NYC Best Vape Spots

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Rest easy young knights ... time is on our side and the prices for quality herb will get better and better in NYC.
I only waited 50+ yrs for the removal of prohibition. Now at 72 it's hard to think of time as being on my side.
Cannabis has been legal for over a year now in NY, and I still have to travel an hour to the nearest legal store, to pay ridiculous prices.
So I stay on the dark side of it, where great bud continues to pour in (or be grown), at increasingly better prices.
The prohibition of interstate trade is fucking everything up.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
What the hell happened to Empires website??? ... went looking for a discount oz and it's not functional at all:bang: ... it seems to have gotten worse as they added more locations...

So I went over to Housing Works where I had seen a fat oz (30g) of Fat Nell - Cookie Kush - Smalls for $230 which looked tempting but it sold out today ...

NYC_Frank,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
What the hell happened to Empires website??? ... went looking for a discount oz and it's not functional at all:bang: ... it seems to have gotten worse as they added more locations...

So I went over to Housing Works where I had seen a fat oz (30g) of Fat Nell - Cookie Kush - Smalls for $230 which looked tempting but it sold out today ...
Looks like Empire is improving the site. I noticed a few days ago a new "look" to it, and the biggest change was that it was easier to see which products were in stock, at which locations.
This morning it opens, with obvious glitches, but I did see a discount ounce of outdoor for $135
Not too shabby!

vapviking,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

NYC_Frank

Looks like Empire is improving the site. I noticed a few days ago a new "look" to it, and the biggest change was that it was easier to see which products were in stock, at which locations.
This morning it opens, with obvious glitches, but I did see a discount ounce of outdoor for $135
Not too shabby!

Yeah ...still a work in progress though ... nothing much comes up for me in Chelsea

NYC_Frank,

stinkytofus

hello guys, any know know of any good places that sell good stuff in the NYC manhattan, queens, long island area, thanks

stinkytofus,

NYC_Frank

Not too shabby!

Hey Viking ... you were right ... the discount oz's look "flush" with choices ... still don't see the usual other FT, ML, EL in Chelsea if I look under buds but since I'm looking for an everyday discount oz for the summer I am alot happier

Screenshot-20230626-215941-Chrome.jpg

NYC_Frank

Going with a discount oz of Dosido's smalls from the Union Square Travel Agency at $200 ...

picking up tomorrow 😎

NYC_Frank,
  • Love
Reactions: vapviking

NYC_Frank

Going with a discount oz of Dosido's smalls from the Union Square Travel Agency

well 😎 .... let me tell ya .... these smalls ain't so small. I'd include a snap or two if I could but the photo and just about every other button are grayed out on my posts.

This is one sweet deal at a low price point and it hits hard . Highest recommendation ... gonna do a bowl in my new custom pure vapman next ... have a good night all

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
well 😎 .... let me tell ya .... these smalls ain't so small. I'd include a snap or two if I could but the photo and just about every other button are grayed out on my posts.

This is one sweet deal at a low price point and it hits hard . Highest recommendation ... gonna do a bowl in my new custom pure vapman next ... have a good night all
Sweet news on the budget meds! It took forever for prices to drop up here in MA, but they finally have... anywho, chances are the problem you're experiencing with the icons being grayed out is caused by the "[ ]" looking menu item being turned off. Click the 3 vertical dots above on the far right and those brackets will pop up just below next to the "save draft" disc icon... I click it inadvertently now and then and it always drives me nuts, luckily it happened recently... :smug:✌️:leaf:

Razhumikin

Sweet news on the budget meds! It took forever for prices to drop up here in MA, but they finally have... anywho, chances are the problem you're experiencing with the icons being grayed out is caused by the "[ ]" looking menu item being turned off. Click the 3 vertical dots above on the far right and those brackets will pop up just below next to the "save draft" disc icon... I click it inadvertently now and then and it always drives me nuts, luckily it happened recently... :smug:✌️:leaf:
Where in MA are the prices good? Im going up to the berkshires next week but the prices seem largely the same at the dispensaries around there.

Razhumikin,
Reactions: Bologna

NYC_Frank

Thanks so much Bologna ... woulda never figured it out ... my Saturday night vapman maiden voyage was likely to blame for it ... well here's the snap of the Dosidos I promised .... grazie again paisan

20230628-210854.jpg

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Where in MA are the prices good? Im going up to the berkshires next week but the prices seem largely the same at the dispensaries around there.
Well, I honestly don't know what's out that way as I'm just inside the 495 beltway a couple hours away... I just know most places now offer at least few budget menu items... usually called smalls, popcorn, shake or ground and maybe a couple of cheap ounces of bigger buds. r/bostontrees is a good resource to ask questions about the area you'll be in... out by the colleges in the Northampton/Holyoke area are a bunch of competitive stores but I haven't been. Pittsfield has a bunch of stores, too... I don't really know who the current popular growers are but most stores carry lots of different products. I'll grab a local cheap 1/8 or 2, but I usually I drive to Maine for quantity and quality...

