Magma and Obsidian Volcano Bubblers

Socks And Sandals

Thanks for the feedback. We use 1/8" Borosilicate which can withstand almost any and all physical impacts, especially regular usage like getting knocked over on the table or onto carpet. It's a compromise we had to make when considering weight issues on the Classic, which aren't much of an issue on the Hybrid with the locking chamber. If there are any failures, it's almost exclusively at the joining/mating sections due to internal stresses during fabrication. Feel free to send us a picture of the break if this ever happens, as we can almost always classify those as defects and get replacements sent out.

Regarding the AliExpress models, I've addressed the issues with those in other posts if you search my history so I won't go into detail here, but this one looks like a particularly bad knockoff, as the lower joint section doesn't have the proper splashguard, and it doesn't look like the right proportions for chamber size/water level so you're really at risk for water getting into your herbal chamber. Definitely don't blame anyone for trying them out, but you get what you pay for... Unfortunately we're not overpriced, just having to price our stuff appropriately to get our glass blowers paid acceptable wages. Again, appreciate your input, we're just trying to make a better vaping experience for everyone :)
You always get what you pay for has always been a lifetime motto of mine! Anyhow, I already purchased a 14mm bag adapter which is a perfect fit for all my rigs, but I do have 2 questions for you though.

1. Any plans on upgrading both the Obsidian and the Maga with 5mm glass that could possibly be specifically for the Hybrid? Since the classic has issues with the weight as you mentioned.
2. When is your next sale? 20% off coming up anytine soon

Been sitting on the fence over the Obsidian for some time now and since my budget will allow it, I was just curious how long I'd have to wait til your next sale vs. picking one up this month.

Thanks!

Socks And Sandals,

Cereal4dinner

Thanks for the feedback. We use 1/8" Borosilicate which can withstand almost any and all physical impacts, especially regular usage like getting knocked over on the table or onto carpet. It's a compromise we had to make when considering weight issues on the Classic, which aren't much of an issue on the Hybrid with the locking chamber. If there are any failures, it's almost exclusively at the joining/mating sections due to internal stresses during fabrication. Feel free to send us a picture of the break if this ever happens, as we can almost always classify those as defects and get replacements sent out.

Regarding the AliExpress models, I've addressed the issues with those in other posts if you search my history so I won't go into detail here, but this one looks like a particularly bad knockoff, as the lower joint section doesn't have the proper splashguard, and it doesn't look like the right proportions for chamber size/water level so you're really at risk for water getting into your herbal chamber. Definitely don't blame anyone for trying them out, but you get what you pay for... Unfortunately we're not overpriced, just having to price our stuff appropriately to get our glass blowers paid acceptable wages. Again, appreciate your input, we're just trying to make a better vaping experience for everyone :)

Its a good product for people who don't care about value. First thing I noticed about it when I got it was how thin the glass is. Also if you use hot water in you bong it hydrates your hit just as good as the obsidian friends

Last edited:

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
You always get what you pay for has always been a lifetime motto of mine! Anyhow, I already purchased a 14mm bag adapter which is a perfect fit for all my rigs, but I do have 2 questions for you though.

1. Any plans on upgrading both the Obsidian and the Maga with 5mm glass that could possibly be specifically for the Hybrid? Since the classic has issues with the weight as you mentioned.
2. When is your next sale? 20% off coming up anytine soon

Been sitting on the fence over the Obsidian for some time now and since my budget will allow it, I was just curious how long I'd have to wait til your next sale vs. picking one up this month.

Thanks!
Great to hear you're liking the bag adapter! We weren't too sure how much people would use them, simply because the integrated bubblers provide such a better vapor IMO, but people seem to really like the ability to use the bags with their own glass pieces.

1. There are talks about increasing the OD, but there are other issues this introduces in both the supply and the manufacturing process which we're trying to work out before releasing anything. We attempted this early on when we developed Obsidian, but couldn't get consistent results.

