MiniVAP Vaporizer

braindamage

Are there any distributors for the MiniVap in the US? I think Vapor Nation use to carry them years ago before they got bought out. I'm curious to see if it's worth picking one up these days and if the tech has changed much.

braindamage,

Kins

I received my device back a while ago. Sorry I didn't update this right away. It's been sitting in my closet. Really I just like my other vapes much better. I'm doing a cannabreak for a little while and maybe when I come back I'll try that device again but I doubt it.

Kins,
Reactions: dimmusp

braindamage

I received my device back a while ago. Sorry I didn't update this right away. It's been sitting in my closet. Really I just like my other vapes much better. I'm doing a cannabreak for a little while and maybe when I come back I'll try that device again but I doubt it.
What makes your other vapes better in your opinion? MiniVaps are a kinda pricy for it to not be one of your main go to vapes.

braindamage,

Kins

What makes your other vapes better in your opinion? MiniVaps are a kinda pricy for it to not be one of your main go to vapes.

Well I really don't like the silly flexicone or flexicone+. My tinymight uses less herb and hits harder. Minivap is not a heavy hitter in my opinion. It's also solid. By "Solid" I mean you can use the WPA and just put the device on the water pipe or bong. With Minvap you have to hold both the device and the water piece. Kind of awkward and gets old fast. Tinymight also has better taste.

Don't get me wrong Minivap is an "ok" vape it just can't compete with the others I have now.

Kins,
  • Wow

Vizyt91

Well I really don't like the silly flexicone or flexicone+. My tinymight uses less herb and hits harder. Minivap is not a heavy hitter in my opinion. It's also solid. By "Solid" I mean you can use the WPA and just put the device on the water pipe or bong. With Minvap you have to hold both the device and the water piece. Kind of awkward and gets old fast. Tinymight also has better taste.

Don't get me wrong Minivap is an "ok" vape it just can't compete with the others I have now.
I tend to disagree here, MV (especially glass-core on red) can hit me as hard as my splinter Z , I have just to pull a few seconds more to achieve a really massive and medicating cloud. The flavor on the MV (teflon&glass) is tastier than my splinter Z and even my firefly 2+ , the flavor stays clean along the sesh, never « burnt popcorny » and no stirring needed.
Another things I like are the battery life and the classy look/feeling of this vape.

PS : I don’t own a TM so I can’t really compare but the MV is not just an « ok » vaporizer imho.

Last edited:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
MiniVAP to me has no replacement for its obscene battery life, giant bowl, easy to share, heavy hits.

The chamber seemingly lasts forever and is perfect for a group of people or extended night out - never worry about reloading, temperature control, grind technique, pack technique, draw technique, or any other voodoo magic - once it's on, it's on. Battery lasts hours upon hours, can't wait for the next MiniVAP to release! :)

Goita

It's funny but when I first got the mv I liked it but wasn't blown away, maybe my expectations were unrealistic. However over time I have grown to love it and really appreciate the design, vapor quality, battery life and versatility! I found that I had to play around with different loading styles (see stck stones blog on tips and tricks) before I found a method that worked best for me. I tend to load direct, half fill the chamber and then put the small basket on top - I get quick extraction and good clouds on green. If I want a more leisurely vape with more flavor I use the large basket and attach to the flexicone which is more convenction. One things that I find with the MV is that the high always seems to be balanced, well rounded and long lasting when compared to a dynavap.

Pagan Zod

Just got my Brilliant Cut grinder (medium plate) and this grind consistency is perfect for the MV, for my preferences at least. Anybody tried the Flowermill? I’d be interested to see how the two compare.

In regard to the MV not hitting hard, I have two things to say on that score. Number one, I haven’t had a single problem getting massive and super dense clouds out of my MV on pink, green, and red, with blue delivering some nice lighter clouds as well. Number two, I just don’t get why the common measure among so many vape enthusiasts is that a device is worthless unless you can “milk a bong” with it (for the record, I could definitely “milk a bong” with my MV on any of the top three temp settings). I personally don’t enjoy taking lung busting draws on any of my devices. It’s been years since I even pulled a ghost through a bong, and I’d like to think I’d fair okay nowadays, but the likely reality is I’d end up leaving part of my lungs on the floor. My personal feeling are, you waste too much active ingredients with the milking a bong philosophy, because there’s literally no way your lungs can absorb such a massive hit. There’s a cap on how much your lungs are capable of processing and going over that line doesn’t get you any higher, it just makes you cough harder.

cptofnthng

There’s a cap on how much your lungs are capable of processing and going over that line doesn’t get you any higher, it just makes you cough harder.
true, but sometimes its nice to get a big Hit, you know?
im really curious about the MV, because i Love the TB and apparently its heater is from the same Dude.

Razhumikin

im really curious about the MV, because i Love the TB and apparently its heater is from the same Dude.
You can absolutely get huge hits from the minivap, I do it every day on blue (lowest temp). It just depends on how you are hitting it, youre not going to get a huge hit out of the small mouthpiece or flexicone plus, there is just too much draw resistance from these methods for it. If you attach the WPA, its a very different story.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

I have both, Tafee Bowle and MV. Love them both.
They both work great but have some opposites:
- Taffee has almost instant warmup with MV at other end of that curve, long warmup.
- MV has long airpath , with laminar smooth flow vs Tafee with short, change of direction, turbulent airflow.
- MV has longest battery life vs short battery capacity of Bowle.
- stock MV has short vapor conditioning after chamber vs Bowle with awesome stock J hook vapor conditioning.

Love em both!!!

Kins

The flexicone just makes it look like a toy. Opening and unscrewing the top and securing the flexicone is a PIA. Having to do that is also a dislike that I have. It's just big and awkward to use also. Yeah I'll agree the flavor is great for the first few hits, but just like any other vaporizer it starts to taste nasty at the end. So that's no different than others so it's really not a negative. Understand I don't hate this vaporizer, I just prefer others to it. It's also extremely overpriced in my opinion. I'm sure not everyone likes this vape. I can't be the only one. People don't like to speak out if they don't like or prefer a product. I'm just not afraid to tell the truth of what I think. A lot of times I get in trouble for it.

MinnBobber

@Kins What model do you have, glass or Teflon core?
Personally, I love the Flexicone Modules. So much so, that I try to use them on all my vapes.
They work wonderfully on the Mighty and the Crafty and the Herbalizer.
Flexicones make for even more of a convection experience and they allow for easy insertion of a paper filter to filter out all that nasty ABV dust.
Flexicones a PIA to change?? With a spare loaded, I can switch to new Flexi in 3 seconds, blindfolded so not sure how that’s a pain ??

With the MV I never get that burnt popcorn taste, at the end of the basket the flavor merely goes down to meh.

I have never experienced a vaporizer with better flavor than the miniVAP, it can produce much bigger clouds than I ever need, it almost never needs cleaning with the paper filters, and can micro dose extremely well.

How, exactly do you use it, what setup?
It can be used about 101 different ways😀
Note that the Delta3DStudio silicone wpa makes for even easier handling and multi functional use.

Your experience may vary but miniVAP has proven a top vape for my wants and needs.

Attachments

• 14CDC88C-B860-49FB-8F42-B95B1C370AEF.jpeg
    14CDC88C-B860-49FB-8F42-B95B1C370AEF.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

MonkeyTime

The flexicone just makes it look like a toy. Opening and unscrewing the top and securing the flexicone is a PIA. Having to do that is also a dislike that I have. It's just big and awkward to use also. Yeah I'll agree the flavor is great for the first few hits, but just like any other vaporizer it starts to taste nasty at the end. So that's no different than others so it's really not a negative. Understand I don't hate this vaporizer, I just prefer others to it. It's also extremely overpriced in my opinion. I'm sure not everyone likes this vape. I can't be the only one. People don't like to speak out if they don't like or prefer a product. I'm just not afraid to tell the truth of what I think. A lot of times I get in trouble for it.

Everyone has their own needs, habits and likes, it makes the world go round, not someone wrong!

I on the other hand also love the flexicones! I also love my MV's, especially the glass core, for my needs and habits, it works better than my PQC, which others prefer for flavor.

I also love my TB and TM, after that it's just the "likes" for portables.

@Kins What model do you have, glass or Teflon core?
Personally, I love the Flexicone Modules. So much so, that I try to use them on all my vapes.
They work wonderfully on the Mighty and the Crafty and the Herbalizer.
Flexicones make for even more of a convection experience and they allow for easy insertion of a paper filter to filter out all that nasty ABV dust.

