New Vaporizer Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple-Days

Celebrity endorsements? An actor on a stage is sure more believable than anything else!
Heck, they are paid to perform. I believe, I believe, I believe . . . :cool:

I liked that it was designed for 'the professional smoker", Huh? I thought it was a vaporizer. Anyone ever met a professional smoker?

Gotta agree, it's a minefield. Buyer Beware. As always.

Here's ours.

http://purple-days.com/index.html

Made by enthusiasts. A few units at a time. We are not a giant corporation churning out profits. (we do this as a hobby and supplement income)

100% toxin free. 100% lead-free. A no-gimmick 3 year warranty. But no celebrities...
Up front contact info including a phone number. Privacy Policy (published and enforceable). Personal Data Encryption.

Some things to look for. ;)

These were things I wanted and couldn't really find in a vaporizer I liked. So I built one for us, then more for friends...

Purple-Days,

ozwiz

owner Vaporiser World NOW live Australia
I just found a vaporizer I've not seen before www.vapbong.com .It's portable a mate of mine has ordered one . I'll get back to you once I've given it a run. Looks pretty cool .:/

ozwiz,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
These have been around for a while ... well not that I have actually seen one but have been reading about them on the net. I think the vapor genie will be equal if not better than the vapbong. I've heard they are a little fiddley and like the VG have a bit of a learning. I guess there is still the chance of taking a huge hit and droping it too :o

Certainly keen to hear a report back ozwiz.

vaporcloud,

marcuss

above the clouds
vapor_cloud said:
Actually has anyone seen the vaporstar? These do look very cool IMO.
wow what a coincidence!
I've just ordered one today....with the medium glass bong for just 34?...I'm quite sure it is a good portable vape!
I wasn't sure if buy this or a vaporgenie...then the quicker delivery and the flexibility won!
Now one week waiting....then i do some report!

marcuss,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice, we don't hear enough about the flame powered solutions out there. True portability for sure, and the Vaporstar looks especially nice since it hooks into a water pipe.

Look forward to both of your thoughts on these!

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
well...vaporstar arrived today!but....
but the glass bong they sold me to use it has some black plastic parts that smells like a truck wheel...shit!:mad:

i still never try it because this fucking plastic smell...now i must buy another one better than this piece of shit!
.why they don't use a food grade plastic or at least a no-petrol smell one?
i sent them a mail with this question when the reply comes i'll post it!
The glass bong comes from india!
If you want to buy a vaporstar, don't buy the glass bong....better find something safer!!

marcuss,

doughboy

You're talking about the black plastic bottom and the other piece where the Vapostar fits into the bong?

VPBubblePipeWebPhoto.jpg

At the risk of sounding rude... why do you care?

Unless you're putting a flame directly to those black pieces and burning them, I don't understand the concern.

Jay

doughboy,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
LOL ....humm your probably right doughboy there is probably no risk but i'm still thinking like marcuss....it sure change the vapor taste !!! ALL GLASS GONG RULEE !!

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Looks like the plastic is only on the outside of the glass, but yeah, still nasty to have that smell right under your nose.

I imagine they just get 'em as cheap as possible to sell with the Vaporstar. Is the Vaporstar itself made in the UK? Hopefully it's made with more attention to safe materials.

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
vtac said:
Looks like the plastic is only on the outside of the glass, but yeah, still nasty to have that smell right under your nose.

I imagine they just get 'em as cheap as possible to sell with the Vaporstar. Is the Vaporstar itself made in the UK? Hopefully it's made with more attention to safe materials.
the problem is that plastic is actually in the glass bong because the end of the glass is open!
that smell make me feel bad :disgust:

I've already made my customized glassware....no worry!
Also thw wooden bowl need a break in for his wooden taste...not so bad but i'm used to glass..u know!

marcuss,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Glass bong with a stinky plastic interior... :doh:

Look forward to your thoughts on the Vaporstar once it gets some more use. Make a new thread. :brow:

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
doughboy said:
You're talking about the black plastic bottom and the other piece where the Vapostar fits into the bong?

http://www.vaporstar.co.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/VPBubblePipeWebPhoto.jpg

At the risk of sounding rude... why do you care?

Unless you're putting a flame directly to those black pieces and burning them, I don't understand the concern.

