Official CBD Discussion Thread

Which statement best describes your relationship with CBD?

• I use CBD because it helps treat medical issues that I have.

• I use CBD recreationally (either by itself or mixed with THC to change the buzz).

• I tried CBD and liked it, but I don't use it very often.

• I tried CBD and didn't like it, so I don't use it anyomre.

• I am still in the process of trying CBD for a while, to see if I like it.

• I've never tired dosing myself with CBD (THC-Free).

• Other (Explain in post, and note that you chose this option.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ginolicious

Well ingesting oil does take longer for the body to break it up. Whereas flower takes. A lot less.

GinoLicious,

1nd3cEnt

I'm curious about the differences between vaping CBD flower and ingesting CBD oil in regards to the effect on a person. Is the difference as pronounced as it is between vaping THC flower and ingesting THC edibles (as far as type of effect, duration, etc.)?

Cannabidiol [pron. ca-na-bi-DI-ol] appears to be the component in cannabis that generates the 'stoned' effect, but not the 'trippy' effect. This result is particularly noticeable with CBD concentrates & CBD edibles. I make edibles from CBD avb - you get stoned but you do not trip out bc the total D9-THC content (D9-THC + D9-THCa) is either quite low or negligible. The chances of 'greening out' on CBD edibles is much lower than with D9-THC edibles. I believe that edibles made from full-spectrum CBD will become quite popular bc of these advantages. A very common method of consuming CBD is alcohol-based tinctures, mainly bc of the rapidity of onset compared to the slower onset of edibles & ease of dosing.

The main health benefit of CBD is its antiinflammatory properties, in addition to its specific anxiolytic property. The literature indicates that edibles is the most efficacious method of consuming CBD for health benefits.

Vaping: fastest onset but shortest lasting & least profound effects,
Tinctures: moderate onset but longer lasting & more profound effects,
Edibles: slowest onset but longest lasting & most profound effects.

ginolicious

@1nd3cEnt What is the trippy effect from THC? Last year I been solely on CBD. Grown by myself. I find the high from CBD to be mellow and relaxing. I can legit do it l day. Sometimes I do vape THC with the GF. And I feel the Stoney feeling that I don’t feel on CBD. Like THC just has a heavy feeling to me. Where as CBD I feel nothing other than relaxed. Mellow. And light. If that makes any fucking sense haha.

1nd3cEnt

What is the trippy effect from THC?

D9-trans-tetrahydocannibinol is a known psychotropic/hallucinogenic chemical, so I say 'trippy' bc D9-THC seems similar to tripping on magic mushroom/psilocybin or acid/LSD. The 'stoney' effect, imho, is the couch-lock effect, & the 'trippy' effect is hallucinating.

But my usage of these terms here is subjective & may not apply to anyone else, ymmv. In fact, I never distinguished between the two effects until I started vaping & ingesting CBD, & then, the difference between the effects of CBD & D9-THC became really apparent.

The same can be said of Cannabigerol/CBG - CBG is more trippy but not as stoney compared to CBD. I much prefer to mix D9-THC with CBG than with CBD. I find the high amounts of Myrcene in CBD flower to be way too much for my taste, & consequently prefer full-spectrum CBD concentrates over CBD flower.

Last edited:

ginolicious

I think the type of strain would have an affect on the Stoney feeling. Like a sativa CBD over a indica CBD. I know my plants are Sativa CBD. And then I know the kush strain is a heavy fucking indica for me. Makes me useless. Couch lock. Put on a movie. Can be asleep within 15-20 minutes. I’ve never had a trippy feeling with thc. I get anxiety from it. But no psychedelic tripping like mushrooms for example. That’s why I opt for CBD daily. Doesn’t give the stone effect.

I know my mom loves my CBD bud. She hates getting stoned and feels normal with my weed. But that it takes away her ailments.

GinoLicious,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

1nd3cEnt

I know my mom loves my CBD bud. She hates getting stoned and feels normal with my weed. But that it takes away her ailments.

That's fantastic!

D9-THC can take some getting used to bc of the hallucinations, some find the sometimes disorienting or the anxiety-raising effects of D9-THC to be off-putting. But D9-THC is a powerful analgesic, CBD much less so, if at all.

It's disapointing to see that you had poor results squishing CBD flower. I am very interested in a press for exactly that reason.

1nd3cEnt,

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
Cannabidiol [pron. ca-na-bi-DI-ol] appears to be the component in cannabis that generates the 'stoned' effect, but not the 'trippy' effect. This result is particularly noticeable with CBD concentrates & CBD edibles. I make edibles from CBD avb - you get stoned but you do not trip out bc the total D9-THC content (D9-THC + D9-THCa) is either quite low or negligible. The chances of 'greening out' on CBD edibles is much lower than with D9-THC edibles. I believe that edibles made from full-spectrum CBD will become quite popular bc of these advantages. A very common method of consuming CBD is alcohol-based tinctures, mainly bc of the rapidity of onset compared to the slower onset of edibles & ease of dosing.

The main health benefit of CBD is its antiinflammatory properties, in addition to its specific anxiolytic property. The literature indicates that edibles is the most efficacious method of consuming CBD for health benefits.

Vaping: fastest onset but shortest lasting & least profound effects,
Tinctures: moderate onset but longer lasting & more profound effects,
Edibles: slowest onset but longest lasting & most profound effects.
Thank you so much for all that info - much appreciated. And to the rest of you for the continuing discussion. Very interesting.

scooterboy,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I’ve been using cbd for a while now and I use it for a few reasons but really I’m more of a occasional user at most a few times a week unless my back is out. I find it does little for the kind of pain I have but I do notice better mobility and range of motion as well faster recovery time usually, I micro dose thc for the pain because I find for myself to much thc when my back is out actually makes it worse so it nice to have a alternative I can also use to satisfy the desire to vape. I also like cbd if I’ve tried a new thc strain and it doesn’t agree with me, I can be a bit strain sensitive and have come across several I plain old don’t like. Cbd just seems to smooth out the rough edges I can feel without the risk of getting higher and still not feeling right if I had vaped something that I do like trying to straighten out the high. Now that I’m trying to get away from daytime thc use I see my replacing that with cbd or a 1:1 mix in the meantime, so I guess I’ll be using it more reliably soon.

Zoned89

Hey a cbd thread! I choose other because my anxiety isn’t a medical condition, although maybe it is considering it keeps me from communicating effectively with others. I would say on a scale of 1 to agoraphobic, im a 7.6, when I used thc it was worse, but I just didn’t care, it was the best
Thing I had ever tried and it got me socializing and going outside. too much manic attacks with all
This weapons grade stuff these days tho.
So then I tried cbd, from tweedle and they were solid. Then I tried apical, and got into concentrates from there.
cbg dabs 1:3 with real dabs is amazing, and cbd dabs and cba heavy cbd flower is pretty much perfect for my specific issues.
just ordered the 3600 entourage oil from apical so excited to see how that does vs smoke or vaping.
I will say if your using extracts for dabs, I can NOT recommend enough sourcing whole plant derived terpines, and mixing some into pure cbd extract, saves tons of cash and you can really pinpoint which terpines work best with various ‘noids.
cbg,cba, and linolool +myrcene for example makes me go right tf to sleep.

cbd is fantastic and luckily legal where I live so ordering isn’t an issue.

