Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Since this thread is about 60-70s music...QUESTION ☆☆☆☆
The newer Coke Commercial where the young dark haired girl is attempting to make a Selfy Dance type video, but, keeps getting interrupted..1st by mother, then brother?, then doorbell and Pizza guy with Coke..she takes Coke and walks towards camera and it mentions Coke Magic..
WHAT IS THE INSTRUMENTAL ORCHESTRA MUSIC PLAYING. Ill swear its from a Modern Rock group segment...horn's, cellos, piano, strings, etc....?
Surely Im Not the only one that recognizes it...hoping someone's memory isnt as fried as mine...HELP !!!
They steal a riff or 2 from Let My Love Open the Door by Pete Townsend at 3sec to 11sec, but that's all I get.

Last edited:

Okla68

They steal a riff or 2 from Let My Love Open the Door by Pete Townsend at 3sec to 11sec, but that's all I get.
No, that's Not what Im hearing !

Okla68,

Okla68

No, that's Not what Im hearing !
WHAT IS THIS MUSIC ????
Surely there are some of yall that are old enough to recognize the music playing here.
It brings back memories and feelings from a night near 50? years ago. A Cosmic experience that culminated with this music playing in the background (reel to reel)on the downhill slide.
PURE BLISS ! (some of yall may understand, lol)

TIMOTHY LEARY for PRESIDENT

Okla68,

Okla68

Great music. But...Not that tune...The more I hear of the Moody Blues the more I think it may be !
Early '70s, small room, furniture was Bean Bag Chairs. Large Speakers on one wall, the opposite racks of Amps, Tuners, Turntables and a TEAC 1500 U Reel to Reel tape. Fresh Blotter, a case of Boones Farm Fifths, some of the Gnarlyest Afghan Dark Golden Sealed Sole of Hash I have failed to see since(the guy that hosted this 2 cpl Cozy trip had just brought it back from Germany, was just Discharged).Only GOD knows what time it was. The tune in question was near if not the end of a 12+ hour music run from the tape player. I can't even find the words to describe the Feelings that this tune arouses...! Its one of those things, happenings that occur that you will Never Forget !!

WHATS THE DANG TUNE...or Tribute to that tune !!!

Last edited:
Okla68,

Okla68

Ian Anderson excited me enough with his flute to make me take it up, though I never got good with it.
Then there was Peter Gabriel, though the flute was mostly in his early stuff. This was 80s though, not 60/70s.
Spot On !
Saw Ian the 1st time in Dallas....What a Sound Extravaganza...and him standing on One Leg Melting that Flute with his breath !!!

Okla68,
Reactions: cosimo

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
NOPE! NoT tHe tune I‘m looking fOr! :haw:

This ain’t the thread to help you ID a song @Okla68 you would know that if you look at thread for a minute
it’s for posting fave songs from artists from mid-60s to late-70s but now it’s your personal help me? JFC
You can make your own thread in the lounge “Help me with Coke Ad!” and more members would see it
or you can just get the Shazam app and play the commercial, it will tell you what you want to know

Okla68

NOPE! NoT tHe tune I‘m looking fOr! :haw:

This ain’t the thread to help you ID a song @Okla68 you would know that if you look at thread for a minute
it’s for posting fave songs from artists from mid-60s to late-70s but now it’s your personal help me? JFC
You can make your own thread in the lounge “Help me with Coke Ad!” and more members would see it
or you can just get the Shazam app and play the commercial, it will tell you what you want to know
Hey, Soo SORRY !!!
Will try that Thank you !
People sure have been posting some FINE TUNES/MEMORIES !!!

Inforit

Yep way better music and lives back then. In 1970 September 17 I received my drivers license. Was 16 and played my first gig in a rock band on this day also. Left the profession in a couple years. Couldn’t take the volume we played music at. After I left people started to get into Accoustic amps and SVT cabs. The drummer said the quitars were so loud he had clear liquid coming out of his ears. Still talk to the keyboardist. He left that band shortly after I did.

Rick6245

Yep way better music and lives back then. In 1970 September 17 I received my drivers license. Was 16 and played my first gig in a rock band on this day also. Left the profession in a couple years. Couldn’t take the volume we played music at. After I left people started to get into Accoustic amps and SVT cabs. The drummer said the quitars were so loud he had clear liquid coming out of his ears. Still talk to the keyboardist. He left that band shortly after I did.
yep, Joined the Army in '72 My squad apc nickname was Crystal Ship a nod to the Doors song and the track was super fragile. My Ese apc was Cisco's Inn nod to Ese's Chicano heritage and Carlos Santana fandom.

Rick6245,
Reactions: Inforit
Top Bottom