• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Official CBD Discussion Thread

Which statement best describes your relationship with CBD?

• I use CBD because it helps treat medical issues that I have.

• I use CBD recreationally (either by itself or mixed with THC to change the buzz).

• I tried CBD and liked it, but I don't use it very often.

• I tried CBD and didn't like it, so I don't use it anyomre.

• I am still in the process of trying CBD for a while, to see if I like it.

• I've never tired dosing myself with CBD (THC-Free).

• Other (Explain in post, and note that you chose this option.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

C No Ego

Excellent post. I've spent some time thinking about all of this too.

I take your point, and have wondered the same myself. At the same time, I sort of struggle to see what the mechanism of damage would be. CBG is "newer" than CBD. We don't even know if CBD is totally safe in high doses. But people have been taking absolutely outrageous doses of CBD for over a decade now. Including children, the elderly, and the very ill. While we don't know if high doses of CBD cause long term issues, we probably know enough to say it isn't causing acute damage. Or it would be apparent by now.

My feeling on the whole matter is, it seems very unlikely that hemp extracts will one day be found to be deadly. The cannabinoids involved modulate our body's endocannabinoid system, but the effects still seem quite mild. For about 4 years now, I take hemp extract dabs multiple times per day. It's all I consume when the sun is up on working days. Every health marker, bloodwork, blood sugar/pressure etc has improved in that time period. Maybe one day this will come back to bite me in the ass. I just struggle to see how modulating the endocannabinoid system is going to do so.

Also... it's not like I eat perfectly. Unless you're only eating whole foods, I'd be more worried about the shit going into your stomach than your lungs. Yeah, taking heroic doses of CBD or CBG is new. But so are the multisyllabic chemicals that have seeped into the modern food supply. I know which seems to be more likely to cause long term problems. And it's probably not the hemp.

We could also take these worries even further. It would seem like vaping flower with a more "traditional" high THC/Low CBD/CBG mix is much safer than consuming extracts. We don't actually know that's true either. There's a long history of smoking cannabis. But vaping involves consuming chemicals that would likely be destroyed during smoking (lipids come to mind). It still seems to me that vaping is much healthier, despite there not being conclusive evidence to back up that opinion.
the key with phytocannabinoids = non selective ... they cannot select for a pathway but just via their shape and chem structure will metabolize in to the pathways as per the cells' requirements . this is how they are safe ( therapeutic index = 50,000 to 1) and cannot in any way act as a toxin ... Mechoulam still calims after 50/60 years = THC is a non toxic metabolite, incapable of causing a toxic response ... ad tat is the metabolite of cannabis that everyone is up in arms about ( all research ETC..../ NIDA @ that LOL) . so far we still only have NIDA smoke hamr research and all they claim is = more research needed ... so long they have been wanting and want More ... FAIL

C No Ego,
Reactions: florduh

EverythingsHazy

the key with phytocannabinoids = non selective ... they cannot select for a pathway but just via their shape and chem structure will metabolize in to the pathways as per the cells' requirements . this is how they are safe ( therapeutic index = 50,000 to 1) and cannot in any way act as a toxin ... Mechoulam still calims after 50/60 years = THC is a non toxic metabolite, incapable of causing a toxic response ... ad tat is the metabolite of cannabis that everyone is up in arms about ( all research ETC..../ NIDA @ that LOL) . so far we still only have NIDA smoke hamr research and all they claim is = more research needed ... so long they have been wanting and want More ... FAIL
THC has been shown, by numerous studies, to have some potential negative effects on the brain, especially when CBD is not present.

I definitely don't believe that every chemical in the Cannabis plant is 100% harmless at every dose. That's rare for any chemical.

Most reasonable people wouldn't think the bok choi would be able to put you in a coma, but look at it. It's always worth doing research before consuming an excessive amount of anything.
An 88-year-old Chinese woman, who was eating large amounts of bok choy in hopes of controlling her diabetes, ended up in a coma after ‘overdosing’ on the vegetable, according to a report in the New England Journal of Medicine.
The woman, who was not identified in the report, was brought by her family to an emergency room at a hospital in New York City last summer. She was unable to swallow or walk for three days.

