filled one up with the same tasty oil that was in my old carts, and it tastes just awful. Kind of rubbery/waxy taste(I know its not the oil). So I pulled out the rest of the carts, and they all have the same oder. THC, whats the deal?

I noticed this with my carts as well, I believe it is the material used to package the carts that creates the smell/taste :(

SlideOrDie,
SlideOrDie said:
havealight101 said:

I noticed this with my carts as well, I believe it is the material used to package the carts that creates the smell/taste :(

The shipping packaging is what I thought too. The silica might have absorbed it. It sucks a lot though.
Didn't have that problem with carts I got from Delta.

havealight101,

crazypill

I've got the same thing- ordered carts from Planet Vape and they all have this nasty taste, it's kinda metallic/rubbery... total bummer :(

crazypill,
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Hmm can you describe the smell?
I think it tastes rubbery with a little metal. The mouth pieces really smell. I thought it might go away, but I can't use these, its pretty nasty. Back to the 2 month old cart. I'm sure the oil is ruined also. Sorry, just kinda bumbed after getting exited for some new tasty carts. You still rock... Just bummed.

havealight101,

eLiguL

Count me in too.

Definitely taste rubber, I have a cold right now and I can still taste it and smell it so its pretty strong.

Maybe its because my nose is clogged but I dont taste metal.

eLiguL,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The rubber mouth pieces are being replaced with the aluminum tips and Delrin tips. Just give us time to finish it within the next month.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have to chime in here too, I just got mine from Planetvapes last week, and had just loaded one up and noticed it. I was hoping this rubber taste was a fluke since I have not been using the Omicron for very long and didn't have a point of reference with older cartridges. The one that came with the kit was good, no bad taste that I noticed, but yeah, the new ones have a strong rubbery/plastic taste to me. Not sure about the metal taste that havealight101 noticed. A bad batch maybe?? I am using one of my own anodized aluminum mouthpieces, not the rubber tip.

jambandphan03,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
jambandphan03 said:
I have to chime in here too, I just got mine from Planetvapes last week, and had just loaded one up and noticed it. I was hoping this rubber taste was a fluke since I have not been using the Omicron for very long and didn't have a point of reference with older cartridges. The one that came with the kit was good, no bad taste that I noticed, but yeah, the new ones have a strong rubbery/plastic taste to me. Not sure about the metal taste that havealight101 noticed. A bad batch maybe?? I am using one of my own anodized aluminum mouthpieces, not the rubber tip.

do you have any cartridges from this batch that you ordered from planet vapes? can you send us these cartridges? If you have brand new ones that have not been used please send them to us. We want to see maybe a bad batch. But we have to have a brand new cartridge.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
That's 6 of us who have chimed is with the same problem. THC, who should we take this up with? U or olanetvape? I have 2 or 3 untouched I could send from midwest. BTW, the first one I filled, the coil was working, but it seemed like something was stopping the oil from getting to the wick. So it just got hot with a little rubbery taste, so I dumped it in the next, and got huge ripps, but still nasty.

havealight101,

crazypill

Thanks for the speedy responses- that makes me less anxious about my new Omicron...

I tried hitting it without the mouth piece because I suspected this was where the taste was coming from but it's not. I remember when I was testing the carts it let out a strange odor... The odor is like the cart I just filled which tastes like rubber. It has a toxic sort of quality to it that makes me nervous enough to consider this a total loss.

I'm hoping I just got some bum carts that I can exchange?? I have three more that are like the first two I ruined expensive meds in...

crazypill,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
crazypill said:
Thanks for the speedy responses- that makes me less anxious about my new Omicron...

I tried hitting it without the mouth piece because I suspected this was where the taste was coming from but it's not. I remember when I was testing the carts it let out a strange odor... The odor is like the cart I just filled which tastes like rubber. It has a toxic sort of quality to it that makes me nervous enough to consider this a total loss.

I'm hoping I just got some bum carts that I can exchange?? I have three more that are like the first two I ruined expensive meds in...

When first using the cartridge when empty the heating wire "sets in" oxidation takes hold. This is what happens at first.

We are checking with our manufacturing as we speak. This will be handled by us.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

crazypill

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
jambandphan03 said:

do you have any cartridges from this batch that you ordered from planet vapes? can you send us these cartridges? If you have brand new ones that have not been used please send them to us. We want to see maybe a bad batch. But we have to have a brand new cartridge.

I would be glad to send you mine- I'm not gonna use them and I have 4 that are untouched... The one that came in my kit and one of the 5 pack I got are the same... Let me know how to go about sending them to you.

crazypill,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
crazypill said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
jambandphan03 said:

I would be glad to send you mine- I'm not gonna use them and I have 4 that are untouched... The one that came in my kit and one of the 5 pack I got are the same... Let me know how to go about sending them to you.

Please submit the ticket, and we will give you a address to ship it to us, we will take care of all issues. Do not worry we will even credit you for your shipping when we figure out the issue.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

crazypill

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
crazypill said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Please submit the ticket, and we will give you a address to ship it to us, we will take care of all issues. Do not worry we will even credit you for your shipping when we figure out the issue.

I'm new here and I don't know what a ticket is but thank you for the generous offer. I will be glad to submit a ticket if you tell me how... thanks!

crazypill,
Top Bottom