MiniVAP Vaporizer

MonkeyTime

How have you used the cones with your Neo? I am intrigued to try (neo is definitely my second favorite vape after the minivap)

I won't be able to post pics (in the Neo thread, you're right, OT here) for a day or so, but will. Short version, look thru this thread for the cones being used naked on glass, it's like that with the Neo over it in lieu of the MV. Some glass mates, some has needed some silicone tubing pieces to help the seal. I can be creative, some vapes like the MV don't inspire me as much because they work so well as designed.
There are 101 ways to use the mV.
Top of last picture, this??
The Delta3DStudio wpa serves as a gateway to many 😀
Pic attached shows it with glass connector and wooden adapter from Ed’s TnT...custom made for another project I dreamed up. 😴

Yep, have both 14/18 versions, again, just never thought to use it without the OEM lid. I think I probably use them most often with a cone+ and a Nebula mouthpiece. Short, plenty of flavor and cooling, even on red. With paper filters, very low maintenance, or, my style!

I've been thinking about sending in my PQC for an upgrade/temp adjustment, the new software bug put that on pause. Have we heard anything about that being in a better place?

MonkeyTime,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Well I really don't like the silly flexicone or flexicone+. My tinymight uses less herb and hits harder. Minivap is not a heavy hitter in my opinion. It's also solid. By "Solid" I mean you can use the WPA and just put the device on the water pipe or bong. With Minvap you have to hold both the device and the water piece. Kind of awkward and gets old fast. Tinymight also has better taste.

Don't get me wrong Minivap is an "ok" vape it just can't compete with the others I have now.
I want to disagree, MV is a heavy hitter but I never achevied heavy big hits using it dry, the laminar heat is too much for my throat and I give up before the laminar flow is reaching its max hitting level. Complete different story through water, especially with the QGC, it totally obliterate a load in one big pull if you want (and if you can!), the others models can match that but it's a bit more tricky to achieve. About taste... the issue with the MV is when your silicon becomes older it stinks, I'm not using anymore the silicon nipples and tubing and found a glass stem which fits the MV, QGC and QPeekCore don't have the same bowl size.

I love my TinyMight but it's a very different unit, it's a brutal extractor engine(not bashing, I like that too :D while the MV could be "civilized"(thank you @ataxian ), slow-low sweet infusion and, as well, a violent big hitter that kick you in the wild... it depends.

buckhakeesah

I want to disagree, MV is a heavy hitter but I never achevied heavy big hits using it dry, the laminar heat is too much for my throat and I give up before the laminar flow is reaching its max hitting level. Complete different story through water, especially with the QGC, it totally obliterate a load in one big pull if you want (and if you can!), the others models can match that but it's a bit more tricky to achieve. About taste... the issue with the MV is when your silicon becomes older it stinks, I'm not using anymore the silicon nipples and tubing and found a glass stem which fits the MV, QGC and QPeekCore don't have the same bowl size.

I love my TinyMight but it's a very different unit, it's a brutal extractor engine(not bashing, I like that too :D while the MV could be "civilized"(thank you @ataxian ), slow-low sweet infusion and, as well, a violent big hitter that kick you in the wild... it depends.
Which glass stem do you use? I think that is my gripe as well, the old silicon. I need to try a brand new one to see if it solves this hint of unpleasant taste that I notice as well.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Which glass stem do you use? I think that is my gripe as well, the old silicon. I need to try a brand new one to see if it solves this hint of unpleasant taste that I notice as well.
Which version do you have? my teflon unit need a smaller diameter than the glass core. Basically I use a 14mm MistVape glass stem with my teflon unit. With my glass core I used mainly an Herbalaire TonG, like a log vape I put the TonG with flowers on my bubbler and MV comes inverted on the top of the TonG when you take a hit, I use it with a J-Hook too (and since a few weeks I'm using my QGC with an Aezhenn Capsule Stem with or without capsule). Please notice it's a 2 hands job and a bit less lazy if you want to use it on the sofa front the TV. I believe I didn't used a silicon nipples with my MV since +2 years, this stem tek is tastier, it looks like clouds comes faster and you can microdose. Idk why but I ever got big cough using the stock mp and flexicones and long inhalations also but the stem seems to permit shorter inhalations and less coughing. Tbh I don't understand MiniVap never tried to offer different vaporpath options, I'm not bothered by silicone if it's only an o-ring or two but, here, it's a lot of silicone! And not the best one, I recently tried the 7thFloor silicone tubing and it's another quality level, not anymore the usual silicone but one which doesn't emit any bad taste at all and it looks different too (it's clear unlike the opaque average silicone, and more rigid).

I don't want to bash the Jorge's company, I'm a big fan of the MV and started to post in this thread when that vape was ignored and it was less than 40 pages long, it becames a reference since. Although, despite I appreciated the improvements about the new cores, I'm sad they didn't tried to improve the "delivery method" in order to get rid of that silicone and to smoothen the vapor... that laminar heat is hard for the throat, imho.

buckhakeesah

I have the teflon og. It'd be nice to get rid of the silicone somehow but I do enjoy the simplicity of how it works together with the basket. Perhaps a new silicone will bring it back to life. I've put up with it since the MV is such a great performer for me but always felt something was tainting my sessions. That's probably it.

LooseCucumber

I've been using my Teflon Glass core Minivap everyday now for about 5 weeks. This vape is awesome. I tend to use it like a desktop by giving it ten minutes to heat up before use, but heat soak plus Red temperature= Fat Hits! Efficiency is tremendous on this thing, feel like I get everything out of my flower. Obviously, the size of the unit is a drawback, but the performance is quite good. I pack the baskets to keep the bowl clean. Coming from a Log vape, I don't love the silicone whip, but the flavor is still above average. I'd totally support a small business like MV again.

aniceto

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since I last came these parts, nice to be back again ;).

I purchased this vape 2-3 years ago. It was my ~10th vape but I haven't felt the need to move from this one since I bought it. I sold all the rest and I only have this one now, absolutely amazing vape.

I'm willing to get the battery now and I was wondering if there's a known period of the year when to get the best possible deal? I believe they used to make some good Black Friday discounts but I didn't check this last couple of years.

For out and about, how do you use it? refilling and such ? I'd love to use something like the S&B dosing capsules. Has anyone got them working with the minivap or something of the like?

thanks in advanced

Last edited:

trontreez

Wow! That's some major kudos to the MiniVap right there!

I haven't used mine in ages but that post has got me thinking about taking a trip down memory lane.

Got so trippy high off Zamaldelica thru the MV one time ...

aniceto

Wow! That's some major kudos to the MiniVap right there!

It's personal I believe.. this vape is like somebody had tailor-made the perfect vaporizer for me. Not that it's not a great vape! but it won't be as good for everyone as it is for me I guess.

Why is it so superior than the rest for me? what made me sell the other vapes?

Efficiency: by efficiency I mean the vape that makes me spend the least amount of money on buds by the end of the month.

Power: I live in a cold place so I need a portable that can deal with low temperatures. Solo and Air sucked.

Plug and play: It's just plug and play. There's no need to stir the herbs to get an even and full vaporization (unlike the Solo, e-nano and the majority of other vapes I had). You can vape it in any position: laying in the bed, upside down, etc. Very short heating time. With the e-nano, for example, you have to stir between every toke manipulating a glass stem prone to break. You can vape it with just one hand and not worry about breaking something. With the MV you set and forget until the end of the sesh, no worries. The only other vapes I can say that about are S&B vapes.

Solo and group vape: both for personal use and up to 5 people I'd say, bowlsizewise.

No glass yet great flavour: I'm not gonna say it has the best flavour of them all, I can't skim the truth, the e-nano had the edge there, but I got so sick of breaking glass that I don't really miss the e-nano's flavour.

Ease of cleanness: Just like the Solo, 10/10. The Mighty is a mess to clean and when you have to clean it one or two times a week, it becomes a problem.

It's portable and desktop, a portable desktop actually: when I had various vapes around I noticed I'd prioritize portability/ease of use over quality,.I mean, for example, I had the Solo and the e-nano and the e-nano would get no love, it was collecting dust despite the extraordinary vapor quality of that device. I preffered the quickness and ease of use of the Solo vs the superior vapor quality of the nano. With this device there's not that problem, same device for both scenarios without giving up on quality. If I only have one device, none will be collecting dust.

Vapor quality: Up there with the best of my list.

Customization: Not only it features teflon core OR glass core which provide different experiences, there are accesories in their website to add more conduction to the experience.

Impecable customer service, specially for a tiny bussiness like this one

What would I love to see?

- Decreased size, although this actually isn't a problem for me. I always carry a bag and there will be plenty room there for my MV
- Some way of refilling like the Mighty, that's just great. The MV is not terrible but not ideal, maybe 3 stars in that regard.

and I believe that'll do it. I hope it didn't get too long

I'm just in love with this vape, 2 years after ;)

Last edited:

aniceto

Does somebody have an answer for any of this? I'd appreciate :)

I'm willing to get the battery now and I was wondering if there's a known period of the year when to get the best possible deal? I believe they used to make some good Black Friday discounts but I didn't check this last couple of years.

For out and about, how do you use it? refilling and such ? I'd love to use something like the S&B dosing capsules. Has anyone got them working with the minivap or something of the like?

aniceto,

Choices

Does somebody have an answer for any of this? I'd appreciate :)
Depending on the level of discreetness I’m wanting to maintain, I will preload my extra flexicones up with a basket and filter top and carry those along. I’ve also just done well just carrying a small set of properly sized nuggets of flower that fit in the oven easily and just quickly switch it out. This looks so much like a water bottle I never have issues or concerns using it on a walk except for the fact it is a great deal larger than my Grasshopper OG and consequently more cumbersome to carry on a hike.

Vizyt91

Depending on the level of discreetness I’m wanting to maintain, I will preload my extra flexicones up with a basket and filter top and carry those along. I’ve also just done well just carrying a small set of properly sized nuggets of flower that fit in the oven easily and just quickly switch it out. This looks so much like a water bottle I never have issues or concerns using it on a walk except for the fact it is a great deal larger than my Grasshopper OG and consequently more cumbersome to carry on a hike.
May i ask which mp do you use un public, rigid or flexible straw ?

Vizyt91,

Choices

May i ask which mp do you use un public, rigid or flexible straw ?
When I first used in public I’d go with the rigid stem and swapping baskets but I’ve settled on the “flexicone +” into which I inserted a MFLB glass stem about halfway. I use an elastic band to have the flexible straw with the glass stem inserted bent over next to the unit when not in use. I broke a rigid stem off the unit once when it was inside my hiking pack and while I was able to salvage it and use it that day, I’ve since only used the other method. I used to carry a few full loaded baskets already in flexicone+ setups but anymore I just reload a single set up as needed, being mindful to switch it out when there are the fewest folks around. Sorry I’ve rambled a bit. Does this make sense?

Vizyt91

When I first used in public I’d go with the rigid stem and swapping baskets but I’ve settled on the “flexicone +” into which I inserted a MFLB glass stem about halfway. I use an elastic band to have the flexible straw with the glass stem inserted bent over next to the unit when not in use. I broke a rigid stem off the unit once when it was inside my hiking pack and while I was able to salvage it and use it that day, I’ve since only used the other method. I used to carry a few full loaded baskets already in flexicone+ setups but anymore I just reload a single set up as needed, being mindful to switch it out when there are the fewest folks around. Sorry I’ve rambled a bit. Does this make sense?
Yep so if I undestood well (I’m french) your preferred mp ( for public use) is a flexicone + with a clear mflb stem inserted halfway, correct ? (Why using a glass stem, Just for the mouth feeling ?) I was thinking to try a flexicone+ cut halfway so it’ll not wobble too much and just look like a straw.

Vizyt91,

Choices

Yep so if I undestood well (I’m french) your preferred mp ( for public use) is a flexicone + with a clear mflb stem inserted halfway, correct ? (Why using a glass stem, Just for the mouth feeling ?) I was thinking to try a flexicone+ cut halfway so it’ll not wobble too much and just look like a straw.

(From Google Translate)

J'utilise la tige en verre parce qu'elle a meilleur goût pour moi et je suis habituée à la sensation du verre. Pour être clair, j'insère la tige de verre à mi-chemin dans un flexicone plus pleine longueur. J'ai aussi pensé à le couper à une longueur plus courte mais j'ai décidé de ne pas le faire. J'aime le plier et le faire asseoir près de la bande élastique et la longueur plus courte rend cela plus difficile.

For English speaking monolingual folks like myself:

I use the glass stem because it tastes better to me and I’m used to the feel of the glass. To be clear I insert the glass stem in halfway into a full length flexicone plus. I also thought about cutting it to a shorter length but decided against it. I like to bend it over and have it sit close with the elastic band and the shorter length makes that more difficult.

aniceto

Thanks a lot guys for your asnwers

Hi,
I bought my first MV during last halloween sales, the others sales i’m aware of are the BF and the 4/20 sales.
And for out and about i can’t tell because I only use those beasts (i’ve two of em) at home, hope that helps a little 😜
Can you remember the discount %? what kind of sale was it?

aniceto,

aniceto

Hi guys, sorry for this question since I know it's somewhere in the thread, I don't know how to find it though.

Which are the best websites or stores to find third party Minivap accessories?

thanks in advanced

Top Bottom