When doctors examined her, they discovered she had a severe case of hypothyroidism, which left her in a thyroid-induced coma. A breathing tube was inserted and she was taken to the intensive care unit where she eventually recovered.

Because the woman was eating so much bok choy—between 2 to 3 pounds on a daily basis—doctors believe an enzyme in the vegetable hindered the thyroid’s ability to function properly.

“This case demonstrates the potential for nutritional factors to have a profound effect on health,” it was stated in the report.

C No Ego

THC has been shown, by numerous studies, to have some potential negative effects on the brain, especially when CBD is not present.

I definitely don't believe that every chemical in the Cannabis plant is 100% harmless at every dose. That's rare for any chemical.

Most reasonable people wouldn't think the bok choi would be able to put you in a coma, but look at it. It's always worth doing research before consuming an excessive amount of anything.
Tiny infants with inoperable disease are recovering with THC therapy .. tiny people with zero immune system ... you'd think that right away using phytocananbinoids in hundreds of mg used intravenously would hram them from the start as there is no immune system to handle anything foreign that could possiblty harm them ... this is the norm in places like Israel to use phytocannabinoids on any sized people with no immune response whatsoever ... the added plasticity of metabolizing those plant ligands is the meds... more cellular plasticity , and learning , adaptation all of it .... immune boosters it seems as they help the endocananbinid system down regulate itself with those plant structures .

this is where I'm at now ... I'm done asking ... the research is there and the fact that dying infatns are being brought back to life with cannabis therapies is all I need to know...

C No Ego,

Tranquility

Tiny infants with inoperable disease are recovering with THC therapy .. tiny people with zero immune system ... you'd think that right away using phytocananbinoids in hundreds of mg used intravenously would hram them from the start as there is no immune system to handle anything foreign that could possiblty harm them ... this is the norm in places like Israel to use phytocannabinoids on any sized people with no immune response whatsoever ... the added plasticity of metabolizing those plant ligands is the meds... more cellular plasticity , and learning , adaptation all of it .... immune boosters it seems as they help the endocananbinid system down regulate itself with those plant structures .

this is where I'm at now ... I'm done asking ... the research is there and the fact that dying infatns are being brought back to life with cannabis therapies is all I need to know...
Intravenous THC therapy of hundreds of milligrams in infants with complete resolution of disease process to the point of bringing the infant back to life? Where can I find such a study or claim?

EverythingsHazy

That can all be true, without meaning that there are no potential hazards to use/overuse of certain cannabinoids.

People are given many drugs with work wonders for them, but that doesn't mean that those druge are competely safe. Sometimes, they can be safe for one person and dangerous for another, and other times, they can be safe for most people at low doses, but once you reach a certain dose, they start to have negative effects.

A big problem in the Cannabis community is the tendency to fall prey to the following biases:

1. Cognitive Dissonance: "the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change."
-
When faced with information that causes someone's beliefs to contradict their actions (readin that THC can have some negative effects, while also consuing a large amountof THC on a daily basis) can cause them to change either their belief or their action, sothat the contradiction and uncomfortable feeling that comes with it can be relieved.

2. Confirmation Bias: : "the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories"
-
People also tend to look for new information that supports their existing belief, more than information that is unbiased or even opposing.
-When searching about THC's effects on the brain, "THC Brain Effects" is a better search option than "Is THC safe for the brain". The former will show articles relating to THC, the Brain, and Effects. The latter will show articles that likely contain the word "safe", which will skew your results.

3. The Black & White Fallacy / The False Dillema:
"...a statement falsely claims or assumes an "either/or" situation, when in fact there is at least one additional logically valid option."

