Manual Vape Thread

budski

cantre member

Saturday night manual mode!
Vessel Helix, Helix Tip, Perf. Cap
Simrell MVS, Helix Tip, Simrell Perf Cap
Vaponic with Metal for a the Wand
Olive Lotus
dig the induction friendly glass vape, I like to use a wand cup like a glass IH friendly FMJ, that's why I made the hickory pipe
53891374668_ee66410cdb_c.jpg

coolbreeze

Here's a one-of-kind-tool for those of us with old-school bong collections, the Vapo Bowl. Invented to turn threaded metal bowls of yore into vaporizers, they've added a glass bowl to keep it current. It's not really unique, there have been others sharing this screen-diffused design including one whose name escapes me the Vaporstar, with a gorgeous wooden WPA/chillum, but this is the one that survives.
IMG-9086.jpg

It actually works pretty darn well. :science::tup::smug:

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Here's some fun, Doug's Cosmo. Typically well-built with a nice pokerizer and stand, the Cosmo is wide-open and requires a little more care than most bricks but the recommended fanning-style heating does work very well. Mine is made from Osage Orange and reminds me of home.
IMG-0034.jpg

coolbreeze

Good Vibes Boro's Submarine is awesome. This v1 has a set of 3 10mm intakes, one with dimples, one with balls, and one straight through. It's like a glass Dreamwood DLX One or Lamart Piro and uses an 18mm male joint and basket screen for its bowl. The newer Submarine has a 14mm modular intake so it can be heated with a P3 ZX, Couchlog, Omega, or torch. They don't show up often in the store but definitely worthwhile if you can get one!
IMG-0166.jpg

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Of the many brick-style devices we've discussed here, I don't remember seeing a Noisy Cricket from O'Connell Woodworks.
I got mine here, second hand (they're either sold out or discontinued by the look of the website) but I loved mine so much it eventually replaced both my Hydromaxx and Flipbrick (which I gave away on here, too).
The straight air path makes traditional hash a much easier to clean up than a standard brick, and although I rarely attempt much more than .75 at a go, the bowl is pretty huge. I also reckon the finish on this is even lovelier than both of my SBs. If you can find one at a price you can afford, give it some serious consideration.

coolbreeze

@RogueGuy's come up with a new conduction/convection glass vape, as yet unnamed, that's "in the middle between the Quartz Cap Mini and the 14mm Quartz Cap." I've only played with it little, but I'm really digging it. Because of the size you can quickly heat it (~20 seconds) with a Firefox-sized torch (and maybe a pocket torch even) and the results are typically thick and flavorful vapor. The bowl is big for a tiny vape, something like 2/3 the size of a Terpsicle bowl. It's almost like the quartz caps for Dynavaps but scaled slightly larger with a much larger, more free-flowing bowl. It's a really nice vape!
IMG-0245.jpg

Perfect_Speed4069

The Vapocane is the runt of the Vaponic litter, but it works a treat either as a weird brick or like an extremely pointy elev8r (ie you inhale whilst heating the end and listening to a high pitched whistle, or heat the upper stem til it glows, and then you inhale)
It's such a pity that cheap vapes like this - I think mine cost ~£25 - get passed over in favour of relatively expensive battery powered devices.

coolbreeze

The Vapocane is the runt of the Vaponic litter, but it works a treat either as a weird brick or like an extremely pointy elev8r (ie you inhale whilst heating the end and listening to a high pitched whistle, or heat the upper stem til it glows, and then you inhale)
It's such a pity that cheap vapes like this - I think mine cost ~£25 - get passed over in favour of relatively expensive battery powered devices.
I've been too timid to blast it hard enough to get it to work elev8r-style, but it's a great "weird brick"! The heater will fit your 14mm injector bowls too.

IMG-20240817-121010.jpg
Exactly, my brother. I made one for around 2-3 bucks, vapes are as ball vape style - a Pinky's cup full of flower in one hit, but people still would get Tiny Might, still have to charge it, the repairability I won't even mention. Can't even change skins on your Volcano, can you?
I would like to hear everyone's perspective on this one. To me, I needed a straight to the point cannabis abuse machine that I won't worry about if it will work tomorrow or not, no plastic of batteries (I'm probably some kind of hippie) everything I heat stays stable, easy to reload. Controlled by your intuition+experience, that's more sustainable, isn't it?

Perfect_Speed4069

I would like to hear everyone's perspective on this one.
When I started vaping, I had no idea what I was doing. I knew no-one who vaped, and hadn't found FC or Reddit.

After 2 terrible electronic devices, then a Pax and a Rogue (in 4 months) I realised that all this plastic and electronics was going to landfill.

Then, when I found TRWWs nameless conduction device I discovered a totally different style of consumption: better, cheaper, simpler, with significantly less toxic waste, that also improved with technique/practice.

Like rolling a decent j.

When I started vaping, I had no idea what I was doing. I knew no-one who vaped, and hadn't found FC or Reddit.

After 2 terrible electronic devices, then a Pax and a Rogue (in 4 months) I realised that all this plastic and electronics was going to landfill.

Then, when I found TRWWs nameless conduction device I discovered a totally different style of consumption: better, cheaper, simpler, with significantly less toxic waste, that also improved with technique/practice.

Like rolling a decent j.
I was getting mixed feedbacks for my device. While I can bake over 0.5g in one inhale to a dark brown color (I am a cougher that enjoys greening out and not cough too much) I also can set up the size of that chamber with moving the screen up or down - yet people say it should be forbidden by the Geneva convention (over half a gram chamber freaks people out). Some even fail to understand how is it a vape if it looks like a bong/bubbler, even with no sparks whatsoever. I'm excited to introduce it to people, but the reaction as if I didn't just do a ball vape performance in a portable device that you don't need to charge and can change skins. I also live in a country where people steal gadgets, yet people would still buy a mighty or something and not something that doesn't look like a thing to steal.

Like rolling a decent j.
I didn't know there were manual vapes other than Dinovap until three months after I made one, but I checked those glass ones you were talking about - they are dope, but I messed up my tolerance having this helluva abuse machine, so really doubt those would do something to me

Perfect_Speed4069

I can bake over 0.5g in one inhale to a dark brown color... but I messed up my tolerance
That's the single largest drawback of these glass manuals (TRWWs QC, Eighteen MM Killer, Dreamwood Goblin): without significant self discipline, my tolerance rises like a dirigible. I generally try not to exceed ~0.2g a day (I used about x3 that amount in electronics devices) and don't really like my roast much darker than I take my tea (with milk).

That's the single largest drawback of these glass manuals (TRWWs QC, Eighteen MM Killer, Dreamwood Goblin): without significant self discipline, my tolerance rises like a dirigible. I generally try not to exceed ~0.2g a day (I used about x3 that amount in electronics devices) and don't really like my roast much darker than I take my tea (with milk).
Thank you very much. I did make mine for the sake of cannabis abuse, not going to lie here. However, I do enjoy my month long t-breaks with no withdrawal whatsoever, because of all the cardio. Absolutely can't vape just a little bit. So, the point is - I need to build a smaller device, right?

Zenith Vaporizer,

Perfect_Speed4069

So, the point is - I need to build a smaller device, right?
You do you. If you're where you want to be, present at the times that matter, beaming at the moon at the other times -it's all good. Finding a balance is the most important bit and the actual amount we use is usually based on cost/availability/circumstance and ultimately personal preference. If you're building for others maybe take this into account. Or don't. Like I say, you do you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom