• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Micro-dosing

stuey

Last few years I have been microdosing a lot. Mostly I use a VLeaf Go through a small bubbler, woodscents or tinymight 2. Though this last one takes a little bit more.
When you say the TM2 takes a bit more do you mean the minimum amount of flower is a bit more?

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a new vape and was thinking the TM2.

Will be micro dosing so wanted to know if it was the best choice. Difficult to ask in the TM thread as the answer is always "hell yeah!!""

Old Moderate

Last few years I have been microdosing a lot. Mostly I use a VLeaf Go through a small bubbler, woodscents or tinymight 2. Though this last one takes a little bit more.
Been thinking about the tinymight2. What do you think the minimum amount that can be loaded on the stem? I saw some option mods on the TM thread using a stack of dodu by capsules to get a nice micro dosing setup, but I wonder how small actually. For me the dynavap is a great micro-doser, but I want to find something portable with all convection.

Old Moderate,

Old Moderate

When you say the TM2 takes a bit more do you mean the minimum amount of flower is a bit more?

Will be micro dosing so wanted to know if it was the best choice. Difficult to ask in the TM thread as the answer is always "hell yeah!!""
I didn’t even see your post and you asked the same question. We are in the same place right now. Hah!

Old Moderate,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I have been using a TM as well for micro dosing and the amount of material is quite small to produce vapour. A top notch device for it.
Same. I move between microdosing and regular dosing throughout my day or even over weeks. The TM is pretty much the easiest device for this. While you can't really nurse a big bowl for a long time in the TM, you can load a minuscule amount into the TM. With the stock set up, just push the CU all the way down and load a few flakes of flower. Easy-peasy. And it tastes great to boot!

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
Same. I move between microdosing and regular dosing throughout my day or even over weeks. The TM is pretty much the easiest device for this. While you can't really nurse a big bowl for a long time in the TM, you can load a minuscule amount into the TM. With the stock set up, just push the CU all the way down and load a few flakes of flower. Easy-peasy. And it tastes great to boot!
I do like wise, but place a conical screen in between as I lower temps and to keep things cleaner.

ElMetrico

I never weighed it but I think the minimal amount is 0.04-0.07, depending on grinding consistency and 'stickyness' of your bud. This will determine the minimal amount that covers the screen that will stick in the bowl and not fall out. Tinymight is also the only vape where I take a draw and lay ot down for a while and take another draw later. By doing this, you can load a little more. Only disadvantage is that the second draw has little flavor but it still tastes relatively good compared to all the other on demand vapes I have.

If you are mostly vaping around the house and don't mind using a small bubbler, the VLeaf go can offer much smaller dosing. This is because the diameter of the bowl is a lot smaller. And it only costs a fraction of the tinymight.

But the tinymight really offers quick, low key hits. So if stealth is a factor the tinymight is hard to beat.

ElMetrico

Been thinking about the tinymight2. What do you think the minimum amount that can be loaded on the stem? I saw some option mods on the TM thread using a stack of dodu by capsules to get a nice micro dosing setup, but I wonder how small actually. For me the dynavap is a great micro-doser, but I want to find something portable with all convection.
Minimum amount is 0.04-0.07. I also use a dynavap for microdosing but tinymight is better for portability unless you have an induction heater. When you want to vape while walking or such, the dynavap with induction heater is easier for me since I can quickly load a bowl from pre-grinded material by sucking it in, blow it empty afterwards and it can't fall out like with the tinymight stem which can result in a little bit of a mess when you for example shake it too hard, especially with very little material (when micro dosing).

But this is only the case when I try to be as stealthy as possible, when you don't mind a more finicky loading/ emtying the tinymight offers better flavor IMO.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
At first you would think that buying a TM2 for microdosing is like buying a muscle car so you can drive 5 mph under the speed limit, but there is the quality of vaping too. The TM2 provides the best flavor in any portable flower device I've used. So while it can easily vape a flake or two of cannabis, you are also certain to get the best flavor out of that micro dose. And you can extract at exactly the temp you wish.

gotbadvas

I fell off the low dose wagon and hit my head. It's ok though I am not going to punish myself I did it knowingly so you could say I jumped off. Do any of you also do this going back a forth from low to mega dosing then back? It's the edibles at night that do it. I am up to about 150mg where I was only at 12 not long ago.

The cannabinoids seem to disrupt my sleep so I need to stop the late night mct oil tinctures. I did skip the tincture last night but did two heat cycles on a bowl of hash in my thermal accumulator and some cart hits for a wake and bake which still wasn't that strong.

I should start doing more 1:1 with cbd. I have a cart and some flower from Goat Ridge Hemp I can mix with the usual.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Do any of you also do this going back a forth from low to mega dosing then back?
Yes indeed I do. It's also the edibles for me that start the ruination of my tolerance. Not being at work over Christmas/New year I found myself mixing infused coconut oil into mid-day coffees every other day and eventually daily. It was also fun bringing out rarely used large-load vapes for a while but ultimately unsatisfying and wasteful.
I'm back on the straight and narrow sub 0.05g in the Anvil and feel better for it, plus just the one canna coffee each week on Saturday afternoons.

gotbadvas

plus just the one canna coffee each week on Saturday afternoons.
Oh yeah I was doing this thing where I took rso and mixed it into emulsified MCT oil. Then I mixed that into my coffee in the morning. I don't know how well the rso mixed in but man did it ever work. I had to take a lot lower than normal dose. I also used an electric whisk to really blend it in my coffee. I freaking love it and need to make more. I am not kidding it is worth trying imo.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
I also used an electric whisk to really blend it in my coffee
I've been putting a little sunflower lecithin powder into the canna coffee to emulsify it better. I still end up stirring before every sip through habit though! Fortunately I seem to be getting away with the one Saturday coffee without boosting my tolerance significantly.

gotbadvas

I've been putting a little sunflower lecithin powder into the canna coffee to emulsify it better. I still end up stirring before every sip through habit though! Fortunately I seem to be getting away with the one Saturday coffee without boosting my tolerance significantly.
Very glad to have found an other canna coffee enthusiast haha! I used to make french press but now have changed to clever dripper. If you get a cheap electric whisk and start with only a small amount of coffee in the cup with your oil then whisk it you can blend it fairly well then top off and stir to avoid blowing liquid all over the place.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Tonight I vaped 0.03g of some very old flower and the effects were surprisingly psychedelic. For me, I'd estimate an actual microdose to be around 0.005g based on that buzz. This outdoor weed is over 5 years old, which might make a microdose of premium bud around 0.002g or less.

For some context, In the run up to tonight I've purposely been vaping even less potent flower than tonight's for about 10 days, to achieve just the minimum effects (a bit like the resensitization process), most of the time.

It does make me think that there's a high risk of first time cannabis users overdosing and getting freaked out and not enjoying the experience at all. I also think that there's an optimum starting dose for nearly everybody, even those people that had a traumatic vomitting session after their first spliff and swore off it for life.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I'm currently doing another t break, after which I'm gonna microdose again. I did this as well last month I think. After the break I started with .05 doses and I got that paranoid self conscious high, very uncomfortable. This led me to up my dose lol (probably should've lowered it), because I wanted my tolerance to rise for the effects to become more gentle. I'll try even lower doses once I finish this current break. I hope I can find a dose that works for me. I prefer to use throughout the day to lift my spirits a little, I'm not after getting totally blazed. The withdrawal is also annoying, physical only (night sweats), but still uncomfortable. I'm hoping that keeping my intake limited will prevent this withdrawal nuisance.

GoldenBud

I'm currently doing another t break, after which I'm gonna microdose again. I did this as well last month I think. After the break I started with .05 doses and I got that paranoid self conscious high, very uncomfortable. This led me to up my dose lol (probably should've lowered it), because I wanted my tolerance to rise for the effects to become more gentle. I'll try even lower doses once I finish this current break. I hope I can find a dose that works for me. I prefer to use throughout the day to lift my spirits a little, I'm not after getting totally blazed. The withdrawal is also annoying, physical only (night sweats), but still uncomfortable. I'm hoping that keeping my intake limited will prevent this withdrawal nuisance.
13 days elapsed since I had taken the last hit, and still having mild side effects.....
Dopamine is a hell of a drug :lol:

Old Moderate

Maybe try a 1:1 flower to start back on or mix your own with CBD flower. That way the precise dosing is less critical (and the clouds are nice and full).

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Maybe try a 1:1 flower to start back on or mix your own with CBD flower. That way the precise dosing is less critical (and the clouds are nice and full).
Yeah that's probably the easiest way. 1:1 doesn't really get sold here unfortunately and the cbd herb is sub par in the flavor department. Especially with hash the flower completely overtakes flavor. Maybe I should try some cbd hash for when I mix it with my Moroccan hash. I'm gonna try and prolong the break for the full month, I'll look around in the meantime for some better cbd flower and some cbd hash. (I'm in EU where the cbd products appear to be lower quality compared to US)

Oil420FL

Yeah that's probably the easiest way. 1:1 doesn't really get sold here unfortunately and the cbd herb is sub par in the flavor department. Especially with hash the flower completely overtakes flavor. Maybe I should try some cbd hash for when I mix it with my Moroccan hash. I'm gonna try and prolong the break for the full month, I'll look around in the meantime for some better cbd flower and some cbd hash. (I'm in EU where the cbd products appear to be lower quality compared to US)
I was going to recommend some sources for tasty hemp flower until I saw you're in EU. I'd hunt for a dispensary that sells good ratio herbs. Tikkun Olam is based in Israel, but I can get their ratio strains in Florida. They do excellent ratio products and may have a contract with a dispensary to sell their strains near you. I just watched a seminar with Dr. Dustin Sulak last night and he commented that more and more research is suggesting that ratio is better across different effects/symptoms. (Note: my wife has been telling me this for months based on her experience, so the research must be right :-)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I was going to recommend some sources for tasty hemp flower until I saw you're in EU. I'd hunt for a dispensary that sells good ratio herbs. Tikkun Olam is based in Israel, but I can get their ratio strains in Florida. They do excellent ratio products and may have a contract with a dispensary to sell their strains near you. I just watched a seminar with Dr. Dustin Sulak last night and he commented that more and more research is suggesting that ratio is better across different effects/symptoms. (Note: my wife has been telling me this for months based on her experience, so the research must be right :-)
Thanks Im gonna need to try this, maybe add some cbd hash.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I was just thinking that one of the side-benefits of microdosing is that there's no need for any stirring
I almost never stir. I find that it rarely makes a difference. People care a lot about the even color of their duff, but I think that has more to do with heated plant matter than with efficient extraction of vapable cannabinoids.

Last edited:
Top Bottom