I'll keep my eyes open on Reddit and inbox you if I see anything good... :tup:

Edit:

Last edited:

Razhumikin

Well, I honestly I don't know what's out that way as I'm just inside the 495 beltway a couple hours away... I just know most places now offer at least few budget menu items... usually called smalls, popcorn, shake or ground and maybe a couple of cheap ounces of bigger buds. r/bostontrees is a good resource to ask questions about the area you'll be in... out by the colleges in Hadley are a bunch of competitive stores but I haven't been. Pittsfield has a bunch of stores... I don't really know who the current popular growers are but most stores carry lots of different products. I'll grab a local cheap 1/8 or 2, but I usually I drive to Maine for quantity and quality...

I'll keep my eyes open on Reddit and inbox you if I see anything good... :tup:

Edit:
Ah yea, I used to get all my stuff in maine when I lived in Mass, but when I moved down to NYC it was too hard to keep up; I did it for a couple of years but its just such a long drive to do every 6 months. If i get a chance maybe ill drive out to the heirloom collective in Hadley, not sure what the prices are like but their flower was consistently excellent when I tried it.

Razhumikin,

NYC_Frank

Well ... looks like it's farewell to Empire ... thanks guys ... was great while it lasted

NYC_Frank,
  • Angry

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
... fight the bastards Empire 🥊💨

To avoid paywall (sorry, no time to clean/format):

Standoffs, handcuffs ... hostages? Prominent NYC cannabis club raided, attorney talks next steps​

• Updated: Jul. 12, 2023, 12:28 p.m.|
  • Published: Jul. 12, 2023, 7:39 a.m.
Empire Cannabis Club

People walk past the Empire Cannabis Club, Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022, in New York. (AP Photo/Julia Nikhinson)AP

By
Join NY Cannabis Insider at our next industry networking event on Aug. 15 at Madame Mikette’s in NYC. Tickets will sell out.

Empire Cannabis Clubs, a prominent and infamous staple in New York City that describes itself as “a concierge service dedicated to supplying the highest-end cannabis products at prices you can afford,” saw two of its locations raided yesterday by the state.

Officials seized property, a brief standofftook place between inspectors and club staff, and two of Empire’s owners, Lenore and Jonathan Elfand, were handcuffed.

Both were released within hours; Empire’s operations will return to “business as usual” tomorrow; and the company now has the legal battle it has expected – and craved – over the state’s approach to cannabis enforcement, said Empire attorney Steve Zissou Tuesday night.

Empire sprung up in September of 2021 “pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the MRTA,” Zissou wrote in a recent guest column. That provision, he said, “permits non-compensatory transfers of cannabis and the use of ‘property’ to facilitate such transfers.”

Though the Office of Cannabis Management sent Empire a cease-and-desist letter last summer, the agency was not involved in the raids on Tuesday. The enforcement was led instead by the Department of Taxation and Finance, Zissou said.

The attorney spoke with NY Cannabis Insider in-depth about his clients’ experience on Tuesday and what Empire plans to do next – in court.

This Q&A has been lightly edited for length and clarity.

Walk me through exactly what happened today.

Agents, police officers, whatever – it wasn’t clear right away who they were – showed up at two locations: at Chelsea, that was the first shop that was opened in September 2021; and then the Lower East Side shop.

Since it’s a private club, the employees are trained that if anyone shows up demanding entrance and they’re not a club member, or somebody seeking to join, they’re not allowed in. They’re supposed to call me or the owners.

That led to a standoff because the officials took the position that they didn’t need a warrant. Actually, it got even worse than that.

At first, there were members in the club who the agents claimed were being held as hostages. The club members said, ‘no, no, we’re perfectly fine, we’re happy in here,’ and that caused the agents to back down.

I said, ‘just have the agents call me, like they would normally do.’ They didn’t call. But they gave Lenore the name of an attorney at the Department of Taxation and Finance.

How’d that conversation go?

I was in court. My wife, Sally Butler, who’s also a lawyer and an attorney for Empire, made the call to her to say, ‘look, I know you need a warrant.’ The reaction she received sounded a lot like the Treasure of the Sierra Madre, essentially, ‘we don’t need no stinkin’ warrants.’

My wife is much more centered than I am. I tend to be a hot head on occasion. She said, ‘well, yeah, you do need a warrant: it’s a private club, we don’t sell cannabis, we pay taxes, and there’s a 21-and-older membership requirement.’

The attorney from the Department of Taxation said she’d have her team ‘arrest all the employees in the shops and charge them with obstruction of justice.’

There’s been a lot of fear among observers and folks in the legislature about creating this new police force that was created in the new regs. And this attorney really went full, ‘I’m going to lock up everybody.’

What happened next?

Jonathan and Lenore didn’t want the employees to get involved, so Jonathan went to one shop and Lenore went to another shop to take the hits, so to speak. To say, ‘you can’t come in without a warrant.’

And Lenore was promptly arrested and taken to the 7th Precinct.

For obstruction of justice?

Yes. Which on its face is going to give rise to a wonderful false arrest case.

Because again, the statute these officials claim to be complying with says, ‘if you’re denied entrance, you can go to a Supreme Court judge in the county where the shop is located and apply for permission to enter the premises.’ And of course they didn’t do that.