ginolicious

Hey a cbd thread! I choose other because my anxiety isn’t a medical condition, although maybe it is considering it keeps me from communicating effectively with others. I would say on a scale of 1 to agoraphobic, im a 7.6, when I used thc it was worse, but I just didn’t care, it was the best
Thing I had ever tried and it got me socializing and going outside. too much manic attacks with all
This weapons grade stuff these days tho.
So then I tried cbd, from tweedle and they were solid. Then I tried apical, and got into concentrates from there.
cbg dabs 1:3 with real dabs is amazing, and cbd dabs and cba heavy cbd flower is pretty much perfect for my specific issues.
just ordered the 3600 entourage oil from apical so excited to see how that does vs smoke or vaping.
I will say if your using extracts for dabs, I can NOT recommend enough sourcing whole plant derived terpines, and mixing some into pure cbd extract, saves tons of cash and you can really pinpoint which terpines work best with various ‘noids.
cbg,cba, and linolool +myrcene for example makes me go right tf to sleep.

cbd is fantastic and luckily legal where I live so ordering isn’t an issue.

Yeah the terpenes at different temperatures totally unlock different effects. That’s for sure.

GinoLicious,
Reactions: Zoned89

Bad Dog

Cbd choice is pretty poor where I live in Ontario, the OCS (Ontario cannabis store) has only 2 high cbd strains and a handful of 1:1 I'm going to pick up a few to try out of their indica varieties. Been cutting back on thc and it's mostly been agreeing with me but I really find myself missing more frequent and heavier use and I think cbd is a good option. I'm hoping I find something I like a bit better than the cannatonic I get from my LG they market it as a hybrid and balanced hybrids are among my least favourite bud when it comes to thc, so I'm hoping I enjoy a indica more.

Zoned89

Cbd choice is pretty poor where I live in Ontario, the OCS (Ontario cannabis store) has only 2 high cbd strains and a handful of 1:1 I'm going to pick up a few to try out of their indica varieties. Been cutting back on thc and it's mostly been agreeing with me but I really find myself missing more frequent and heavier use and I think cbd is a good option. I'm hoping I find something I like a bit better than the cannatonic I get from my LG they market it as a hybrid and balanced hybrids are among my least favourite bud when it comes to thc, so I'm hoping I enjoy a indica more.
I have some shaky cbd bits that I use when I just want to burn a bowl. Its cheaper than my thc bud and doesn’t give me elevated anxiety.

Vapeyvaporson,

ginolicious

Try to find Candida Cd1. This strain is unreal. It’s very high in CBD especially if you find the Sativa pheno. Flavour is excellent too.

And yes. I’m in Ontario as well. Ocs sucks. You just have altavie that produces a high CBD strain. Not much variety.

GinoLicious,

Bad Dog

Not to mention that with the popularity of cbd so far most of what they have has been on the shelf since they opened, better be ready with a moisturizer pack to try and resuscitate it..... CLEAR...... thud. I’m going to pick up the 1 indica high cbd and a bit of a variety of the 1:1’s since I do appreciate a little sativa during the day and that is predominantly what I want it for. For me right now even though I want to stop daytime thc use change is difficult at the best of times let alone the current situation we find ourselves in. I think the 1:1 will help me further lower my tolerance before taking the more difficult step of cbd only until after 6. Even though today is one of my cheat days I just couldn’t justify having another Elev8r for breakfast so soon 😭 think I’ll save it for a late lunch lol So that left micro dosing on the table but today the Dynavap just wasn’t going to cut it. I wanted a big hit and my Weedeater scratches that itch pretty well and I wanted the biggest hit possible which is a full bowl and that’s not quite a micro dose so I swapped out my thc bud for cbd a topped the bowl with yesterday’s sativa and today’s cbd kief from my grinder
my lungs can’t tell the difference

ginolicious

Has anyone treated prostitis with CBD? CBD is an anti inflammatory and when the prostate flares up it’s inflamed so would the CBD help it?

