• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Magma and Obsidian Volcano Bubblers

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Hey there Mako,

Were you trying to get a hold of us? We haven't received any emails or calls regarding O-ring questions, and this is the first we've seen your questions. Sorry for the delay!

All of our bubblers come with all the necessary O-rings. Once you find the right size, you can order 3-packs of that particular size from our website. No need to order anything additional, Obsidian comes with everything you need to make your Volcano active ;)

Magma_Industries,

Mako Kupo

Hey there Mako,

Were you trying to get a hold of us? We haven't received any emails or calls regarding O-ring questions, and this is the first we've seen your questions. Sorry for the delay!

All of our bubblers come with all the necessary O-rings. Once you find the right size, you can order 3-packs of that particular size from our website. No need to order anything additional, Obsidian comes with everything you need to make your Volcano active ;)
Thank you! Oh no no, I didn't want to waste an actual companies time when right now things are so crazy to begin with. I figured I'd ask on here and a couple other sites, but nobody got back to me! The reason I want to order them WITH the bubbler itself is to save on shipping costs, I don;t want to have to pay to ship like 9 dollars worth of stuff when I can do it all at once. I have a Volcano Hyrid with easy valve and I will order the obsidian. Is that enough info to figure which I'd need?

Edit a few hours later:I think I foun it, smallr ings are what I need but it also only costs $1.00 to ship O rings from you guys so its not bad at all. Thanks, ordering tonight/now.

Last edited:
Mako Kupo,

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
On the contrary, that's exactly why we're here :) It's only a dollar for the shipping, and they actually ship separate from the bubblers themselves (it's a long story, but it's how we've been operating for some years now and, well, change is difficult here haha). Honestly though, you most likely won't need any extras. I've had the same O-ring that I started with originally 2.5-3 years ago...

Always feel free to shoot us an email with any questions/comments/concerns, we usually respond within the hour, and within minutes if we happen to be at our computer (which is pretty often).

Cheers!

Magma_Industries,

Mako Kupo

On the contrary, that's exactly why we're here :) It's only a dollar for the shipping, and they actually ship separate from the bubblers themselves (it's a long story, but it's how we've been operating for some years now and, well, change is difficult here haha). Honestly though, you most likely won't need any extras. I've had the same O-ring that I started with originally 2.5-3 years ago...

Always feel free to shoot us an email with any questions/comments/concerns, we usually respond within the hour, and within minutes if we happen to be at our computer (which is pretty often).

Cheers!
Thanks, I ordered an obsidian a little while ago. Looking forward to it!

idboehman

The Obsidian being available on Amazon has come in super handy! I had some leftover cash on an gift card from work and was wondering what to use it on, well now I know!

davesmith

Glass Blower
@Magma_Industries thanks so much for the detailed response. I really like the product and have just got a volcano again (ive owned aboit 3 over the years). I got one am happy to support western manufacture and would hope most people would feel the same. The continual outsourcing of manufacture to china is a terrible long term economic plan for any country (yours and mine are the main culprits). A consumer based economy is fragile when manufacture and production is lost so good on you and I hope to try your stuff soon big up

conanOrien

I'm a new owner of the Magma Industries Obsidian. I got it right after 4/20 - it was on a pretty good sale!

I think it's a no brainer if you want to upgrade the Volcano Hybrid. It makes the vapor much more palatable.

I understand the fuss about whip compatibility... It's pretty shit right out of the gate with the Obsidian at least.

I found a winning setup after messing about with the original blue o-ring from the easy valve and a spare o-ring that came with the Obsidian. I used the largest of the three. It's much more stable!

After adding the o-rings, I find the whip experience to be favorable to even using the bags. I can sip the vapor for so long that I trigger the auto shutoff... d'oh.

I would definitely not break this thing out for a huge party, but for even a group of 3 or 4 I think this would work.

Here's a video showing exactly what I mean about the o-rings. I tried to simulate some abuse by dropping the hose a few times and tugging it around. Try it out!

Last edited:

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
I'm a new owner of the Magma Industries Obsidian. I got it right after 4/20 - it was on a pretty good sale!

I think it's a no brainer if you want to upgrade the Volcano Hybrid. It makes the vapor much more palatable.

I understand the fuss about whip compatibility... It's pretty shit right out of the gate with the Obsidian at least.

I found a winning setup after messing about with the original blue o-ring from the easy valve and a spare o-ring that came with the Obsidian. I used the largest of the three. It's much more stable!

After adding the o-rings, I find the whip experience to be favorable to even using the bags. I can sip the vapor for so long that I trigger the auto shutoff... d'oh.

I would definitely not break this thing out for a huge party, but for even a group of 3 or 4 I think this would work.

Here's a video showing exactly what I mean about the o-rings. I tried to simulate some abuse by dropping the hose a few times and tugging it around. Try it out!