2. We honestly still have the holiday sale active. Enter code HOLIDAZE to see the 20% applied ;)
Its a good product for people who don't care about value. First thing I noticed about it when I got it was how thin the glass is. Also if you use hot water in you bong it hydrates your hit just as good as the obsidian friends
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I would argue we provide great value for the customer service and quality guarantees we provide. Additionally, I am proud that I'm able to say we still have the same glass blowers that we started with more than 8 years ago, so they know our fabrication process better than anyone could, which is why we stand behind our products in a way that mass produced knockoff's can't compete with. There's a reason we're more expensive than overseas mass produced crap, but I understand what you're saying which is why I totally get why people would be interested in the knockoffs. Hell, I'm a glass enthusiast myself, but always like a good deal on functional stuff too :)

We actually recommend people try using hot water in their bubblers as well! You'll get more humidity, but slightly less cooling compared to using cool water. We're talking 100% humidity with hot water vs ~93-95% with cool water. It's not quite the same as just using hot water in your bong, but you get pretty close at around 70% RH, which is why we started offering the much more affordable bag adapters, which Socks and Sandals can confirm work just as intended :)

Cereal4dinner

Great to hear you're liking the bag adapter! We weren't too sure how much people would use them, simply because the integrated bubblers provide such a better vapor IMO, but people seem to really like the ability to use the bags with their own glass pieces.

1. There are talks about increasing the OD, but there are other issues this introduces in both the supply and the manufacturing process which we're trying to work out before releasing anything. We attempted this early on when we developed Obsidian, but couldn't get consistent results.

2. We honestly still have the holiday sale active. Enter code HOLIDAZE to see the 20% applied ;)

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I would argue we provide great value for the customer service and quality guarantees we provide. Additionally, I am proud that I'm able to say we still have the same glass blowers that we started with more than 8 years ago, so they know our fabrication process better than anyone could, which is why we stand behind our products in a way that mass produced knockoff's can't compete with. There's a reason we're more expensive than overseas mass produced crap, but I understand what you're saying which is why I totally get why people would be interested in the knockoffs. Hell, I'm a glass enthusiast myself, but always like a good deal on functional stuff too :)

We actually recommend people try using hot water in their bubblers as well! You'll get more humidity, but slightly less cooling compared to using cool water. We're talking 100% humidity with hot water vs ~93-95% with cool water. It's not quite the same as just using hot water in your bong, but you get pretty close at around 70% RH, which is why we started offering the much more affordable bag adapters, which Socks and Sandals can confirm work just as intended :)
When did you guys stop using the China glass? I told you bud I had your product, the shit broke from a tiny fall onto a carpet

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
When did you guys stop using the China glass? I told you bud I had your product, the shit broke from a tiny fall onto a carpet
Not sure what you’re on about… we’ve had the same US glass blowers since our inception. Please shoot us an email showing the break, as it was most likely a fabrication defect at the joints like I said above…. All our glass is hand blown, so those can happen every now and then, but we take great care to ensure each defective unit is fed through the master blower to ensure it’s not a systematic issue. We’ve love to see your break so we can inform our production team if anything looks suspect if you still have it. Feel free to DM me if there’s anything specific you’d like to discuss so we can keep this thread Volcano related. Cheers!

Socks And Sandals

Thank you! I guess I'll make a purchase now then! On a side note, I don't think $150 is an unreasonable price at all. It's also what VapeXhale charged for their hydratubes which are nearly the same size.. but I guess people will find a reason to complain! :rolleyes: The minor imperfections of china glass has always bothered me and since I almost never break my glass.. this price is a drop in the bucket compared to the near 400 dollar pieces I just recently purchased.. namely a Mobius Nuc and a Purr Swiss Honeycomb! Thanks for the info, I'll be making that purchase by tomorrow at the latest!