With the MV I never get that burnt popcorn taste, at the end of the basket the flavor merely goes down to meh.

I have never experienced a vaporizer with better flavor than the miniVAP, it can produce much bigger clouds than I ever need, it almost never needs cleaning with the paper filters, and can micro dose extremely well.

How, exactly do you use it, what setup?
It can be used about 101 different ways😀
Stop rubbing in that Delrin adapter for those of us later to the game!

MinnBobber

Sorry @MonkeyTime , photoshop out the Delrin ?? 😉

Checkout the new mini-Bowle, the best of 2 worlds??? The starting vapor quality of the miniVAP + the superb vapor conditioning of the Bowle J-hook. 😎
Note: you need a little extension on the Flexi module, for the mV body to clear.

Attachments

• F32D3DCF-8969-4BC2-B299-405F1AAF3B4B.jpeg
    F32D3DCF-8969-4BC2-B299-405F1AAF3B4B.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 32

MonkeyTime

Sorry @MonkeyTime , photoshop out the Delrin ?? 😉

Checkout the new mini-Bowle, the best of 2 worlds??? The starting vapor quality of the miniVAP + the superb vapor conditioning of the Bowle J-hook. 😎
Note: you need a little extension on the Flexi module, for the mV body to clear.
Just a thick o-ring? Might have to try that tonight, the j hook does seem to work wonders.

I've also used the cones with my Neo with great success. Love them, even more with the paper filters. I bought a leather punch set so I would have a lot of size options to play with. Great idea!

Top of your last picture, just a silicone wpa such as the Delta3D? I get too set in habits to be inventive, need to start thinking with all the bits I've accumulated.

Razhumikin

Just a thick o-ring? Might have to try that tonight, the j hook does seem to work wonders.

I've also used the cones with my Neo with great success. Love them, even more with the paper filters. I bought a leather punch set so I would have a lot of size options to play with. Great idea!

Top of your last picture, just a silicone wpa such as the Delta3D? I get too set in habits to be inventive, need to start thinking with all the bits I've accumulated.
How have you used the cones with your Neo? I am intrigued to try (neo is definitely my second favorite vape after the minivap)

MinnBobber

There are 101 ways to use the mV.
Top of last picture, this??
The Delta3DStudio wpa serves as a gateway to many 😀
Pic attached shows it with glass connector and wooden adapter from Ed’s TnT...custom made for another project I dreamed up. 😴

Attachments

• 18A35BA5-3553-42BE-9D3C-0E1171033F92.jpeg
    18A35BA5-3553-42BE-9D3C-0E1171033F92.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 20

Kins

How have you used the cones with your Neo? I am intrigued to try (neo is definitely my second favorite vape after the minivap)

I'm not really a fan of the Neo either. I do like the Minivap better then the Neo though. I even purchased the special bowl that's made for the Neo and it just doesn't work any better than other pipes. I gave that vape more than it's share of chances to impress me. I get the whole idea and concept of it, but in real life it just doesn't work the way it was intended to work by the manufacturer. "Ok hold this thing up over your bowl. Now take cigar puffs, after so many cigar puffs try a regular inhale, buy this bowl it's specialized and you'll love it!"....Sorry prrl labs this was a swing and a miss!

Kins,

Razhumikin

I'm not really a fan of the Neo either. I do like the Minivap better then the Neo though. I even purchased the special bowl that's made for the Neo and it just doesn't work any better than other pipes. I gave that vape more than it's share of chances to impress me. I get the whole idea and concept of it, but in real life it just doesn't work the way it was intended to work by the manufacturer. "Ok hold this thing up over your bowl. Now take cigar puffs, after so many cigar puffs try a regular inhale, buy this bowl it's specialized and you'll love it!"....Sorry prrl labs this was a swing and a miss!
This is maybe not the right place for this conversation but it took me a while to get in a sweet spot with my neo, and now that Ive figured it out I think its absolutely incredible (I also have the specialized purr bowl). The flavor is absolutely top-notch, and can be even better than the minivap (even if its a more fussy experience overall). I never take cigar puffs, feel free to dm me if you want any tips on getting the most out of your neo.

Kins

I will say that Minivap has pretty good customer service and when I sent mine in it was returned to me within a week or two. Also I do like the Minivap better than that Dynacrap. Returned that P.O.S. So see I do not "hate" the Minivap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom