• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Micro-dosing

darkstar72

I like to keep it simple as well. My preferred consumption pattern is roughly .03 gram sativa dom. flower, convection roasted with my Heat Island log using the smallest chamber size and a j-hook for cooling. I use roughly a gram per month consuming daily once or twice. Micro dosing with a desktop log is a win for me as I keep my buzz rolling at a low cost.

Last edited:

Oil420FL

I like to keep it simple as well. My preferred consumption pattern is roughly .03 gram sativa dom. flower, convection roasted with my Heat Island log using the smallest chamber size and a j-hook for cooling. I use roughly a gram per month consuming daily once or twice. Micro dosing with a desktop log is a win for me as I keep my buzz rolling at a low cost.
Yes keeping it rolling is a phrase that fits for me. My 1st dose of the day is largest, maybe .08 gram. But subsequ doses can be half that or less. And my name should come up for my first log (from Alan) in about a month.

CANtalk

Nice to hear from people.
Nice, you're routine is similar to mine. I like 0.050 grams at a time unless I want a small bump or finish and I aim for weekend only cannabis use. try to vape 0.250 grams per weekend (~1 gram per month). Sativa dominant almost all the time.

Yes keeping it rolling is a phrase that fits for me. My 1st dose of the day is largest, maybe .08 gram. But subsequ doses can be half that or less. And my name should come up for my first log (from Alan) in about a month.
Sweet. Have you tried less as a first dose? Something 0.050-0.055 grams? A good sativa batch helps those doses hit above their weight imo.

Things are good here. I rigidly followed 0.250 grams cannabis vaped per weekend for a long time now, and recently it's more about going with the flow. In the last few months, I've had some weekends with an extra bowl (0.050 grams), and at least one weekend with a second bowl :nod:. But I also had a great time w/ 0.020 grams cannabis last weekend. This weekend, I'm currently only 0.010 grams in so far. One bowl 0.050 grams yesterday over three sessions (two low temp session each with one long draw and a finishing session at medium temp with two shorter draws. And the same thing today (so far). Most all of my microdosing and vaping is sativa dominant, and in the last few months even more than usual. Though I have swapped a few last Sunday bowls with Afghan Hammer to help get a good sleep (Indica dominant).

Any microdoser's here exercise? There are a number of members on the Athlete Vaporist thread and it's a good read.... many here are using cannabis and being productive/healthy.

Keep on keep on. Have a great weekend too

:peace: :leaf:

CANtalk

My last post was a little rough, sorry wuz high :razz:. I meant to say I vaped 0.200 grams last weekend... and a few other little things.

It's interesting to hear people vaping 0.030 - 0.050 gram amounts. Not very many go that low often.

Cheers

DrJynx86

Next time I have some good flowers I will weight an accurate gram and divide it by 20, and see if I can stretch it during 20 days as nightly reward.

Should I get a dynavap or would the almighty SOLO be good for such quantity?

DrJynx86,

Oil420FL

Nice to hear from people.

Nice, you're routine is similar to mine. I like 0.050 grams at a time unless I want a small bump or finish and I aim for weekend only cannabis use. try to vape 0.250 grams per weekend (~1 gram per month). Sativa dominant almost all the time.

Sweet. Have you tried less as a first dose? Something 0.050-0.055 grams? A good sativa batch helps those doses hit above their weight imo.

Things are good here. I rigidly followed 0.250 grams cannabis vaped per weekend for a long time now, and recently it's more about going with the flow. In the last few months, I've had some weekends with an extra bowl (0.050 grams), and at least one weekend with a second bowl :nod:. But I also had a great time w/ 0.020 grams cannabis last weekend. This weekend, I'm currently only 0.010 grams in so far. One bowl 0.050 grams yesterday over three sessions (two low temp session each with one long draw and a finishing session at medium temp with two shorter draws. And the same thing today (so far). Most all of my microdosing and vaping is sativa dominant, and in the last few months even more than usual. Though I have swapped a few last Sunday bowls with Afghan Hammer to help get a good sleep (Indica dominant).

Any microdoser's here exercise? There are a number of members on the Athlete Vaporist thread and it's a good read.... many here are using cannabis and being productive/healthy.

Keep on keep on. Have a great weekend too

I have tried less as a first dose, but it then gets very strain dependent. Oddly the higher % hybrids don’t work as well. Haven’t tried it with a pure sativa

Oil420FL,

CANtalk

Next time I have some good flowers I will weight an accurate gram and divide it by 20, and see if I can stretch it during 20 days as nightly reward.

Should I get a dynavap or would the almighty SOLO be good for such quantity?
Try it and let us know how it goes & what you think 👍. And try to use a consistent nug. Weight can vary big time depending on cola vs sugar leaf content. Both those vapes will work, though the Solo won't extract as well as the Dynavap. I use a high extraction desktop vape and it's worth it. I can load my desktop with AVB from my ultraportable electronic vape and get clouds :). Have never combusted either.

I have tried less as a first dose, but it then gets very strain dependent. Oddly the higher % hybrids don’t work as well. Haven’t tried it with a pure sativa
Nice 👍. I used to blast my first dose of the day... and in the last few years have dialed it down to an average dose. Both ways have their merit and are worth trying before choosing one. I find the first dose to be quality strain dependent, but I always use my best strains for the first vape of the day :). And once I'm high, the high gets less strain dependent slowly. I've also adapted my routine around that by typically vaping sativas in order, and from pure or high sativa strains to leaning sativa strains (based on the their estimated sativa %). I typically change the bowl this way over a day, and over a weekend as well. I won't give up a higher percentage sativa for a higher THC content either (tried both). My first vape of the day today is Vortex, est. 80% sativa :clap:.

Cheers to all the microdosers out there. Bill Maher recently had a bit on microdosing, enjoy.

Last edited:

Oil420FL

Try it and let us know how it goes & what you think 👍. Try to use a consistent nug. Weight can vary big time depending on cola vs sugar leaf content. Both those vapes will work, though the Solo won't extract as well as the Dynavap. I use a high extraction desktop vape and it's worth it. I can load my desktop with AVB from my ultraportable electronic vape and get clouds :). Have never combusted either.

Nice 👍. I used to blast my first dose of the day... and in the last few years have dialed it down to an average dose. Both ways have their merit and are worth trying before choosing one. I find first dose quality strain dependent, but I always use my best strains for the first vape of the day :). And once I'm high, the high gets less strain dependent slowly. I've also adapted my routine to that by typically vaping sativas in order, and from pure or high sativa strains to leaning sativa strains (based on the their estimated sativa %). I typically do this over a day, and over a weekend as well. I won't give up a higher percentage sativa for a higher THC content either (tried both). My first vape of the day today is Vortex, est. 80% sativa :clap:.

Cheers to all the microdosers out there. Bill Maher recently had a bit on microdosing, enjoy.

Yes and I am starting to appreciate that high percent means less material and that could clear in fewer hits…

DrJynx86

I will try with grounded buds, might be difficult to weight without a good scale, but let's say I have 8 grams, I will eyeball that by 8 and then each will be grounded and well homogenized, and then divided by 20 by size, maybe using scale/squared paper and more eyeballing.

The good side of using the SOLO would be the AVB will have more goods in and saving it will be better for AVB pills in the long run.

Thanks for the advices!

DrJynx86,
Reactions: CANtalk

darkstar72

@DrJynx86 I sold my Solo 2 but kept my Dynavap. When I use the Dynavap, the chamber is at half size (inverted basket screen in there).

I am posting pics of my preferred small chamber sizes as I think this is the key to consuming small amounts. I don't measure so my prior post last month of .03 per day was an estimate and last week I'm sure I consumed more.

While the log is heating up, I take a couple of low temp hits. Mine heats up to full temp pretty quickly in like 4-5 minutes. I plug it in, turn on to full (12.4v), pack a small bowl, take a low temp hit, cover the log with my palm occasionally to gauge the heat radiating, wait 30 seconds or so and hit again.

If I want a big lung full I use the 8mm diameter basket screen / roasting tube (top) and may heat soak first at 11.5v. The 6mm basket screen is my daily driver (center) and it fits inside the log's heater cover (bottom). The 8mm one (top) butts up to the log's heater cover and has a silicone sleeve that slides over the heater to seal.

Get a log if you don't have one. Pictured is a 3/8 heater cover Heat Island log. Some log makers now offer the 7/16 heater cover size. I have not tried the larger size so I can't compare. I am very happy with what I have.

messages-0-9.jpg

messages-0-8.jpg

Rob90w

How is a firefly 2 plus for micro rowing and low tolerance users? I’m about to pull the trigger on a v3 pro after cancelling yesterday. Just before I get the v3 iv seems firefly 2 plus on sale and noticed it’s a convection device. For low dose low tolerance medical user does any one know if it would suit ?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I am gonna try and join you all again! I got the Thermal Accumulator and i noticed how little amount it took to get medicated, compared to my normal doses. I can get good effects with .06, while I used to dose at least double over the last period. I'm gonna do that resensitization or whatchamacallit by dr Sulak, 3 days off and then a few days of minimal dosing. Hope the decrease in tolerance will help bring down my doses even more, aiming for .05 at a time and .2-.25 over the day. Last time I tried I was getting g some new vapes as well so I had to do some macro trials lol, so let's see how this attempt turns out.

How is a firefly 2 plus for micro rowing and low tolerance users? I’m about to pull the trigger on a v3 pro after cancelling yesterday. Just before I get the v3 iv seems firefly 2 plus on sale and noticed it’s a convection device. For low dose low tolerance medical user does any one know if it would suit ?
When I had my FF2 I used it for microdosing during the day and it did a great job. I used it by taking a hit every now and then. I don't remember it as the fastest extractor, so if you wanna do tiny loads and be done in 1 or 2 hits, it might not be ideal. And there also might be better devices out there by now that you can microdose with. Most logs are pretty awesome for desktop, TM2 for portable, and Thermal Accumulator for butane.

darkstar72

I am gonna try and join you all again! I got the Thermal Accumulator and i noticed how little amount it took to get medicated, compared to my normal doses. I can get good effects with .06, while I used to dose at least double over the last period. I'm gonna do that resensitization or whatchamacallit by dr Sulak, 3 days off and then a few days of minimal dosing. Hope the decrease in tolerance will help bring down my doses even more, aiming for .05 at a time and .2-.25 over the day. Last time I tried I was getting g some new vapes as well so I had to do some macro trials lol, so let's see how this attempt turns out.

When I had my FF2 I used it for microdosing during the day and it did a great job. I used it by taking a hit every now and then. I don't remember it as the fastest extractor, so if you wanna do tiny loads and be done in 1 or 2 hits, it might not be ideal. And there also might be better devices out there by now that you can microdose with. Most logs are pretty awesome for desktop, TM2 for portable, and Thermal Accumulator for butane.
How is mini / micro dosing going with the TA? And are you using hash or flower (I know you like hash typically)? The Thermal Accumulator looks really nice to me so I'm wondering how the small dosing is going with you.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

How is mini / micro dosing going with the TA? And are you using hash or flower (I know you like hash typically)? The Thermal Accumulator looks really nice to me so I'm wondering how the small dosing is going with you.
I have only used it with hash for now. Microdosing is real easy like this. The heater (rubies) and heat retention is powerful enough to get plenty satisfying hits, so it doesn't even really feel like microdosing to me. With vape wool it allows to go real low. I expect it'll manage a .02 dose with ease and rewarding. I haven't dosed that low yet because I decided to prolong my t break. And though I haven't used TA with herb, I expect that it will manage that as well, but faster extraction.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
The main issue I have always had with microdosing is that I love the ritual of vaping. How can I enjoy my vapes if I have to put it down after a hit or two?

So my question for you folks….
If I vape 0.1g and only .03 is THC (the rest is CBD from one of the online shops recommended here ) does that constitute as micro-dosing or am I just kidding myself?

I still feel the effects - maybe no smacks to the face, but definitely a full high.
Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

The main issue I have always had with microdosing is that I love the ritual of vaping. How can I enjoy my vapes if I have to put it down after a hit or two?

If I vape 0.1g and only .03 is THC (the rest is CBD from one of the online shops recommended here ) does that constitute as micro-dosing or am I just kidding myself?

I still feel the effects - maybe no smacks to the face, but definitely a full high.

I am also very fond of the vaping ritual and experience, and have the same idea of adding CBD flower in the rotation to keep enjoying that. My thought is that eve though your flower dosage remains the same, when you zoom in on the thc compound it constitutes a microdose.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I find the FF2+ quite poor at microdosing, works best with full bowl and chunky grind, but it's hard to get a full extraction that is even, it's pretty finicky and has a strong learning curve... I find the V3 pro superior in almost every way for the price, my FF2+ was under 150, any more than that is not worth it imo V3P better bang for your buck, or the xlux roffu, both much better microdosing too in my experience... Tinymight even better though and Tafee bowle also better than Firefly in many ways (for me the FF2+ is purely a novelty for use every once in a while nostalgia for the original just unique form factor and profile though not very practical to me)

That's all you do really, you can't exactly macrodose with it, it's all mini or micro, really nice with ground herbs or a little nug, it does get a good dark extraction or whatever level you want, gets a lot out of the herbs so I'd say it's one of the tops, you can load just a tiny bit to cover the screen in the bowl and it could get a full extraction with plenty of vapor...

I have only used it with hash for now. Microdosing is real easy like this. The heater (rubies) and heat retention is powerful enough to get plenty satisfying hits, so it doesn't even really feel like microdosing to me. With vape wool it allows to go real low. I expect it'll manage a .02 dose with ease and rewarding. I haven't dosed that low yet because I decided to prolong my t break. And though I haven't used TA with herb, I expect that it will manage that as well, but faster extraction.

Did you modify your TA? You know it comes with glass balls, not rubies installed...?

Haha yeah that is the problem, I have not found any satisfying CBD herbs yet, even mixing with the THC, it's just hard to find the good stuff... But yeah the problem is always, one good hit deserves another, that's why micro dosing fresh bowls can be great, but too many back-to-back with a strong vape is problematic because it's so enjoyable lol

Last edited:

Old Moderate

Try it and let us know how it goes & what you think 👍. And try to use a consistent nug. Weight can vary big time depending on cola vs sugar leaf content. Both those vapes will work, though the Solo won't extract as well as the Dynavap. I use a high extraction desktop vape and it's worth it. I can load my desktop with AVB from my ultraportable electronic vape and get clouds :). Have never combusted either.

Nice 👍. I used to blast my first dose of the day... and in the last few years have dialed it down to an average dose. Both ways have their merit and are worth trying before choosing one. I find the first dose to be quality strain dependent, but I always use my best strains for the first vape of the day :). And once I'm high, the high gets less strain dependent slowly. I've also adapted my routine around that by typically vaping sativas in order, and from pure or high sativa strains to leaning sativa strains (based on the their estimated sativa %). I typically change the bowl this way over a day, and over a weekend as well. I won't give up a higher percentage sativa for a higher THC content either (tried both). My first vape of the day today is Vortex, est. 80% sativa :clap:.

I’m also following a pretty much split week (3 days weekend on; weekday off) works great to maintain low tolerance. Been nice to read about everyone’s approaches here. I’m probably working at a the lower end of tolerance, usually sharing 0.06 g at max. dose between two people. That on a Friday is too much but fine on the 2nd or 3rd day. Just an indication of how fast tolerance builds (and decreases) with this plant. My favorite method is to vape and then eat an edible ~2.5 mg homemade from flower at the same time. When the vaped flower starts to wear off, the edible is kicking in and if matched well it’s like the vaping session effects last for like 6hrs +. Kinda a nice goal to shoot for.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

After a t break during the first week of January I've been averaging a little under .3 g/day since the 2,5 week that past. it changes from day to day how often I dose, dosing at .03-.07 g depending on how I feel and time of day. Before my t break I used to do ~1.3 g/day with ~.13 g/dose.

The lower tolerance high is a bit different than constantly being medicated. I have less of an urge now, hours can go by without really noticing. So I'm happy that it takes way less material to get satisfying results. I do miss the vaping so I ordered some cbd flowers.

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
Have been micro dosing by mixing with CBD for years and it has helped keep my tolerance in a healthy check. There are sometimes that I will just use without mixing ...a straight up .1 in the Anvil and it hits me oh so nice.
Always have several different strains around for variety. Sativa by day and hybrid or indica at night.

Old Moderate

Have been micro dosing by mixing with CBD for years and it has helped keep my tolerance in a healthy check. There are sometimes that I will just use without mixing ...a straight up .1 in the Anvil and it hits me oh so nice.
Always have several different strains around for variety. Sativa by day and hybrid or indica at night.
I also like mixing in the hemp flower to give micro-doses some more vapor power. The cbd flower appears to produce lots of clouds, maybe more than the cannabis flower on a mass basis. Not sure why exactly as it is not supper strong smelling and the cbd content is not any higher than the thc content of the cannabis. Anyway, it is a nice way to micro-dose as other are saying.

Top Bottom