A few hours later, Lenore was given a desk appearance ticket with a date to return, and charged with obstruction of justice.

And Jonathan?

Jonathan was arrested. They went into the shop without a warrant. He had cuffs on for about half an hour, they helped themselves to whatever it is they thought they were authorized to take, then took the cuffs off Jon, and that’s it.

Did either of them learn any details about the reasoning behind the raid throughout the day?

While Lenore was in custody, one of the agents said to her, ‘we really only came because you’re not paying taxes.’ And Lenore says, ‘of course we’re paying taxes – we paid almost $3 million in taxes last year alone. And you know it because we have a tax ID number, we have signs in the shop saying taxes have to be collected.’

So that’s how the day has unfolded.

If OCM isn’t involved, is there no enforcement hearing?

That’s a good question. Why wasn’t OCM involved? They didn’t put any of those stickers on the shop. By tomorrow morning, I may know something different. But it does not seem like one of those hearing cases.

So there was no sticker put on the door?

No.

There’s no notice of a hearing?

Correct.

They didn’t seize products at one of the stores?

Correct.

And there are no fines, or talk of fines?

No.

So what was the purpose of this?

I have no idea.

What’s Empire’s legal argument going to be moving forward? Is it the false arrest lawsuit? Or are you planning on anything else?

No, maybe the false arrest will come later. But I do think the plan will probably include filing a lawsuit for a return of property on the ground that it was illegally seized. And I think that’s probably a cleaner way to get before a court of law as opposed to one of the administrative hearings. No lawyer ever wants to litigate a serious issue in an administrative tribunal first.

So I’d rather avoid that if possible. I think we’re going to probably use this as a vehicle to get into a Supreme Court sooner than later and have this issue decided.

Bring it on. We’re ready.

Is it your goal to get into the Supreme Court over seizure of product but ultimately have it out about enforcement overall?

Yeah, of course, I think the issue is going to be about the business model, and does it survive the legislation?

And if not, is Empire entitled to damages? And by that, I mean that when you pass a statute as they did with the MRTA, and folks rely on the statute – invest money, time, and effort building something – and then they change it two years later, there’s a concept known as detrimental reliance.

That’s when you rely on something to your detriment that the legislature then changes after acknowledging that your business model fits within the original law.

There are those considerations. Empire didn’t get started yesterday – they’ve been involved openly, notoriously, they weren’t hiding from anybody. They would speak to anyone. I’ve called OCM many times.

So, yeah, we’d like to litigate this issue sooner than later.

What’s going to happen tomorrow?

It’s business as usual tomorrow.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Is it your goal to get into the Supreme Court over seizure of product but ultimately have it out about enforcement overall?

Yeah, of course, I think the issue is going to be about the business model, and does it survive the legislation?

So, yeah, we’d like to litigate this issue sooner than later.

What’s going to happen tomorrow?

It’s business as usual tomorrow.
I'm rooting for Empire. They were out challenging the poorly written legislation very early-on, now they get to really test it in court, if they get their day...
It all speaks to the truly poor rollout of Rec Cannabis in NY State.
We are 1-1/2 yrs in and there are not yet two dozen stores open in the whole state.

I've been to the Lower East Side Empire location a bunch of times, and Williamsburg, too.
Kudos to the members (=customers) who stayed locked inside and told police they were cool, they were not being kidnapped, etc.

Let me clarify one thing, for folks not in NY. We name out courts "upside down" here. NYS Supreme Courts are the lowest level of state court, so they are the first level of litigation here. If it needs go higher than that, it is called the Court of Appeals.
So, mentions of "taking this to the Supreme Court" are not quite the same as going to the SCOTUS!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
How is the ounces ? Lol
Even cheaper this weekend, as Empire opens location #6!
I've had their Full Term (Outdoor) , the Mixed Light and Greenhouse. Even the Full Term is somewhat tasty and has some kick, I used it like Hamburger Helper; I make a lot of mixed-strain salads...

With these numbers, it's starting to feel like Oklahoma! around here and I feel as corny as Kansas in August!

VsC5pe6MX-tUhC9tW91muTiFIRcO3rhWMl2t_b-64HaCKGuK9xzae_J5CqwC5ObW-M-X2mm5AvyaP0akwN9gdyDl6SAaULCxyvvnR62drcn73K0dKYlxSQFh9SnkZEp0ICb1woC8QW5EF_ZcM3BNrHFX7BOXMVQ=s0-d-e1-ft

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Question for the NYC retail gurus: have you guys found any sources for trustworthy solventless (rosin) carts?

Coming in for a concert this weekend and would love to pick up a .5g cart of a solventless sativa bc coming in for a concert this weekend. 😜

cx714,

Razhumikin

Question for the NYC retail gurus: have you guys found any sources for trustworthy solventless (rosin) carts?

Coming in for a concert this weekend and would love to pick up a .5g cart of a solventless sativa bc coming in for a concert this weekend. 😜
Lol no sorry. Sifting through the cart scene in the grey market here is basically impossible, and i wouldnt trust any of them to be what they really say they are.

Top Bottom