MiniVAP Vaporizer

Razhumikin

Do you like crescendo? Ngw version? Never tried that yet.
Yea, i really like the crescendo. I dont think its the NGW version, I got it in Maine, but honestly dont remember. Its got a really nice chocolate/coffee flavor and aroma, and its very stimulating. Not on my list of favorite strains but a good tier 2 option.

buckhakeesah

Yea, i really like the crescendo. I dont think its the NGW version, I got it in Maine, but honestly dont remember. Its got a really nice chocolate/coffee flavor and aroma, and its very stimulating. Not on my list of favorite strains but a good tier 2 option.
Sounds like I need to give it a try. Thanks for the description on it. Very helpful. Thanks.

On the topic of MV, every year I get the urge to want to sell my teflon og. Then a large basket will quickly remind me why this thing is the best lazy vape around my home. I guess this Teflon might be sticking around longer yet again.

Last edited:

Choices

... On the topic of MV, every year I get the urge to want to sell my teflon og. Then a large basket will quickly remind me why this thing is the best lazy vape around my home. I guess this Teflon might be sticking around longer yet again.
I think the Teflon core is awesome! I love how it can bring a solid terp flavor profile out of even pedestrian popcorn buds or shake. And yes a deep bowl walking all the way from blue up to red is a great experience. It is not a vape to stress over. It does exactly what folks want ease of use, great flavor, and great effects. There is a reason you don’t see it showing up used. Even if a person doesn’t have in their daily rotation they always are aware of what it does and reluctant to part with it. My Minivap always gets a use or three over a span of two weeks. It is the ultimate backup vape capable of filling in for a long period of time as I wander from one honeymoon period to another. A pair of jeans of which you just don’t let go....

Smknbud

My new MV from 4/20 sale arrived today. That was pretty quick. I did do the expedited shipping though.

My initial opinion is that it really isn't much different than it's circa 2017 blue brother. Heat up time a little faster and has a bit more in the cloud production department. Effects seem same along with taste profile.

No complaints at all. Happy to give it a home.

171589758.jpg

buckhakeesah

I think the Teflon core is awesome! I love how it can bring a solid terp flavor profile out of even pedestrian popcorn buds or shake. And yes a deep bowl walking all the way from blue up to red is a great experience. It is not a vape to stress over. It does exactly what folks want ease of use, great flavor, and great effects. There is a reason you don’t see it showing up used. Even if a person doesn’t have in their daily rotation they always are aware of what it does and reluctant to part with it. My Minivap always gets a use or three over a span of two weeks. It is the ultimate backup vape capable of filling in for a long period of time as I wander from one honeymoon period to another. A pair of jeans of which you just don’t let go....
Oh! Like them old bugle boy jeans. I get ya. I really dig this response as it seems to match my relationship with the MV. It truly is a wonderful piece of vape history, hard to let go of.

My new MV from 4/20 sale arrived today. That was pretty quick. I did do the expedited shipping though.

My initial opinion is that it really isn't much different than it's circa 2017 blue brother. Heat up time a little faster and has a bit more in the cloud production department. Effects seem same along with taste profile.

No complaints at all. Happy to give it a home.

171589758.jpg
Is that smaller delrin adapter made from FC member Mestizo ? If so cool! I've never seen the smaller one.

Last edited:

Pagan Zod

It is indeed. I can't hang my J-Hook on it like the full lid adapter, but the fit is so precise you can invert it without a problem. Really a shame these can't be had anymore.
I wish I could get one of those whole-lid delrin adapters (if anyone reading this wants to part with theirs, I’m happy to make a deal!). My Delta 3D Studios WPA was made with silicone that isn’t rigid enough & it flops to the side, making it great for inverting in a bong, but horrible to set anything on top without risking broken glass. Thing is, i don’t have a bong or a down tube bubbler. I only have hydratubes & a j-hook at the moment & it just doesn’t work for anything to set on top. I ordered an aluminum tube & some lavalock 650 to reinforce it, but I have no hope that it will work properly. My glass MV WPA has to be cleaned out so often to prevent the honey reclaim from clogging up the bottleneck & I would love to find a viable option alternative. Maybe I can commission a turned wood lid WPA from Ed’s TnT…

Pagan Zod

Hey guys DHL just picked up my defective unit. Hopefully in a month I'll have it back fixed. A month is just what I'm guessing.
Have you gotten your MV back from warranty yet? I have to send mine back to Spain here pretty soon because it’s starting to act up a little more regularly with not stabilizing the heat up temp & shutting down, even at the blue & pink settings, but curiously it’s only when the battery is at a full charge.

mixchu69

I purchased the Teflon core about 5-6 years ago (its my taste machine); but looking to upgrade the core to glass (flowerpot has ruined me. Looks like there are 2 options 1) glass core. 2) glass/Teflon core. Can somebody provide their experiences with either or both. Thanks

Razhumikin

I purchased the Teflon core about 5-6 years ago (its my taste machine); but looking to upgrade the core to glass (flowerpot has ruined me. Looks like there are 2 options 1) glass core. 2) glass/Teflon core. Can somebody provide their experiences with either or both. Thanks
I have the glass/teflon core, and have never tried the glass core. I am deeply, deeply in love with the teflon/glass minivap; my understanding is that you get better flavor with the teflon and better clouds with the glass, but I get really great clouds with the teflon/glass core ever since switching to using it through glass exclusively, so i have a hard time understanding the appeal of the glass core.

guyonthecouch

Here's an in depth explanation of the differences in heating cores from the minivap website.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
He made a WPA some years ago. It sadly was a failure and I was one of it's victims. It attached over the MV lid nipple and was extra snug fitting and eventually led to the hard plastic nipple to break apart. I kept it for posterity sake :)

171593076.jpg

Can confirm that this wooden WPA pictured can possibly break the MV lid's nipple. :doh::doh::doh: I am scrambling to find a replacement for mine currently.

Does anyone know any online shops in the US that sell a MV Lid?

Pagan Zod

@DryBonesufo
Depending on basket size (and keep in mind that I toss a dab of concentrate in with my bowls, and my herb is tippy top shelf CO herb, both of which count for bowl longevity), you get around 10+ hits from the small basket & 25+ with the medium basket. I would assume without concentrate, you could probably get around 2/3 the amount of hits with top shelf herb.

Smknbud

Can anyone comment on the vapor production of the Minivap compared to the Tafee bowle. Is it possible to at least get three or 4 good thick hits?
With my TB I usually get a half dozen hits with the oven pots, as Tafee calls them, filled as suggested and with my teflon/glass or older QC teflon MV's I get at best about double that, and that's with the medium basket. I will admit I could get a few more with the MV, but the taste goes south beyond that and I save my AVB for my magical butter machine. Cloud production depends on strain to be honest, and since I prefer the teflon core it's not as thick to begin with as the glass core. I would say level 2 on the TB is equal to green on the teflon MV cloud wise. Buzz wise, the nod is towards the MV for me.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
^Exactly that.

Bowle is ready instantly when I get home and swapping in new pots is done within seconds.

The MV I load the entire giant chamber and share it with a couple pals at the park. Battery is seemingly endless (I don't even think of it) and the hits are big and satisfying for the whole sesh. Amazing!

Vapbong the big heavy hitter at home. Collection complete :)

Top Bottom