Jay
i hope you understand now...otherwise i'll be glad to send you this crap rubber to test it!
I don't like to smell other than my favorite plant when i vaporize...sorry for that!

enjoy the clouds!

marcuss,

doughboy

Yeah... it was difficult to see in the picture that the bottom of the glass was open -- just looked like something added to make it sit level on a table.

Jay

P.S. Don't apologize to me... you have nothing to be apologetic for.

:)

doughboy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'd like to know what purple days thinks of the Pneuma. It's got some interesting ideas and the unit looks similar to his.

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
vtac said:
A couple interesting looking ones I hadn't seen before...

- Pneuma
- herbo: vending machine vape?

I really want more info on that crazy Pocket Vape... http://www.vapeguide.com/video/pocketvape.html :ninja:
pneuma is realy realy old if my memori is good ......it make a while that I look to the herbo pretty cheap on ebay (10$ + ship) but look more like a water pipe (with a new idea of water filter) !! I'm curious to now how good it work

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
vtac said:
A couple interesting looking ones I hadn't seen before...

- Pneuma
- herbo: vending machine vape?

I really want more info on that crazy Pocket Vape... http://www.vapeguide.com/video/pocketvape.html :ninja:
Good find on the Pneuma (man, just like cars they're running out of good vape names :lol:). Another Eterra variation. It looks like it's got a hole in the side. Air intake? Carb? I've emailed Bob for some info. I'll post if I get an answer.

I can't find any info on the herbo except here: http://www.weedtracker.com/forums/s...3355.html?s=212a782c80cac6fe8595df02cb4f3e73& Seems like it's a copy of the erbo, which isn't really a vape.

The vids on vapeguide of the pocket vape are old ones of the early prototype, but it gives you a good idea of the technology and test equipment the guy uses. Aside from a quick video he sent out to some supporters back in Feb., there's no new news from Mike. It looked like he was ready to manufacture, and said it would be a few months before he could get production lined up. At this point I'd be surprised if it was available by Christmas. If he sticks to his $400 price I'd also be surprised if he sells enough units to be profitable. He may have to produce a larger, electric model with some bells and whistles to get anywhere. There's a certain 'buyer's mentality' when it comes to getting a lot of people to fork out big bucks for a vaporizer. Storz and Bickel, with their big company and big shiny Volcano, have convinced thousands that the 'cano is the only 'good' vape on the market :disgust::rolleyes:. The little guy who builds a better vape is facing a stone wall of 'perception' as high as Mt. Everest.

Another new vape that's been in the works for a long time is a new model from Ed, the maker of the Supreme Vaporizer. News on this one first came out near the end of '06. He had a delay on the projected March '07 release, and it's been so long now I don't know if he's even going to produce it. I need to email him and get an update. Here's the info from back in '06:

http://www.vaporinfo.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=944

Is vapeguide.com not a sorry site? Yes it is. :p Good premise, but it looks like he updates it once every two years. The latest 'news' is 18 months old. :rolleyes: Pics that don't show up. Pics of vapes that aren't made or sold anymore. :disgust: If I couldn't keep a site more up to date than that, I'd take it down. It would be a great site for newbies to see all the different models available and see some user reviews, but the info is so old it's more confusing than useful.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
That is an old site ... but I do credit it with being a good source of info for myself ... so much so I went out and bought my box vap and haven't looked back. Good info as long as your prepared to sift through the out dated stuff.

vaporcloud,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
just find it on you tube ? where it come from ? is it temp ajustable ? is it realy a vaporizer or a king a burner ??? this is not the first time I see it but this is the first time I see it in action

the e cigar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf5R4jwy7CU

I also find a lot of e-pipe ?

not sure if it's realy vapin but look nice and stealth :ninja:

Clear_Dome,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
interesting, from what i could gather, it is powered by a butane torch, and the heat is sucked across the herb

i would be worried about the metal they use to conduct the heat oh wait, it says the heat is conducted from the torch by a ceramic element, and then the bowl is made out of stainless steel

edit:

actually, reading through the description it looks pretty good, and its cheap too
ill be watching this vape and the ebay sellers ratings, its a rather intriguing design, and looks like a clean vap

the biggest concern i can see right now is the casing might get extremely hot, and i cant find much specific info on the materials

second edit:
this is thier materials list

Ceramic Heating Element
Polycarbonate Shell
Butane Cartridge
Stainless Steel Bowl
Vinyl Whip Tubing with Glass Mouthpiece
Flame Lock on
Great Display Box

the biggest problem i see is the tubing, but thats easily rectified by getting new tubing

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom