ModPod Labs StemPod Si

Reez79

Try the fourth video down by Lamart "make basket screens fit all stems"

The one above also shows how to fit a 15mm screen for stem packing (if you want to try stem packing the blue one)
I gave up on trying to fit the screen in and just been using the other stem trying to learn how to use the stempod and what watt setting to use.

The stem packing video is pretty interesting because I have extra screens but not sure what size they are. They do fit in the stempod chamber though. How far down am I suppose to push it exactly?

Reez79,

Hippie

If you mean the blue one, there's usually a small lip at the end of the 18mm joint that will hold a 15mm screen.

I'd fit a 15mm screen in the Stempod stem too, if you can, as I usually end up putting a metal screen on top of the glass screens in my glass screen bowls to catch the bits and stop the glass one from gunking up so quick.

If you mean the Stempod body, there's a groove for the screen. I put a few screens in there to in an attempt to diffuse the heat from some of the silly coils I've tried.

Hippie,

simba

@weedanwine
I've found that my different stempod stems take different basket screens even though theoretically it should all be the same. There must be enough tiny differences to cause the variations.

simba,

Reez79

Aight so I have a few questions. I’m getting slightly better hits now with my stempod. Here’s the questions

1. Where can I get a dimpled stem from? The stem the seller gave me is a Rasta Buddha Tao stem which is 19/19 but it has been discontinued. Anyone know where I can find a simple stem that don’t cost too much

2. If I wanted another battery where can I get it? The battery the seller gave me is Aegis geek vape. He said he believe it’s 2.0 where can I get another battery that has better battery life?

3. Is there a way to turn it into a session vape?

4. Can you swap out stems while vaping if another person with you?

Reez79,

Hippie

Dimple stems
I think my Stempod came with one of these nectar collector stems
Just about any 18mm male joint will fit the Stempods so there are many other options

I'm gonna swerve question 2 for now :)

Arctic Fox compatible mods and DNA mods can be set to Autofire or session mode
Arctic Fox and Red Panda mods are rare things tho now as they've been discontinued for a couple of years

yes - you could have a stem each

Hippie,

Reez79

Dimple stems
I think my Stempod came with one of these nectar collector stems
Just about any 18mm male joint will fit the Stempods so there are many other options

I'm gonna swerve question 2 for now :)

Arctic Fox compatible mods and DNA mods can be set to Autofire or session mode
Arctic Fox and Red Panda mods are rare things tho now as they've been discontinued for a couple of years

yes - you could have a stem each
Doesn’t dhgate ship from China or no? I’m in the states in Nyc and heard it takes weeks for them to ship. They are definitely some decent stems though that you sent.

Why did you avoid question 2 lol? If I get another mod it doesn’t have to be a session, just an extra I can have for when the other one dies. Any recommendations.

Stem - https://recommendedvapesupplies.co.uk/products/stempod-cooling-stem

Well the battery is inside your mod, you can take it out and theoretically get a higher capacity one
I’m in Nyc and I meant mod not battery. My bad still kinda new to 510 vapes.

Also this one if you don't care about the side. Love using it around the house.
This looks good too but my only issue is how long they take to ship

Reez79,

simba

@weedanwine
I’m in Nyc and I meant mod not battery. My bad still kinda new to 510 vapes.

Ah no worries. Well personally I wouldn't get an Aegis mod again, I had the Geek Vape and loved how tough and chunky it was, but it's the only mod I've ever owned that has died on me.

So never again tbh, as people mentioned if it can find something like this which is Arctic Fox compatible then go for it

Otherwise the newer DNA-mods have an autofire mode. In terms of better battery life, I've heard 21700 battery mods have better life than 18650 ones.

simba,

XpeeN

Ah no worries. Well personally I wouldn't get an Aegis mod again, I had the Geek Vape and loved how tough and chunky it was, but it's the only mod I've ever owned that has died on me.

So never again tbh, as people mentioned if it can find something like this which is Arctic Fox compatible then go for it

Otherwise the newer DNA-mods have an autofire mode. In terms of better battery life, I've heard 21700 battery mods have better life than 18650 ones.
You sure it's compatible? I know the newer iterations of the rim C isn't.

XpeeN,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Seeing this thread appear again, makes me wonder if we will ever see a modpod. The stempod was meant to be is predessor.

We have had some good 510s, but I don't feel anyone's quite cracked it. Perhaps the modpod would have.

oddjobold,

simba

@weedanwine
You sure it's compatible? I know the newer iterations of the rim C isn't.

I'm pretty sure it is looking at the Arctic Fox site but worth checking before you drop any money. I've had the tab saved for when I get some spare cash to get one but haven't gotten around to it.

simba,

Reez79

So I did a search and this is what I found here. Is this a good one here to get? I’m still new to mods and don’t know much

Also I notice you keep mentioning artic fox. I like the watts mode and I have the standard coils on it. I have no idea how to build coils.

Is that mod I showed you a good extra mod to get? I notice it 75w unlike the aegis which is 80w.

I also looked up the dna mods you mentioned and this was the cheapest one I came across. Does this one have autofire?

Reez79,

simba

@weedanwine
The pico seems good, and you can still use wattage mode with Arctic Fox software AFAIK but will give you the autofire option that you want.

In terms of wattage power, I've never used my Stempod above 28ish watts, so you really don't need to worry about the Pico being 75W.

Also you don't need to build your own coils, but you can buy prebuilt coils in a variety of shapes/styles/materials.

This is what I'm currently using in my Stempod OG

Sorry I don't know enough about the DNA mods to know which have autofire, I've just read others saying they have started doing that.

Last edited:
simba,

rush

The pico seems good, and you can still use wattage mode with Arctic Fox software AFAIK but will give you the autofire option that you want.

In terms of wattage power, I've never used my Stempod above 28ish watts, so you really don't need to worry about the Pico being 75W.

Also you don't need to build your own coils, but you can buy prebuilt coils in a variety of shapes/styles/materials.

This is what I'm currently using in my Stempod OG

Sorry I don't know enough about the DNA mods to know which have autofire, I've just read others saying they have started doing that.
Hey @simba do you wanna share some more about your setup and usage? I never got my SP to work as good below ~50W which makes single 18650s hardly suited for it

rush,

simba

@weedanwine
Yeah sure, so currently I'm using my Stempod OG with the ceramic coils I linked above. I've got it attached to a Aspire NX100 mod running in wattage mode. Got it at 27.5W currently, and it reads as 0.3ohms resistance.

I generally pre-heat for about 5-10 seconds before taking slow long draws. Mostly have the airflow wide open but earlier today I did play with closing it off some.

Hope that helps 👍🏽

simba,
Reactions: rush

rush

Yeah sure, so currently I'm using my Stempod OG with the ceramic coils I linked above. I've got it attached to a Aspire NX100 mod running in wattage mode. Got it at 27.5W currently, and it reads as 0.3ohms resistance.

I generally pre-heat for about 5-10 seconds before taking slow long draws. Mostly have the airflow wide open but earlier today I did play with closing it off some.

Hope that helps 👍🏽

I see, that's pretty simple! Regular glass mouthpiece?
(I always felt like going too low on the power made me have to draw for too long before I get good vapor. Admittedly for some reason my head always figured low power = close the airflow. I'll experiment, either way thank you).

Edit: thought I'd contribute and share where I'm at with the SP after using it occasionally for like 3 years now. Got tired of playing with coils at some point and nowadays I just wrap whatever e-cig wire I have that fits in there and keep running it for months. I use it over my DWG because it's way more versatile, and I dislike using stock stems. I found that I get the most reliable results from setups that allow me to run a lot of air through it quickly, with the ports wide open. So either on glass using the direct bowl method or surprisingly even better, using a whip and a connector piece. I'm on my second dedicated OG Legend as I've found most mods couldn't take the heat. And last I think TC is a white whale, there are too many variables involved besides coil temp and even on DNA\AF chips the functionality of TC mode is limited and mainly optimized for the E-cig range of use. I'm going to start testing some lower wattage outdoors setups again using short cooling stems I think, would love to be able to put it on my Pico that I carry anyways (without melting it down).

Last edited:
rush,

simba

@weedanwine
I've got the official stubby cooling stem on mine, I'll do a video tomorrow of a few hits. I guess it depends on what you class as "too long" to draw. My hits aren't super quick but I don't feel they're too long. One thing I quite like about the stempod is being able to get a lot of solid hits from a bowl.

The mod I'm using certainly isn't lightweight 😂 it runs a 26650 battery but works well with the stempod OG.

simba,
Top Bottom