Micro-dosing

MDude

Are you able to use easily load the TM with 0.05g and less?

I kind of thought the stem would need more to hold it in place if you understand what I mean.
I dont have a scale that can weigh such a small amount.
You can make a dose as small as you want by pushing cooling unit closer to the end of stem, so as much as it needs to cover the diameter of the stem is the minimum.

Oil420FL

I'm finishing .05g in 1 or 2 hits using a DynaVap with a reduced bowl. I respect the click and get good enough temp control with an induction heater so it’s not too harsh. I’m using a Revolve stem away from home and a J-hook or small water pipe at home. But I keep reading about the advantages of on-demand convection vapes like the TM. Is there something that would work better than my current setup without a big learning curve or a lot of tinkering?

Oil420FL,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
But I keep reading about the advantages of on-demand convection vapes like the TM. Is there something that would work better than my current setup without a big learning curve or a lot of tinkering?
TM has almost no learning curve or tinkering. I never do anything besides clean my glass and very occasionally the screen.

I don't know if you would prefer it, but it can easily crush .05g in a single hit. Although I tend to prefer temp stepping to draw out the flavor.

Grass Yes,

Oil420FL

TM has almost no learning curve or tinkering. I never do anything besides clean my glass and very occasionally the screen.

I don't know if you would prefer it, but it can easily crush .05g in a single hit. Although I tend to prefer temp stepping to draw out the flavor.
That's encouraging. I'd gotten the impression that it took a while to "dial it in" and that sounded like a learning curve to me. And some people had trouble getting consistently good hits and that sounded like either finicky or learning curve to me.

Oil420FL,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
That's encouraging. I'd gotten the impression that it took a while to "dial it in" and that sounded like a learning curve to me. And some people had trouble getting consistently good hits and that sounded like either finicky or learning curve to me.
Judging by the TM thread, I feel like the most dialing in folks getting used to convection style heating. For me the means good even draws and temp stepping but it is different for other people.

Although I try not to make up my mind about a vape until I have used it daily for at least 2 weeks if not a month. Judging from every thread, I am probably an outlier on that too.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Oil420FL

Oil420FL

A couple of people have mentioned coarse grind in connection with specific vapes. Should I switch from medium to coarse to micro-dose in most pure convection vapes to better fill the oven?

Oil420FL,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
A couple of people have mentioned coarse grind in connection with specific vapes. Should I switch from medium to coarse to micro-dose in most pure convection vapes to better fill the oven?
I like a coarse grind in the TM but medium works great for me too. I haven't noticed that big of a difference. Not like the improvement of a fine grind in the vapman.

Grass Yes,

Oil420FL

What stem, etc., do you use to micro-dose in a TM? In some log vapes I’ve read about sandwiching a small dose between 2 basket screens in the stem for even roasts with no stirring.

Oil420FL,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
What stem, etc., do you use to micro-dose in a TM? In some log vapes I’ve read about sandwiching a small dose between 2 basket screens in the stem for even roasts with no stirring.
Basically any stem works for me with small amounts, but I have found it is easiest with a WPA. However the stock stem with the cooling unit adjusted way down is nice too.

I just measure out what I want, sometimes with the scale but usually with my scoop. I never stir and I don't bother with an extra screen.

rowbam

Very happy with this weekend's results after a little over a week break.

Don't have a scale for accurate amounts, but used my Vapman microdosing sieve for the first time, probably .05g. Potent enough high to enjoy and more like vaping used to be for me.

10/10, going to stick to only vaping on the weekend from here on out.

CANtalk

I can microdose with my ultraportable vape but the desktop is much better and a microdosing beast.

Don't have a scale for accurate amounts, but used my Vapman microdosing sieve for the first time, probably .05g. Potent enough high to enjoy and more like vaping used to be for me.

Great to hear it went well! I definitely recommend a scale, it will help a lot and they're inexpensive. As you get into the new routine, let us know how it goes. Good luck and enjoy!

Microdosing here keeps on plugging along successfully 👍. My total dosing over the last number weekends is a bit up an down but not being so rigid helps stay on a microdosing regime long-term. Adding an extra bowl in a weekend once in a while isn't a huge change or issue.

One weekend, I forgot to do my newer routine of single draw sessions for the first vaping of the week :doh: (my long term routine was to draw 2-3 times per temp setting and vape the material more completely). That alone upped my intake right off the bat for the weekend. And I indulged one day with three 0.050 gram bowls over 8 hours, which is a little much, and ended up greening out on the sofa later for an hour or so before going to bed :razz:. The last two weekends, I went back to single draw microdose sessions to start vaping after the weekly vaping break and they went very well :clap:. The first day of vaping this last weekend encompassed a single 0.050 gram bowl which was split into 3 sessions hours apart with one temp step. I kept strong f/x going for ~11 hours. The next two days I went with two more 0.050 gram bowls each day. That second vape day gave me another 11 hours of power :evil:. And the third day was a little indulgent with the second bowl, but nice and I got 7 hours of good vaping f/x.