Cheers! Thanks for the review!

Magma_Industries,

idboehman

Got my Obsidian in the mail the other day and gonna give it a test today! One thing that was odd though that I haven't seen mentioned around, I received a 10 mL disposable oral syringe inside the box w/ the Obsidian? What's this for? Or was it accidentally included somehow? Is it for filling the Obsidian with water?

ETA: ah, I watched the volcanotips.com review of both and they mentioned they're used to fill the Magma/Obsidian with water.

Last edited:

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Got my Obsidian in the mail the other day and gonna give it a test today! One thing that was odd though that I haven't seen mentioned around, I received a 10 mL disposable oral syringe inside the box w/ the Obsidian? What's this for? Or was it accidentally included somehow? Is it for filling the Obsidian with water?

ETA: ah, I watched the volcanotips.com review of both and they mentioned they're used to fill the Magma/Obsidian with water.
Hey there! Some people complained about having trouble filling the units, so we included the syringe to help those that might want it. Cheers!

Magma_Industries,
Reactions: conanOrien

Kins

Hi there everyone. I'm a bit new to vaping as I've only tried it a few times. I have a Arizer EQ but plan on purchasing the Volcan Hybrid soon. With the EQ it's already comes with the ability to attach and water pipe using either a bag or the whip. With the volcano it seems you have to purchase extra accessories just to use and it's only designed to be used with the bag.

I want an attachment for the Volcano where I can do the same thing, attach any water pipe you want!. Don't want to have to purchase another glass piece when I could just one I already own.......

Also let me ask @Magma_Industries if someone accidentally gets water in the Volcano because of your product, would you replace their Vaporizer?. Putting water on top of an electronic device does sound like something only an idiot would do....Supposedly there is only a small chance of this happening, but there shouldn't be any chance in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

idboehman

Sounds like the Magma/Obsidian isn't the product for you then.

The only way I could see MI replacing a customer's volcano is if a malfunctioning device that made it past QC caused the issue. Why would they cover accidental damage to a product they don't make that occurred due to user error?

I want an attachment for the Volcano where I can do the same thing, attach any water pipe you want!. Don't want to have to purchase another glass piece when I could just one I already own.......

Volcano easy valve mouth pieces are tapered and fit into 14mm joints, so if your glass pieces have 14mm downstems you can use bags with them natively.

The volcano hybrid's whip mouthpiece detaches from the whip so you could add any whip-to-bong adapter to the end. Many places sell such adapters made of various materials like glass, wood, plastic, etc.

For example, Delta 3D Studios makes a "Nearly Universal Water Pipe Adapter" in a few different sizes. This size:

https://delta3dstudios.com/nearly-universal-vape-to-waterpipe-adapter-large/

will fit both solid and easy valve mouthpieces (if your glass pieces aren't 14mm) as well as the volcano hybrid's whip tubing.

If you buy a WPA in this sort of style (meant for connecting to whips)

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-h6i...r_glass__56362.1550532290.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

You can use easy valve bags w/o the mouthpiece directly attached to the whip-side of the adapter.

So you have plenty of options if you would like to use your own glass w/ a Volcano.

Last edited:

Kins

The only way I could see MI replacing a customer's volcano is if a malfunctioning device that made it past QC caused the issue. Why would they cover accidental damage to a product they don't make that occurred due to user error?

Volcano easy valve mouth pieces are tapered and fit into 14mm joints, so if your glass pieces have 14mm downstems you can use bags with them natively.

The volcano hybrid's whip mouthpiece detaches from the whip so you could add any whip-to-bong adapter to the end. Many places sell such adapters made of various materials like glass, wood, plastic, etc.

For example, Delta 3D Studios makes a "Nearly Universal Water Pipe Adapter" in a few different sizes. This size:

will fit both solid and easy valve mouthpieces (if your glass pieces aren't 14mm) as well as the volcano hybrid's whip tubing.

Thanks so much. I'm pretty new to vaping so there is a lot I still don't know or understand yet because I don't have the vaping use or experience most other guys on here do. That's the main reason I joined up.

Sorry again for the newb questions. So I could use that adapter that you linked @idboehman to attach to the end of the whip, just pull the regular mouthpiece off and push the adapter on to the whip, and other end attaches to the downstem of my bong?. Is that correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

idboehman

Yeah, it'd look something like this:

Screen-Shot-2020-05-06-at-12-46-53-PM.png

Last edited:

idboehman

Sure thing! I'll also say that using a Magma/Obsidian to humidify the vapor as it's produced vs using a water pipe to humidify it as it's inhaled is a different experience. Fwiw I have a Volcano Classic so no exp. w/ the whip but I have used a Da Buddha (whip vape) through a bong so might be able to speak to that there.

With a bong + adapter it's nice, cooler and more humid than directly drawing from the bag, a solid improvement. Downside is you're tethered to carrying the bong around with you if you're going to move around.

With the Magma/Obsidian and drawing directly from the bag it's frankly kind of amazing. It doesn't feel like inhaling vapor at all, it's incredibly smooth.

I imagine using the Magma/Obsidian w/ a volcano hybrid whip would be a very nice experience. I did enjoy milking hits w/ my Da Buddha + bong but it was a bit cumbersome to pass around and I think the vapor from the Obsidian + whip would be a bit nicer to inhale since it'll be denser at least, not having to mix w/ all the air inside the bong.

Downside of the Obsidian I've found:

* the base can get extremely hot towards the end of a session when you're on the higher heat settings which is something to be aware of when removing the herb chamber+obsidian from the volcano.

* my bag got quite humid and took a few hours of sitting on top of the herb chamber for it to clear up -- I haven't tried successive chambers after finishing the first but part of me would want to rotate to a second bag while the first one dried out.

idboehman,

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Hi there everyone. I'm a bit new to vaping as I've only tried it a few times. I have a Arizer EQ but plan on purchasing the Volcan Hybrid soon. With the EQ it's already comes with the ability to attach and water pipe using either a bag or the whip. With the volcano it seems you have to purchase extra accessories just to use and it's only designed to be used with the bag.

Also let me ask @Magma_Industries if someone accidentally gets water in the Volcano because of your product, would you replace their Vaporizer?. Putting water on top of an electronic device does sound like something only an idiot would do....Supposedly there is only a small chance of this happening, but there shouldn't be any chance in my opinion.

The easiest way to attach to a regular water piece that you already have is with a silicone tubing going from the Easy/Hybring Valve and into a male 14mm joint on your water pipe of choice. You can also do this with the bags by holding them against the downstem. We refer to this as Bag-to-Bong, or B2B, and is what we did exclusively before coming out with our bubblers. It definitely works, but you only get a fraction of the cooling and barely any humidity increase, which is what we really provide over B2B methods. Instructions for use are very clear, and particularly with the Obsidian it has a water catch in case there is flow reversal which contains to water to the unit. Plus, our devices use such small amount of water that you could pour it out into your Herbal chamber from the top and it will stay suspended on the steel mesh without going through. The worst that happens is you wet your Herbs, which is a bit inconvenient, but it will dry out without issue when the heat is on. We've never had an issue or complaint about water in the Volcano, so I mean I guess there could be a chance, but it's misusing the product and going against the precautions listed directly on the box.

If you buy a WPA in this sort of style (meant for connecting to whips)

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-h6i...r_glass__56362.1550532290.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

You can use easy valve bags w/o the mouthpiece directly attached to the whip-side of the adapter.

So if you have plenty of options if you would like to use your own glass w/ a Volcano.
This is pretty spot on, on all accounts, but I don't think S&B have made statements regarding the 14mm compatibility, although via our trial and error we found it to work nicely. Please correct us if we're wrong!
Yeah, it'd look something like this:

Screen-Shot-2020-05-06-at-12-46-53-PM.png
This is what you want if you're going Bag to Bong.

Magma_Industries,

Kins

Thanks. I'm really getting a bit ahead of myself though because I have not even purchased the Volcano Hybrid yet, but plan to very soon. Hopefully at the end of this week. I did just order that adapter though, thanks again!

idboehman

This is pretty spot on, on all accounts, but I don't think S&B have made statements regarding the 14mm compatibility, although via our trial and error we found it to work nicely. Please correct us if we're wrong!

Yeah, I haven't seen them specifically state it anywhere but I had a bong near me while vaping a bag once and decided to test it out and it fits (mostly). Definitely agree though that cooling and humidity aren't even close to a Magma-filled bag. It's truly something you have to experience to get, it makes much more of a difference than I thought it would.

idboehman,

Kins

Yeah, I haven't seen them specifically state it anywhere but I had a bong near me while vaping a bag once and decided to test it out and it fits (mostly). Definitely agree though that cooling and humidity aren't even close to a Magma-filled bag. It's truly something you have to experience to get, it makes much more of a difference than I thought it would.

Dang, now that you and magma have described things better now I want the Obsidian also. I'm pretty convinced now. I love options and different ways I can do things.

Kins,

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Dang, now that you and magma have described things better now I want the Obsidian also. I'm pretty convinced now. I love options and different ways I can do things.
My Obsidian hasn't left my Volcano since I put it on 2.5 years ago (except for deep cleaning). I can't even use my Volcano without it, you won't be disappointed :)

And idboehman, that's kind of what we thought as we try to keep pretty close tabs on anything coming out of S&B, thanks for confirming. A 14mm does fit it quite nicely, which is why we use it for the male joint, whereas the bottom is slightly different from a standard 18mm and we had to develop out own. Very close and still kinda sorta works, but not like with the 14mm on top.

Magma_Industries,
Top Bottom