GinoLicious,

cvs8floz

Bad buzz. I have chronic now. With flare ups ever few months. Last 2 days had some real bad flare ups where I needed hot baths to sit in and soak. I was hoping it would help. Damnit.
I was planning to post about prostatitis so seeing your post gave me the incentive. I have had it for about 8 years, it originally came on over a period of a few weeks and has been the worst health issue I have had to face. Doctors and antibiotics did nothing, they really don't know what to tell you, you are on your own. I was in misery for months, the first bit of relieve I got was from accupressure, especially on the feet and ankle. It wasn't until I became a regular cannabis user in 2015 that I started to see improvement to the point where I could sit on a chair without a cushion, the relief for me came from THC, not CBD which I only started more recently. The other big insight I gained, and it took me years to realize it: cut out the red meat, no more steaks, hamburgers, only the occasional stew where the meat has simmered for hours and is no longer red. I would say my condition improved 90% but it is a lingering condition that occasionally resurfaces, would love to hear from others who are going through this.

ginolicious

I was planning to post about prostatitis so seeing your post gave me the incentive. I have had it for about 8 years, it originally came on over a period of a few weeks and has been the worst health issue I have had to face. Doctors and antibiotics did nothing, they really don't know what to tell you, you are on your own. I was in misery for months, the first bit of relieve I got was from accupressure, especially on the feet and ankle. It wasn't until I became a regular cannabis user in 2015 that I started to see improvement to the point where I could sit on a chair without a cushion, the relief for me came from THC, not CBD which I only started more recently. The other big insight I gained, and it took me years to realize it: cut out the red meat, no more steaks, hamburgers, only the occasional stew where the meat has simmered for hours and is no longer red. I would say my condition improved 90% but it is a lingering condition that occasionally resurfaces, would love to hear from others who are going through this.

Jesus fuck. I love my steaks and hamburgers. Yeah maybe I should try THC. I haven’t used thc in about 6 months.

GinoLicious,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
You might try THCA. It has been said to be up to 100x more effective than THC for treating certain conditions. I feel like this is the “elephant in the room” cannabinoid that people aren’t really talking about. It works for most of the conditions people are using CBD for and doesn’t get you high.

Only thing is to get the benefits, you can’t really vape it.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: MinnBobber

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What method of administration would be best? Edibles?

As long as you don’t decarb too much during the recipe I don’t see why most edibles wouldn’t work, though I’m definitely partial to canna capsules. Tincture would be another possible route. You basically want to extract the THCA without converting it into THC.

Here’s a unique spin on this concept: I make a 1:1 canna capsule with equal parts decarbed to non decarbed hash infused coconut oil. It’s kind of like a 1:1 THC/CBD but cheaper/easier to make since I’m using the same oil. Might even be more synergistic too but that would be getting metaphysical :science:

invertedisdead,

cvs8floz

Jesus fuck. I love my steaks and hamburgers. Yeah maybe I should try THC. I haven’t used thc in about 6 months.
It took me a few years to admit there is a link, for me the pain returns 24-48 hours after consuming red meat so the onset isn't immediate which makes it more difficult to diagnose. It was a sad day because I also love steaks and hamburgers, but I hate the pain more!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I use cbd for two reasons. It helps me reduce thc consumption and recently I’ve been experimenting with cbd to smooth out harshness I associate with thc. In other words, it seem that vaping thc can be harsh for me. This was suggested to me a couple weeks ago By FC members in the FlowerPot thread.

I only vape so vaping cbd flower has been my preferred method of consumption. When I first discovered quality cbd flower I was blown away by how similar an experience it was when compared to vaping thc. Until recently I hadn’t mixed the two. I found it to be enjoyable.

It was also suggested that I order some cbd isolate to experiment with. I got my hands on some isolate powder and some isolate slab. Both gave a similar experience minus the good flavors you get from the cbd flower. To be fair I’m really just into flower and don’t use many concentrates. I chose to stack the cbd concentrates on the herbs rather than twax them in the Vrod.

Long story short... I enjoy mixing cbd flower with thc flower best. It makes for smooth, fulfilling, quality sessions. I also think that anyone struggling to cut back on consumption should explore cbd flower.

Top Bottom