New rosin presses - Made in Germany

Vapology

Something like the NugSmasher Mini as a european alternative to the real US version would be great.
"Made in Germany" is always good - of course. But pricewise i would prefer it to be "Made in Poland". ;)

Show us some pictures! What does the german prototype look like?

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Calm, guys! ;)

Here some infos.

1) First there will come DIY sets in different sizes - caged and uncaged

2) Yes, Frank is developing a small all-in-one press for home use. But the enclosure will be made completely out of stainless steel and - well welded. But for sure a bit more expensive than the nugsmasher. At least 600 €. But probably not more expensive for Europeans than a nugsmasher+shipment costs+customs fees+taxes

What do you think? 2,5' plates and 2 tons? Larger hydraulic pumps would increase pretty much the size of this setup.

Pics will come within the next 2 w I guess.

3) After that Frank will develope the larger setups.

4) Frank is always open to custom demands

Vapology

Calm, guys! ;)

Here some infos.

1) First there will come DIY sets in different sizes - caged and uncaged

2) Yes, Frank is developing a small all-in-one press for home use. But the enclosure will be made completely out of stainless steel and - well welded. But for sure a bit more expensive than the nugsmasher. At least 600 €. But probably not more expensive for Europeans than a nugsmasher+shipment costs+customs fees+taxes

What do you think? 2,5' plates and 2 tons? Larger hydraulic pumps would increase pretty much the size of this setup.

Pics will come within the next 2 w I guess.

3) After that Frank will develope the larger setups.

4) Frank is always open to custom demands

1) That's a great idea - I would definitely go for a DIY option (classic BYOP style - build your own press)

2) Everybody wants a complete stainless steel enclosure, that's for sure! But I don't think that it is really necessary for a little rosin press (pricewise) I need a picture from the pure stainless steel press to figure that out ...

3) sounds good - for the European market we'll need the tiny and mobile units

4) the possibility to change the round plates to square plates could be nice. 2,5' plates and 2 tons is totally right, exactly the same dimensions like the nugsmasher mini.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Hi,

I'm Frank from Germany. How my friend @Hogni has announced in some other threads on FC I'm actually working in developing rosin presses for different needs for the European market. From small DIY heat controlled plates for personal stash up to large high pro commercial presses with 100t.
I'm a mechanical engineer and for many years head of construction of a German company which is building commercial machines (bakery, brewing, filling systems) with automatization, heat and pressure controlling.
Now I'm developing, building and distributing my own high class brewing devices and hopefully soon offering some "Hop Rosin Presses" in highest quality with best materials and best proceeding - real old fashioned "Made in Germany" standard.

I would like to involve my future customers in developing. Your experiences and thoughts would be very valuably and helpfully for me!

Current state

- plates in different sizes/shapes out of alu for optimized heat transfer with a thinner stainless plate on the press side for better scratch resistance and dimensional stability or completely out of a more pressure resistant kind of alu (still to test).

- heated with heat cartridges

- controlled by arduino

- complete presses should be made for the ability of directional flow.

What a your important aspects and wishes?

- sizes of plates?
- heat up times?
- insulated plates?
- caged plates?
- general aspects of construction?

Regarding the rosin pros: What are your wishes for construction? What are the lacks (handling, performance) of your current setup for your needs? Any advices appreciated!

Hope the first betas will be available within the next 8 weeks.

I've not so much time to be online here all time. Please contact @Hogni if you get no reply immediately. He's not involved in my buisiness, he's just a good friend and my consultant and it was his idea to develope these devices for the European market. And....he drives me nutz since months to realize this project! :p

Thank you very much for your attention and your support!

Have you spoken to NewVape or looked at their site? Just wondering if that could help speed this project along at all... https://www.newvape.com/rosin-press

Hogni

Yepp, Frank knows products of competitors for sure. And I believe Edwyn would help if asked for. He's a great guy.

Time is problem. Frank has a lot of projects. Actually he has developed a new automatic brewing system. Take a look just for getting an impression of his work

Doktor Dub

That sounds promising, i am not so interested in the DIY option but the small all-in-one press, all the other points i am with @Vapology - don t know if stainless steel is really needed, but a "German-engineering-nugsmasher" would be great, especially if he can really meet the 600 pricepoint.

If it will look only half as good as the nicer newvape presses...... :drool::drool::drool:

BTW - pics don t work for me right now @Hogni

Have a great day!

Hogni

I don't know why. I can see all pics!? Perhaps a mod could check them?

@Doktor Dub, I hope so, the NV is the nicest looking small all in one press IMO atm.

But the 20t press from Best Value Vacs looks pretty nice too.

Last edited:

Hogni

It's a kind of an all-in-one HERMS brewing system nobody has done before - anyway I posted it just for showing his highend craftmanship and his 'Gyro Gearloose-engineering'. Sorry for this being a bit OT.
That's the danger with Frank he's is always trying to reinvent the wheel in a better way.
I hope he won't try it with the rosin presses for time's sake ;)
:cheers:

Last edited:

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I have an idea for the small all in one unit but i want to explain in german
cuz my english is not the best..hehe..

Ich hatte die Idee das man ndoch einen XLR Ausgang + Schalter in dem Gerät unterbringen könnte,
damit man dort nur mehr den Enail anstecken muss..man würde ein Gerät komplett sparen vor allem
für Unterwegs wär das sicher mega.

Einfach ausgeführt könnte es standardmässig in jedem Gerät per Umschalter an der Plattenheizung hängen
und als Option event. mit einem Extra Heizgerät noch dazu eingebaut womit man dan auch parallel Pressen und nageln kann..hoffe du verstehst so halbwegs wie ich das meine...sowas hat KEINE Presse und macht sogut wie keine Mehrkosten, wäre aber def. ein Alleinstehungsmerkmal :)

Hogni

I'm understanding exactely what you mean. But yu're wrong. There is already a press with included nail function. ATM I don't know where it is from. But it's not just an additional plug and switch. You would need an own control unit for the nail and a seperate coil. And this controller has to be calibrate exately for the enail function. But possible for sure. May be perhaps as an option

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Ok, havent seen that one, i just know many presses use enail heating units so it shouldnt be much of a hassle to make a switch for a XLR Output..but you are right, temperature would not be calibrated for the coil so i see ur concerns...anyway take it as it was meant..just an idea :D

Hogni

Hi, I'm sorry. Got no news about. Frank had suddenly to go to China for 3 weeks for building up all equipment of a brewery he had sold to China. It's - for us! - unfortunately his main buisiness.
He'll come back end of next week. Hope there'll come some nice news about current state of construction.
I know some employees of him are working on further developement.

Hogni

Yeah, i think so too. It looks and works awesome. But it don't work like the Braumeister (I've a 50l version myself).
It don't need a pump just an impeller stirrer and wort is running up the outside of the malt pipe and rinses back down through the mash. Much better function than the Braumeister.

Top Bottom