A lot of people answer the "is Cannabis use potentially harmful" question, with "nobody has died from Cannabis use", which assumes, incorrectly, that death is the only possible harm. It splits human health into life vs death, and ignores what's in between.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: nms

C No Ego

@Tranquility

@EverythingsHazy

ingesting therapeutic doses of high concentration THC accesses CB1 receptors to then reach deeper into CB2 @ the mitochondria ... the therapeutic index @ 50,000 to 1 describes how viable the phytocananbinoid is @ such large dosages ( enough to make it through cb1 and target cb2) ... cb1 is the ions ( CNS/ electron transport) and cb2 is Glutamate ( fat recycling / Autophogy )
activating the CNS like that via cb1 creates more free radicals and cb2 recycles any of those damages via fat burning .. extremely high dosages of THC access the entirety of the endocananbinoid system ... small dosages only bump into the ions @ the cell periphery mainly however we have found cb1 Xpresion @ the mitochondria as well

@Tranq, I assume you want peer reviewed articles on illegal cannabis plants healing and curing people ? Sorry , I got nothing.
as to my mention of THC , well that is from real Cannabis ... plant based THC not Marinol or any other pharma single compound med avaible from them . that is the only peer review you will find is testing single cannabinoid drugs on mice and rats

Last edited:
C No Ego,

thunderstealer1337

I'm ready to buy/try cbd, can anyone recommend some online trusted vendors that have black friday deals? I'm looking for flower and concentrates. I checked a few months ago and found 2 sites but can't find them again or was to high to remember how to get there.

I do recall 1 vendor sent a business card that had something like, sorry officer this guy bought his legal stash from xyzcbd vendor or something along those lines.

What great deals are you guys seeing for black friday? Tia

thunderstealer1337,

thunderstealer1337

Any reputable vendors for cbd concentrates dabs/shatter? The sheet is great/helpful but super extensive and 9/10 vendors I click on don't have what I'm looking for.

After a hr or so of clicking I bought some stuff from wildflower hemp co.

Anybody have any favorite vendors for concentrates? Not interested in terpene added concentrates, more full spectrum thanks

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Gave My CBD Haven a big send up. Plus the other posts might be helpful. :sherlock:

CuckFumbustion,

C No Ego

New data suggesting that cbd and other chemicals found in weed actually
repair lung damage.
the only verifiable biochemistry into the subject shows the metabolites of cannabis are anti oxidant , neuroprotection type compounds in our cells... we have no other way to describe them scientifically with the observations we have performed. the exact and complete opposite of the mainstream Stance the last 45 years

C No Ego,
Reactions: vapirtoo

Texus

Just got my variety pack from Cascadia, and very pleasantly surprised by the flavor of Sour Lifter out of my Bowle. Nice to be able to puff with enthusiasm without worrying about getting in psychoactive THC trouble...

Texus,
Reactions: Bad Dog

daoist

I have noticed something weird (maybe it s just because i am wired a bit weird, not sure). Lately I have had some muscle or bone inflammation kind of feelings. I know it gets worse when I eat candy and sweet things. I thought i take CBD oil capsules for this and it did not feel it worked, in fact the opposite is true that it seems to make it worse.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

When I rub cbd oil (like a massage oil) on the painfull places it seems to help a lot more up to the point that the pain goes away.

So I was wondering what would be the difference between ingesting CBD oil capsules vs rubbing oil on the body. I don't understand how this works. or maybe i just need a different brand of oil.?

daoist,

C No Ego

I have noticed something weird (maybe it s just because i am wired a bit weird, not sure). Lately I have had some muscle or bone inflammation kind of feelings. I know it gets worse when I eat candy and sweet things. I thought i take CBD oil capsules for this and it did not feel it worked, in fact the opposite is true that it seems to make it worse.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

When I rub cbd oil (like a massage oil) on the painfull places it seems to help a lot more up to the point that the pain goes away.

So I was wondering what would be the difference between ingesting CBD oil capsules vs rubbing oil on the body. I don't understand how this works. or maybe i just need a different brand of oil.?
the main difference is one processes through liver , the other through skin cells .. we know THC turns into THC hydroxy 11 in liver ... CBD as well has a first pass metabolite associated with it and liver ... not sure what that one is ... another thing most CBD is bred from sativa lineage .. that means moire alerting more , more , more while not really calming or providing pain relief

C No Ego,

daoist

I will stick with the cbd skin oil for now. If i mix the massage/skil oil with another full spectrum cbd oil do you know if it mixes well?
Do i have to heat it? or just shake it when i do that?

daoist,

nms

I am waiting on more scientific input on CBD, it seems that research isn't moving forward very much and the studies which mention it require acute dosages for it to work(like 600mg ingested). Current consumption methods have no scientific basis and dosage is highly different than the dosages studied.

