• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

New Portable H Enail with built in glass bubbler by Green Light Vapes

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am curious how the new Source portable nail differs from any of the other similar snails mentioned in this thread. Can anyone shed some insight?

Hoosier

Boost/bolt/dabbie/greenlight h-enail are all like the new 510nail- they essentially use the same updated ceramic top with threaded metal female insert and that accepts ceramic/ti screw in nails. They are essentially a heated ceramic rod element that sits under and heats the hollow nail stem via transfer.

Cloud V Electro and the new source product both use more of a traditional vaper pen coil as the heating element which is embedded within the "nail".

For any of these devices, the key is consistent, controllable heat, so the move towards mod boxes is exciting!

tylerj55

Went to record the video and my mod died lol, charging now. Will update soon/tomorrow morning if I accidentally fall asleep lol

Chill Dude

Cloud V Electro and the new source product both use more of a traditional vaper pen coil as the heating element which is embedded within the "nail".

On the Source website they say theirs are coil free atomizers. It will be interesting to see if the Source unit temperature control system actually works as advertised..

I'd like to see a side by side comparison: Cloud Electro vs Source enail

My Cloud Electro is still going strong. I've used the Same nail for over 8 weeks now and no problems. IMO, these portable nails are going to get better and better as time goes on.. They are so quick and easy to use and I must say I get way more medicated from a big dab on my Cloud Electro vs. say 8 pen hits. I've Never been a big fan of pens. I like quick and powerful and pens are more for sippers..I think.

Chill Dude,
Reactions: tylerj55

jay87

I notice that the Source nail looks significantly thicker than the other portable enails.

wzkcHYr.jpg

tvgh2Hk.jpg

I'm curious about whether the carb caps from other portable enails like the Cloud or the Boost will fit the Source nail as they haven't released a carb cap yet.

jay87,
Reactions: tylerj55

Hoosier

I notice that the Source nail looks significantly thicker and shorter than the other portable enails.

I ordered a Source nail when it was on sale and I'm curious about whether the carb caps from other portable enails like the Cloud or the Boost will fit the Source nail as they haven't released a carb cap yet.

a) I think it looks shorter, because they are burying the bottom half under that atomizer housing. I think the source nail is very much like the could nail, though I could be wrong.

b) who needs a carb cap when you can just pop it with your hand like that terrible release video? that is a joke by the way, not using a carb cap when temps are on the lower side is just foolish.

c) I too purchased it for $50, but Im not expecting much from it.

On the Source website they say theirs are coil free atomizers. It will be interesting to see if the Source unit temperature control system actually works as advertised..

Well, Source has been known to stretch the truth a bit in terms of marketing claims. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go ask the folks over on the waxpen reddit sub... and then take cover.

I think they mean, you can't see a coil. A wire (aka Coil) is kind of necessary when creating heat via resistance. I would imagine that their is some sort of flat wrapped coil under that nail head. But, until one of us gets to dissect one, who is to know?

tylerj55

Any questions or anything else you guys wanna see let me know and I'll do my best to get it done.

In regards to the source e-nail, they also said the glass was going to change so I am curious about that too. Still contemplating picking up the dr dabber recycler for the boost too.

*edit: removed non working embedded video, and replaced with youtube link.

jay87

a) I think it looks shorter, because they are burying the bottom half under that atomizer housing. I think the source nail is very much like the could nail, though I could be wrong.

b) who needs a carb cap when you can just pop it with your hand like that terrible release video? that is a joke by the way, not using a carb cap when temps are on the lower side is just foolish.

c) I too purchased it for $50, but Im not expecting much from it.

Ha, yeah I don't know why Source released that video. They could've used a smaller dab, had a carb cap, and produced a clean milkshot if they had someone who could take the whole rip. Just seemed like a wasted opportunity for the debut of a product.

That video above proves the effectiveness of the carb cap tho, wow.

Hoosier

Any questions or anything else you guys wanna see let me know and I'll do my best to get it done.

In regards to the source e-nail, they also said the glass was going to change so I am curious about that too. Still contemplating picking up the dr dabber recycler for the boost too.

Wow. Couple of things

#1 - Looks like you had that ceramic nail red-hot. How is it slightly cooler?

#2 - Far more impressive hit than the henail. wow.

tylerj55

@Hoosier - 1- the nail does get red hot, I use it as it advises at no less than 50w and no more than 100w. I like 55w personally, but it can go cooler with less of a warm up, and like that is about on par with my boost. *edit- also, just the bottom part glows because the ceramic rod glows, the dish itself is not nearly as hot as that, especially once the dab gets on it. The temp drops quite a bit then.

2- I get way bigger clouds and can take larger dabs with this version, and it has definitely hit me harder than I expected it would at times.

@Chill Dude - thanks! I wasn't using temp control as my mod only goes up to 600 degrees which I find isnt hot enough to get a bigger dab. The problem is the dish cools down too fast at 600 so I am looking into getting a mod that goes up to 700 like the new source 40w does, but I do not want to buy my mod from them lol. Excited to get their version of this in though and test it out.

Last edited:

Savilion

Went ahead and grabbed the source vape 510 nail without the battery, I have an istick 50w battery already.

I know no one has one of these units yet , but do you think I should have got the matching battery or will my 50W istick do?

Savilion,

Savilion

It comes with a temp controlled 40W battery that goes up to 700 degrees, So my 50W technically should be hotter . Or is that not how it works ? excuse my ignorance .

Savilion,

tylerj55

It comes with a temp controlled 40W battery that goes up to 700 degrees, So my 50W technically should be hotter . Or is that not how it works ? excuse my ignorance .

Oh, whoops! You are correct. You should be good, does your battery/mod have temp control??

tylerj55,

Savilion

It does not. Just W/V control . Will it stay a constant temp? I just wont be able to tell how hot the nail is? Is that all temp control is?

Savilion,
BurtBigMacklin,

jay87

Ok , so I just found out a carb cap is offered with the full source vape "temp control kit" nail which includes the battery ,anyone who just purchased just the 510 nail itself will not get a carb cap .

With that being said I am looking into the g9 510

Would this be the same thing

http://m.dhgate.com/product/2016-newest-skillet-vaporizer-510-wax-atomizer/380270508.html#mvdpd-2-9

That's good, carb caps seem necessary for these portable enails.

Out of curiosity where'd you find out about Source giving carb caps with their temp control kit?

Savilion

They announced it in the comment section of their IG . Also the informed me I wouldent receive a carb cap because I only bought the 510 attachment and not the battery

Savilion,

Savilion

Yea, they threw me a 10 dollar gift certificate for my troubles. The carb cap isnt listed on their site. But when I seen them announce it on IG I was kind of bent. I would have ordered the complete kit had I known I would be getting a carb cap ..apparently the case only comes with the kit also. Long story short I ordered the g9 510 also because I m an anxious shit and hoping that I can use that carb cap on my SV nail . Once I get my hands on both I will do a comparison.

Savilion,

Savilion

how many watts was the battery set at during that dab ? 55?

looks like it did the trick !

Savilion,
Top Bottom