Manual Vape Thread

coolbreeze

Wake and shake and bake!
IMG-8544.jpg

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Thank you for sharing your photos ! Can you please tell us how this vape works and what its name is ?
Yes, it's the Eagle Bill Shake and Vape. It's the OG portable vape as far as I know (it's a purpose-made lightbulb vape). You tip it so the herbs fall to the rounded wall and then you heat the flat bottom (using an intuitive, second-counting method, usually). When you tip it back to the horizontal, the heated bottom will start baking the herbs and as the vapor rises you sip it off through the tube while you shake the herbs around to keep them vaping evenly and from burning. It takes a little playing but it's super simple and fun.

Last edited:

olysh pops

Yes, it's the Eagle Bill Shake and Vape. It's the OG portable vape as far as I know (it's a purpose-made lightbulb vape). You tip it so the herbs fall to the rounded wall and then you heat the flat bottom (using an intuitive, second-counting method, usually). When you tip it back to the horizontal, the heated bottom will start baking the herbs and as the vapor rises you sip it off through the tube while you shake the herbs around to keep them vaping evenly and from burning. It takes a little playing but it's super simple and fun.
It's interesting and original, thanks for the discovery, have fun ! :)

olysh pops,
  • Love
Reactions: coolbreeze

gmocooties

Edit: Too hot outside, guess I'll have to play inside today.
IMG-8412.jpg
Not the main subject of your pic, but I do get a little envious every time I see that Element table vape (the Wunderlampe?) of yours. She must be a treat to use. Do you know if they're still being manuafactured in any capacity? Would love to have one on my desk one day.

And how are you finding the Convector XL? I've been loving mine, the bowl on that thing is enormous compared to the OG lol. What is your method for heating it? I don't have an inductor (as of yet!) so I've been using the Wand mostly with the odd torch heat-up. I find the Wand doesn't cook my weed as evenly as I'd like. There's always a dark ring around the bowl at the end of a session, and the vapour can get a bit rough.

coolbreeze

Not the main subject of your pic, but I do get a little envious every time I see that Element table vape (the Wunderlampe?) of yours. She must be a treat to use. Do you know if they're still being manuafactured in any capacity? Would love to have one on my desk one day.
It's awesome. : ) It seemed like a number of people were able to purchase them over the past year or two. I think Rene builds them out as or if he can.
And how are you finding the Convector XL? I've been loving mine, the bowl on that thing is enormous compared to the OG lol. What is your method for heating it? I don't have an inductor (as of yet!) so I've been using the Wand mostly with the odd torch heat-up. I find the Wand doesn't cook my weed as evenly as I'd like. There's always a dark ring around the bowl at the end of a session, and the vapour can get a bit rough.
Ah! I have not tried the wand. Good info. I occasionally torch it but I haven't really got a great method yet. I should probably work it out with the Firefox. I think it's my favorite vape with the Inductor it's so easy and effective. And you're right about that bowl! I think the difference in part is just it's probably not as efficient to radiate the heat through all the herbs as with the wand, where the Inductor can heat the entire top evenly and you just pull that heat thru, as much as you want.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: friedrich

gmocooties

! I have not tried the wand. Good info. I occasionally torch it but I haven't really got a great method yet. I should probably work it out with the Firefox. I think it's my favorite vape with the Inductor it's so easy and effective. And you're right about that bowl! I think the difference in part is just it's probably not as efficient to radiate the heat through all the herbs as with the wand, where the Inductor can heat the entire top evenly and you just pull that heat thru, as much as you want.
Definitely sounds like it's far better tuned for the Inductor, which makes sense given its ability to the heat the tip from the top.

What you're saying raises a good point about the Wand I hadn't really considered - because the XL's bowl is wider and 'shallower', the conductive heat from the sides (inevitable when using a traditional induction heater) is only cooking the edges of the weed and little else. This didn't happen with the original Convector as the bowl was smaller and narrower.

Regardless, the real intention is to heat the thermal mass (matrix?) on top of the bowl, so you can pull heat through like you said. The Wand's method of heating is kind of antithetical to this - the added conduction you get from the Wand is the opposite of what you want with this vape... Otherwise they'd have named it the Conductor 😂

Guess I'll just stick to the torch!

Top Bottom