Micro-dosing

stressed

these days, i only micro vape if i'm going somewhere. when i'm home, i go through a couple grams a day. i should probably dry out a bit as i really love a nice high from one bowl. but like good chips, i can't eat just one.

stressed

these days, i only micro vape if i'm going somewhere. when i'm home, i go through a couple grams a day. i should probably dry out a bit as i really love a nice high from one bowl. but like good chips, i can't eat just one.
while wandering down memory road with this thread, i've decided that i'm going to do some micro dosing on a regular basis.

the oddest and most cruel of problems has happened to me. after decades of using, selling and growing weed, about a year ago i took an over the counter med called zertec for a few days and then one day, from the time it took to make a sandwich, i couldn't stand up without holding on to something. in the next few days, i fell a few times from dizzyness but only after i got high. took me 4 or 5 days to figure out what had changed in my life and zertec was it. i'm kind of used to it now and getting high only makes me a little dizzy and i'm used to it, getting stoned still makes me dangerously dizzy. i'm not talking a little dizzy, i'm talking - don't turn your head too fast or you will start to fall in that direction dizzy. i bought a very cool cane for when i get stoned and use it just in case. if i bend over to pick something up I continue going forward until i'm on the floor. dogs find it amusing.

anyway, i love weed, i have since the second time i smoked it. this is a cruel joke on me but i thank god that i can still get stoned, i just better be at home and not moving around. everytime i think things might be back to normal, i'm clinging to the counter again.

:)

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
while wandering down memory road with this thread, i've decided that i'm going to do some micro dosing on a regular basis.

the oddest and most cruel of problems has happened to me. after decades of using, selling and growing weed, about a year ago i took an over the counter med called zertec for a few days and then one day, from the time it took to make a sandwich, i couldn't stand up without holding on to something. in the next few days, i fell a few times from dizzyness but only after i got high. took me 4 or 5 days to figure out what had changed in my life and zertec was it. i'm kind of used to it now and getting high only makes me a little dizzy and i'm used to it, getting stoned still makes me dangerously dizzy. i'm not talking a little dizzy, i'm talking - don't turn your head too fast or you will start to fall in that direction dizzy. i bought a very cool cane for when i get stoned and use it just in case. if i bend over to pick something up I continue going forward until i'm on the floor. dogs find it amusing.

anyway, i love weed, i have since the second time i smoked it. this is a cruel joke on me but i thank god that i can still get stoned, i just better be at home and not moving around. everytime i think things might be back to normal, i'm clinging to the counter again.

:)
There are a couple of other effective second generation antihistamines that are less likely to cause drowsiness and/or dizziness: Allegra and Claratin and their generic versions. If I were you, I'd give 'em a try. Please consider talking to your doctor. Most doctors, at least where I live surrounded by legal states, want to help, not judge your cannabis use. Please be careful and take care of yourself.

CANtalk

How does the microdosing journey go? Hope all is well & keep sharing.

I'm still chugging along here, vaping 50 mg in a bowl & 4-5 bowls in a weekend, followed by a workweek break. And doing some variation of this for years. I dry vape as it gives me the best experiences & much easier cleaning. And I temp step too, luv the cerebral & entourage f/x from low temp vaping. My tolerance is very low & I get very high vaping (which I often show in vaping appreciation posts on FC :tup:). Over the Christmas - New Years holidays, I vaped more often but it didn't affect my tolerance very much, in fact I greened out a number of times :razz:.

I recently visited MX & enjoyed some of their amazing sativa cannabis. I combusted since vapes are complicated in MX. Picked up 2-3 grams, probably lost half a gram realizing I can't roll worth shit :rolleyes:, switched to pre-rolls & never looked back. I combust microdosed & it was so awesome :luv:. Light it up, take a few puffs & that's it, hold on :freak:. Very potent :science::science: & uplifting. Super sticky nugs. Lasted about two weeks with some sharing.