Last edited:

Cereal4dinner

Thank you! I guess I'll make a purchase now then! On a side note, I don't think $150 is an unreasonable price at all. It's also what VapeXhale charged for their hydratubes which are nearly the same size.. but I guess people will find a reason to complain! :rolleyes: The minor imperfections of china glass has always bothered me and since I almost never break my glass.. this price is a drop in the bucket compared to the near 400 dollar pieces I just recently purchased.. namely a Mobius Nuc and a Purr Swiss Honeycomb! Thanks for the info, I'll be making that purchase by tomorrow at the latest!
ive had intricate well made tough thick pieces for $100. theres not a lot going on with the piece is why I compare the Value to that. the obsidian its a simple tube With a 4 hole perc… to each their own if your ok with the value.

Cereal4dinner,
Reactions: gmo67

Socks And Sandals

ive had intricate well made tough thick pieces for $100. theres not a lot going on with the piece is why I compare the Value to that. the obsidian its a simple tube With a 4 hole perc… to each their own if your ok with the value.
I'm ok with the value just fine. I can find well made china pieces too for that price. It doesn't mean I'm interested in it. My last purchase was a Double Stereo Matrix clone I bought over at discountenails.com and I'm selling it as a $50 dollar loss for $50. Sure the performance is the same (well half the perk doesn't appear to be working too well) but I don't like looking down at the joint and constantly seeing that it isn't lined up with the mouthpiece nor do I like seeing that only half the perk works. I don't want to derail the thread too much more but if you're interested In it PM me.

Now my china piece that came with my Vrod essentials bundle with that super slit diffuser showerhead is prob the best piece out of china I've seen (you can see this in my profile pic <<<) next to and old TAG bubbler I had that broke. Most american glass is sold as a mark up and some chinese pieces as well if it means branding the glass with the company logo like Seibo did with the Vapexhale hydratubes. Personally I preferred buying direct from the manufacturer and have the VapeXhale logo, but like you said to each their own.

We all cut corners in our lives for different things, but for me, my hobbies just aren't one of them. I make up for that with my budget by sacrificing other things like not eating out as much, not buying a newer car to drive, etc. It's all personal preference really.

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: MinnBobber

Socks And Sandals

@Magma_Industries

Hey, I finally did get around to purchasing an Obsidian! Thank you so much for that code (which still works!) and the 20% off! Very excited and curious about using the whip. You can't really rotate the whip while it's attached to the top of the obsidian can you? If not it's not a big deal! Seems as if it was really designed with the bags in mind. Once this arrives I'll probably retire the 14mm bag adapter or use it if I have company over who would like to try the bag dry and wet! :freak:

Thanks again for that coupon code, I'll report back in a few weeks! :tup:

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
@Magma_Industries

Hey, I finally did get around to purchasing an Obsidian! Thank you so much for that code (which still works!) and the 20% off! Very excited and curious about using the whip. You can't really rotate the whip while it's attached to the top of the obsidian can you? If not it's not a big deal! Seems as if it was really designed with the bags in mind. Once this arrives I'll probably retire the 14mm bag adapter or use it if I have company over who would like to try the bag dry and wet! :freak:

Thanks again for that coupon code, I'll report back in a few weeks! :tup:
Great to hear!

The seal should be tight between the whip connector and the top of Obsidian, so it won't exactly rotate around freely. We always like having the option of using the bag adapters, but honestly using Obsidian straight into a bag is the best and we don't really need much more :)

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Now that you know you were wrong about the China glass, you don't think an apology is in order?

Silat,
  • Haha
Reactions: BigJr48

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Wtf you talking about? I received China glassy
This is what Magma industries says> "Not sure what you’re on about… we’ve had the same US glass blowers since our inception."
How could you get China glass from them if they have never used it?

Silat,

Cereal4dinner

Not nice. Warning point issued.
This is what Magma industries says> "Not sure what you’re on about… we’ve had the same US glass blowers since our inception."
How could you get China glass from them if they have never used i
Oh you mean someone youve never met before trying to sell you an overpriced product told you something your taking on faith? Maybe you should apologize to this forum for being a soulless shill.

Cereal4dinner,

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Wtf you talking about? I received China glass
You did not. At least not from us if you bought directly.
Oh you mean someone youve never met before trying to sell you an overpriced product told you something your taking on faith? Maybe you should apologize to this forum for being a soulless shill.
Please don't insult anyone. Chill out.

In regards to the first point.... I'd like to let everyone know we have our O-rings back in stock, as well as a new model of Obsidian that is much more affordable than our US made glass. We still offer the US made option as well, and it will include a 6-month "no questions asked" warranty, but we now have enough trusted shops from international suppliers that we can confidently offer the same quality assurance for a lower price. Everything ships from our warehouse in California, so no wait times for international shipping either. Cheers!

Magma_Industries,
Reactions: Timps27

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
In our experience the freeze coil makes a pretty substantial difference in the cooling regime (you'll definitely notice your vapor is cooler), but it's really the humidity introduced by the bubbler portion that helps with the harshness on the throat and lungs. It's important to note that the absolute difference highly depends on the environment it's being used in.... eg you'll notice much more of the difference in a cool, dry climate, as opposed to a warm humid climate (think testing in Alaska, vs testing in Florida, for a US centric frame of reference). In any environment, however, ou'll still notice a big difference between using Sapphire just as a cooling coil, vs using it as a cooling coil in conjunction with the integrated bubbler. It's really the humidity from the bubbler that you need for reducing any harshness. Sometimes I don't freeze the coil and just use the bubbler portion, and it works just like my Obsidian, but with slightly cooler vapor due to the larger thermal mass on top. It's barely noticeable, but the effect is there.

No problem! I'm pretty busy with the holidays coming up and preparing for the official full release of Sapphire, but I'll try to take a video of each on the Hybrid to show the bubbling.

Cheers!

stressed

In our experience the freeze coil makes a pretty substantial difference in the cooling regime (you'll definitely notice your vapor is cooler), but it's really the humidity introduced by the bubbler portion that helps with the harshness on the throat and lungs. It's important to note that the absolute difference highly depends on the environment it's being used in.... eg you'll notice much more of the difference in a cool, dry climate, as opposed to a warm humid climate (think testing in Alaska, vs testing in Florida, for a US centric frame of reference). In any environment, however, ou'll still notice a big difference between using Sapphire just as a cooling coil, vs using it as a cooling coil in conjunction with the integrated bubbler. It's really the humidity from the bubbler that you need for reducing any harshness. Sometimes I don't freeze the coil and just use the bubbler portion, and it works just like my Obsidian, but with slightly cooler vapor due to the larger thermal mass on top. It's barely noticeable, but the effect is there.

No problem! I'm pretty busy with the holidays coming up and preparing for the official full release of Sapphire, but I'll try to take a video of each on the Hybrid to show the bubbling.

Cheers!
i love the obsidian. i've used them for years. i dropped my first one many times (always my fault putting it on the edge of a table,) and finally, the gemlins decided to break it. got a new one a few days later. i'm going to jump on this new version on payday. it sounds great for easy coughers like me. and you reminded me that i need new O rings for my current one.

Socks And Sandals

Happy Black Friday everyone! We've got some sales going on all week, but we're most excited to introduce our newest freeze coil bubbler SAPPHIRE. Check out some pics here, and be sure to pre-order ASAP, they're going quickly!

If only I had known this was coming out before buying the already awesome Obsidian this time last year.. Looks awesome but I'll have to pass after buying a new $900 home office chair, an indoor smokeless ninja grill and a new cellphone for BF. I'll hop on this during 420 next year tho! :tup:

Socks And Sandals,

conanOrien

Happy Black Friday everyone! We've got some sales going on all week, but we're most excited to introduce our newest freeze coil bubbler SAPPHIRE. Check out some pics here, and be sure to pre-order ASAP, they're going quickly!

Wow, that built in glycerin coil looks so cool!

Truth be told, I experimented with a freeze coil stacked on an Obsidian in the past! I thought it was fun for once in a while, but a touch unwieldy. Biggest problem was that moisture would build up at the 14mm joint and drip when I took the coil off.

This would definitely solve that problem! Cheers on the new product, hope the launch is going well!

EDIT: just looked over my post history, and we talked about that setup way back when! I like to imagine I helped inspire you :lol:

Last edited:
conanOrien,

AndyO

Cheers!

"Humidity" is exactly what I'm after - I find the Volcano vapor to be really dry. But looking at your site I can't quite figure out what I'm after. I hope you can help!

Would you suggest the Obsidian, pre-ordering the Sapphire, or could I get away with the Borsciliate Magma?

Do i need any further glass adapters with any of these pieces?

What's the difference between USA glass and international glass?

Cheers man, hope to hear from you soon.

AndyO,

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone! Still working on getting a function video for you guys, I've just been running around and pre-occupied getting prepared for the Holidays. I promise it's still coming!

"Humidity" is exactly what I'm after - I find the Volcano vapor to be really dry. But looking at your site I can't quite figure out what I'm after. I hope you can help!

Would you suggest the Obsidian, pre-ordering the Sapphire, or could I get away with the Borsciliate Magma?

Do i need any further glass adapters with any of these pieces?

What's the difference between USA glass and international glass?

Cheers man, hope to hear from you soon.
Hey AndyO, I totally understand where you're coming from. If you're only looking for humidity (which is what really helps!), you should be OK with just going with the Obsidian. Sapphire gets you the same humidity, but lowers the temperature even more which is nice and COOL, but I can't say it actually helps with the irritation/harshness moreso than Obsidian. Sapphire is much more top heavy than Obsidian, so that may be something to consider especially if you're using the Easy Valve on a Classic/Digit as opposed to the Hybrid with it's locking chamber.

No need for any additional adapters, all bubblers come with everything you need to make your Volcano active! ;)

The USA and International glass indicates their manufacturing provenance, however they are exactly the same and are tested to the same standards. It's pretty much impossible to tell one from the other if they get mixed up, as we hold every shop to the same standards. The additional cost of the USA version goes into a "no-questions-asked" warranty, which is unheard of in the glass industry. Basically, if you feel like you may break it (or a furry friend doesn't respect it as much as you do), I'd recommend the USA model just in case, but otherwise there is no advantage of the USA over the international models.

Cheers!

Magma_Industries,
Reactions: AndyO

twater2k2

Hi,

I'm a UK user who recently moved and misplaced all my O-rings for my Obsidian Glass Bubbler, I don't suppose there's anyway of getting a cheap replacement set? i tried buying direct but its really expensive.

twater2k2,

AndyO

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone! Still working on getting a function video for you guys, I've just been running around and pre-occupied getting prepared for the Holidays. I promise it's still coming!

Hey AndyO, I totally understand where you're coming from. If you're only looking for humidity (which is what really helps!), you should be OK with just going with the Obsidian. Sapphire gets you the same humidity, but lowers the temperature even more which is nice and COOL, but I can't say it actually helps with the irritation/harshness moreso than Obsidian. Sapphire is much more top heavy than Obsidian, so that may be something to consider especially if you're using the Easy Valve on a Classic/Digit as opposed to the Hybrid with it's locking chamber.

No need for any additional adapters, all bubblers come with everything you need to make your Volcano active! ;)

The USA and International glass indicates their manufacturing provenance, however they are exactly the same and are tested to the same standards. It's pretty much impossible to tell one from the other if they get mixed up, as we hold every shop to the same standards. The additional cost of the USA version goes into a "no-questions-asked" warranty, which is unheard of in the glass industry. Basically, if you feel like you may break it (or a furry friend doesn't respect it as much as you do), I'd recommend the USA model just in case, but otherwise there is no advantage of the USA over the international models.

Cheers!

That's incredible mate, thank you!

Would you suggest waiting for a Boxing Day sale, or should I just go ahead with the order now?

AndyO,
Top Bottom