Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

Rick6245

Hi got blazed found myself here. Mind if I throw this question out there?
Rod Stewarts Maggie May
or
Jeff Becks Morning Dew?
It was sort of a trick ? Rod Stewart sang vocals on both tracks. Winning answers were Rod sang both, Beck. and Maggie May is top 40 crappola.

Rick6245,
Reactions: Planck

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The only truly bad LSD trip I had as a youngster was the first time I heard this album at home alone tripping my mind off. It became a favorite later after I was able to appreciate it, but that first time it freaked me out major...

And then there was this...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Back in the day (and still), a good, cheap way to 'protect' your music was to record it, mail it to yourself and never open it. You could always prove the date by the postmark.

Recently acquired by the NYPublic Library, among other things, is just such a tape - unopened - made by Lou Reed in 1965, with acoustic versions of several of the songs that became the Velvet Underground's first album.
That album was part of the soundtrack of my earliest cannabis experience.

Fifty+ years later, thank you, Lou!

From the Youtube description;
I’m Waiting for the Man,” “Heroin,” “Pale Blue Eyes” — In May of 1965, Lou Reed, with the help of future bandmate John Cale, recorded the very first known versions of these iconic songs along with a handful of others and mailed the tape to himself as a “poor man’s copyright.” The tape remained sealed in its original envelope and unopened for nearly 50 years — entirely unheard and forgotten, until now. In partnership with @lightintheatticrecords and @laurieandersonofficial, the tape will be released for the first time (remastered from the original analog tape) on Deluxe Edition LP, Standard LP, CD, Cassette Tape, and Digital on 8/26 and are available for pre-order now. The first single, “I’m Waiting For The Man is available to stream now. Throughout 2022 and beyond, Light in the Attic will continue to honor the music and influence of Reed through the Lou Reed Archive Series. Visit LouReedArchive.com to learn more, and stay tuned for forthcoming releases. Words & Music, May 1965 will be available on August 26th in a variety of formats, including LP, cassette, 8-track, digital, and CD.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Z. A. P. P. A
Very underestimated imo. A great composer, amazing performer, exceptional bandleader, grand guitarplayer, highly intelligent and extremely funny guy!
Since i couldn't find him on at least the last three consecutive pages in the thread i decided to make sure every page that follows will be graced with at least 1 Zappa track...
Hope i don't end up doing all the hard work here so feel free to join in anytime!
He has a vast discography so options galore!
;)

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Very underestimated imo. A great composer, amazing performer, exceptional bandleader, grand guitarplayer, highly intelligent and extremely funny guy!

Absolutely

I posted this one on Oct 9, 2020 on John Lennon's 80th Birthday ... just went back to look for it and the link was dead so here goes again ... a classic

John Lennon with Frank Zappa at the Fillmore East in 1971 ... hope they're blasting this one right now in the Rocker corner of heaven. Rest in peace brothers ☮&💜

Baby Please Don't Go ...

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Ok .... this song really doesn't belong here as it was written and recorded in the 90s

but ... it is performed by BB KIng and was written by Doc Pomus a performer / song writer since the 40s ... ive always loved it

"Blinded by Love" ... BB King & Doc Pomus ... rest in peace boys 💜

Top Bottom