I also don't like that most people sell what they call full-spectrum as if it was better, because there's so much crap in it that's very likely to be troublesome in many ways. Not only that but it's unreasonably expensive. It won't be an alternative for any medicine while it remains so unfocused and so expensive.

On the past 10 years or so a lot has been discovered regarding some mechanisms of action of CBD, some of the receptors it triggers and how they work. It was even found to be beneficial in treating certain cases of untreatable epylepsy. Studies on terminal cancer patients have also be done, but not much data can be taken due to the circumstances of the patients. It is now used as treatment for that rare form of epylepsy but nothing else, at least within the scientific community. A lot of people use it but this is all anecdotal. A proper treatment requires replicability and consistency and must survive double blind studies.

There seem to be some benefits for stress or anxiety disorders on very acute dosages, but side effects have not been evaluated and the populations used were very limited. On top of that, given a 600mg ingested dose per day you'd be a poor man after a month if you used it to treat such conditions. Lower doses showed no improvement.

It seems to be a well tolerated drug though. It has to move forward a lot before I'd consider it for any kind of medicinal use. There's just not enough evidence. Hopefully it does prove to be a good treatment and pharmaceutical companies invest on actually producing it so it gets to reasonable prices, because as it is, it's just too expensive.

nms,

daoist

Well terpenes are the key to success in my opinion.
the cbd is just another terpene. the entourage effect with the other terpenes does the rest.

daoist,
  • Wow
Reactions: shredder

nms

Can you provide the source for that statement please? I'd like to know more about that.

... another thing most CBD is bred from sativa lineage .. that means moire alerting more , more , more while not really calming or providing pain relief
Sigh... the claim that CBD is activating and isn't pain relieving just isn't true. I refer you to Project CBD
If you have a COA to read when you buy hemp CBD flower much of it is very high in myrcene.
More from Project CBD:https://www.projectcbd.org/cbd-101/cbd-misconceptions

Myth #7 “CBD IS SEDATING.”

Moderate doses of CBD are mildly energizing (“alerting”). But very high doses of CBD may trigger a biphasic effect and can be sleep-promoting. If CBD-rich cannabis flower confers a sedating effect, it’s likely because of a myrcene-rich terpene profile. Myrcene is a terpene with sedative and painkilling properties. CBD is not intrinsically sedating, but it may help to restore better sleeping patterns by reducing anxiety.

Last edited:
archangelz001,

daoist

Well the fact of the matter is that the terpenes dictate the effect, not if it is indica or sativa.
For example lemon kush is indica, lemon haze is sativa but both have limonene terpenes in there.
but as i mentioned before the combination with other terpenes will influence the effect as well.
to make it more complicated, your personal bio-chemistry also can have an effect, that is why different people like different strains.

i don't need a scientist to tell me what i like or don't like. i just simply try it out myself.
everybody is different so it is hard to get conclusive numbers. I value certain scientific facts such as the best decarbing temperatures but they are not smart enough to research entourage effects and phenotypes as this is more in the realm of anecdotal evidence. Even the form of intake can have influence. edibles are different from vaping, and even the type of vaporizer (conduction, convection or hybrid) has influence on the effect.

it is really very complex to study that shit because you can angle it in many different ways,

nms

My only problem with trying myself is that the human brain is not that good at self-evaluating effects, reason why, all placebo trials produce some sort of effect, when they should produce none. As I am no more capable than anyone else, I have to wait for the conclusions of a scientific process, as it accounts for personal bias, and delivers replicable results over a very wide spectrum of people.

daoist

Well those terpenes are not new to science and are used in aromatherapy or traditional chinese medicine or even in witchcraft.
the terpenes are in all plants.
but combine that with cannabinoids and it entourages into a turbo-boosted terpene-fuckfest. it is a different game that is not studied enough yet.
but i know what i need for me. that does not mean sombody else needs that too. I watched the troy and jerry podcasts a lot and i remember troy said he gave his wife a creative weed because she is an artist of some sort and it did nothing for her, other than make her sleepy i guess. So what works for one does not work for another. That remains the big mystery, but anecdotal evidence is valuable nonetheless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom