OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

dtrdrk

I dont understand why the base is circular. Doesnt that make the grip one gets from the rectangular top useless?

dtrdrk,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I dont understand why the base is circular. Doesnt that make the grip one gets from the rectangular top useless?

Huh? It is not exactly circular anymore, it has the new scalloped grip, also the top is a hexagon... Which you can grip with your fingers, regardless of the bottom being a different shape, so I guess I don't really understand what you don't understand??

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark

Huh? It is not exactly circular anymore, it has the new scalloped grip, also the top is a hexagon... Which you can grip with your fingers, regardless of the bottom being a different shape, so I guess I don't really understand what you don't understand??
Yes. I think the base is somewhat hexagonal too. Will be very good to grip, I think.

Finessseee

Yeah the bottom (and center) part have the nice palm-involved-grip design while the top part has that finger-powered-twist/screw design.

It actually looks at least as ergonomic as some of the other grinders that use this as a selling point (like Gleichdick).
I use a raw hemp made grinder which has a similar look and it’s actually super easy to use, even for my girlfriend who didn’t like using other grinders in the past. This style is actually easier to grip and turn especially for people with arthritis and carpal tunnel. Surprised these style grinders aren’t more available. I’ll be snagging this one as it seems this and the ZAM grinders are the only stainless steel grinders under $100~

felvapes

The base of the grinder has finger grip scallops
The top does also
It's made to fit the hand ergonomically

The reject bin model I have doesn't have the same scallops as the refined version and is still easy to grip

Ben has a friend who is making 3d printed grips that can be slipped over the top for people with arthritis or grip issues
Although most people won't need them

A video demo of .5g in the reject bin beta model

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Once your payment processor is available will you be sending invoices to the pre-orders people to cover the price increase?
@MCH mentioned the current pre-orders' price wouldn't be increased. I understood that the current price is in effect for that first batch of 100 numbered ones, and the price increase follows from then on.

Planck

believes in Dog
I don't collect much vape stuff and even though I'm in Canada I didn't get a BCG. Sure it looks nice and may well be a serious upgrade to my trusty SCS that I've used for years but it failed to supplant the SCS

BUT this one is next level and will be mine. Watched 2 videos and I'm on the pre-order. :wave:

@MCH great work mate! May the world be your oyster, I'm delighted to get onboard this early.
I think your design is brilliant and the machining looks first rate.

For your consideration;
The only suggestion or improvement I'd welcome is less branding. I'm probably in the minority in this but I know I am not the only one. In fact if you still had the Medical Cannabis branding you started with I would not have ordered. The current branding didn't stop me from ordering but I would prefer something smaller, more discreet.

Naturally I understand why products are branded however I find most are way overdone. My favorite branding is from Cannabis Hardware, just a beautifully machine well designed logo on the shovelhead bowl and it only appears there. Speaks confidence to me, our product is that good we don't need to shout at ya.

TeaCup

@MCH : Selfishly wishing you success so you can expand to offer a course plate! I've never bought a decent grinder and have been patiently waiting for BCG's stainless steel version but never really liked the looks of the BCG. Loved the look of the Flower Mill but I don't want to mill. Insert Old Mate. Damn it, patiently waiting again.:zzz:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm in.
I'm pretty excited to still get on the pre-order list! Sounds like he's getting right into them. So, for me this may be a shorter wait than for the BCG.
Checkout was a seamless debit card transaction. Shipped to US, $106.

Edit, I'll add that I also prefer branding on bottom, but I may be a little late to the party...

Last edited:

SneakyLeek

Would it be possible to pre order one but without branding on the top (either on the bottom or no branding at all)?

If yes I'll be pre ordering straight away. I think the branding is in the design much more so than anything that could be engraved. The design is very unique and looks amazing.

I'm tossing up between this and a BCG, but as an Aussie I'd much rather support this (and I also think it may be the superior product - just not tried and tested like the BCG is).

felvapes

Would it be possible to pre order one but without branding on the top (either on the bottom or no branding at all)?

If yes I'll be pre ordering straight away. I think the branding is in the design much more so than anything that could be engraved. The design is very unique and looks amazing.

I'm tossing up between this and a BCG, but as an Aussie I'd much rather support this (and I also think it may be the superior product - just not tried and tested like the BCG is).
Pics can't be uploaded here
I have elsewhere
My bcg gummed up after a full clean in a few days
The OMD is still grinding with ease
I posted a video above
My small bcg does not compete with the speed of the OMD or the non stick

Feelingmedicated

I like weed

I feel similar about the branding. I definitely want it to have a logo though so it’s identifiable.

felvapes

With the reject bin model I have the brand and picture look very good while spinning
Creates patterns and almost a hologram look

To me the top needs at least two places with something on it for the visual spinning effects

I look at this grinder spinning more than stationary like others, so my visual pleasure is more based on that action than still shots

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
My bcg gummed up after a full clean in a few days
The OMD is still grinding with ease
I posted a video above
My small bcg does not compete with the speed of the OMD or the non stick
That's interesting since the BCG is sort of known for not gumming up and continuing to grind even when dirty.

In your video, the OMD seemed to work fairly well, but it was a light load and hard to judge based solely on that demonstration. Looking forward to more of them getting out into the wild (and more positive feedback :tup:). Thanks!

felvapes

That's pretty interesting since the BCG is sort of known for not gumming up and continuing to grind even when dirty.

In your video, the OMD seemed to fairly well, but it was a light load and hard to judge based solely on that demonstration. Looking forward to more of them getting out into the wild (and more positive feedback :tup:).
It was a .5g load
That is all my bcg will take before being over loaded - so I did the same as a comparison
There's actually quite a few people sharing pictures of gummed up BCGs
I also get bits stuck in the groove where the plastic slide sits
The bcg cuts, but gets gummed up and holds some of the weed
It is no where near as quick or clean
I can chop 1.5/2 grams in the OMD no problems

Pictures speak louder than text
I've shared them in other places a few times
That's where others also shared their gummed bcgs in reply

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

With the reject bin model I have the brand and picture look very good while spinning
Creates patterns and almost a hologram look

To me the top needs at least two places with something on it for the visual spinning effects

I look at this grinder spinning more than stationary like others, so my visual pleasure is more based on that action than still shots
Previously @Thick Vape mentioned this:

For Ideas, there was a guy doing such "spinning art" on yoyo's and turntables, I just can't seem to find him on the net now.

Some dedicated design might create even more interesting visuals, also at different speeds and such.

Top Bottom