Vaping strong sativas basically as well.... Strawberry Cough, Acapulco Gold, Vortex, Trainwreck, Sour Amnesia, recently finisheed some Lamb's Bread & Red Congolese. Blue Dream is a favorite for the last vape bowl of the weekend.

Hope all you microdoser folk are doing well! Cheers.

:peace: :leaf:

howie105

If one can get good repeatability in load size without a scale, they are good to go in my opinion. I can get consistent loads between .05 and .06 with a loading tool (but, verified via a scale) if I pay attention. For my small dose needs, that is close enough for daily use.

CANtalk

If one can get good repeatability in load size without a scale, they are good to go in my opinion. I can get consistent loads between .05 and .06 with a loading tool (but, verified via a scale) if I pay attention. For my small dose needs, that is close enough for daily use.
I've found through measurement that bowl size to weight isn't very reliable across different batches and strains, plus when picking from different parts of nugs (choosing more loose leaf and sugar leaf content versus colas). I've seen these things lead to double/half the amount/volume for the same weight, or even greater differences. I've been weighing every vape bowl for >2.5 years now, it's just part of my routine.

The type of grind matters as well. I do a medium coarse grind, which I've found can lead to more volume variability for any given weight. I prefer coarse ground cannabis if a vape can handle it well.

All these differences come into play more some vapers and less for others. I recommend all vapers pay attention to the details and see how variables may or may not affect their own methods, routines, cannabis use. We're all different. And for anyone interested in microdosing, as well as those who want to better understand/optimise their cannabis experience, determining and understanding the details of their own vaping and dosing methods/routines will be enlightening and useful. Cheers.

Last edited:
CANtalk,
Reactions: Jill NYC

howie105

I've found through measurement that bowl size to weight isn't very reliable across different batches and strains, plus when picking from different parts of nugs (choosing more loose leaf and sugar leaf content versus colas). I've seen these things lead to double/half the amount/volume for the same weight, or even greater differences. I've been weighing every vape bowl for >2.5 years now, it's just part of my routine.

The type of grind matters as well. I do a medium coarse grind, which I've found can lead to more volume variability for any given weight. I prefer coarse ground cannabis if a vape can handle it well.

All these differences come into play more some vapers and less for others. I recommend all vapers pay attention to the details and see how variables may or may not affect their own methods, routines, cannabis use. We're all different. And for anyone interested in microdosing, as well as those who want to better understand/optimise their cannabis experience, determining and understanding the details of their own vaping and dosing methods/routines will be enlightening and useful. Cheers.

I believe we may sort our bud and leaf differently, and that my weight estimate occurs at a point where grinding presents me with a more uniform mass to base an estimate on.

howie105,

CANtalk

I believe we may sort our bud and leaf differently, and that my weight estimate occurs at a point where grinding presents me with a more uniform mass to base an estimate on.
Makes sense. And because different people do things differently, I think microdose users should get a scale to weigh their cannabis dose and get a feel for how their method and routine impacts the dose amount.

FWIW, I only grind when I'm close vaping and it's a piece of already weighed nug. I like to keep my cannabis fresh (moisture packet mason jar stored) and I minimize the handling and time it's out of storage before vaping. Other vapers will do things differently 👍.

Thx for sharing and it's always interesting to hear from fellow vapers on their methods and routines.

CANtalk,

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
I don't really weigh my doses anymore, I just weigh out a day's or a sessions worth and judge it from there.

I'm dosing 0.025 to 0.03g in a dynavap omni which I usually use one hit extraction style with a Simrell FMJ and a water pipe.

I did recently buy a Mad Heaters Reload which had a tamping tool on it... That led to me putting more in the chamber and blowing my tolerance.

Just having a quick two day t-break, think and hope that should be enough to bring me back to baseline.

Using around 0.25g per day at the moment, such an amazing feeling to have a quarter ounce last 4 weeks now when I could do that in 5 days when I was smoking. Still feeling quite smug about it in all honesty... Just reached day 103 of quitting tobacco and joints.

Oil420FL

I bought four scales and kept the most accurate (link below). Despite the low price, it was more consistent when placing item in different places on the platform. Comes with a calibration weight. I even use the little plastic jewelry tray and my S&B brush to sweep up afterwards. After a year of use it’s still spot on with the calibration weight at 20.000

CANtalk

The microdosing is killing here and I'm haf on this Saturday night long weekend :science::evil::clap:. One 0.050 gram bowl on the last few Friday nights lasted for 10+ hrs of power. Saturday is one more bowl, or two if I get indulgent. Very big highs. Another strong sativa in Trainwreck in the vape now.

Have a great long weekend

Last edited:

CANtalk

How's the microdosing going with everyone?