I came home into a weekend & vaped a few days more, went well but didn't hit as hard as normal. Not unexpected since I had thrown out weekly breaks over that MX visit. Now after the first workweek break since visiting MX, the first bowl of 50 mg of my #1 favorite strain atm, Super Lemon Haze, brought me to my knees :science::science::bowdown:. Very potent, even got some visual disturbances from near wooziness. The first draw at 320 F lasted me 3 hrs, the second 320 F draw still produced a cloud & lasted me 2.5 hrs more & then I finished the bowl with two shorter medium temp (395 F) draws. One bowl was all I needed for >7 hrs of power after break already. I'm stoked that my tolerance remained quite low & further adjusted with even a 5 day break. Success with long term microdosing
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

My vaping routine is pretty regimented. I account for dose (amount), temp, draw time & hold time. It all combines with a premium desktop vape to give excellent extraction, while also temp stepping. Over the years, I've done single variable testing of all aspects of vaping to get dialed into current activities, so to speak.

Still vaping exclusively sativas, this weekend Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison, Ghost Train Haze, Maui Wowie & (expected) Strawberry Cough :luv:. My favorite strains & I've shared pictures of these great batches I've received on FC in the sativa & what's in your vape right now threads :clap:

Enjoy the microdosing journey & have a great Sunday

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Radwin Bodnic

Super Lemon Haze, brought me to my knees :science::science::bowdown:. Very potent, even got some visual disturbances from near wooziness.
I can attest that from all the strains I have tasted, Super Lemon Haze was the most visually disturbed experience ever.
I never had straight hallucinations but a slight twist in perception that, for a moment, convince your mind that you're looking at the sea where it was a windy wheat field a moment earlier.
It was a warm night of summer in the 00's, south of France, a musician friend was back from Amsterdam and microdosing wasn't a thing back then...
Quite hard to explain but unforgettable memories. Thanks for bringing them back to me @CANtalk 🙏🏻

And sorry for the OT

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I guess I wonder what "microdosing" is exactly....? I mean, if you do the same amount time and time again for years, isn't that really just dosing at that point? And when you break from your regimen with a smaller amount, that's when it becomes a "microdose"...? :hmm::shrug:

Bologna,
Reactions: Okla68
We can vote for an internal defintion here. Like everything under 0.1g is a microdose. Just for sake of the argument.
Thats a good point.... Done a little research, and in the MMJ community, seems to be not fixed per se.
Where I am, we don't have medical.

Generally speaking, looks like less than 30mg/pd THC in one school of thought, or .15 g's of 20%, assuming 100% extraction.
100% extraction, which is unrealistic in vaping.
Medical Dosing 30mgs - 50mgs seems to be a starting point. (I have little or no confidence in the accuracy of these values)

My personal opinion.... less than 20mgs or .1g's of 20% p/d, I consider microdosing.
Feedback is welcome.... :science:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
The problem is that it's relatively hard to dose thc directly from plant material, especially vaping. WAAAAAAY too many variables to effectively determine exactly how much thc is reaching your blood/brain and endocannabinoid system. We aint poppin pillz.

See, it's also just as easy to say, or flex, that someone who meets their needs with say .1 gm is nothing more than a lightweight.

and .1 gram of WHAT exactly...? and tested by WHOM? Nah. A "dose" administered this way is very personal and can't effectively be dosed for all, imo

To me a dose is what gets you where you need to be by being administered only once, whatever the amount. And a microdose would be much smaller and overall less effective as a one shot deal, so therefor needs to be administered in intervals to maintain only the minimum effects needed...?

Last edited:

CANtalk

All quiet on the microdosing front here, how's everyone? It's still going well with me. After my MX trip & cannabis, it didn't take long at all to get back to my baseline vaping routine with great f/x 👍.

I'm doing one 0.050 g bowl on Friday after a weekly break & it hits like a freight train :science::science: . This one small lbowl brings 8-10 hrs of power :freak: :evil:. Saturday is another similar bowl or two over the day & evening (in the last three weeks I've decreased any second bowls to 0.030 grams or so). On Sunday, the goal is another similar 0.050 bowl, though I still add a second bowl a fair amount of time (again, if so lately I'm doing a smaller amount like Saturday). That puts me in the range of vaping ~0.2 grams cannabis a week, ~10.5 grams cannabis a year :clap:. Taking workweek cannabis breaks keeps tolerance extremely low & I get super high from this vaping routine :luv:.

I've been meaning to mention one of the things I love most from microdosing how much nuance in f/x becomes apparent. Different strains definitely bring different f/x & quality batches help :brow:. Different vaping temps bring different f/x too :).

:peace: :leaf:

Top Bottom