• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

O'Connell Woodworks Vaporizers

kushkush

happy camper....
I get hot spots now and then and I think it's from having the flame a liitle too deep into the glass. It takes longer, but just back off a little and see what happens. I think you prolly already knew that. :D

Does anybody here know how to get to our Signature page. This is the first time I haven't been able to locate it.

:leaf:

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I get hot spots now and then and I think it's from having the flame a liitle too deep into the glass. It takes longer, but just back off a little and see what happens. I think you prolly already knew that. :D

Does anybody here know how to get to our Signature page. This is the first time I haven't been able to locate it.

Yes sadly I do. I try slow roast but 1/4 of bowl is more toasty requiring regular stirring. I'll mess around with intake and diffuser today.
Try clicking on profile pic on top tool bar there is a sig selection there

iDRINKBLEACH,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I'm really happy with my full-size former ohbv. The noisy cricket looks cool but the big boy doesn't get warm at all and I've put it through the ringer. I'm a damned expert at it now. No charring, no issues, just pure yummy vapor. I haven't even used my vapcap since getting this thing

Diggy Smalls,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I'm really happy with my full-size former ohbv. The noisy cricket looks cool but the big boy doesn't get warm at all and I've put it through the ringer. I'm a damned expert at it now. No charring, no issues, just pure yummy vapor. I haven't even used my vapcap since getting this thing

The NC does get a little warm. I will admit my vapcap has only seen concentrates since the nc. Definitely not an expert but I dont struggle. Still get a hotspot but not as horrible after some tinkering.

iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: kushkush

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
My biggest advice is indirect aiming when heating. Point the flame about 70-80% degree way from the intake, but close enough that the flame goes in anyway. The flame hits the inside of the glass and disperses the heat for less risk of warm spots. It also means the lighter is not actually aiming flame AT the vaporizer, so risk of scorching your wood is greatly reduced. That's it.

THe bowl is big but I get good hits with just two small pinches from the grinder. It covers the screen but leaves lots of empty space. This also reduces risk of scorching or dark spots in the roast. That's not advice, just an observation.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
My biggest advice is indirect aiming when heating. Point the flame about 70-80% degree way from the intake, but close enough that the flame goes in anyway. The flame hits the inside of the glass and disperses the heat for less risk of warm spots. It also means the lighter is not actually aiming flame AT the vaporizer, so risk of scorching your wood is greatly reduced. That's it.

THe bowl is big but I get good hits with just two small pinches from the grinder. It covers the screen but leaves lots of empty space. This also reduces risk of scorching or dark spots in the roast. That's not advice, just an observation.

That's what I have been doing and it helps a lot. Got tired of combusting with spa. Do you know if poplar would be safe as a mouth piece. I know some woods can get you very sick.

SquirrelMaster

When I post the links for imgbb images I use the BBcode for a medium linked thumbnail. There is a drop down menu for the original or a thumbnail but I think the medium is a good compromise for those on slower connections.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: kushkush

kushkush

happy camper....
When I post the links for imgbb images I use the BBcode for a medium linked thumbnail. There is a drop down menu for the original or a thumbnail but I think the medium is a good compromise for those on slower connections.

Thanks for that! I'll try again when I get a minute. :)

kushkush,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I did my whole bowl without tamping or stirring. I packed it loose and shook the whole vape to stir it. I got huge hits..... It might be superior to tamping and stirring? For me maybe

Diggy Smalls,

SquirrelMaster

I did my whole bowl without tamping or stirring. I packed it loose and shook the whole vape to stir it. I got huge hits..... It might be superior to tamping and stirring? For me maybe
I stir but I stopped tamping my OHV. It works really well for me. I stir my butane wood vapes fairly often.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I replaced all the screens in my NC with chamber n mp screens with tera screen and adjusted where the intake is to line it up. No more stirring and evenly heating now.

iDRINKBLEACH,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Update on noisy cricket, everything was working real well until the wooden brace to keep stem in place fell out. I message @O'Connell Woodworks Vapes and he responded very fast. He admits this has been an issue as he is still learning how to make a small functional butane vape. He told me this was covered by him, I told him I would wait *so as not to have same issue again* until he addressed the issue with either an add on, different stem with screen or adjusted how to model is built.
I use my noisy cricket with stem 80% of the time because I use it as a work horse for outside adventures to where I dont have electricity or afraid of getting wet which is almost all the time we go out on a family adventure so it's an annoyance, but OCW was easy to talk to and willing to fix the problem.

kushkush

happy camper....
What is the 'stem' are you talking about?

Noisy Cricket... I'm now grinding the bud finer and it's working great. I've been using just enough to cover its wire bottom and not packing at all, just leaving it loose so there's little resistence. I don't do much of anything to it, maybe stir it after 2 or 3 hits. But I'm amazed at how good the vapor is and it's easy to get right away w/o combusting. Fine grind and loosly covering the bottom... try it and let us know how it works.

kushkush,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
What is the 'stem' are you talking about?

Noisy Cricket... I'm now grinding the bud finer and it's working great. I've been using just enough to cover its wire bottom and not packing at all, just leaving it loose so there's little resistence. I don't do much of anything to it, maybe stir it after 2 or 3 hits. But I'm amazed at how good the vapor is and it's easy to get right away w/o combusting. Fine grind and loosly covering the bottom... try it and let us know how it works.

Where you place the cooling stem there is wood with a pill shape cut out that stops the stem from popping screen n herb out with

iDRINKBLEACH,

kushkush

happy camper....
I'm frustrated. Every code I put in the box says "something went wrong" and it's just the BBC codes. Are there any free image hosts around?

kushkush,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I've still been using the same one I mentioned previously. Here's my current set up for my NC.
20200715_201047_5f0fdcd88a39f.jpg

Oh yeah you can enable img uploads in your account settings

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Still rocking my full-size bong vape with the inception stem. It's really easy to clean if done regularly. Would love to see a cricket with an inception stem.

Diggy Smalls,

kushkush

happy camper....
Evidently Imgur is tired of me. Anybody know of another free imaging host? I'd love to post a few pics.

kushkush,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Evidently Imgur is tired of me. Anybody know of another free imaging host? I'd love to post a few pics.
Have you looked into FC new img upload, under account settings? If you dont mind
Geotagging it's easy n if the tagging bothers you use a vpn?
I'm starting to think you don't really own a NC and that's why you arnt posting pics... haha jp

iDRINKBLEACH,
Top Bottom