It's still going well here. Funny anecdote from last Friday, my first vape draw had little-to-no visible vapor. I did get strong flavors so I knew all was good and figured it was probably from the bowl having less cola and more sugarleaf content. So I kept the same routine going with no further draws in the first session. ~2 hrs later I did the second draw and it had huuuge vapor ✨. Turns out I vaporized a lot of the moisture out on the first session (I mason jar store with a moisture pack) and then the goodies really came out in the second session/draw. I was big time vaped :smug:.

Last night, with the way the weekend was shaping up here, I decided to vape a little extra with a second bowl and 0.025 grams more (0.050 grams was first). It was good but I ended up having one of the worst sleeps I've had in a long time. Back to only one bowl next Friday :rolleyes::lol:..

Today, after a ~17 mile MTB ride I vaping a 0.050 gram bowl slowly. Strong sativa again. Feeling great after the first session :rockon:.

Have a nice weekend.

Last edited:

CANtalk

It's great to hear success stories like yours @Dabberhashery! Sounds awesome! I'm still surprised how well microdosing works too. And I've found that slowly continuing to ratchet down the doses can further increase the strength of the high. Amazing.

My microdosing routine is fairly settled in at this time and it's going well, with big f/x.

After my weekly break, yesterday (Friday) I put 0.050 grams into the vape, did a single 10 second draw at low temps (~320 F) and exhaled a big cloud :nod:. 15 minutes later I realized I was very very high, and got close to woozy:freak:. I rode that out nicely and about 2.5 hrs later, I did the second and third draws to finish vaporizing at the low temp setting (~10-12 second draws). The second draw still produced visible vapor ;). Another 2.5 hrs later, I did another two 8 second draws to finish vaporizing the bowl at ~380 F, and got some visible vapor there too. That was it for me yesterday. I was flying quite well for ~11 hrs, went to bed early, and had a better sleep (than last weekend :rolleyes:) though it still wasn't that great.

I'm still really surprised how impressive, strong and long the f/x are from slowly vaporizing a single 0.050 gram bowl of quality cannabis after a break. I did use my #1 fave strain and quality batch, Strawberry Cough, which helps.

Today I plan on one or two more 0.050 gram bowls. And tomorrow, one or two more 0.050 gram bowls again. I hope Sat or Sun to knock my intake down to one bowl again. That would give me a total intake of 0.200 grams for Fri-Sun, and be my weekly total too since I don't vape during the week. The last few weeks I've been vaping 0.250 grams total.

How's the microdosing crowd doing? Have a great weekend.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
It's great to hear success stories like yours @Dabberhashery! Sounds awesome! I'm still surprised how well microdosing works too. And I've found that slowly continuing to ratchet down the doses can further increase the strength of the high. Amazing.

My microdosing routine is fairly settled in at this time and it's going well, with big f/x.

After my weekly break, yesterday (Friday) I put 0.050 grams into the vape, did a single 10 second draw at low temps (~320 F) and exhaled a big cloud :nod:. 15 minutes later I realized I was very very high, and got close to woozy:freak:. I rode that out nicely and about 2.5 hrs later, I did the second and third draws to finish vaporizing at the low temp setting (~10-12 second draws). The second draw still produced visible vapor ;). Another 2.5 hrs later, I did another two 8 second draws to finish vaporizing the bowl at ~380 F, and got some visible vapor there too. That was it for me yesterday. I was flying quite well for ~11 hrs, went to bed early, and had a better sleep (than last weekend :rolleyes:) though it still wasn't that great.

I'm still really surprised how impressive, strong and long the f/x are from slowly vaporizing a single 0.050 gram bowl of quality cannabis after a break. I did use my #1 fave strain and quality batch, Strawberry Cough, which helps.

Today I plan on one or two more 0.050 gram bowls. And tomorrow, one or two more 0.050 gram bowls again. I hope Sat or Sun to knock my intake down to one bowl again. That would give me a total intake of 0.200 grams for Fri-Sun, and be my weekly total too since I don't vape during the week. The last few weeks I've been vaping 0.250 grams total.

How's the microdosing crowd doing? Have a great weekend.

I love hearing about your success with microdosing!

I need to reset my tolerance one of these days (I am at around .19g a day, but I love rotating different vapes and some require I pack more to use, and of course I am not one to waste my weed, so always end up doing more than necessary!)

Anyhow, my question ( you have probably already mentioned many times but my brain is a little foggy from testing new vape this weekend:D) what vape(s) do you use when microdosing?

CANtalk

I love hearing about your success with microdosing!

I need to reset my tolerance one of these days (I am at around .19g a day, but I love rotating different vapes and some require I pack more to use, and of course I am not one to waste my weed, so always end up doing more than necessary!)

Anyhow, my question ( you have probably already mentioned many times but my brain is a little foggy from testing new vape this weekend:D) what vape(s) do you use when microdosing?
Thx! I like to hear from others. I keep it simple with a desktop (VapeXhale EVO) and an ultraportable (Crafty). I only use the ultraportable when I'm not home and vaping... did that only a few time this year so far. Cheers.

Top Bottom